Sequel

'Tis But A Flesh Wound

Yeah, I made a sequel, but heads up it's severally unedited. I'll try to edit it soon. (Edit: Big kudos to my friend who beta-ed my inability to word good)
Artist rec (not pertaining to the story what so ever) DJ Okawari.


A few weeks after the initial meeting. The two have been inseparable. They meet before work, after work, hell even during work. It’s been all push and pull. Until...

“Meet me when your shop closes, we’re going to my house to watch Monty Python.” Irene just turns on her heel as soon as she finishes, not giving Wendy the chance to intervene. The younger looks at the elder with surprise as she walks to her own respective shop.

Wendy places her tools in their respective places. Her unfinished pieces are spread across the painted and generally ed up bench. The ones ready for painting are separated to their own little corner. Dozens of small trinkets and sketches surround to the worker.

She looks down at the last one she made. An arm sized flower. Specifically, a single lavender floret. (Which just so happens to be the best selling flower at Irene’s shop.)

The woodworker glances at the clock on the against the wall. 4:16 pm. Mmhm, I have two hours.

Wooden flower in one hand, Wendy grabs all the supplies and paints in the other, miraculously balancing everything with ease. Settling in her seat, she places the gift on top of her painting table.

Putting on her glasses so she's not blind as , Wendy paints on mixtures of purple and white on the item. The highlights are, of course, on fleek. She places it down on the desk. Pulling away, the girl inspects her flower, satisfied with her creation. She cracks her neck before standing up to find something to wrap the gift in.

Walking outside her workshop and into a storage room filled to the brim with items, she looks for any sort of wrapping paper.

White or blue, white or blue … She glares at the sheets of paper, pouting.  my indecisiveness.  Wendy grabs both of the newsprint-like materials and makes her way back into her hobbit hole.

Carefully and cleanly rolling the flower up, she puts a bow on it.

Muttering to herself, “There, all done.”

A phone rings throughout the room. Surprised, Wendy almost drops the gift like an idiot. “   WHAT THE !”

Reaching for her phone in her back pocket, she finds an alarm going off with YO FUCJER GET RAADY FO YOR DAYTE label attached to it.

 

Huh. She forgot she had set an alarm 10 minutes before closing time. And that’s when she realizes,

Oh god, I have 10 minutes.

After placing the gift gently in a safe area amongst her mess, she rushes to rip the apron off her and change out of her work clothes in her personal locker room. She promptly stumbles over her feet as she speed walks. Give or take, after 6 minutes of crashes, cursing, and loud noises, Wendy comes out victorious from a battle against time. Straightening her clothes once more, she grabs the object off her desk and starts to lock up the place.

She stands in front of her shop and stretches her ever so sore back.

 

“I can massage that you know.”


 

“AHHHH!”

Holding up the blue and white roll of paper like a bat, Wendy turns to the voice with a surprised expression.

Queue the internal fight.

Oh Irene, she’s looking very cute!

Well duh.

Shut up.

Attempting to be casual (and failing miserably) “Hey Irene whatcha doin’? What’s hanging.”

Laughing at her awkward and cute bumbling friend, “Just waiting for you silly.” Wendy gets nose booped and proceeds to become cross-eyed by staring at the spot she got booped. Noticing the roll in her friend’s hand, Irene motions, “What’s the paper for?”

Remembering the object in her hand, Wendy raises it in front of her using her left hand. “Oh, this? Umm, right. Here. For, um, you…” Consumed by graceful(less)ness, she almost yeets the gift at the elder. Thankfully, she hands over the gift with no injury or mishap occurring (though, the hand she hands it with used to be home to an injury).

A smile spreads across Irene’s face. “For me? Thank you Wendy-ah.” If Wendy didn't feel hot before, she is certainly feeling it now. With careful ease, Irene unwraps the wooden gift. As the object comes into view, Irene gives a soft gasp at the sight. The younger holds in her breath, scared of the opinion to come.

Smiling at the object, Irene settles her sight back on the gift giver who is currently rubbing her neck awkwardly.

She takes the opportunity. Irene leans in closely, to the point that they’re face to face and can feel each other’s breaths. Their eyes flicker down to each other’s lips. When the eyes meet again, the intensity and feelings in the gazes encompass them in a spell. Leaning even closer, lips almost touching, Wendy closes her eyes.

 

And then…

 

Irene moves past her lips and grazes a chaste kiss on the younger’s cheek. Moving closer, Irene wraps her arms around Wendy’s body, specifically her waist, effectively giving her the biggest and warmest hug despite the nonexistent height difference.

Head next to the younger's ear, “It’s late, we should get food. Shall we?”

Eyes opened, Wendy can honestly not think after what just occurred. Smiling like nothing just happened, Irene pulls away and starts to walk with an arm extended. She turns her head knowingly. Though slow and dense on most occasions, Wendy caught on quickly and reached out to entangle her hand with the elder. Hand in hand, the two make their way to the elder’s house to watch Monty Python.

 

*~*


 

“Welcome to my abode. Just ignore the mess, my roommate doesn’t like to clean after herself.”

Bending down to remove her shoes, Wendy looks around the house. Simple walls with a few pictures adorning the room.

Ignoring the sweatshirt 3 sizes bigger than Irene (assuming that it’s probably her roommate), Wendy notes, “No it’s not too bad. If this is messy you should see my workspace.”

A smirk, “You mean your hobbit hole.”

“Bu- I- no, wai-”

A laugh rings through the living room, “I’m just joking with you. Settle down, I’ll start the movie soon, let me prepare some snacks to eat during the movie.” Irene moves swiftly through her home, grabbing the sweatshirt before entering a door that seems to the kitchen.

Wendy grazes her hand across the top of the couch. Mmm velvet… She settles on the furniture, hands in her lap, unsure of what to do next.

Scanning the room, she notices a picture frame with 3 people in total. But like the fool she is, she forgot her glasses at work. She squints her eyes, trying to will perfect sight in existence. Semi-frustrated and too lazy to stand up to inspect the photo, Wendy just spends some time scrolling through her phone. Thankfully, it only took Irene a few minutes to get drinks and snacks ready for the movie.

“You seriously haven’t watched Monty Python right?”

“Yeah.” It’s not like she watched the entirety of the movie like thrice after Irene first mentioned it. No, of course not!!!!!!

Sitting down next to the younger, Irene uses the remote to navigate through Netflix and find her desired film. Once she finds Monty Python, she places the remote on the coffee table before leaning back. Into Wendy.

Immediately, Wendy stiffens, which causes Irene to snuggle close into her body. Her back hasn’t been this straight since she’s quit concert band back in high school.

 

“Relax Wendy-ah, relax.”

 

Taking a deep breath, Wendy tries to let loose of the nerves inside of her. Slouching in her seat, she timidly removes the arm between them. With that arm, she does the yawn and lean,  and places it around the elder. Wendy swore she heard a chuckle come from the elder.

The opening music begins to play as well as the sound of fake horse clops.

The King Arthur on the screen spoke, “Whoa there!”

Despite the jokes being said on screen, all Wendy could focus on was the fact the holy , she’s in her crush’s house, watching a great yet ty Netflix show. What’s next, her roommate comes in screaming.  

She spoke too soon.

The door busts wide open, with a big SLAM!

 

“WHAT'S UP LOVEBIRDS, IM HOME!!!”


 

A voice vibrates through the house causing Wendy to jump in surprise, arm immediately flying off.

Sighing at the lack of contact, Irene reaches for the remote and pauses the movie. “Welcome back Sooyoung. There’s dinner in the fridge if you’re hungry.”

“I'm famished! Oh and Seulgi is with me.”

Wait…I know a Sooyoung…Seulgi is her girlfriend's name…that voice is familiar…

In slow motion, Wendy turns and dumbfounded puts a finger to point at the figure entering the room. Shifting her head back and forth between the girl next to her and the tall being at the doorway.

“YOU GUYS ARE ROOMMATES?!”

Just smug as all hell, Joy just quotes a vine, “And they were roommates.”

Head in her hands, just thinking about this revelation. “Oh my god, they were roommates.”

Just laughing and patting her head as she passed, Joy walks with Seulgi to the kitchen.

Seulgi being the soft baby she is, “Hi everyone, nice to see you guys again.”

Still astounded (but not impolite) Wendy speaks, “Good to see you too.”

Joy renters the room, some snack in hand, “We’ll eat dinner later. Enjoy your movie date~”

Incapable of speech for the nth time today, Wendy just looks at the two retreating figures.

“Let’s continue the movie, Wendy-ah”

Nodding, Wendy reaches to unpause the movie before settling back into the couch with Irene.

Distracted, Wendy thinks about Sooyoung being roommates with Irene. And overthinks everything in every possible way.

Oh my god. She totally told Irene I liked her. Wait, I didn’t even know her name before! What if she thinks I only liked her because of her looks? Oh no. But what if she’s only doing this because of Sooyoung’s meddling and it’s just a bet? Wait, what if-

In her peripheral, Irene just sees a Wendy run through various stages of emotion, face growing grimmer as time goes on. Internally panicking, Irene racks her brain trying to think of a solution.

A small voice similar to Sooyoung whispers an idea in her head.

Instantly, Irene climbs over Wendy’s body. Hand on her face and everything. With Irene now in her lap, all the thoughts are effectively halted and all of her attention is on the girl currently situated in her lap.


 

“H-hello.”

 

Oh god oh god oh god oh god ohgodohgodohgod pWETTY GIRL IN MY LAP???? Alarm bells are ringing off in the girl's head.

 

“Hi.”


 

Silence.

 

Wendy's face is akin to that of a tomato at the moment.

“I can see you overthinking things again Wan-ah.”

“I don’t- I don’t know what to think anymore.”

Tired, Wendy looks away from the florist and tries to concentrate on something else. On the tv was King Arthur fighting the Black Knight.

“Then stop thinking. And go for it.”

With confused eyes, and done with logic, Wendy sighs and thinks to herself,  it.

Wendy looks into the concerned eyes and leans in, giving time for Irene to move away if so desired. She didn’t.

In fact, she made the final push for their lips to meet.

Feeling her heartbeat in her ears, Wendy tunes out the rest of the world and puts all her focus on the girl ahead of her. The last she hears from the movie is, “The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on, then.” Her mind is blank other than the comforting scent of lavender engulfing her.

After a solid few minutes of soft kisses, they pull away from each other, foreheads touching, both affected by the lack of oxygen from their continuous kisses.

All of a sudden, Irene starts laughing. And soon Wendy joins her. Over time, the laughing ceases and comfortable silence confronts them. They just look at each other, trying to read the other’s thoughts.

 

“Hey Irene, I like you.”

 

A smile grows on the other's face. “I think I just made it obvious on how I think about you too.”

Another laugh fills the room, “You certainly did.”

“So, the push and pull is over!” Standing in the doorway is both Sooyoung and Seulgi, watching the whole thing just happen.

Irene flies off Wendy’s lap and curls up in the fetal position at the edge of the couch. Wendy just laughs it off, before pulling Irene next to her once again.

Seeing her friend (LOVER??) can’t speak right now, “Yeah, I guess the push and pull is done.”

A cackle echos as Sooyoung and Seulgi walk over to sit in the loveseat.

Sooyoung quoting another movie in the Monty Python franchise, “We interrupt the program to annoy you and make things generally more irritating.”

Ignoring their mutual annoyance (of whom they love dearly), they curl up on the couch, just in their own little bubble, watching the dumb yet great movie.