T w o - I n t r i g u e d

Mine: Jeon Jungkook x reader (on hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook's POV:

 

I was hiding under the bed again.
 

I was scared out of my mind, again.
 

I heard the footsteps getting louder and my gasping breaths grew louder with them.
 

"Be good and hide well, Jungkook," I heard my mother's voice. "Mommy will protect you."

 

And instead of those being her last words, I heard her ear splitting scream.

 

I screamed but no voice came out as my body started thrashing on its own volition.

 

I heard my mother fall on the floor with a thud.

 

But since I had seen this so many times, I knew she was dead before she hit the ground. 


 

As she fell, her eyes stared at me cooped under the bed, crying in horror.
 

She gave a weak smile as the light left her eyes and slowly put a finger to her lips in a gesture of telling me to be quiet.

 

I put a hand on my mouth to stop my sobs but it was useless.

 

"Peek-a-boo!," the man suddenly got down and peeked under the bed, taking me by surprise.
 

I screamed, finally.

 

At the top of my lungs.


 

"Ahhhhh!!," I woke up screaming.
 

It was a dream.
 

I was covered in sweat and 
 

But this was new... I knew this was a dream and I had dreamt this every night since that fateful night but I never got as far to see my mother.
 

As I wiped my sweat, I realized only also saw the face of the assailant... only that I couldn't recognize him because I woke up too soon.


 

I'm close. I'm close to remembering who killed them... just a little longer.







 

                       🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟





 

I hated close range kills.

 

Too messy and too involving.
 

I sighed and jerked my hands in attempt to rid them of the blood.

 

Making my way out of the crime scene, I felt a sting on my cheek.

 

But since my hands were contaminated, I couldn't check it out. So I just went away anyway.


 

As it was for granted for me to go to this place after every kill, I sped up.


 

Now that I thought about it, it was kind of funny and twisted in a way. A killer, doing little acts of kindness to somehow balance the bad he has done.

 

Poetic, I guess.

 

As soon as I reached the gate, I heard the children scream and I smiled.


 

Without taking my helmet off, I walked into the building.


 

"Oppa!!," little Minsoo came running and hugged my legs.


 

"Aigoo, uri Minsoo-ya~ I missed you! And what did I tell you about calling me oppa?"

 

"To not call you oppa," she pouted.

 

My heart constricted at her cuteness and I leaned to kiss her cheek.


 

All the other kids followed after her and circled around me.

 

I distributed all the candies I had brought amongst them and watched them happily eat.

 

This was the only place that made me feel at home, at peace. Made me feel human. 


 

Happy days Orphanage.


 

The orphanage I grew up in.


 

My thoughts were interrupted when Hyungjae, the youngest of the lot, suddenly got up and yelled, "Omma!," and ran towards the gate.


 

I turned around to see her... the girl I met the other day.


 

She was his mother?

 

But to my surprise, soon after, all the kids left my side and ran towards her, all screaming, "omma."

 

She fell on her knees and opened her arms wide. All the kids rushed and hugged her while she laughed and kissed everyone of them.

 

"How are my babies today? Omma bought you presents!"

 

"Yay!," the ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter