Hello Dear Soulmate

I Promise To Love You

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is beyond Jiyong's ability to comprehend what is actually happening at this moment. Not that he forgets how bizarre his group of friends could be at times -- and he only has two friends for God's sake -- but this is beyond their normal type of peculiar.

 

Youngbae and Seunghyun (his only best friends since primary school, somehow the author finds herself snorting) are both lying around in his living room, both staring towards the ceiling as if it holds all the answers to the world's mysteries. It is barely ten in the morning, and never had Jiyong ever finds himself having to deal with these too familiar faces this early.

What are they even doing here right now??!

 

"Bae?? Hyun?? What are you both doing--"

 

Jiyong is cut off when both men turn their heads towards him at the same time, faces void of emotion. If he isn't as confused as he is right now, Jiyong would've made a joke on how his friends look lifeless on his carpet, as weak as zombies look like when they've got no brains to munch on for weeks.

On a second thought, don't zombies look weak all the time..?

 

By the way, since he's confused by the sudden sight that welcomes him in the morning, he didn't make the joke.

 

"That would be my fault, Jiyong-ah.."

 

Jiyong jumps on his feet, not at all expecting for the sudden voice coming from behind him. He quickly turns around, spinning on his heels quite fastly that he almost loses his footing and finds Daesung walking from the direction of his bathroom. The man was probably in there when Jiyong discovered his lifeless friends. "And why is that..?"

 

Daesung had a guilty grin on his face, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. "Remember last night, we invited you to join us to a party and you refused..? Yeah well the two got extremely drunk and since your place was the nearest from the party I brought them here..."

 

Jiyong raises one of his eyebrows in bewilderment. He can't deny that he's been exhausted between balancing his studies and part time job this recent weeks, and last night he had reached his limit and basically fainted on his bed. It makes sense how he couldn't hear the three entering his humble abode. He must've been absolutely dead to the world for not being awaken by the noises that his drunk friends were definitely making last night. It must've been a torture for Daesung to guide the two buffoons on his own..

 

He chuckles slightly despite everything, glancing towards the two idiots who most possibly are experiencing massive hangover judging by their condition. Daesung joins him, the older's buff body shaking in small laughter albeit shily. He had only met the older three months ago, when he and his two best friends were attending an art exhibition.

 

Seunghyun was the one with the heart for art, but as supportive best friends Jiyong and Youngbae had agreed to accompany him. It was Seunghyun's turn to choose their hangout place, after all. They were there alongside the oldest as he went on and on about the art pieces both Jiyong and Youngbae didn't really know or care about. They were also there when Seunghyun, the ever clumsy Seunghyun, bumped into a guy as he was too busy talking about this certain chair that he wasn't aware of where he was heading to.

 

"Agh- I'm extremely sorry!"

"Sorry I stepped on your toes!!"

 

And that was it. The moment. It was as if something clicked in their eyes, and twin smiles stretched on both their faces. Jiyong glanced towards Youngbae, and the shorter too was grinning like he himself was. They all knew what each other's soulmate tattoos say, and based on what had came out of the stranger's mouth, Seunghyun had clearly found his soulmate.

 

Since that day, Daesung had slowly became one of them, joining most of their hangouts and slowly getting more and more comfortable with Seunghyun's best pals. Jiyong and Youngbae treated him nicely like he had always been one of them, but the brunette was still a bit shy if he was left with the two without Seunghyun by his side.

 

A month after meeting each other, Daesung moved in with Seunghyun despite only having known the other for a short amount of time. Jiyong guessed it was the bond that soulmates have, the bond which he has yet to experience. If he is destined to meet his significant other, that is. He is the only one without a soulmate at this point, since Youngbae had met Hyorin last year at an amusement park.

 

It was rather cliched since somehow the girl's hat was being blown and carried away by the wind (who knows how it suddenly got so windy) and as fate had decided the hat oh so coincidentally stopped at Youngbae's feet. The shorter guy had picked it up, examining the thing with a confused expression on his face that Jiyong had found quite funny at that time.

 

It was then suddenly that a petite girl was running towards them, panting, obviously out of breath. The two met their gazes, seemingly in a trance for a few seconds, until Youngbae found his ability to speak again and cleared his throat.

 

"Is this yours..?"

"Yes, yes it is,"

 

Jiyong honestly wished that his first words are as innocent as his friends' are. He is brought back to the present when he hears Youngbae groaning in pain, clutching his head in agony. Right. The two morons are still here.

 

He glances at the clock and realizes that he has just enough time to get ready for his morning classes, and judging by the idiots' conditions, they won't be making it to their lectures. 

 

"It's okay, Jiyong. You can go, I'll take care of them and make sure none of them puke on any of your things."

 

Jiyong smiles, thanking the older as he rushes to his room and prepares himself for another normal day of his life. Expressing his gratitude towards Daesung once again before taking out his shoes and twisting the front door open, Jiyong wears his shoes with one hand and closes the door with the other. He can hear Seunghyun whining at his soulmate, to kiss the pain away, and all Jiyong could do is smile sadly. (and probably in little jealousy)

He wants a loving soulmate too.

 

However, the reminder of the exact words that are tattoed on his skin, he somehow doubts that his future soulmate would be as sweet as Hyorin or even as tender as Daesung is.

 

Jiyong starts his motorcycle with a heavy sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

Soulmate tattoos are very unique, even though every single person on Earth have them. What is sweeter than having your significant other's first words to you engraved permanently on your skin, right..?

 

The words are black in colour, etched onto your skin in all types of fonts, it's different with everyone which is what makes it special for every single person on Earth. Once the two soulmates meet and utter their first words to each other, the colour will turn to silver, as an indication that yes, you've found the one.

 

Most soulmates fall in love at first sight -- or in better phrase, first words -- and some fall in love along the way of getting to know each other. No matter what, at the end of the day, the bond is unbreakable, because destiny says so.

 

Once the words turned gold, then it means that love has bloomed in their hearts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

That evening, Jiyong is more than unwilling to entertain his co-worker with his gossips, but knowing Minhyuk for a year already, even the apocalypse couldn't stop the stream of words flowing out of his mouth like the Niagara falls.

 

Jiyong works in a cafe near their college like any student with financial problems in a drama would, and therefore of course he's going to see familiar faces entering the premise everyday. It was normal, duh. He couldn't see why Minhyuk would make a fuss everytime Lee Seungri enters in his glory with his group of rich spoilt friends.

 

"Jiyong..! He came again..!"

 

Jiyong replies with an uninterested glance towards the group of rich brats. "So..?" He continues with his current task, wiping the empty table with a piece of cloth before the next customers come. Minhyuk was standing behind the counter, following the direction of one of Seungri's friends who had just ordered for their table with his curious eyes subtly.

 

As if he doesn't notice how Jiyong isn't as excited as he is, Minhyuk continues dreamily, placing his elbow on the counter as he cradles his face, "I understand why he has so many fans.. His aura itself is enough to sweep me off my feet.." 

 

Jiyong hums, not really encouraging his friend to go on but as always Minhyuk never gets it. "I wonder who his soulmate is.. Must be the luckiest person on Earth to be able to see that face first thing in the morning when they wake up.. To be held close to that body.. To be loved--"

 

"Minhyuk, you have a soulmate already." Jiyong supplies the obvious info, his memory bringing him back to his first day starting his job, when the chatterbox had been so friendly with him, telling him everything he needs to know and the ones he doesn't really have to. Like how Minhyuk and their dimpled-face supervisor, Jooheon, are soulmates for three years already.

 

"So what..? Can't I gush over someone else..? It's like how fangirls go crazy over their idols, it's the same thing Jiyong yah.."

 

Jiyong rolls his eyes, not really annoyed but he finds himself unable to win when it's against his co-worker's words. He glances again towards their topic of conversation, watching as Lee Seungri talks about how his dad had recently bought the car he wanted last week. The guy is talking about it oh so proudly that it is loud enough to be heard throughout the premise.

Maybe that was his intention anyway.

 

Who'd want a man like that, honestly..?

 

Jiyong is a lit major, and he is thankful that the rich popular jerk is a business major. Imagining himself having to sit in same classes as the other had Jiyong frowning. He can't deny the guy had the looks, but his personality is a total turn-off.

 

"I heard after his last break up with his last girlfriend, Seungri has set his eyes on Chaerin Lee."

 

Jiyong finds himself turning towards Minhyuk again. (He doesn't notice that the younger had still been speaking) "But Chaerin has a soulmate..?"

 

Minhyuk nods enthusiastically, because finally Jiyong is paying his attention towards him. "Yes, but Soohyuk had done something that angered Seungri, and I guess he's going to avenge him."

 

Jiyong finds himself scoffing. That is beyond childish. Whoever Lee Seungri's soulmate is, they must be the unluckiest person on Earth.

 

"And you know what--"

 

"Lee Minhyuk, I love you but if you continue slacking off I'll have to fire you, you idiot..!"

 

Jiyong and Minhyuk turn around to face a baby faced guy about their height, with both his hands on his waist like an angry mom. Jiyong snickers as Minhyuk giggles before straightaway latching onto Jooheon, wrapping the other with his lanky limbs and talking sweet nothings that their supervisor's ears turn a deep red.

 

Jiyong ignores the longing and envy tugging at his heart seeing them both. Instead, he just sticks his tongue out and fakes a disgusted expression at the two which makes them giggle even louder. He's happy for all his friends, really. He was lonely sometimes, but he's used to it.

Sure.

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

"Omma, why would my soulmate say a bad word to me..? Am I a bad boy, omma..?"

 

"Aigoo Jiyong-ah.. No, absolutely not.. You're the nicest boy in the world.. "

 

 

 

Then why..?

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong always wore long sleeves no matter what the season at that time was. If it's too hot, then he wouldn't come out of the house. It became his habit since he was a child, or specifically since the day his soulmate tattoo appear.

 

His mother had reasoned out that people will be jealous of his tattoo, since it was so unique and all. But when Jiyong was big enough to know that his soulmate's first words to him isn't really a nice thing to say at a first meeting, he understood then. 

 

Sometimes late at night, sitting on the rooftop as he gazed upon the stars, Jiyong wondered silently. What kind of a person his soulmate is..? Or is he the one who isn't nice towards the other person that they have the heart to utter such words to him..? 

 

He tried to be optimistic, reminding himself that some are tattooed with words that are too common and even being used on a daily basis. However, having a curse word on your forearm wasn't really something you could be proud of, right..?

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

"To more years of fooling around and having fun like idiots!!"

 

Beer glasses are heard clanking against each other, and if it isn't his third glass already, Jiyong would have noticed how his other friends aren't really drinking their portions. He is the only one gulping all the liquid in his glass down his throat, unaware of the secret looks that his friends had been sharing for the last hour.

 

It's been ages since he last agreed on coming with them to the club, and after being given promises of "We aren't going to dance or anything, just drink some beer and try loosening up your overworked body". Jiyong has come to realize that he is way his tolerance already, or is he not..? The loud music is banging all around him and it hurts his head everytime the beat quickens. He wants to ask for Youngbae's opinion -- do I look like I'm drunk..? -- but before that he needs to choose which Youngbae out of the three in front of him can give him the answer he wants.

 

At some point, Jiyong is half-aware as his three friends drag him out of the club and into Seunghyun's car, heading towards his home maybe..? He chooses not to care much as he counts the passing lights through the window. He already reaches a certain number -- wait what was he counting again..? -- when the car is put to a halt. Yeah, they had definitely brought him back to his home since they finally arrive at his door (he can confirm this fact because it IS the smell of his door) and soon they are all entering his living room. He mindlessly let them manhandle him to his bedroom and he is so grateful for that since he could use some good sleep right now--

 

Okay wait why are they bringing him to the bathroom..? 

 

Jiyong could faintly hear Seunghyun saying something along the lines of "This is for your own good, Ji.." but he doesn't understand what is happening. What is good for him..?

 

"Are you sure he's not gonna kill us when he wakes up..?"

 

He could barely keep his eyes open anymore, Daesung's question floating in his semiconscious. Jiyong could feel fingers threading through his hair, massaging his scalp, it's wet and cold and odd-- okay what..?

 

"We won't be here by the time he's awakened from his sleep, duh."

 

Youngbae's voice was the last thing he registers before falling into unconsciousness.

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Come on, Jiyong..! You never join us swimming when we go to the beach!!"

 

The 12 years old boy could only smile, continuing on saying no to the friendly offers thrown at him. His energetic classmates were swimming around in the sea water, urging him to strip into his shorts and join them. He kept quiet when his classmates curiously questioned him about his attire.

Because who in the world wear long sleeves on a class trip to the beach..?

 

He was fumbling with the hem of his sweater, biting his lips unsurely when an arm s around his shoulders. It was Youngbae.

 

"Why aren't you swimming, Bae..?"

 

The shorter boy's nape tattoo was visible to the whole world as he stood near his friend in his shorts. 

 

"Not feeling like it. Let's go meet Seunghyun at the ice cream parlor..?"

 

Jiyong nodded, and extremely touched. He knew his friends were always thinking about him, and therefore he loved them very much.

 

Seunghyun greeted them both with ice cream cones in his hands. He shared a look with Youngbae as they watched Jiyong happily eating his vanilla flavoured ice cream. 

 

They'll never allow Jiyong to feel like he's being left out. Ever.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

It is already near to 11 in the morning by the time Jiyong finally wakes up. He moans in pain, hands automatically holding his head as if doing so could actually lessen the agony throbbing in his skull. He's hungover.

And terribly so. 

 

He glances to his bedside table to find a few painkillers, a glass of water and a note. Most probably from his friends since they are nowhere to be seen. Thankfully he has no class today, and he's working the late evening shift. Popping some of the pills down his throat, he gulps down the water in one go and picks up the note.

 

"May your pain lessen in ease. And sorry, but it's for your own good." His morning voice is as groggy as his mood right now, but that is the least of his concerns.

 

Jiyong furrows his eyebrows after reading the note out loud for another few times. Did something happen last night that he doesn't know of..?

 

Okay maybe not. His friends are idiots, they are probably just messing with him right now. His head still hurts as if a massive atomic bomb had been set off in his brains but he forces himself to get off his bed and drags his feet to take a shower. As soon as he opens the door to his bathroom his reflection in the mirror welcomes him and oh God.

 

Jiyong had never screamed that loud his whole life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Moronics Ensemble-

 

Chair is life : Am I the only one who's being blocked by Jiyong..?

 

Second Sun : No Hyung, he blocked me too.

 

Chair is life : HAH!

Chair is life : WHAT A MATYRE  THIBG TO DO KWON!!

Chair is life : WE ARE HELPING

Chair is life : TO QUICKEN UP

Chair if life : THE PROCESS

Chair is life : OF MEETING YORU SOULMATE!!

Chair is life : Or else

Chair is life : how will anyone think of calling you

Chair is life : BUBBLEGUM HAIR

 

Angel Dae : I bet he won't read any of our messages.. "-_-

 

Second Sun : By the way, it was Seunghyun's idea. :D

 

Chair is life : I see what you're doing there, Mr. Dong °∆°

 

Second Sun :    :)

 

Chair is life : Don't you :) me you traitro!!

 

Second Sun :    :(

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You never wore a beanie to work before, Hyung.. Bad hair day, huh..?"

 

There are very few customers at this time of the day, so Jooheon has stepped out of the counter to find something to do to kill time before realizing the new look on his Hyung. Jiyong stops sweeping the floor as he turns around and faces his supervisor. The guy's dimples are showing even when he isn't smiling. Jiyong can't resist the urge to poke them, so he does. The younger swats his hand away, surprised, and pouts afterwards. "Yah, Hyung!"

 

Jiyong sniggers, he loves it when the younger becomes flustered. If he had a dongsaeng, he'd want one who's cute like him. "Yes, Jooheon. What's worse is that it's gonna be a bad hair day for me every single day."

 

Yes, of course Jiyong could just buy a new black hair dye and re-dye his hair back to its original colour. However, he is in no state of finance where he is able to spend money on extra useless expenses. It would be such a waste on his budgets. After all, food is more important than his pride.

Maybe.

 

Or maybe not. Hence, the beanie.

 

"Let me guess, your friends pulled a prank on you which resulted in you having to live with pink hair..?"

 

Jiyong gapes as the younger grins teasingly. "What-- how did you--"

 

Jooheon makes a motion with his finger to ask Jiyong to turn around, so he could show where some pink strands are peeking out, but the older doesn't understand what he's trying to convey by that. So he touches his own nape, patting it a few times, "You're not covering the back part propertly, I can see some of the pink strands.."

 

Jiyong's hands automatically goes to his nape and pushes the hair that had managed to come out back inside the beanie. The broom he was holding fell onto the floor as he frantically deals with his hair. He probably needs a haircut. Or better yet, go hair-less.

Okay maybe not.

 

Jooheon chuckles as he watches his panicked Hyung's antics. "You're lucky Minhyuk isn't here today, or else he would have taken off that beanie and makes you go after him around the cafe."

 

Jiyong chuckles, he couldn't help but agree. Minhyuk is annoying like that, but he never really means any harm. It's just his personality. He sighs before picking up the broom and carries on with the task at hand. 

 

It's gonna be a few annoying months before his roots are going to show up and he is finally able to get rid of the pink part of his hair.

 

 

 

It takes about a few weeks before Jiyong finally unblocks his friends' numbers. They were indeed long weeks of relentlessly begging and apologizing and bribing with food until the three were finally allowed to enter his cheap apartment again.

 

"You know we did it out of love, right Ji..?"

"Shut up, Hyun"

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

The two boys in front of him were giggling like the innocent earthlings they were. Jiyong perked up from the book he was reading on Youngbae's bed, and faced his two best friends who were lying on the carpet on Youngbae's bedroom floor. 

 

"What's so funny..?"

 

Youngbae rolled on his stomach and pulled up Seunghyun's shirt to expose the oldest' tummy. 

 

'Sorry I stepped on your toes' were written diagonally just above the boy's navel. Jiyong laughed at the words as well, joined later by his friends as the two laughed again.

 

"Your soulmate might be running into you or something on your first meeting, Hyun..!"

 

"And they'll hurt your precious little toes!!'

 

They giggled again. 

 

Jiyong noticed the single and short line of words on Youngbae's nape, and pointed his finger towards it. "What's yours Bae-ah..?"

 

The said boy turned into a sitting position and turned around, pulling the back of his shirt downwards until his two friends could read the 'Yes yes it is' engraved on his skin.

 

"I can't think of any incident where someone would say something like that, but luckily yours aren't too common.."

 

Jiyong and Youngbae both paid their attention towards the oldest, silently asking 'what do you mean' through their questioning, curious eyes.

 

"One of my cousins had 'Hello' tattooed on her skin. If her soulmate's is as common as hers, they might not even notice they had found their other half.."

 

Jiyong pouted. That would be so sad, if that kind of thing happens. However, Youngbae was quick to shake his head in disagreement. The motion was too vigorous that the little boy almost fell backwards.

 

"Soulmates have this special bond, right..? Being too far from each other after a long time since they last meet is painful for both. My mom says that there's this certain pull that will connect them, so they'll find this certain need to be around each other most of the time..!"

 

Jiyong and Seunghyun blinked, dumbfounded.

 

"You've never sounded as smart as that.."

 

A few seconds passed before Youngbae was nodding, "I know, right..?" but then the shorter boy was looking straight at Jiyong, head tilting like a curious puppy, "So what's yours, Ji..?"

 

Jiyong gulped. He hesitated for awhile.

 

"Omma says not to show it to anyone until I've reached a suitable age, though.."

 

Seunghyun dragged his closer to the bed, insisting, "But we're your best friends..? We are an exception..!"

 

Youngbae agreed with the older, nodding enthusiastically. Jiyong guessed that they were right, so he pulled his sleeves up -- he always wear long sleeves for a reason -- and exposed his forearm to them.

 

'The you laughing at bubblegum hair

 

His two best friends were quiet for a few moments, until Youngbae decided to break the silence. "What is ..?"

 

Jiyong answered with a shrug, since his parents never told him what it is as well. The two then turned towards the oldest among the three.

 

"Hm.. I'm sure we'll know once we are big enough.. It couldn't be a bad word, right..?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong wakes up with a heavy yawn. The bright sunlight has lighted up his room that it hurts his eyes a bit when he opens them for the first time that morning. He glances to his alarm clock and his eyes go as wide as saucers.

He has approximately 20 minutes before his class starts.

 

Jiyong was never good with doing things while being in a rush. He'll either forget to do something or probably leave something important at home. In this case, he forgets to wear his beanie.

 

Jiyong still doesn't realize that important fact after he finishes locking his door, getting onto his motorcycle and starting the vehicle without thinking twice. His hair is still slightly wet since he didn't have the time to dry them properly, being in a hurry and all. He even forgot to bring his helmet, so his hair is being crazily blown by the wind as he rides as fast as lightning to his campus.

 

Jiyong watches with the corner of his eyes as he passes the coffee shop he frequents every morning to get his daily dose of caffeine. He wipes an inexistent tear jokingly, just to humor himself before realizing how most of the passers-by are watching him like he has pink hair or something.

Oh wait. He does. 

 

Luckily, he made it on time with extra three minutes that he could use to run to his lecture hall, and his hair is completely dry by the moment he stepped foot inside the campus ground.

 

Unfortunately, his hair looks so fluffy, and as he walks past a mirror at one of the corridors, he is straightaway reminded of a pink cotton candy. It isn't as fluffy as a poodles' fur or anything, but he looks like those boys from idol groups that girls went crazy over. 

 

Jiyong admits that he looks good, of course. However, he hates it when everyone's attention is suddenly on him. Like right now, as soon as he enters the class. Pairs of eyes are suddenly directed towards him, and he stops his fast pace at the entrance.

 

Jiyong isn't one of the cool kids, he and his group of friends are those who usually mind their own business, and people never seem to pay any mind towards them as well. However, he could hear whispers being passed around at that exact moment. Slowly, Jiyong takes in a deep breath. As he walks to his seat, meeting Youngbae's teasing small eyes, he prays that luck will be on his side.

 

 

 

As if.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong finds himself having a cup of soju in his hands with familiar loud banging music deafening his ears. He isn't going to make the same mistake like the last time he went clubbing with those traitors he had to admit as his best friends, so he is still at his first cup. 

Wouldn't want to wake up with green hair this time, right..?

 

He feels arms snaking around his shoulder and as soon as he turns to his right he is met with Minhyuk's thick soju breath. The kid's drunk beyond words, and he's become clingier than he is when he is sober. Jooheon is next to his soulmate, chatting with some guys Jiyong isn't really acquainted with. He's only close with Jooheon and Minhyuk because they are co-workers, he doesn't really hang out with them much.

 

At his other side is Youngbae -- on the verge of getting drunk, no doubt (since he's been pestering Hyorin for the past 10 minutes, flirting with her before asking if the girl was single and when Hyorin says no he was almost on the verge of tearing up). Jiyong shakes his head quickly, okay maybe the shorter's already drunk. Daesung and Seunghyun were most probably dancing on the dance floor, but he can't see them since there are too many wiggling bodies and limbs blocking his view.

Or they are probably making out at some secluded corner but no thanks Jiyong doesn't want to have that image in his head.

 

Jiyong swears he probably never talked with or even see the faces of 88% of the students who came to this party tonight, since they are all from different majors even though they all study in the same place. You can't really blame Jiyong for being an antisocial, seriously.

 

If he was given the choice, Jiyong would probably prefer to stay under his blanket and maybe rolling around on his bed, doing absolutely nothing. However, since it's Daesung's turn to choose their hangout place, he prioritize the other over himself, and agrees to a night of partying. After all, it's not every day they could step their humble foot inside Lee Seungri's mansion.

 

Yes, it is a party hosted by the one and only Lee Seungri. And even though Jiyong doesn't really like the guy despite never knowing him, he had to admit this party is dope. He never knew what the relation between Daesung and Seungri is -- okay did Youngbae tell him that the two were cousins or something..? 

 

Now if he thinks about it, Daesung once told them that his parents own a company or something..? Daesung is rich, Seungri is rich, and Jiyong is sure his second cup just turned into his third.

He better stop drinking now. 

 

The party is getting wilder as time passes and Jiyong suddenly had the urge to answer nature's call. He gently escapes from Minhyuk's limbs -- is he even conscious -- and makes his way through the dancing bodies to go to wherever the bathroom is.

 

After a few groping and flirtatious words being thrown at him -- when a guy has pink hair that doesn't mean you can call him pretty, okay..? -- Jiyong finally makes it to the stairs that leads to the rooms upstairs. What a wild journey. Too lazy to climb up, he looks around and realizes that there's a toilet near the kitchen.

That will do.

 

Done with that, he drops by the kitchen to drink some water. He's more sober than before, so when he opens the fridge out of curiosity, he can't help but be amazed by the quantity and quality of food and drink products in there. Okay maybe he isn't sober enough. He takes out a bottle of mineral water in his hands before closing the fridge door again.

 

"I could use some fresh air,"

 

He talks to no one, before spinning on his heels and walks to the door that leads to the lawn maybe..? Whatever.

 

He steps out of the house, stretching his limbs, before something managed to catch his eyes. Under one of the trees there, Jiyong could see Lee Seungri and Soohyuk's soulmate, Chaerin having a heated conversation. Against his better judgement, Jiyong walks towards them as subtle as he can be, and he holds the mineral bottle in his hand tightly as he acts as a professional eavesdropper.

 

 

"Seungri, I told you I'm not interested--"

"Oh please, Chaerin. A lady like you deserves better than what Soohyuk can give you."

 

 

Jerk. Jiyong muses in his mind. He knows he could smell the stupidity since he was still in the kitchen.

 

 

"Please, just leave me alone--"

"I can buy you anything you want. Anything. It shouldn't be too hard to please you anyway. You're still a girl like others out there. A flick of my fingers, and you'll get what you want."

 

 

Jiyong had predicted the slap that comes afterwards. Then Chaerin was cursing the conceited brat before storming back into the house in her heels, ignoring Jiyong's presence not too far from them. If only Jiyong could see the expression on Lee Seungri's face at that moment..

 

He chuckles aloud, and before he knows it Seungri finally realizes that he was there. Tipsy Jiyong is kinda braver than sober Jiyong perhaps, because when their eyes meet, he automatically scoffs before rolling his eyes in a way that tells Seungri that he was clearly humored by the incident that he just witnessed.

 

Seungri's face was red -- from the embarrassment..? The anger..? Who knows..? But what came out of his mouth next was unpredicted by Jiyong.

 

"The you laughing at, bubblegum hair??!"

 

Not really registering what Seungri just barked at him, Jiyong gasps, because the audacity of this man to act hostile towards him??!  

"Excuse me?!?"

 

Seungri pays him no mind as the guy bumps against his shoulder purposely and enters his house through the back door. Jiyong tsks, silently praying for the bastard to trip on his feet until his beautiful face meets the floor.

Wait. Did he just describe Lee Seungri's face as beautiful..?

 

Jiyong shakes his head, slightly. Okay, there's nothing wrong with that.. He had always acknowledged that Seungri really does have the looks. He is pondering on his messed up thoughts when he felt some kind of a weird flow on his forearm. It's like -- there's something itchy -- okay not itchy, but he's in no state to find the right word to describe the weird sensation on his skin there.

 

He pulls his sleeves up, not really expecting to see his soulmate tattoo to be halfway silver already. The black color is slowly being replaced by the new color, and Jiyong realises he might not be as sober as he thought he is. That's the only explanation of why he's being delusional right now. After all, this will only happen after he meets his soulmate, only after his soulmate utters the words--

 

"The you laughing at, bubblegum hair??!"

 

Jiyong's eyes widen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Moronics Ensemble-

 

Chair is life changed the group's name to "Anyone saw Jiyongieeee???"

 

Second Sun : w8 he's missing..?

 

Angel Dae : I thought he was sitting next to you earlier..? :O

 

Second Sun : the keyword here is WAS

Second Sun : I drank too much just now

Second Sun : Hyorin healed me

Second Sun : if u kno what i mean ;)

Second Sun : Im sobered up nOw

 

Chair is life changed "Second Sun"s name to "TMI GUY!!!"

 

TMI GUY!!! : hey!

 

Angel Dae : guys focus. We aren't going home without Ji

 

Chair if life : who knows if ji gonna get some tonight

Chair is life : our friend has been a for way too long

Chair is life : wait is he into guys or girls or both

 

Angel Dae changed their name to "The Only Sane One"

 

The Only Sane One : guys.  :|

 

Chair is life : Baby are you answering me or are you being unimpressed with our antics.

 

The Only Sane One :   :|

 

TMI GUY!!! : oh wow

TMI GUY!!! : it turns out ji texted me a few mins ago

TMI GUY!!! : boy said he went home alrd

 

Chair is life : awwwh

Chair is life : he seriously went home without usssss. :(

​​​​

The Only Sane One : at least we know he's safe :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, hyung.. This is Minhyuk.. I guess you're still sick.. It's been a week though.. I miss your annoyed face to be honest, no one rolls their eyes at me like you do!!! Don't worry, you're not getting fired because me and Jooheon love you.. Get well soon!!"

 

Jiyong smiles, although it is a weak stretching of his lips. He's been like this since that night -- yes, THAT night -- and it's hard for him to even get out of bed. Minhyuk left him voicemails everyday, because he reasoned out that he doesn't want Jiyong to waste his voice on him, so he'll just say what he wants to say to his favourite Hyung via the mailbox. Jiyong had never appreciated him as he does right now.

 

He scrolls down the group chat and wonders silently since when did the name had changed. His friends are worried about him despite the fact that he always replies their private messages. Jiyong set his phone aside after awhile, the radiation from the screen making him drowsy.

 

Sighing aloud, he moves to a sitting position before pulling his right sleeve up. Yup. It's still silver.

 

Which means that night was real. It was true. He truly had found his soulmate.

 

Jiyong wanted to applaud himself for having the best sense of timing since he had managed to find out the identity of his other half just about a week and a few days before the semester break. Which also means that this is the perfect time for him to return back to his hometown. Which ALSO means he is able to runaway from his soulmate.

Okay now why would he do that..?

 

Because his soulmate is Lee Seungri, duh. They belong to different social classes, the guy's rich, loaded, has the looks, thousands of fans, experienced in relationships, and many more that contradicts the person who Jiyong is.

 

After all, he despises the bastard. And for sure Seungri wouldn't want a soulmate like him too. Therefore after making some scientific calculations and conclusions it's clear that by running away, Jiyong's doing a favor for both of them. He could also decide to not continue his next semester, maybe helping his parents with their restaurant or whatever. So he doesn't have to return to Seoul.

 

Jiyong is sure that he'll find the solution to his future some other time. He had already packed his bag, his unattended classes long forgotten from his mind, and his friends are already informed of him leaving this evening. They haven't known yet that he might be leaving for good, but hey. He could tell them later.

 

What's left is informing Jooheon and Minhyuk. The two had been so nice and considerate with him, so it's only fair that he goes to meet them face to face before leaving for the long break. It's a total bummer that he might not be working with them anymore, though.

A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do, right..?

 

 

 

So that's how Jiyong finds himself being trapped in a bone-crushing hug in the lanky arms of Minhyuk. Jooheon was behind the latter, trying hard not to cry maybe -- judging by his sulky look and all. Jiyong gestures for him to join the hug, and it takes only a second before the embrace turns into a group hug. A tight one.

 

"Make you sure you don't forget us, Hyung!! Or else I'll haunt you once I'm dead!!"

 

Jooheon smacked his soulmate's head, eliciting a pained 'Ow!!' from Minhyuk. Jiyong chuckles heartily, if anything, he's definitely gonna miss the two monkeys's interactions.

 

"I'll come visit whenever I'm free, and if I plan to stay there for a long time I'll definitely meet you guys before proceeding with it.."

 

Farewells. One of the things that Jiyong is never good at. He hugs them both one last time before wiping away the glistening tears in his eyes. "Take care, you two.."

 

"Make sure you miss us every single day and night!!"

"Min, stop being silly!!"

 

Jiyong laughs, although it's a little sad, "Of course.. I'll definitely miss you guys--"

 

 

"Is Kwon Jiyong here?!"

 

All three of them turned their heads towards the sudden commotion. It was a guy, dressed in a thick coat as if it's already winter. He's wearing a muffler that covers half of his face, with the exception of his eyes that are roaming around the cafe until they stop on Jiyong.

 

He pulls his muffler downwards, and as soon as his face was revealed Jiyong finds himself widening his eyes. 

 

"Found you." Seungri says, eyes fixed onto Jiyong's shaky orbs.

 

Jiyong was sending emergency signals to his feet, telling them to RUN RUN RUN but it was if they had minds of their own, refusing to obey him. He watches with dread as Lee Seungri walks quickly towards him with a determined expression plastered on his face.

 

"Where is it??"

 

As expected from a man with no manners, as soon as Seungri approaches him the bastard straightaway grabs the hem of his shirt and pulling it up, even attempting to turn Jiyong around so he could see his back.

 

"Yah!!" Jiyong smacks Seungri's hands away, recovering his exposed stomach quickly, "What's with the sudden ual harassment??!"

 

"Don't play dumb with me, Kwon." Jiyong shuts his eyes close when Seungri raises his fist to his face, however the awaited punch never came.

 

"Huh..?" He peeks an eye open, and what greets him is Seungri's left hand right in front of his face, and when he focuses on the wrist, precisely the area between the thumb and the wrist -- there it is.

 

A single line of Excuse me, in silver.

 

"It's you, right??"

 

Jiyong braces himself to look straight into the bastard's eyes, and somehow he finds himself melting under his intense but hopeful gaze. Seungri appears to be less menacing than the moment he first arrived, desperate even, and Jiyong couldn't explain what had driven him to slowly drag his right sleeve up to his elbow, until his own tattoo is visible to the other. 

 

Seungri reads it, then a smile suddenly makes it way to his face. Jiyong feels weird, he never saw such an innocent expression on the jerk's face before. However, he didn't expect for a small amused laughter to escape from the rich brat's mouth.

 

Jiyong shoots him an 'Are you kidding me' look. "Yah!! They came out from your stupid mouth! You don't know how hard it is to live with these..!"

 

Jiyong rolls his eyes, realising how quiet his friends were being as his eyes fall on them. Minhyuk and Jooheon were absolutely silent in the background, with only Minhyuk's gasps being heard once in awhile. "So you guys are soulmates???!" 

Count on Minhyuk to get excited.

 

Jiyong sighs before returning his gaze on Seungri. However it all becomes too fast for his little brain to register after that. Who knows what was going on in the rich boy's head when he suddenly cups Jiyong's face in his hands. 

 

The thing that Jiyong is very sure of is that it was Minhyuk who was squealing like a pelican when Seungri pulls their faces closer to each other and kisses Jiyong hard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I never pegged you for the clingy type,"

"So you're like, still mad at me..?"

"I don't know, why would I be..?"

"I know right?? It's not like kissing you is a wrong thing to do--"

"Okay I can't believe this- That was my first kiss, you--!!"

"So? Isn't it great that I'm the one who stole it..?"

"I-- Oh please, you're so full of yourself."

"I have many reasons to be, girls would die to be in my arms and you know that,"

"And yet you're the one in mine right now, huh..?"

"I.. okay you win. But people are also dying to have ME in their arms..!"

"I.. didn't expect that. Look, the only reason I'm tolerating this kind of skinship and invasion of space is because you're having a terrible cold fever because of this stupid bond."

"Which is why I kissed you--"

"Yes, to get better faster. Yes, I was going to go to that part. You're lucky it actually worked, I'm feeling less weak than I've been the whole week."

"I guess there's no going back now. Look, we both have no say in this--"

"Yes, yes. I know Seungri. I know."

 

 

It is still absolutely surreal to Jiyong -- him having a banter with the most popular guy in campus in the said guy's car (for God's sake he has a driver!) on their way to Jiyong's house because they need to talk about this whole soulmate thingy. He is comfortably seated in the back with one of his arm draped across Lee Seungri's shoulder. The younger is snugly hugging him, both of his hands around Jiyong's torso with no space between them.

 

"This feels nice, by the way."

 

Jiyong was staring ahead into nothingness as he envisions his upcoming future when he hears the timid voice. Seungri is being shy and Jiyong doesn't know what to think of that. After the younger utters the words, he wriggles a bit to make himself more comfortable, leaning more of his weight on Jiyong.

 

"Umm.. Okay..?"

 

Jiyong forces himself to fix his eyes on the scenery outside the window. He feels weird, but it's not a negative kind of weird. Three blocks later, they finally arrive at his apartment. Seungri seems reluctant to let go of him, only doing so begrudgingly when Jiyong literally tears the younger's hold off him, pushing his head with his palm away from him so he could open the door and get out.

 

It takes Seungri a few seconds to also do the same and stand at Jiyong's side. Jiyong notices that the younger is trying to be as close to him as possible albeit subtly, but he chooses to ignore it. "So you live here..? The rent is very cheap, right..?"

 

Here it comes.. 

 

"Yes, to you maybe, I still had to work my bones off to pay it every month,"

 

Jiyong doesn't face him, but from the corner of his eyes he can see Seungri biting his lower lips, perhaps realizing how his statement might have crossed the line.

 

"I'm.. sorry."

 

Only then does Jiyong turn his head towards his soulmate -- it is extremely weird to call him that -- and the younger is staring at his feet, lips pursed with the expression of a kicked puppy. Jiyong could guess that this is one of the expressions the younger would use to melt and persuade his parents to buy him things or to escape from punishments.

 

"It's okay. I know you're used to being like that. Let's go, shall we..?"

 

Jiyong is about to start walking when Seungri stops him with a small hold on his left sleeve. 

 

"I.. but I should try to change into a better person since we're stuck with each other from now on, right..?"

 

Jiyong raises one of his eyebrows, quite touched but of course he won't admit that. "Oh.. Right." He could feel his cheeks flaring up and probably by now they are as pink as that particular socks of Seunghyun's which he had hid from the older as a prank. It's not helping any bit that Seungri is still holding his sleeve.

 

"Um.. Can I hold your arm..?"

 

Jiyong did not expect that. For the past one hour (no it hasn't really been an hour) Lee Seungri had been acting like the total opposite from how he usually is among his friends (or maybe it has been an hour). The boy who's being needy for constant skinship is clearly not the one Jiyong has gotten know of through the gossips that Minyuk always supplies him with.

 

"Are you really Lee Seungri..?"

 

The question is blurted out by accident, and Jiyong almost coo when Seungri blink in confusion before tilting his head, asking him back, "What do you mean by that..?"

 

Jiyong sighs, a bit shaky but he makes sure to hide that. Can't the butterflies in his stomach get some rest or something..? Yes, it's not wrong to get flustered by HIS soulmate, but it's disturbing. He replies with a small "Nothing," and offers his arm to the younger. "Go on,"

 

Seungri smiles, a shy stretching of his pretty lips before hugging Jiyong's arm, keeping their bodies close. That is how they look like as they get on the elevator and finally into Jiyong's unit. Jiyong also succeeds in keeping the colour of his cheeks all the way to his house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's with the luggage..? You're leaving..?"

 

Jiyong was in the process of preparing some drinks for both of them when Seungri notices the luggage. He compliments himself mentally for not freaking out and is able to keep on being calm as he replies, "It's the semester break in a few days, duh..?"

 

Somehow Jiyong doesn't want the other to know that he was planning on running away from him. He figured out that the younger would get hurt if he knows, and Jiyong doesn't want that. Imagining Seungri hurting is equivalent to hurting himself, and even though it might be because of their soulmate bond thing, Jiyong had to admit that it isn't the only reason. Okay, maybe he despised the younger before, but that doesn't mean he can't have a small crush on him, right..?

Wait what.

 

Meanwhile, Seungri's mouth forms an 'o' as he nods slowly to himself. Then, as if a light bulb just appears out of the top of his head, his eyes shine in a way that reminds Jiyong of the stars in the night sky back in those days where he and Youngbae and Seunghyun would camp at his backyard.

 

"Can I go with you..?"

 

Jiyong stares at him in silence. He isn't sure if the younger is kidding or messing with him. He is still contemplating with his wild circling thoughts when he feels a hand slowly coming into contact with his that were on the counter. He looks up to face Seungri -- wow when did he get here so fast -- and then back to the younger's hand that was placed on his. It was new -- this feeling, it's new.. but it's calming nevertheless.

 

"Jiyong..?"

 

The said guy jumps on his seat slightly, before meeting Seungri's eyes again. "Y-yes..?"

 

"I know we've never associate with each other before, and I know everyone sees me as that rich brat who acts like an and always gets whatever he wants. It's overwhelming at first, but soon I started to live up to my reputation and ended up turning into a real jerk.."

 

Jiyong couldn't find any word in him to comfort Seungri. There was nothing to deny after all.. 

 

"I guess I behave well when I'm at home -- well in the sense of not being a conceited douchebag, but I tend to be a bit childish and needy.. I guess I can't help it since I'm an only child, and boy I was spoilt as ."

 

Jiyong makes a face at the bad word, and Seungri innocently covers his mouth with his other free hand -- the one that isn't holding Jiyong's on the counter and caressing it fondly.

 

"I.. Sorry, I'll try to refrain myself from using bad words.."

 

Jiyong smiles at that, but immediately gets flustered when he realises the look Seungri is giving him. "What..?"

 

The younger shrugs, "That's the first genuine smile you showed me today,"

 

That doesn't help at all to stop the intensifying blush on Jiyong's skin. Why is he so smooth anyway--

 

"And l'll make you smile like that more often, and the reason behind those smiles will only be me."

 

Jiyong can't take it anymore, "Stop," The younger is taken aback, blinking at him. "You're.. way out of my league. You have everything while I have nothing, people worship the ground you walk on while I had to cut off extra expenses to make sure I have enough money to buy food, you look like THIS and I literally look like a dustbin next to you. I won't benefit you at all, so while we are still not in love with each other I say we try keeping some distance between us, to get used to not being in other's presence. It's unheard of, soulmates who chose not to be with each other, but who knows it could work-"

 

"Wow." 

 

Jiyong stops talking, he feels as if his heart is being twisted painfully in his chest as he watches Seungri slowly letting go of his hand. The comfortable warmth is taken away, and his hand never felt as cold and lonely as now.

 

"You really hate me that much, huh.."

 

Jiyong watches with conflicted eyes and a throbbing heart as Seungri slowly gets off the chair. The younger sighs, his eyes visibly sadder than ever, before he tucks both his hands inside the pockets of his coat.

 

"Whatever makes you happy, Jiyong.. but for the records,"

 

Their eyes meet, and Jiyong literally feels like stabbing himself to death at the dejected look in the younger's orbs. What have he done.. this.. this isn't right, is it..?

 

"You're the one who's still not in love with me,"

 

Seungri turns around, walking away from Jiyong who's still trying to process the younger's words. His eyes widen in realisation, as he quickly pulls up his sleeve and looks for the confirmation he needs. His tattoo, the words, they turned silver a week ago--

But now they're in gold.

 

That is all it takes for him to scramble off from the kitchen to his living room, and as soon as he sees Seungri's back, he breaks into a smile. How could he have been so stupid?? 

 

"Lee Seungri..!"

 

The younger is standing there, not really doing anything that indicates if he really had wanted to leave or whatever. He immediately perks up at the calling of his name and turns around not too slowly. 

 

Jiyong wastes no time to get rid of the distance between them and jumps into the younger's arms. Seungri may or may not have expected this, because he seems ready to catch his soulmate in a firm, loving embrace. Jiyong hides his face in the crook of the younger's neck, suddenly feeling quite shy to tell the younger that he might want to give this -- them, a chance.

 

But Seungri knows, somehow the younger could read him like an open book despite never really being acquainted with each other before. The bond doesn't exist for nothing, that could be the only reason. Or maybe the current situation is as obvious as their feelings for each other.

 

Jiyong snuggles his face further into the younger's neck, breathing in the younger's nice scent as his own skin turns a darker shade of red. Seungri bites his lips to prevent himself from grinning too hard. His past lovers had never been able to make him feel as giddy as he is now. He brings up his left hand to run his fingers through the older's fluffy pink hair and mentally gushes. It is as soft as it looks. He notices the change on his tattoo then, how it's slowly turning to gold.

Now that was fast.

 

"So.. did you too have a crush on me before, Yongie..?"

 

"I never said yes to stupid nicknames," Jiyong's voice is muffled by Seungri's skin, the younger almost giggled at the tingles that it caused. Suddenly, Jiyong detaches his face from his new most-favorite-place-to-snuggle-his-face-into.

 

"Wait, what do you mean by 'too'..?"

 

Jiyong realizes this too late, the fact that their faces would be too near with each other, and when he does realize, Seungri adjusts his hold around Jiyong's waist to prevent him from moving further. "Y-yah..!"

 

"Even back then when you had black hair, I always find myself too easy to get distracted by you. Name it -- at our campus, at the cafe, one of those rare times I saw you going out with your friends.. I was never attracted to guys before, hell, I was 100% straight. So I thought it was just because you're handsome or something."

 

Seungri pauses so he could peck on Jiyong's nose, "I'm glad my soulmate is as good looking as you are. I'm thankful that it's you, Yongie.."

 

Jiyong blinks at him with his cute doe eyes, and Seungri could see the way the pretty orbs are becoming a bit glassy. 

 

"I.." 

 

Jiyong starts, and Seungri is ready to have his ego by his soulmate's speech for him. 

 

"..forget it. I'm bad with words."

 

Seungri is about to protest when Jiyong without warning whatsoever kisses him with his eyes shut close. He had never done this before, and it was evident in the way he kind of awkwardly moves his lips against Seungri's already wet ones.

 

Seungri smiles into the kiss, letting Jiyong have his ways for awhile because the pink haired guy is just too cute for him. Jiyong was close to getting the gist of it when Seungri decides that he wants more of his soulmate and takes full control.

 

The change in the mood of the kiss was obvious since Seungri is already an expert. The younger's irresistible skillful lips are making Jiyong's toes curl in bliss, the pleasure from the kiss shooting sensations along his veins all over his body. He circles his hands around the younger's neck and threads his fingers through his hair, pulling slightly.

 

Who knows how long they continued on kissing and by the time they stop, both were already out of breath. They are currently slouching on the couch, side by side, with no distance from each other. And this time, Jiyong is the one clinging onto his soulmate because "I'm sure it's my turn at this point,"..

 

"I think I love you too,"

"I know, unless you always go kissing people you don't love, then I'll have the rights to worry--"

"Okay I changed my mind this relationship is over,"

"Alright, Yongie wait don't go I'm sorry baby,"

"Ew. I say no to pet names either,"

"You'll have to get used to it, bubblegum."

"Remind me why we're soulmates again..?"

"Because our tattoos matched, duh..?"

 

Jiyong is THIS close to getting off the couch again when Seungri grabs his hand and pulls him back towards him.

 

"I promise to love you, always."

"....... I guess I'll promise the same thing since we have the bond and all,"

"Now who's being a jerk, Yongie?!"

"I learned from the best, Riri,"

"Why, you- wait, did you just call me-"

"I promise to love you, too.. Riri.."

 

 

 

Needless to say, Jiyong's parents absolutely approve and adore the guy who Jiyong had brought back to his hometown even before their son tells them that Seungri is his soulmate.