The Night Out

Night To Remember

There wasn’t anything special about that bar. It was located in between buildings in some further areas of Seoul, so you probably wouldn’t even noticed it if you were just passing by. The inside wasn’t so fancy either. Couple of tables, usually occupied by small groups of middle aged people or some lazy drunks, pool table, small place for nonexistent DJ and a long bar table. The room had lamps only in the corners and couple of neon light that probably hasn’t been used in forever.

 

As much as the atmosphere wasn’t the richest, Junmyeon liked this place for its simplicity. Also, he befriended the bartender, so he often got discount and a pinky promise that there won’t be any gossips about him visiting this place.

 

For a long time, he thought that this is the only way he could forget about the struggle and constant stress of being a top idol.

 

Well that was about to change tonight.

 

,,You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

As he was finishing his third beer, the door of the bar opened revealing Bae Joohyun, stunned at the sight of the familiar face. The only thing missing to complete the ridiculousness of the situation was some kind of stare into the camera like in The Office.

 

,,And I thought this day couldn’t get any worse.” Said girl as she made her way to the bar stool. It didn’t go unnoticed by Junmyeon that she chose to sit 3 stools away from him.

 

,,Well good to see you too Joohyun. Thank you for such a nice hello.” 

 

Hyun Soo, the bartender, on the other hand looked completely starstruck. Who wouldn’t? The most beautiful girl in Korea just sat in front of him.

 

,,Miss Irene! Nice t-to me-eet you!” He said nervously, but couldn’t contain his smile. ,,Wow, you’re so much prettier than on TV!” He received a slight bow and a smile.

 

,,Thank you. Can I please get a bottle of soju?” And with that Hyun Soo turned around to prepare her order.

 

As Joohyun waited, Junmyeon decided to move one seat closer to her as if the situation wasn’t awkward enough.

 

,,So…what are you doing here?”

 

,,Why? Am I not allowed to go out sometime?” The girl asked slightly irritated.

 

Actually, I wanted to ask ,,don’t you have a laundry or ironing to do?”, but I guess that would end up with me getting face slapped.

 

,,No, I mean, how did you find this place? It doesn’t suit you very much.”

 

,,Does it matter? I just know!” She whined, half whispering. ,,Can’t you just get back to your beer and pretend I’m not here? You don't even have open your mouth to make my head hurt."

 

He held his hands in a ,,I surrender” style and turned to his drink. It wasn’t even 5 seconds when he decided to renew the conversation.

 

,,But admit it, it does look weird- ”

 

,,Oh my God, you little-” She was ready to slap him, but a little voice in her head told her not to cause a scene since there were people around. Looking defeated, Joohyun just sighed and took her soju from the bartender.

 

,,If you really need to know, I came here to relive some stress.” She muttered, as she took a big sip on her bottle. Junmyeon raised his eyebrows in question but decided to continue the subject, since she didn’t look like an angry chihuahua anymore. 

 

,,Funny enough, me too.” He said as he finished his beer. ,,I assume your girls are a little bit difficult to handle?”

 

,,A little bit? Please, I know you might think you know the struggle, but honestly, I don’t know whose got it worse here.”

 

Is she for real? ,,Excuse me! You have 4 girls, I have 8 chaotic children to handle. One I can’t even reach because he’s in freaking China!”  

 

,,Jun, we might have a different view on a word struggle.” Joohyun said while giving him the side eye. Junmyeon just let out a single ,,Oh” before Hyun Soo joined the conversation.

 

,,Sorry for butting in, but  maybe you can sort that out with this?” He said with a suggestive smile on his face as he held two bottles of liquor in his hands. The couple looked at each other, then at him, confused.

 

,,And what business you have in it?” Junmyeon asked.

 

,,I- nothing. I-I just-felt. Left out.” He answered with a guilt in his voice.

 

,,I don’t mind.” Joohyun declared, taking off her coat.

 

,,What?” The boys asked in unison. ,,Seriously?”

 

Bae Joohyun? Willing to drink in company of the boy? Not an everyday experience. But in some way, it made Junmyeon excited.

 

,,Okay. I feel like this is a lifetime opportunity. Bring the glasses Hyun.” With that, the younger boy went to prepare the drinks. Junmyeon leaned on the table, cracking his neck- activating his competitive mode.

 

,,So, what’s been troubling you lately?” Let’s see who has it worse.

 

[One hour later]

 

,,Then Yeri drank like 5 cans of RedBull mixed with coffee, running around saying that she’s hearing voices. Do you have an idea how hard it was to explain it to the manager, when she looked like she was on drugs?” Joohyun said in annoyed voice, waving her hands in front of her. 

 

There was already 5 bottles of soju and 3 empty glasses in front of her and Jumyeon. His head was getting heavy so he listened to her while supporting himself by the table.

 

,,Yeah? Does your members come to you in the middle of the night begging you to sleep with them because they’re scared? Oh, and did I mentioned they’re 25?” Junmyeon asked as he recalled Sehun wanting them to sleep together during  last reality show. Thank heavens he lives alone now. ,,Now that I look at it, I regret comparing him to those high IQ whales.”

 

Joohyun giggled at that comment, letting out a little hiccup. Junmyeon found that cute as he watched the shade of red slowly appearing on her cheeks. The alcohol was getting into the system already.

,,At least people find him cute. When people look at me, they usually have two types of reactions.” She said as she drunkly put two fingers in his face. ,,First being- wow, what a pretty face, and second- I hope she doesn’t kill me.”

 

,,Oh come on. It’s not that bad. It’s just-”He tried to do a circle with his arms as if putting her in a frame. ,,You just give off the impression that you want to murder everyone you look at.”

 

That earned a slap on the arm.

 

,,I guess we both have it rough, don’t we?” Joohyun started to fill another shot of soju. 

 

,,Yeah, I wonder if that ever be enough…” As he said that, it made Joohyun worried.

 

Weird. Does he think he’s not good enough? 

 

Before she could reply, he was gone from his seat. She found him at the DJ place,  playing with the console. As she got up, the neon light around the room , which made other people at the bar surprised.

 

,,What are you doing?” Joohyun asked as she grabbed his arm to put him down. In response, he grabbed her around her waist and dragged her to the centre of the room. She didn’t even had time to properly react.

 

,,I decided to play something fun. You know, for stress reliving!” As he lively declared, people started to look at them, which made Joohyun little bit uncomfortable. She started to get back to the table but Junmyeon grabbed her hand to pull her back.

 

,,Come on, just tonight. Loosen up and dance like you used to!” It was probably alcohol speaking for him. She wasn’t sober either. She looked at him, seeing excitement in his eyes. The room was now filled with the familiar rhythm of Amor Fati.

 

I hope I won’t regret this later.

 

[Around two hours later]

 

,,I'm telling you, we're lost!" Jongdae said angrily as he and Chanyeol were exploring the streets of Seoul. ,,Now I have a feeling you will kill me and bury me somewhere. Are you trying to take my place in CBX again?”

 

,,Didn't think about it. Thanks for the idea!" Chanyeol replied while playing on his phone. Jongdae repeated the ,,Thanks for the idea" part in a with mockingly, stinky face and and gave him a light punch to the arm.

The street they were walking through probably wouldn't count as the fanciest. There was no one in the neariest area and if they were people, well, let's say if you liked having all teeth in a row then you probably shouldn't chit chat with them. The atmosphere wasn't getting any better when boys noticed a knocked out wheelchair on its side by the wall of some old building. With no one in it. Chanyeol grabbed Jongdae by the arm and gave it gentle but anxious squezze. They both could agree it was such a bad thing to see in a barley lighted alley.

,,Dude. Something happened there."

,,Well I hope it was a miracle." Chen's face may have been stoic but the tiny crack in his voice was telling otherwise. ,,Let's just get back. We won't found anything interesting here at this hour-„. Before he finished the sentence, the strong sound of bass was heard from the alley nearby.

,,Yeol. Is it just me or does that bass sounds familiar?" Jongdae asked his tall friend who nodded in agreement. They started to head out in the direction of a noise, just out of curiosity and any probably because any place seemed more safe than being outside right now. As they got to the door, they heard something along with a song that all Koreans knew. They opened the door to take a peek. What they saw, passed all of their expectations.

,,Ppa-ppa-ppalgan mat, gunggeumhae honey
Kkaemulmyeon jeomjeom nogadeun strawberry geu mat.."

At the center of dance floor was their beloved leader, dancing to Red Flavour, with a crowd of middle age people singing the lyrics with...Bae Joohyun dancing along? Junmyeon’s dance was messier than you would expect but you could tell he was giving his all. Joohyun looked all smiley with a bottle of soju in her hand. Both Chanyeol and Jongdae were shocked at the scene. They stood there till the end of the song. As soon the song finished, people were clapping and cheering for the star of the show.

 

,,Thank you! Vote for me as the new president of SM if you're against abusing children!” Junmyeon shouted as he bowed, barley holding his balance.

 

,,Hey hyung!" Chanyeol called. Junmyeon turned around and waved at the sight of s.

 

,,Hi guys! Come here!" As they, slightly unwillingly got closer, they received an unexpected hug from their older girl friend.

 

,,Chennie Chen! Yeollie I'm sooo happy you're here!" Joohyun squealed, holding her face in a shy manner. That left them confused since she never shows them this kind of affection. Jongdae glanced over at the bar filled with empty bottles and glasses. 

 

,,I see you got yourself… a little party, huh?” Jongdae asked nervously. He exchanged the look with Chanyeol who was still in disbelief.  Joohyun nodded happily and wrapped herself around Junmyeon’s arm. Jongdae gasped, covering his mouth.

 

,, Jongdae, Chanyeol, you wanna join us? We still have a long way to go!”

 

,,Hyung, you know you can’t drink that much. Besides, manager will be mad if he founds out you went out without telling him.” Chanyeol said worried. But Junmyeon seemed to be on his little cloud of drunkness. He took a few steps closer to the pool table looking as if he could fall any second.

 

,,Come on! You two give me headaches all the time!” Junmyeon whined as he began to dance again. It wasn’t helping that the speakers were now playing some saxophone-y kind of song. ,,I just wanna let loose for once. I wanna dance!” He started to do little body rolls and throwing his head right and left, arms up and down. Jongdae could only cringe.

 

,,You know what Chan? Remember when we were practising The Eve? I'm having a flashback. And I don’t like it.” Jongdae said covering his eyes in shame.

 

,,Really? Thought you were going to say the Havana one.” Chanyeol responded with a blank face. Jongdae looked at him confused.

 

,,What do you mean Havana? He never danced to Ha-” Before he could finish, Chanyeol grabbed his face and turned it towards Joohyun. ,,Ohhh. You meant that.”

 

Joohyun was doing her little dance that went viral when she was MC in Taipei. The one with the white dress and rose in her hair. She started to move towards Junmyeon in a seductive way which he gladly responded to. The boys were at the loss of words and they could only watch as they their leader grabbed her, as if he was ready to dance tango or something. He threw her back, still holding her by the waist causing her to snap her back. To be honest, it looked like she broke her spine in half.

 

,,I think I need to bleach my eyes.” Chanyeol nudged Jongdae with his elbow.

 

,,I think like I need to bleach my soul.” 

 

As two boys were muttering to each other, Joohyun raised her head to look at Jumyeon. He did the same and for a moment they were lost in each other’s eyes. Maybe it was a heat of a moment, maybe alcohol acting for him , Junmyeon slightly closed his eyes and started to lean towards her face. It felt like some kind of magnetism which he couldn’t fight with. So much for having a face made in heaven. If you think about it deeper, her personality is also perfect.

 

Unaware of his thought, Joohyun went through a similar train of thoughts in her head. She was now in the arms of the literal prince, who is simply embodimet of a perfect guy. It ended up with her pulling her lips towards his.

 

They were literally milimeters away from each other when they heard loud ,,HEY!” from behind them. Now each of them had a hand over their mouth. Turns out, Jongdae reacted the last moment and pulled them apart, sending them away from each other.

 

,,Are you crazy?! What if Dispatch hyenas are wandering nearby! Snap out of it” Chanyeol was now panicking. A frown appeared on Junmyeon’s face. Probably his stomach was starting to feel upset from the sudden impact. Without the care in the world, he throw his body onto the pool table, slowly losing conscious. Joohyun saw that and having the similar face expression, crossed her arms, approaching the table.

 

,,Hey! If you wanna go to sleep, at least close the door, dammit!” She mumbled loudly as she laid down onto the table next to the boy. Sensing a body next to him, Junmyeon put his arm around her and pulled her closer to him as if she was a pillow. In response, she threw her leg over his hip and hooked the other leg with his.

 

Chanyeol and Jongdae just stood there, unable to process what the heck just happened here. Chanyeol pulled out his phone and snapped a quick photo of the sleeping couple with a grin on his face. That earned a smack from his shorter copmanion. Jongdae rubbed his cheek and run a hand through his hair.

 

,,For taking me out tonight and dragging me into this, you will do my dishes for a week, starting from the second this is over.”

 

[20 minutes later]

Chanyeol parked his large car in the underground parking lot. As he turned off the engine, he heard a soft snores coming from the backseat. He turned to the right seat and flicked Jongdae’s forehead to prevent him from falling asleep as well.

 

,,We’re here.”

 

Jongdae stretched his arms and let out a yawn. He got out of the car and jogged to the back door where Chanyeol was standing. The taller one opened the door and both were now staring at asleep Junmyeon holding barley awake Joohyun in his arms. Chanyeol started to unfasten Junmyeon’s seatbelt.

 

,,Okay. I take the sleeping beauty over here and you take care of an scary chihuaua, got it?” Chanyeol stated as he slipped his hands under the girl’s back to take her weight of his friend. He gently put her aside.

 

,,You just want to throw me under the bus, don’t you? I'm pretty sure she will bite me.” Jongdae sighed, helping pulling Junmyeon out of the car and getting him onto the Chanyeol’s back. The giant replied ,,Yeah, yeah. Now move your . Junmyeon’s apartment is on 7th floor and by the way, he's REALLY heavy!”

 

,,I feel sick…” Joohyun muttered with a cute pout. Jongdae forced a smile as he tried to decide where should he grab her for easier transport.

 

,,Don't worry noona.” He began to pull her out. ”You’ll be in bed in a minute. I’ll just grab your arm and-” 

 

He forgot it was pretty dark in here. So by accident- he miscalculated the distance and grabbed something else. Something round shaped.

 

Joohyun just stared blankly into the space, trying to avoid eye contact. 

 

,,Jongdae.”

 

,,Yes?”

 

,,Is that my arm?”

 

,,I don’t think so…”

 

,,Then maybe you should let it go.” 

 

[On 7th floor]

 

,,Take the spare keys. They should be in my pockets.” Chanyeol requested while carrying drunk Junmyeon on his back. 

 

,,Can’t you see my hands are occupied right now?” Answered annoyed Jongdae holding Joohyun bridal style. Chanyeol struggled to get his hand into the pocket, trying not to let go of Junmyeon's leg. After second attempt of reaching, he succeeded to open the door. Jongdae then closed it with his foot and flipped the light switch on with his head. As soon as they entered, they went straight to their leader’s bedroom.

 

,,I’ll lay her down on his bed.”

 

,,And what about him?” Chanyeol started do feel Junmyeon’s drool coming on his neck.

 

,,I don’t know! Throw him on the couch or something.”

 

Chanyeol watched as Jongdae laid down the girl, took of her shoes and coat and covered her with blanket, then he glanced at Junmyeon’s sleeping face. Without further thinking, he threw his friend onto the mattress like a rag doll. Jongdae grabbed his head in surprise.

 

,,Dude! You want her to kill him in the morning?!” He whispered in panic.

 

,,Chill out. Besides admit, they look cute together.” Chanyeol whispered back. Chen looked at the sleeping couple and massaging his nose let out a heavy sigh.

 

,,Fine! I’’ll call Kyungsoo in the morning. We will need a lot of food tomorrow…”

 

Before closing the door, he took a final glance at the bed. ,,Adorable, huh? I just hope you will survive the night alone hyung.”

 

And with that, silence filled the bedroom and the only sound was Junmyeon's soft snoring.

 

 

 

Wow, I'm back! After... a while. You know that feeling when you see a scene in your head but you just can't describe it in words? That was my writing block that held me back. Also, finals at the university didn't show any mercy either. The laziness also took over from time to time. For that, sorry!

There's only one chapter left to write. I really hope this chapter turned out okay since it gave me a lot of stress, but also a lot of fun!

See you next time. In a near future I hope :)