final.

a kiss later.

yerim skips to yeojin, a huge smile on her face as always. but right now, it was a bit happier.

“oh, god. what?” yeojin groaned, a smile poking at her lips.

 

“guess what!” yerim exclaimed.

 

“you cried after watching an episode of peep and the big wide world with jinsoul?”

 

yerim hit yeojin. “no, you dummy! it’s almost time for my birthday party!”

 

it felt like time froze for yeojin. it was yerim’s birthday today? oh god. SHE FORGOT! oh gosh, you idiot! yerim is your best friend yet you forget her birthday.

 

“hello..? earth to yeojin?” yerim waved her hand in front of yeojin’s face, worry shown.

 

“ah! sorry, i just remembered haseul needs me—“ yeojin started grabbing her things as yerim stared at her with concern—“i need to go help her at the library! y’know, her nerd stuff with kahei. ANYWAYS BYE!”

 

she rushed out of the classroom leaving a confused yerim.

 

“. . . ! I’M SO STUPID!” yeojin screamed to the mirror. “she even kept reminding me that her birthday was coming up..! AH WHAT TO DO!”

yeojin pulled at her hair, glancing to the bathroom door to make sure nobody was coming in. she checked her phone, it was 5:30 pm, almost for yerim’s party. the gang even stayed at school late because they wanted to get homework done first before attending the party. how could yeojin forget?! hyunjin was probably somewhere heejins face off; gowon and hyejoo playing multiplayer games with hyejoo possibly rage quitting; haseul and kahei doing— ew— love; jinsoul talking about how her fish died for the 100th time to jungeun; sooyoung sleeping while jiwoo goes on her phone looking at cats and puppies on her explore page.

 

yerim was actually with jinsoul and jungeun working on her studies until she remembered that nobody had gone with yeojin. it was almost time for her birthday party too so she decided to tell yeojin once she got there.

 

yeojin sighed and grabbed her backpack, throwing it over her shoulder and leaving the restroom to go to the library.

 

haseul was at one of the desks with kahei, the two actually studying and being focused. until yeojin came in with a loud crash.

 

“HASEUL UNNIEEE—-“

 

“zip your mouth!” haseul said through whispers.

 

yeojin looked around and nodded, pulling out the chairs for her to sit on. she plopped down and stared at haseul. yeojin had forgot others stayed at the library too. oops.

 

“is there anything you need?”

 

“nah. i was just wondering what you got for yerim’s birthday,” yeojin said, playing it cool.

 

“i got her—“ haseul rummaged through her backpack, taking out a bat plushie. “—a stuffed animal.”

 

yeojin made an ‘O’ with and turned to kahei. “what about you?”

 

“a phone.”

 

yeojin choked on her spit. “i’’m sorry— what?”

 

“a phone,” kahei repeated.

 

yeojin felt like she could throw a tantrum right there and now. but it was the library so...

 

“WHY DO YOU NEVER GET ME A PHONE?” yeojin whisper yelled.

 

“because you never asked for one.”

 

“THIS HAG—“

 

“calm down already. we’re about to go to yerim’s birthday party in about 5 minutes,” haseul said calmly. “get your things.”

 

yeojin sighed a dramatic breath and wished for the best.

 

they were in two separate cars, haseul driving in car 1 and jungeun driving in car 2! jinsoul was in the shotgun seat with jungeun while kahei was with haseul. the usual.

chuuves: car 1.

2jin: car 2.

hyewon: car 1.

yerim: car 2.

yeojin: car 1.

 

car 1 was actually peaceful— only to be interrupted by jiwoo’s screaming. “THERE! IS! A! SPIDER!”

(ah , here we go again.) yeojin thought.

after arriving to yerim’s house, the door had already been open. a trail of roses following it. she gasped and squealed, running inside to see a huge cake presented in front of her.

 

the others followed, yeojin being the last one to enter.

 

“before we eat, we should get the presents.”

 

oop. yeojin’s face fell immediately.

 

yerim nodded eagerly like a puppy going out for a walk on a sunny day. everyone had tiny or big presents wrapped in fancy paper while hyunjin had hers in tape. yeojin was the only one without it.

 

“hey, yeojin! what about you?” heejin asked.

 

“u— uh, mine is a surprise! i’ll go last,” yeojin saved herself.

 

currently, yerim had: a blue betta fish, bat plushie, 50 bucks, iPhone XR, bread (obviously given by hyunjin), a photo of yves, stuffed sun, and more wild things.

 

yeojin was the only one left and she stood up, walking towards yerim. an idea popping in her head.

 

“..so?” jinsoul exclaimed.

 

“yerim, lean closer,” yeojin said.

 

“okay..?”

 

yeojin closed the gap between them, everyone screaming like that mom in that “what do you have in your hand” vine. as yeojin pulled back with a shy smile on her face, yerim continued to stare at yeojin.

 

“be my girlfriend, sunshine.”