II. The beginning of the end.

Fallen Angel [Discontinued (most likely)]

They’ve done it, they’ve really done it!

 

The lamp, they actually got it.

 

Eunha felt like she was dreaming, but it’s real, all real.

 

One step into the teleporter and sure enough, they were back... right back in Mount Targon...

 

Also known as, at that moment...

 

Absolute bloody ruins.

 

Buildings of the middle class were burnt to practically nothing, the common green of vegetation were replaced with a disgusting brown and not even the monsters if the jungle dare to showcase its anger.

 

The region is in absolute corruption.

 

The only building that seems to be fairing relatively better than the others, is Kayle’s palace... 

windows may have been shattered there and there and there were clear blast holes everywhere but at the very least it was still standing.

 

Surrounding the lands, however, laid bodies upon bodies...

 

“no..NO... NOO!” 

 

The angel would scream, dashing desperately towards those lifeless bodies in hopes to find movement, a heartbeat... anything...

 

“It’s happening again...” SinB stood next to a different corpse, her eyes completely dark. “Dead. All of them”

 

“This is madness... it may even be worse than last time” Umji did her best to hold back the tears that slowly filled the rim of her eyes. Trying her damn hardest to keep her emotions in line. So much so, she attempted to turn to the general for comfort.

 

“Yuju...?” The water nymph slowly paced over to the taller woman who had her head down staring straight at another body.

 

Inching closer, she notices the familiar armour on the corpse and from one look on Yuju’s face, Umji failed at all cost to keep back her tears as she shed them along with Yuju.

 

“They were my soldiers.... We fought together... through more battles than I can count...”

 

The water nymph grasps onto the general’s hand and held it tightly.

 

The two were never ones to display intense skinship with each other unnecessarily. They always preferred the softer approach with each other, such as squeezing each other’s hand briefly, smiling at each other, laughing at each other...the simple things...

 

Even just with Umji’s grasp on the back of her hand, Yuju could already feel the comfort that has successfully seeped through, even though it was a small gesture.

 

“That monster...” she would say under her breath, raising her head up to face the sky as she held back any more tears that dare to trickle.

 

“She’ll perish” Yerin cuts in, holding the lamp high up in her hands. “We’ll lock her soul in here forever, she’ll suffer an eternity of nothingness, a fate worse than death if you ask me. And..” she turns to Eunha, Sowon will finally be freed from her suffering.

 

A gentle smile was returned by Eunha. “Yeah... this will all be over soon...” looking ahead with only one objective in her mind, the angel starts marching forward. “Come on, we should find Kayle”

 

All followed the angel, but just briefly, Sinb held onto Yerin’s arm causing the latter to turn around. 

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I don’t remember you being able to be so dark and sweet at the same time”

 

“SinB look at me” Yerin puts out her arms in an action to display herself “I’m basically the embodiment of dark and sweet at the same time” she puts on a wide grin and shifted translucent.

 

“It’s kind of hot” SinB responds with a mischievous grin.

 

“This is so not a good time for this” Yerin shifts back and pulls on SinB’s arm “come on, we’re falling behind.

 

 

 

 

O O O

 

 

 

A shockwave sent towards the group’s direction made a great indication that they were on the right track.

 

A body with wings sent flying back, coincidentally being Kayle and landing right in front of Eunha’s feet most DEFINITELY confirmed that they were here.

 

Yuju was the first to step forward and help the righteous up.

 

Groaning Kayle’s fierce eyes looked up at the latter, before widening and facing them towards the group in front of her.

 

“So.. you guys are still alive..” her eyes drop down to the lamp in Eunha’s hands “and successful...”

 

“Much to your shock right?” Eunha almost scoffed, but she managed to hold back considering everyone right now is technically on the same page.

 

“How are Ionians Army and Our’s fairing” Yuju changed the subject quickly.

 

Looking towards the direction that Kayle flew from and to her dismay, Yuju watches horrifically at the scene in front of her.

 

If they thought the bodies they saw previously were bad, this definitely took the cake.

 

Hundreds of Ironian and Angelic soldiers scattered everywhere.

 

To add even more fire, in the distance, horrifically, everyone can clearly see a figure radiating darkness in the air, killing every single soldier that came in its way. One by one.

 

Every soldier that lifelessly fell and landed harshly on the ground, has no doubt met the same fate as the rest.

 

Eunha couldn’t seem to breathe watching the scene in front of her. She didn’t know what made it worse, the bodies that surrounded the area, or the monster responsible for all those bodies having the same face as the woman she loved so dearly.

 

“KAYLE!” Yuju’s voice became scarily strict and angry “THIS IS MADNESS. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? DO YOU REALLY THINK REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKE LAST TIME IS GOING TO HELP?”

 

“Make no mistake Yuju, I killed her last time”

 

“Then-“

 

“But she is stronger this time.” Pushing Yuju harshly aside, Kayle yanks the lamp right out of Eunha’s shaky fingers. “I hate to admit it, but it seems this stupid lamp might as well be the only solution. You.”

 

“Me?” SinB points at herself.

 

“How do I use it.”

 

Taken aback slightly from the tone of Kayle’s voice and the celestial's sheer presence, SinB composed herself quickly.

 

“From what I read, you must be very close to the person, hold it out far from you and closely towards that person and then think about the extraction of their soul”

 

“How the do you think about the extra-“ 

 

“Alright” Kayle interrupts Yerin.

 

Turning on her heels, she blasted herself up towards her victim.

 

“We should follow just in case” Yerin suggests before dashing off.

 

“HEY WAIT” Eunha followed slower, but still closely behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

O O O

 

 

 

 

 

 

“MORGANA”

 

The sorcerer turns her head towards the source of the noise, her one hand grasping onto an angelic soldier’s neck and another holding up black flames in which she held dangerously close to the soldier’s face.

 

Noticing the quick speed in which Kayle was flying towards her, Morgana wasted no time in throwing the body in her hand towards the righteous with the flames soon following.

 

Kayle made little effort to dodge everything and before the sorcerer can even think about her next plan of attack. She became face to face with a green object just inches away from her nose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even from the far distance, one will be able to notice the blinding white light that radiated from the sky.

 

A falling figure in which the light shined so hard became a silhouette that dropped right from the light.