Final

Wolfsbane

Chanyeol always wonder how come his son, Seth, haven't asked anything about his father. A kid is supposed to be asking a lot of things and talks a lot, but Seth is always quiet. Sometimes Chanyeol wishes he can enter his son's mind to know what he is thinking. 

They say curiosity kills the cat. So Chanyeol did what he needs to do. 

Chanyeol walked up into his 4 year-old son's room. He saw him sitting on the bed, two knees stood against his chest, and looking into nothingness.

"Seth, why are you still up? It is past of your bed time already." Chanyeol said, brushing his son's fringe. He sat in front of him.

"I can't sleep, Appa." Seth said, lowering his head.

"Why? Do you feel something? Are you hungry?" Chanyeol asked. Seth shook his head.

"No, Appa. I'm waiting for Papa to sing me a good night song." Seth said, looking upwards. Chanyeol found his gaze and found nothing.

Chanyeol is sure he heard it right. His son is waiting for his Papa?

"What are you talking about?" Chanyeol asked curiously.

"Papa always sing me a good night song before I sleep. I love Papa's voice so much. We also cuddle because he knew I liked it a lot." Seth said.

"Hold on, baby." Chanyeol said, placing his hands on his son's shoulders. He looked directly at him in the eyes. For a second, Chanyeol saw fear in those deep brown orbs.

"Your Papa is not here Seth. He already went away." Chanyeol said. He admits that what could possibly happen next makes him nervous and scared.

"Huh?" Seth scrunched his nose. He laughed a bit. "What are you talking about, Appa? Papa is always here."

"In fact, Papa is always with you, Appa." Chanyeol's breath hitched and eyes grew wide when Seth pointed his finger into the air. "He is sitting on your shoulder." He giggled.

"Papa, please sing me a song now." Seth muttered. The child rejoiced when his Papa nodded his head.

Chanyeol cannot believe what he had just heard, went out of the room. All this time he thought that his shoulder pain is caused by too much fatigue. 

Was it always his dead husband Baekhyun?