Scar

Scar

Day in day out , Kyungsoo keeps living with a feeling of always being under a burden on his shoulders. The burden of not being what his parents wanted him to become , not being able to achieve something great with his dream that kyungsoo insisted despite of his parents warnings ..... Now seeming like an unrealistic dream of becoming a successful writer. He keeps feeling depressed all the time not due to financial problems,but becuz his parents still support him through their insurance plans that they made for their single son even after they died, and his incapability to write good books. 

Distressed by his miserable condition of not being able to look happy even in the things and at the places where he was always seen as chirping as a bird, making noises here and there, making the life of others near him harder and became so silent that even his friends at party would notice and show pity on him. Unable to bear all it all finally he bursts tears out of his eyes and..... 

Kyungsoo  ran....

Kyungsoo ran as fast as he could in order to leave that feeling behind in the pouring rain so that it became hard to differentiate tears and raindrops falling from his eyes, but .....kyungsoo knew that he can't  escape it . But in the race with his failure as opponent he reaches to someone as a finish point to his race .... That someone looks as if he was also going through same kind of failure...

The failure being unbearable, and coming out of that person's eyes like pearls in the moonlight .... And kyungsoo felt like that person was in more pain, more than he'd ever experienced..... 

Kyungsoo tried his best to ignore him..... And thought if he tried to talk to him, stranger will think as if kyungsoo is trying to pity on him.... 

But seeing the man fighting with the wall as if the wall has taken something precious away from him kyungsoo couldn't hold back anymore..... 

As distance between kyungsoo and that person got smaller the scent of alcohol and sound of the person's crying got stronger..... 

Unable to start a conversation ,kyungsoo asks without thinking "would you like to have a drink with me?" and then thinks in the back of his mind "am I gone crazy? why would he?". But to his surprise the man nodded and said "Yes!! please!! I want to but I don't have money for it!!".

The rain stopped slowly as if rain wanted you to listen to that stranger ,and the street echoed with that person's begging voice..... Kyungsoo can't believe the stranger man's desperate expression, as if he wanted to drink all drinks in the world to overcome his pain.....  

As both started walking towards the citylights leaving the lonely moonlight behind , kyungsoo started to notice a big scar on the beautiful face of that stranger, but as kyungsoo was hesitant to ask about it, he asked changing the thought of it from his mind "by the way what's your name? If you don't want to tell me, that's okay". But again to his surprise the stranger said (although he was half out of his mind and spacing out) "I'm Kai, and thanks for the drink"  and like this they started chatting little by little about the sudden weather change, clothes and good bars till they reached to the bar... 

Throughout the little chat Kai felt little light rather than his before condition of feeling heaviness in his chest that would crush him and felt that the man in front if him really have a inviting personality.... 

As they started drinking, kyungsoo asked impulsively "How did you got that scar?" Leading to a long silence between them....  Till Kai broke it and said "Well I'll tell you if you keep it in your heart, but ......" ,

Kai then murmured "it doesn't matter cuz the whole thing is on the news already"....

Kyungsoo thought meanwhile "why was he killing me with the silence as if I had asked him for his lungs" but with Kai's inviting response Kyungsoo said "Yeah that'll make you feel better I guess, cuz sharing the pain decreases it and sharing the happiness increases it " ...

Kai felt as if he could trust kyungsoo ..... since he's been through so much, that he could know when a person is trustworthy or not. He felt like telling him everything, all secrets and all pains, becuz of the few words that kyungsoo said, unknowingly the effect of it and hence Kai began to tell about the scar's story..... 

" My life was going so good instead of me being an orphan and having a stinky attitude .... I was living my dream....The dream of becoming a actor and being with the girl whom I loved very much since we first met each other in our first film....

But as time slowly passed our relationship started to crumble, she started to doubt my love for her but in actuality it was her love that should have been tested in the court of our relationship ....

..... till one day she came home drunk and in the mist of some rumours of me dating my secretary on the glass of our transparent relation..... she started going crazy and hitting anything in her sight not because of jealousy or insecurity but becuz that hurted her pride cuz love was no near to be seen on her face...

and then it finally happened.... "

Kyungsoo said again even more impulsively "what? "

Kai replied "she furiously broke the beer bottle and then.... 

Baam!! the glass bottle she was holding pierced my face ..."

Kyungsoo felt so bad on inside and finally killing his curiosity becuz he felt like he's not the right person to hear all of this and don't deserve it and stood up saying "Let's not talk about it, if it hurts you". But in response Kai who's fully immersed in alcohol now said "Plz I want to flush out everything, every anger, every despair and every misery of mine so that it decreases".

Hearing that Kyungsoo felt even more sad about his impulsive act but Kai didn't waiting for Kyungsoo to sit continued ..... 

"She fell on the ground piercing my face with the broken beer bottle and hurting her hand with the broken glasses ..... she saw me in front of her bleeding, crying, begging for help so shocked that she didn't moved for a whole minute ...... I was feeling helpless, no matter how much I scream the pain won't go and instead it would only increase, making me panic as if I was crying blood.... 

But then she suddenly started saying that "Kai wants to kill me!! Plz someone help me" without trusting Kai for a second more. I get that she was terrified of what she did to me and thought that I would throw her out out my life by filing this act of hers in the court destroying her life, and in the process of saving herself she gave me a wound that couldn't be seen that couldn't be healed as easily....  The wound of betrayal with the broken pieces of trust  .... The wound from glass surely had been hurting me a lot but that pain was nothing compared to the one she gave me on my heart,my trust on her, my feelings for her .

After only one trail in court I was found to be innocent due to lack of evidence, even though she tried to frame me by saying that I tried to kill her and she did what she did to protect herself, but no one was there to blame her and she got away with just a little punishment when she confessed everything and said that she was terrified and all this was an accident and niether do I had the courage to blame her because I loved her very much so we all blamed the circumstances ...... But in all of this I lost my face, love, dream and what it takes to love again....

No other producers signed me afterwards as any character since my face wasn't even good enough for the villian

Doctors left the hope of me, ever being the same as before 

And in the mist of that attempted murder rumour everyone despised me 

I had no one with me or beside me while I was falling through the deepest, darkest tunnel of my life's journey and! "

"Stop it!! That's enough" kyungsoo said ,and hugged Kai in his arms tightly..... So tightly that Kai felt warm even when they were fully wet from the rain....

Kyungsoo couldn't bear it anymore as it felt him very unfair to mind in others buissness and bursted "Just stop it!! Stop it!! "

Kai replied with a smile as he felt the guilt through Kyungsoo's face and that made him to trust kyungsoo even more and he said " It's perfectly okay, I want to tell you,  don't feel guilty......... So" and then paused for a long moment thinking with his voice and opened his mouth to say " will you become my friend?? Then I can tell you all about it and share my feelings, right?? 

Kyungsoo looked at Kai totally blanked .... Trying to figure out what just happened cuz he rarely did had friends and all the friends he had ,were just helpful in his professional life as he was not a famous writer, not in personal problems and never approach to him even when he was going through his worst times....

That made kyungsoo happy and the reason he himself wasn't aware of...

And with a bright smile he said "Yes, why not!! " And they started chit chatting like they were best friends in their previous live... Disclosing each other's secrets from dirty and painful to funny and embarrassing ones.... 

As time passed they became so close that one can predict other's act in a situation as they became best friends .... 

As Kyungsoo became a pillar for Kai to stand again and start an acting academy.....  Kai realises that friendship is so powerful that it can heal those scars too which love can't and gives an unexplainable strength .... And that he have to move on from the past.... 

And while watching Kai stand again even though he had many scars both physically and emotionally, gave kyungsoo inspiration to not give up easily and make everyone proud whoever once trusted and supported him.... And started writing again with the same passion as when he once began with ..... 

Both didn't have any assurance of their success but they have the strength to stand back if they fall, with the help of his best friend..... 

Scars are something that may not change ....  But the feeling attached to it could be replaced from pain to encouragement and happiness..... 

 

 

                                       ^_^ END ^_^

                     Hope you all enjoyed this story......