Bad Decision

Prologue

The dinner is perfect. Jisoo’s parents are perfect. Jisoo is perfect. And he’s digging his own grave while he’s doing this charade.

 

Kim’s household is unlike any other chaebol’s household, it’s rich with its own taste. A better one. They live a little far from the city center, in the suburb area of Bucheon, almost near the airport. Despite insisting Jisoo to not tell him her address, he ended up knowing all the four junctions and corners to her house. It wasn’t hard to remember after all.

 

The house is not as big as Jinyoung’s parent’s house in the city. It’s a one storey landed house, with a korean style garden around it. The tall bushes nicely hide the property, but then again, Jinyoung believes they just don’t like the ugly fences. The concept is a modern style architecture, flat roof and giant windows, with white and concrete color dominating the mood. It won’t be that shocking if the property built in the past ten years, but no, it was built in the early 1990s and no renovation has been done.

 

Jisoo’s house isn’t the only shocking thing about that night, in which the reason why Jinyoung had to remind himself over and over again that everything is a fraud. Jisoo was beyond nice the whole evening. She gave him a tour of the house with her mother, explained photos and art pieces, even showed him some of her trophies.

 

She smiled-rarely happens to him-and it felt sweet. They chatted in the big living room facing the garden, waiting for her dad. It was lovely, which made it bad.

 

But the dinner was worse. Her mother and father, not much from what he remembered, still looked pleasant and beautiful. Jisoo inherits most from his father and it wasn’t bad at all. Her round eyes, the nice jaw, and long neck. They showed Jinyoung the joy of having a family, a complete functional family.

 

Jinyoung have had dinner with a lot of chaebol families, not much he wants to remember. It’s either a complete fake buddy-buddy relationship, or just one silent dinner with touches of sarcasm here and there.

 

The Kim isn’t that.

 

Kim Myung Soo, his father is quite popular among bank’s CEOs. He is very popular for his good looking face and most importantly, for boasting a 1 Triliun KRW’s equity capital in 2003, when the rest of the Bank in South Korea can’t even reach a 100 Billion KRW worth. Jinyoung would assumed the man as scary and stuck up.

 

Well, he was all wrong. 

 

Myung Soo samchoon led the semi formal dinner with lots of amusing stories. He slipped in jokes and trivia in between, but he never crossed any line. In Ha imo, Jisoo’s mother, was as impressive. She looked like most rich wives should look, except she looks very very beautiful. She wore a simple cotton dress, most probably from Muji, without make up-if Jinyoung’s eyes was right, and laughed nicely. 

 

Imo and Samchoon bantered a lot at the dinner table. Including Jisoo.

 

The last lunch between Jinyoung and Jisoo somewhat became an okay kind of lunch. Jisoo spoke moderately, only if her opinion is needed, only if she was asked. Jinyoung actually expected a better atmosphere from her last visit at his office, his gloomy office wasn’t a big help. It was going well, until he told her he knew nothing about her. With a glance, she turned cold, her face was folded, and not a single smile was painted on her soft pink face until the end of the day.

 

Jinyoung believed the lunch was a perfect idea, hence the best. The cafe is cozy, the sun was bright, cheerful atmosphere all around, and delicious food to complete the agenda. He picked his most comfortable clothes and shoes, and for once undone his hair, it’s a casual meeting anyway.

 

And to his surprise, Jisoo turned up even better than what he imagined. Her flowy knee length dress complimented her pinkish cheek. Her hair was also undone like him, but much, much more inviting. Especially for the men in the side table. Blame him for being blind all this time, but she’s mesmerizing. And that bothered him.

 

Why? Because he realized he really doesn’t know her.

 

She’s a successful CEO. Meidue, her company, is very popular among women in their 20s to 40s. She was featured in W Korea, Vogue Korea, and Elle Korea in the first quarter of this year, it was in google if you type her name. She wasn’t known as a chaebol in those articles, a dream Jinyoung would swear to be in. 

 

In a way, Jinyoung always imagined her as a serious woman. Her demeanor brings out a very professional statement. Thin makeup and stylish clothes, quite a distant image from Jinyoung’s everyday women, not that he spends time with lots of them. Jinyoung trusted his judgement for choosing her only because he knows she can think rationally, which is true. Though, he finds it disturbing now.

 

And the dinner confirmed it. 

 

That night, Jisoo wore a casual dress, again, in a different style and color. She wore a short red dress with a Burberry coat (he knows that signature checkered pattern) and her hair was in a ponytail, showing her bare neck very well. She was too much that night.

 

If that wasn’t enough, her personality shocked him even more. Jinyoung really doesn’t know her, but he doesn’t expect her to be completely different from what she has been in those past meetings. That evening, Jinyoung noticed one cheerful Jisoo, that jokes so bad with her dad. One heiress that wasn’t afraid to serve Jinyoung a cup of tea. A famous fashion designer that spoke her opinion about politics and economy like an expert. She was beautiful, way more beautiful than every other time Jinyoung met her.

 

He wasn’t aware of it before, but he was sure that night that Jisoo hardly uses make up. He was right beside her that evening and her pores were evident. And she smelled like honey and tea. And crayons?

 

Maybe, Jinyoung saw a real Kim Jisoo that evening. She wasn’t cold, her laughter was bright and genuine. She was calm, smart and fun. She talked clearly and treated her father like an equal professional. She kissed her mom as she sees her.

 

For once, Jinyoung hates his judgement.

 

If not for his dead father, Jinyoung would cancel the contract and leave. She is the perfect candidate, the perfect wife.

 

The evening ended with a hug from her father and a kiss from her mother. Her ponytail has gone, a better view for Jinyoung to look.

 

She is indeed, earned the right to be the number one most wanted bachelorette just like what Wonpil said. And Jinyoung despises his decision for ruining it.

 

 


(It’s a double update guys, wait a bit)