Her Bestfriend

THE REBEL

EUNHA POV

"is it fine that we left yerin alone there? i think it will rain " i ask unnie that is driving beside me .

we are heading home ,since sowon unnie's mother called her and ask to go home but i am worried because we left yerin at the soccer field alone.

we tell her to go home but she refuse and said that she still wants to stay there.

"it's fine. if she said that she dont want to go home then theres nothing we can do ' we both know how hard headed she is " she said non-challant.

yeah unnie is right. Yerin is hard headed. if she said no, then theres nothing that can change her mind. 

"she's sad again " she utter suddenly

i look at her but she's focusing on the road "she's always sad ' nothing new " i said

"no.. there is something that is bothering her " 

"what do you mean ?" i ask her completely confuse .

"she can't focus. You know how good she is when it comes to soccer ' i can't even win against her, i NEVER win against her. But tonight i won" 

now i get her point. yerin is really good at soccer , it's her favorite sports and sowon never win against her no matter how hard she tried. But tonight, sojung wins against yerin. Why did i forget that it's impossible to happen ??

"She can't focus at the game. She kept on spacing out. Theres a few times that she stumbled, that is rarely happens before" she said and i can see that she's worried

Yerin is sojung's bestfriend. I met yerin through sojung a year before yerin became a comepletely different person. sojung and i witnessed how she change from being a sweetheart to a rebel. I also saw how sojung did everiything to help her bestfriend , She suffered too. It,s really a tough time for both of them but sojung never give up untill now , she's still hoping. 

sojung did everything to learn how to play soccer and other sports since she discovered that yerin is playing soccer alone whenver she's sad or she feels lonely.She believe that through soccer , she can make yerin feel less lonely- till it became their routin to play soccer thrice a week .  Yerin put some distance but sojung never give up to gravitates towards her.

yerin looks emotionless but sojung can read her easily .

"i dont get it , is she sad or just troubled?"

"she's sad for a different reason  but she doesnt know why . Shes's trying to figure it out why she's feeling that way but she dont have any idea ,that's why she's troubled." she said like she is really sure about it.

"how can you say that ?are you a mind reader now ?" i ask her and she giggles

"no silly. Her eyes and facial expression tells me and i ask her also" my eyes widens 

"omo you ask her ? what did she say ?"

"well ' i first ask her if she's sad again since i can see it in her eyes , i expected her to say no since because that is always her answer whenever i ask her the same question but instead of NO , i heard a different answer tonight" she explained

"what is her answer?"

"she answer me with I DONT KNOW , and she suddenly look straight in my eyes so i can see that she's telling the truth"

yerin will look straight in your eyes if she wants you to feel how she feels or if she's allowing you to read her soul 

She knew that she's a transparent person. That's why after that tragedy she avoids looking straight into someone's eyes because she's afraid  that they can see what she's feeling inside .

i look outside the window and notice that it's raining already .

" i hope she's fine" i mumble

"ofcourse ' im sure she's already inside her car right now. You know how she hates to get wet by the rain" she said surely

i nodded 

i was about to take a nap but i suddenly remember something

"oh yuju called me yesterday " i said , 

sojung take a glance at me.

"yuju ?. choi yuna ?" she ask unsure and i nod because i know she can still see me in her pheriperal vision

"what did she say ?" 

"um she just ask me how's yerin unnie" i said looking down

yuna is one of our friends before but She's in the U.S Right now.

"i said yerin unnie is still the same- cold and rebel, then i ask her when will she come back and she said soon " 

"did you tell this to yerin ?" she ask 

"not yet , i forgot to tell her" 

"then dont mention it to her . let yuna tell it herself. i dont want to give yerin a false hope " she said focusing on the road

i take my time to stare at her face again, i always do this anyway.

she's a definition of perfection 

she's beautiful , smart ,and also an independent person.

as time goes by i develop feelings for her though untill now, i'm still trying my best to accept that she will never look at me the way i look at her 

ang i know i dont deserve her because she's too perfect for me .

i tried to avoid her before, believing that this unwanted feelings will be gone if i start avoiding her but after a few days i gave up .

i cant stay away from her. I gave up the day when she cornered me at the locker room while she's crying and begging me to tell her  the reason why i'm avoiding her , i can't stand seeing her cry infront of me so i gave up my will to forget her .

how can i forget her if all i want is to be with her ?

how ?

 

 

Yerin looks tough but she's still sowon's baby.

she have to be thankful that she have a real bestfriend,

but i'm sure she already is.

Sowon is forgetting herself for the promise to protect the rebel

so i promised to myself that i will protect

THE REBEL'S  BESTFRIEND