1...

orange reveries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon abruptly woke up to the noise of her alarm. The alarm kept buzzing, Chaeyeon lazily reached out her arm to hit the snooze button on the alarm. The room turned quiet. The blonde shifted her position to her right. That moment she was sure she saw something in front of her. She slowly opened her heavy lidded eyes.

 

It seems familiar but Chaeyeon’s sight was blurry. She rubbed her eye to get better view of it. In front of her was familiar blonde hair spread over the pillow that looked like hers. That figure had their back on Chaeyeon. Opposite of that figure was someone else. Chaeyeon tried to get a clearer view of that person. Right then she was astounded by what she saw, she couldn't believe her eyes. That person turn out to be someone she never expect to see again. It was a certain bob haired girl named Miyawaki Sakura, her ex-girlfriend who broke off with her few years back.

 

It was like watching a video replaying her memory with Sakura in the past. She saw herself cuddling up closely toward Sakura. Sakura buried her head in Chaeyeon’s nape. Chaeyeon swears she could still feel Sakura’s scent lingering in her nose.

Chaeyeon blinked. She was back to just herself. She abruptly sat up from her bed. It just felt weird and crazy at the same time. Questions were filled in her head about this scenario. Nevertheless, she was sure she moved on after so many years.  

 

She quickly brushed away her thought. She got on her feet then walked to the bathroom to wash her face. 

 

The girl cleaned off the face cleaner on her face. She reached for her towel then used it to wipe her drenched face. She moved the towel away. Her reflection was on the mirror but she wasn’t alone in it. Again, she saw her past unfold in front of her. It was herself brushing her teeth and fooling around with Sakura. Her arm was wrapped around Sakura waist. They were fooling around trying to put toothpaste onto each other face. There were laughter and she thought she was hearing it. It sent chills to her spine. 

Chaeyeon shake herself off the reveries. She quickly got out from the bathroom. 

 

Moving on, she went to her kitchen to prepare some breakfast for herself. She got out all ingredients she needed on the kitchen counter. Soon, she proceeds on preparing a sandwich for herself. The stove was before placing a pan above it. She started making scramble egg with it.

Suddenly, there were giggles. Chaeyeon was sure she is the only one in the house but she heard giggles. Anxiously, she turned to her back. It was her and Sakura again. It brings her back down to that memory lane again. Sakura used to be the one who woke up early to prepare breakfast for them. Chaeyeon could never forgets how those breakfast taste like. It was the most delicious food she ever tasted.

 

She saw herself enjoying the breakfast made by her girlfriend while the girl was just staring at her eating while resting on her arm. She smiled at every compliment Chaeyeon gave about the meal she made. That smile, it was what made Sakura irresistible to Chaeyeon.

 

The real Chaeyeon turned her attention back onto her breakfast. Good thing she turned back to her scramble egg on time otherwise it would have been burnt.

 

-

 

After Chaeyeon’s done with her breakfast, she got herself ready to go out. She put on her favourite yellow turtle neck and a pair of rip jeans. Her routine every Sunday is to meet up with her group of friend at their favourite café. Today was the day where she felt like using public transport instead of getting stuck in the traffic with her car. The train station was just a few blocks away from her condominium. It only took her 10 minutes’ walk to reach the train station. 

 

There were people around the platform waiting for the next train to come. Chaeyeon took out her earphone and insert it into her phone. She fumbled through her favourite playlist, she clicked on her recent favourite, im so tired… by Lauv and Troye Sivan. Both earphone were plugged on her ears. Chaeyeon enjoyed this kind of ambient.

 

Chaeyeon has a habit, she like observing what others are doing around her while she has her music on. There were people listening to music like her, people talking with another person, man in his mid-forty reading a newspaper. Meantime, something caught her eyes.

In the middle of the crowd, she saw two familiar figures, herself and Sakura. They were sharing her earphones. Coincidentally, the song switched in her phone, talk is overrated by Jeremy Zucker and blackbear started playing. It was one of the songs they loved listening together. She decided to ignore her vision, thinking maybe it would go away.

 

-

 

The train arrived. Chaeyeon got on the train. She leaned against the wall beside the seats. Right opposite she could see herself and Sakura got to the other side of the train. Even though there were some obstacle blocking the blonde's view but she could still take a glimpse at them.

 

Chaeyeon gently ruffled Sakura hair to get her attention. The girl turned to her with a cute pout. Chaeyeon giggled at her reaction. She gently Sakura’s brown bob. They stared at each other for quite a while. That moment was breathtaking for them, it was like the whole world suddenly became quiet and all they could hear is their synchronize breathing. The blonde found herself drown in those mesmerising brown orbs the girl holds. Never had she imagine those eyes would spare a glance upon her. Chaeyeon never felt that she deserved Sakura. To her, Sakura is a perfect human being, she has the visuals that people write poem about and aura of those princesses Chaeyeon read about when she was little. In contrast, Chaeyeon is just nothing compare to her, she doesn’t have that look nor that aura. She just felt like a mere peasant beside Sakura.

 

At that moment, Chaeyeon’s phone buzzed. She turned her attention to her phone. It was a text from Eunbi.

 

Eunbi

Everyone had arrived, you’re late again. Where the heck are you?

 

Chaeyeon replied.

                                                   

                                                             Chaeyeon

I’m on the train, there’s two more stop. Hang in there.

 

Chaeyeon look up from her phone. There was no one in the spot she looking at just now. Chaeyeon sighed. She think she's going crazy to imagine these all the time. However, she was curious why she could see these visions now. Part of Chaeyeon wonder if Sakura is having the same visions as she did. But heck to that thought this ain’t no movie, this is reality.

“Myeong Dong station. Myeong Dong station.”, the train announced.

Chaeyeon got out from the train. She continued on her journey to the café.

 

-

 

She pushed the café door open. Her friends were already seated in the corner of the café. Eunbi was the first to noticed Chaeyeon’s arrival.

 

“Look who’s finally here.”, Eunbi’s tone was laced with sarcasm.

 

Everyone turned their attention to Chaeyeon. The blonde let out a awkward chuckle.

 

“Damn unnie, you’re always late.”, Yujin whined.

 

“I’m sorry, I lost track of time this morning.”, Chaeyeon tried to find a reason.

 

“Didn’t you love setting alarms on your phone?”, Chaewon teased.

 

Her friends knew her habit of setting alarm even she doesn’t follow up to it. Chaeyeon awkwardly chuckled as a response. She settled herself down on the empty seat they left for her. The waitress came to them with a cup of cappuccino. As usual her friend would always order her favourite drink for her.

 

“Who do I have to pay back to?”, Chaeyeon asked as she took the drink to herself.

 

“I paid for it but today’s my treat.”, Eunbi said.

 

“Thanks, unnie.”, Chaeyeon beamed a smile.

 

The group started talking and catching up with each other on their life. Eunbi announced that she had a promotion in her job which is why she is paying for everyone today. Chaewon, Hyewon and Yena is in their final year of college right now. Yujin, Wonyoung and Yuri are still struggling in second year of college. Hitomi still loves bread and Nako had a crush on someone. Everyone began teasing Nako about her crush. Their laughers filled the café. 

 

Chaeyeon always liked spending her time with them. They always remind her that there are still happy place in the world.

 

“How about you, Chaeyeon? You haven’t talk about yourself.”, Yena asked.

 

“Me, I’m doing just fine. Still helping out my family business and occasionally having dance classes for kids.”, Chaeyeon answered.

 

“How cool, how much I wish I could still dance like the old times.”, Eunbi said.

 

“I’m pretty sure with the promotion you have, you wouldn’t have time for dance class.”, Hyewon spoken after having the last bite of her cake.

 

As they were talking, Chaeyeon noticed the familiar situation in front of her. She saw herself and Sakura again. They were sitting right opposite of her. Just like a mirror it reflect the same thing, her friends were there as well. The only difference was the Chaeyeon opposite of her was happier. Sakura has her arm wrapped around Chaeyeon as they are having conversation with their friends. They laughed at her friends was teasing and bickering around. Occasionally, Chaeyeon and Sakura would steal glances or tickles each other. Sakura normally doesn’t order any drink but she like sharing Chaeyeon’s favourite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter