Chapter 5

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

The members of Seventeen walked into their respective dorms after arriving back to Seoul and to their homes from the airport. Each member was carrying their carry on as well as their suitcase while they proceeded to their rooms so that they could either unpack or simply just rest and enjoy the next couple of days that they had off before they had to return back to lessons, and dance practices as well as preparing for the new album that they would be releasing.

Inside the 6th floor dorm, Jihoon went to his room while leaving the suitcase unpacked and proceeded to lay in his bed with his phone in his hand. His roommate, Mingyu on the other had spent a couple minutes to unpack his suitcase before climbing onto his own bed. They already knew that the others were probably unpacking, but Jihoon wasn’t particularly in the mood to move.

“Are you going to unpack hyung?” Mingyu asks as he looked over to the other bed and at the producer who was staring at his phone.

“I’m too tired right now.” Jihoon simply replies as he continues to scroll through instagram.

“You know, you probably should unpack and spend the rest of the next couple days just laying around and being a sloth.” Mingyu suggests with a chuckle before he watches Jihoon crawl out of his bed with a groan and nods, knowing that Mingyu was right.

While Jihoon started unpacking, Soonyoung on the other hand was in his room on the 8th floor while messily placing things into the drawers with Hansol following suit. Jeonghan, who just finished unpacking in his room, peaked in before letting out a chuckle as he watched the two ‘put their things away’.

“Busy?” Jeonghan questions as he knocks on the open door which causes the two guys to look over and pause their movements.

“Just putting stuff away.” Hansol replies with a smile as he bends down to grab a couple more shirts out of the suitcase.

“I can see that. Very organized I see~” Jeonghan says with a chuckle before he sees Soonyoung give him his exaggerated and joking offended look.

“We were thinking of ordering Pizza. You guys down?” Jeonghan questions, still at the doorway.

“Of course!!” Soonyoung replied, enthusiastically while Hansol simply laughed at the dancer’s energetic response while modding himself.

“Perfect! Cause I already ordered your guys’~.” Jeonghan simply says with a smile before running off into the living room.

“He knows us too well.” Soonyoung speaks up after Jeonghan leaves.

“Yeah he does.” Hansol replied with a smile.

The two resumed putting their things away into their drawers and closet in a comfortable silence. The only sounds being heard was the other guys outside in the living room and the sound of their clothes being shuffled around while drawers were opening and closing.

“Are you going to go downstairs?” Hansol asks, breaking the silence as he pushes in the last drawer.

“Hm? No why? Does someone need me  for something?” Soonyoung questions back while standing back up as he proceeded to wheel his suitcase into the corner of their room.

“You just usually go downstairs to see Jihoonie-hyung so I was just asking.” Hansol replied with a smile as he pushed his suitcase in the direction where Soonyoung was standing so the older could push it into the corner as well.

“He seemed pretty tired when we were getting out of the vans. He probably doesn’t want me there bothering him.” Soonyoung says while letting out a sigh as he plopped onto his bed as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Did something happen?” Hansol questioned with wide eyes as he moved to sit on his own bed, surprised by Soonyoung’s answer.

“It’s just… I know Jihoonie doesn’t like to express himself and everything like that, but it kinda hurts to be constantly pushed away by your own boyfriend even when we’re alone. He’s so good at pouring everything out into his lyrics, but never wants me to see them and he never wants to talk to me about anything, he always keeps everything to himself. It’s just… I know I shouldn’t be feeling this way, but I’m just getting tired of all of this.” Soonyoung replies with a sigh as he looked down at his lap.

“Have you talked about this with him?” Hansol questioned as he moved to get up before sitting down on Soonyoung’s bed next to the older to comfort the dancer.

“Of course not. It’s Jihoon. He would probably just call me stupid and brush it off. It’s a waste of time and I don’t want to bother him more than I already have.” Soonyoung explained with sad eyes as he felt Hansol’s comforting hand being placed on his upper back.

“I hate seeing you like this hyung… I don’t like seeing the smiling Hoshi-hyung this upset...” Hansol says in a soft voice, unsure of how to respond to what Soonyoung said.

“It’s fine, I guess. I can manage…. More or less....” Soonyoung mumbled while moving his hands up to cover his face.

The two weren’t sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter