Final

MY REBOUND GIRL

 

 

I was about to chug my drink when suddenly, there was a hand preventing me from drinking it.
"You're drunk Yujin. Stop it already." She said while attempting to get the glass off my hand.

 

 

"I'm not drunk. Stop reaching for my glass, you have yours." 

 

 

"No! Clearly you are so, stop it! Are you even allowed to drink!?" 

 


Then, moments of battling between to give her the glass or not, I looked at her and my eyes widened. "M-Minjoo?" Think it was due to my drunken state that I called the name of the person I shouldn't be calling that time but, I did. 

 


She's there. Sitting in front of me. Is this even for real?

 


"M-Minjoo?" I adjusted myself and faced her clearly. I'm not even sure if I'm just hallucinating or what but I'm clearly seeing the person I really love, sitting in front of me.

 


Since I got no answer from her so, I touched her arm. Slowly getting a hold unto it and pulled her close to me. I can feel her stiffened with my sudden action. Well who wouldn't? But that's the least on my priority right now. 

 


"Y-Yuji---" I didn't knew where I got that courage from and why did I even do that in the first place but, I kissed her. She protested as she kept on pushing me away but minutes later, she kissed me back. I was so happy. Feeling a lot of ecstatic like my mind went on euphoria. Having Minjoo's sweet plum on mine was something I couldn't exchange for anything. 

 


We stopped after a couple of minutes to get some air back in our lungs as we both ran out of breath. I had our foreheads touched and she was all closing her eyes. I can't seem to figure out why am I seeing her beautiful, angelic face here but nonetheless, I believe what I believe to be real that time and that was, she's there. In my arms. 

 


"I-I miss you." She didn't utter a single word and was just listening. I cupped her smooth cheeks with both of my hands and gently it with my two thumbs. "I-I miss you so damn much, K-Kim M-Minjoo." Then I felt her tears fell from her eyes down to my thumbs. The moment she opened two round orbs, I saw fire and hurt. 

 


Why was my love hurting so much? Did our break-up hurt her this much like how it did to mine too? Does she now regreted of leaving me? 

 


"No, I'm sorry. Please don't cry. Stop crying baby." Her tears were flowing none-stop from her eyes and my hands were busy wiping them while she was shaking her head left and right. Indirectly telling me that I'm not supposed to say sorry to her.

 


My love's crying and it's hurting me so damn much watching her being like this. All I wanted was for her to be happy, yet here she is. Crying. In front of me.

 


"I love you. Please, return back to me." I whispered. I got my forehead touched hers, feeling every breath she let out and my hands were busy caressing the back of her neck to give her some comfort and warmth. 

 


There was a moment of brief silence. We were just there, glued to our position. Savoring every moment that I had with her.

 


Then, I heard her talk. But, I can't seem to make up what was it. I tried my hardest to process what it was but I think, the alcohol just really got first in my entire system. 

 


What were you saying baby? 

 


Well, I don't care what it was. The important thing in my mind right now is that, you're here, with me. 

 


After that, everything went black for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"If only, I really want be your M-Minjoo, Yujin-ah." 

 


"Sadly, I can't be her even if how much I wanted to." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


--

 

 

We're about to ride in the ferris wheel. And while waiting for it to move, I can't help myself but to ask why did I even agree to ride this thing?

 

 

The truth is, I don't like Ferris Wheel because, I'll just get flashbacks of memories which should be left forgotten however, Wonyoung's just so persistent. She just can't take no for an answer!

 

 

I slightly took a glance at her and cupped her face. She's closing her eyes. "Why are your eyes closed?"

 

 

"I'm S-scared."

 

 

That made me chuckle. Damn, I just remembered that this girl right here beside me's afraid of heights. Sigh... Why does she still wanted to ride here?

 

 

"Tsk. You have the guts to invite me rode this yet, you're so scared of heights."

 

 

She pouted while her eyes were still closed. I stared at her face and why can't I seem to take my eyes off of her? From her long eye lashes, small pointed nose, and down to her natural red lips, I can say that she's so damn beautiful. 

 

 

Suddenly, the Ferris Wheel came to a stop which made her jolt with her arms quickly locking my waist into a tight embrace. Faint sobs and sniffing of the nose can be heard coming from her. "Y-Yujin, let's go down now. Kaja. I don't want to be in here anymore. Let's get-off." 

 

 

"Shhh..." I hugged her and carressed her back, "Don't be scared, I'm here."

 

 

She didn't answer me, instead she hugged me very tightly. 

 

 

"Come on. Open your eyes, Wonyoungi~"

 

 

She shook her head and said, "Andwaeee~."

 

 

Then as I continued to stare at her, I noticed the big drops of tears coming out from her eyes and fell down to her cheeks so I gently wiped it with my thumb and kissed both of her precious eyes that were closed. "Open your eyes Wonyoung-ah. Trust me, you'll never going to regret it if you do."

 

 

She became silent for a couple of seconds before she slowly opened her eyes. Very slow that all I could ever see was the crystal clear remnants of her tears. She first adjusted to the light of the sorrounding and wiped her eyes clear. I never left my gaze at her and when she's all good, our eyes met for the very time and I swore it brought my already smiling face to curve more upward than it should be. 

 


"Look,"I said as I looked down, "Beautiful isn't it?"

 

 

When she looked down, I heard her gasped. I don't know if that was due to nervousness or scaredness or whatnot but, her response once again made me smile more."Daebak! So beautiful..." She can't stop looking around the amusement park. We're at the highest part so, everything below's so clear. Even the things around the neighborehood around this area.  

 

 

"See? I told you."

 

 

"Now I know why you chose this place to be the venue of your confession towards her."

 

 

That made me stop and sighed. "I don't want to talk about that." 

 

 

There was silence for a minute before she averted her gaze to me. "Yujin, the truth is, the reason why I want to ride here is because, I want to tell you something."

 

 

I looked at her intently. Trying to find at least a hint of what could this "something" be that she's gonna tell me. 

 

 

"I really like you, Yujin." 

 

 

I looked away. 

 

 

"Sorry, Wonyoung." I still can't reciprocate your feelings right now.

 

 

"I-It's okay," she faintly smiled, "I'll help you forget her."

 

 

"How?"

 

 

"Let me be your girlfriend," she held my hand, "I'm willing to be your rebound girlfriend, Yujin."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

"Why are you wearing that kind of clothes?" 

 

 

She turned around in front of me, "Does it fit me? Do I look y?"

 

 

I could just held my lips closed. She's wearing an above the knee black tube dress and her cleavage is so exposed! Damn it. What did even came up to her mind that she decided to wear that!? 

 

 

"No, change your dress woman."

 

 

"Why? Does it not suit me?"

 

 

What? It really suits you! That's what I want to tell her. But then, thinking of all the boys, girls and gays out there that will surely oogle at her wearing that so exposed dress pissed me off. So no. That's never going to happen. 

 

 

Hold up, what's even happening to me?

 

 

"Just change, Wonyoung." Better gave her that response than nothing. My mouth could've slip the words I've rambled earlier.

 

 

"Why though?" She sighed tiringly. "W-Will it suit if ever Minjoo eonni's the one who's wearing this dress instead of me?" That made me stop. Why does she have to bring Minjoo in this conversation?

 

 

"Stop mentioning her name, Wonyoung."

 

 

"Wae?" She bit her lip, trying to stop herself from crying, "You still haven't forgotten about her? You're still inlove with her, right?"

 

 

"Wonyoung, stop."

 

 

"Sorry." She softly muttered and gave me a faint smile, "I was just trying my luck. That maybe you could love me back if I tried to be like her."  

 

 

"Stop trying to be her. You're both different." She just gave me a nod. 

 

 

"Yeah. We're both really different. She's the one who you're inlove with. Not me."

 

 

"C'mon, that's not what I meant."

 

 

"It's okay, I already knew where's my place and where I should place myself. I'm just your rebound, right? That's it. Nothing more, nothing less." 

 

 

"But you're the one who offered yourself to me." She once again gave me a faint smile along with a single drop of tear from her eyes.

 

 

And then, she walked away.

 

 


I'm so stupid. I could just ball my fist thinking of how idiot and stupid I was. I'm just always hurting her. I'm always hurting the girl who didn't do anything but to love me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Do I even deserve her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

I was about to exit my condo when suddenly, there was a visitor in front of my door. My jaw dropped the moment my eyes met who the visitor was. After she left me for how many nonths, she still had the guts to come here? 

 

 

"What do you want, Minjoo?" 

 

 

"Let's talk." 

 

 

"Talk about what?" 

 

 

"About us." Hearing that made me balled my fist. It fired my rage. 

 

 

"Us? There's no us anymore, Minjoo. So, leave."

 

 

"I-I'm sorry," I was surprised when she suddenly enveloped me in a tight embrace. "I-I'm sorry if I left you before, Yujin. I don't have any choice that time. But, I'm here now. I'm already here." She gently said as she cupped my face, "I still love you, Yujin. I never stop loving you. It's just you, still you and will always be you. You're still inlove with me right?"

 

 

"Yes, I still love you---"

 

 

"I knew it." Before I could say anything, she kissed me on the lips. 

 

 

Out of reflex, I quickly pushed her off of me.

 

 

"What the hell, Yujin?" She got surprised of what I did. Well she should be! I was too when she did that.

 

 

"You can't just come here and kiss me all of a sudden Minjoo. I already have a girlfriend." She sighed and harshly brushed her hair backwards. A thing that she does when she's annoyed.

 

 

"If you love me, then break up with her. If I know, you just used that girl to forget me." 

 

 

"It's not that easy Minjoo." 

 

 

"What makes it hard? Isn't being with someone whom you don't have any feelings with is harder? " I sighed. She's got a point, but I need to think about this first.

 

 

"Just- go for now Minjoo." 

 

 

"Okay, I'll wait. I'll wait for you until tomorrow. And hoping that tomorrow, you already make your decision." 

 

 

After that, she left my unit. The whole night, I kept on thinking about the words that she said to me and her abrupt kiss. It's been a long while since the last time that I got to taste that lips of hers. And I admit it, I missed her so damn much. I missed my Mingguri.

 

 

But I shouldn't feel this way, right? I already have Wonyoung. But, who should I choose? 

 

 

I love Minjoo. That's a fact. But, after five months of being together with Wonyoung, I think I am starting to fall for her. Does that mean, I love her more than Minjoo now? 

 

 

Morning came and that's when I checked my phone again. I hissed the moment I noticed a lot of missed calls coming from Wonyoung.

 

 

it. I forgot to fetch her yesterday at school!

 

 

Later, my phone rang again. It was a call from Wonyoung's number so I immediately answered it.

 

 

"Hello, baby? , I'm sorry. I forgot to fetch you yesterday. I'm really sorry. Did you get home safel—"

 

 

"Ms?" I stopped ranting the moment I heard the voice from the other line and heart started beating irrationally. 

 

 

"Hello? Who's this? And Why do you have her phone— Where's Wonyoung? I want to talk to her."

 

 

"I'm nurse Kang Joon. Miss Jang Wonyoung's here at Seoul National Hospital. You're the recent person whom she called yesterday so, I called you." Hearing that, my world paused for a minute or two. It's like, I was being poured with buckets of cold water with blocks of ice.

 

 

, what happened?

 

 

I ended the call quickly and then jolted my way towards my car down the basement. I didn't even get to fix myself due to my worriness of her. Gawd! Why's she at Seoul Hospital? 

 

 

What's she even doing there? 

 

 

Aish, why does this elevator's have to be so slow!?

 

 

C'mon! 

 

 

No time to loose, I'll use the stairs. 

 

 

I jumped three steps down and immediately arrived at the basement. Thankfully, my car's just near. 

 

 

I quickly got in and speeded my way to the hospital. I don't ing care if I'm breaking a lot of violation right now. That's the least of my concern. I need to quickly see my bunny!

 

 

The moment I arrived at the hospital, I abruptly stepped on the break and sprinted out to the nurse station. I didn't even care  if my car's not in the parking area and will be towed later or whatever! I just need to see her. Agh! I hope she's okay. 

 

 

"Where's Miss Jang Wonyoung!?"

 

 

One nurse lead the way for us. I was sweating buckets already and it's still pouring down nonestop. I'm so nervous and worried and scared and pissed and tired and— did I already said that I'm so worried right now? Gawd I can't even describe properly what I'm feeling. 

 

 

We turned at a certain corner and my feet can't seem to move the moment I realized where we're heading to. 

 

 

"Where the heck are you leading me to!?" 

 

 

"Miss, we're heading to where the body of Miss Jang Wonyoung is." 

 

 

"You must be kidding me— that's not even the way going to the ER!" 

 

 

"Miss calm down. I'm sorry but it's what it says here on the sheet. I'm sorry." The nurse bowed his head down and slowly made his way out of the way. 

 

 

Fear took me and my entire body's shaking. I was hessitating to open the door, afraid that whatever I'm gonna see inside the room's gonna crash me. 

 

 

With all the courage that I have, I opened the door and saw nothing. Nothing but a stretcher in the middle with something on top of it. It's long and was covered with something that's black.

 

 

That's not what I think it is right? 

 

 

No. It can't be. 

 

 

Slowly, I made my way towards the object and removed the black cloth that was covering a body. A resting body.

 

 

Immediately my hand covered my mouth as I dropped my jaw. My knees grew weak and I suddenly can no longer stand anymore. I slumped down while holding the body of her. 

 

 

My world had stopped. Like, literally stopped and everything around me but my tears. They're continuosly falling and I can't seem to catch up with my breathing. It's like getting shorter every second.

 

 

This is not her! 

 

 

My arms found it's way to her body and enveloped her in my tight embrace. "Wonyoung-ah, baby? Wake up, c'mon." I gently said as I carresed her soft and fluffy cheeks. 

 

 

"I know I ed up yesterday, I really didn't mean to forget it." 

 

 

Damn it, this is just a ing joke, right? 

 

 

"B-babe? Bunny? Open your eyes for me please." I bit my lips to stop it from shaking. I'm already beginning to be a crying mess.

 

 

"C'mon this is not funny anymore, open your eyes please?" Her skin's so pale as well as her lips. Her red plummy lips and rosy cheeks were long gone now. Yet, I still find her very beautiful. 

 

 

"Turn off the Air-condition please. My bunny's cold."

 

 

"__"

 

 

I held her so tightly into my embrace, wanting to share to her my body heat. Her body's as cold as ice. 

 

 

"Hey you!" I harshly pointed at the nurse who's just annoyingly, looking at me. "Turn off the AC in this room this instant. My baby's freezing here! Don't you know that it's not good for yout patient to be cold!?" But he wasn't listening. Instead he turned down his head. And that made my tears swarm like crazy out of my eyes.

 

 

"Miss, I'm sorry but—"

 

 

"No! She's not! Where are your doctors here!? Isn't this the "Seoul National Hospital?" It's called NATIONAL for a reason! Get them here! They have a patient to attend to!"

 

 

"I'm sorry. Our doctors already did what they can but she just-"

 

 

"No! My Wonyoung's a strong person! GET THEM IN HERE AND SAVE HER!" 

 

 

"Miss, Miss Jang's already dead-"

 

 

"MY BABY'S NOT DEAD!" 

 

 

"__"

 

 

"She's not dead." 

 

 

"__"

 

 

"She made me promise to take her to Hongkong's Disney Land this Summer break." 

 

 

"__" 

 

 

"She made me promise..." I turned to her and kissed her forehead. I let my forehead rest there as I was squezing her hands from time to time. 

 

 

"... I'm sorry to hear that sir, however, even if I make all the doctors come here, there's nothing much that they can do. She's gone." 

 

 

"__" 

 

 

"I'm sorry to deliver the bad news." 

 

 

But no matter how I convince myself that this isn't real, her cold body and her pale face says otherwise. 

 

 

She's really gone. . I can terribly hear how my heart shattered into pieces and crashed down on the cold floor.

 

 

She ing left me already! 

 

 

"Miss Ahn..." That was the only time that I got to notice someone else's presence aside from the nurse who was dressed like some kind of police. "My men was doing his afternoon patrol when he found her lifeless body, helplessly lying at the very dark corner not too far from her school. As we carefully checked on her, we then found out that she has two stabs at her back and three at her right side. Also, her uniform was totally ripped off and torn apart and her underware was pulled down. The doctor saw blood on her skirt so we concluded that she's a victim of and murder. As of now, we're still finding the suspect and as we speak, my men were doing their best to capture the person who did this to your fri—" 

 

 

"She's my girlfriend." I thought my heart was already broken and shattered when I knew that she's already— But, the pieces were again shattered into pieces when I heard what happened to her. My heart was stabbed like a thousand times, thinking the gruesome and cruel thing that happened to her yesterday. Why does it have to happen to her? SHE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE THIS! WHY DID EVEN FORGET TO FETCH HER!? THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!

 

 

He showed me Wonyoung's phone, "We also found this. It's inside her skirt when the brutal crime happened. Thankfully the criminal didn't touch it. We already examined it and you were the last person who she called and texted yesterday."

 

 

I got the phone from him but it's not working. The battery might already be dead so I fished out my phone instead and opened my inbox. I didn't have the opportunity to look at it earlier because I was rushing my way here.

 


Yujin? 

 

 

Where are you?

 

 

Yujiniie, text me if you're already on your way here okay? ^_^

 

 

Yujiniiieee?

 

 

Yujin-ah? Where are you?

 

 

Baby, I'm already scared. There were 5 men that's been following me.

 

 

Babe, Eotteohge? 

 

 

Please where are you?

 

 

Come here already.

 

 

Yujin, help me! I don't know where to go. I'm trapped and they're getting closer.

 

 

Yujin,

 

 

I love you :) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


When I read her last message with me, the tears that I didn't even know I still have, flowed like waterfalls. 

 

 

Damn it.

 

 

This is ing all my fault. 

 

 

If only I didn't chose to stay at my unit just to talk with Minjoo. 

 

 

I've forgotten about her. 

 

 

I let her wait for nothing yesterday!

 

 

And even in her last breath, I didn't get to say how much I love her. 

 

 

That she's not only a rebound for me. 

 

 

That she's the one whom I chose over her. 

 

 

My feelings for her were more than that. But I'm too late.

 

 

"I'm sorry Wonyoung-ah. I'm so s-sorry that I failed to be your girlfriend." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End. Thanks for reading this one-shot.