II. Surprise?

Fallen Angel [Discontinued (most likely)]

This chapter is for version 2. If you’re confused please refer to my A/N right after chapter 20.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Why are you taking me here?” confusion takes over Eunha as Yuju drags her towards Mount Targon’s prison. Sure, it was away from the battle of the divine... and Sowon... 

 

however, so were many other places. What also didn’t make sense is the general made a stop at the rivers beforehand to take a bucket of water, giving Eunha absolutely no explanation for it.

 

And now they are making their way to a prison full of criminals who probably holds the biggest grudge against Kayle and her followers.

 

“You wanted the truth Eunha and I’m about to reveal it to you”

 

Honestly confusion isn’t even strong enough to describe how Eunha feels now.

 

“What else is there to know Yuju? You revealed Sowon and I to Kayle and now Sowon is no longer even Sowon” Eunha spits out, her earlier anger starting to explode inside her once again. Tears also threatening to escape.

 

“I didn’t have a choice”

 

“You had choices Yuju and you clearly made yours!”

 

“NO I DIDN’T!!”

 

Despite being a general, Yuju was always the calmest person Eunha’s ever known. For as far as she can remember Yuju has never once raised her voice at anyone... so for her to do so now, to say the least, it startled Eunha.

 

Sighing, the general puts up her hand apologetically.

 

“You’re not the only one with secrets Eunha... Kayle figured out mine to blackmail me- ugh just follow me inside, I’ll show you.” Yuju walks ahead into the prison cells leaving Eunha no choice but to follow.

 

Confusion and more confusion and now its going to become even more confusing.

 

 

                                                                  O O O

 

 

Uncomfortable is an understatement to describe the long walk within the prison. Although it is understandable. What person would feel comfortable with every pair of eyes behind bars following you as you make your way deeper into the prison?

 

Eunha could practically feel the murderous intent behind every glare she’s received thus far.

 

Her thoughts on that matter, however, was cut short once she bumps into the back of the woman she was following who has suddenly stopped on her tracks.

 

“We’re here” 

 

They’ve stopped right in front of a door. 

 

Unlike other prison cells, this was a metal door that seemed to lead to a room with no bars. 

 

Its practically Solitary Confinement.

 

“Just what kind of dangerous criminal gets locked up in a place like this” Eunha asks, slightly mortified.

 

Yuju on the other hand didn’t answer. Instead she picks out the key that she’s actually stolen from the Kingdom beforehand and unlocks the door. 

 

Eunha does, however, notice the sudden grim look Yuju had on her face.

 

Turns out the door didn’t lead to a room. It lead to a dark hallway.

 

A long dark hallway.

 

They walked in silence and after what felt like forever the two finally stops at another metal door.

 

Yuju takes out another key but Eunha steps in front and blocks her before she could unlock it.

 

“Yuju, I don’t know what you’re trying to reveal to me but these rooms are made to keep away the most dangerous of criminals. Are you trying to get us killed?”

 

“Just trust me. Even if this is the last time” Pushing Eunha aside, Yuju insert the key and kicks the door open.

 

To Eunha’s surprise what laid in front of her wasn’t some big ole tough guy... but a frail girl who was beyond malnourished.

 

Her lips were completely chapped and her body was too skinny to be considered healthy... and... she just laid there... lifeless.

 

“Umji!” Yuju calls out. Tears coat her eyes as she quickly rushes to the woman’s side.

 

The young maiden’s eyes slowly open upon hearing the familiar voice. “Yuju?”

 

She places a hand on the general’s cheek brushing away the trickling tears with her thumb. “Don’t cry... I hate seeing you cry...” Umji said so weakly it almost sounded like a whisper.

 

“Here, river water... you’re going to be ok..” Yuju helps Umji to sit up towards the bucket of water.

 

Eunha watched in awe as the young maiden places her hand above the bucket. The water slowly seeps up and spirals around her body before pressing itself against her and disappears as it seeps into Umji’s skin.

 

Once all the water was gone, Umji’s body looked healthier. Her skin looked more hydrated and her body was no longer skin and bone although it’s still quite skinny. Most likely because the bucket of water wasn’t entirely enough to accomodate the torture of being trapped like this.

 

A water nymph!? I thought they didn’t exist here.... and what is this tension between the two!?”

 

...

 

Oh?’

 

Her question was answered quite quickly when the two women in front of her exchanged a longing kiss on the lips.

 

“Why are you here Yuju? Isn’t Kayle going to give you hell if she finds out you’re here?”

 

“Circumstances outside have changed... besides... I told you I’ll always come back for you not matter what” the general gives the woman a sweet smile.

 

Returning the gesture before turning her head and noticing the angel at the door, the water nymph gives out a bright smile. “You must be Eunha! Yuju told me a lot about you.”

 

Umji stands up and walks towards the angel until they were face to face.

 

“It’s good to finally meet you in person, Yuju is right, you’re really pretty”

 

“You know who I am?” Eunha points at herself.

 

“I do”

 

“You’re a water nymph...”

 

“Yes...”

 

“In Mount Targon...”

 

Umji just gave Eunha a small smile and a nod to that.

 

“And you just kissed Yuju..”

 

“We’re lovers..”

 

...

 

Looking pass Umji, Eunha threw Yuju the most shocked expression the general has ever witnessed.

 

“You were dating a water nymph all this time and you didn’t tell me!?”

 

Taken aback, Yuju replied with the first thing that popped into her head. “Surprise?”

 

Sighing the angel places her hand on her face “Both of you. Explain, from the top.”