♡ Family (Part 1)

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OMG Guys, thank you so much for the congrats.
To all the new readers, thank you for giving this story a try. I hope you'll like it.
To the "oldies", thank you so much for supporting. You guys really make my day. I don't know how to thank you besides updating, so yeah... 
This chapter will be updated in 3 parts because they just don't fit together hahaha. 
That's why it's so short. But don't worry, the next parts will be posted soon. 

Baekhyun worried his mind was playing him a game. Because his eyes believed to see the woman who had left him 20 years ago. The woman he had been looking for 20 years. Without success. But there she stood. Right in front of him. His Mother.

How many times had he painted their reunion in his mind? He had considered every eventuality, playing every scene in his head like a movie. An encounter in a cafe, maybe at Starbucks. The barista would call her name and when Baekhyun turned around, he would recognize her. Or they would come across each other, maybe while shopping or just at a traffic light. He knew he would recognize her walking by.

Yet his favorite imaginations were those where his mother returned to him. At every turning point in his life, he hoped to see his mother again. For on such days, parents should be with their children, right? On his last day at elementary school, he was sure his mother would show up any moment and give him a hug. The young Baekhyun insisted on waiting for his mother until the janitor sent him home to lock the front door. As his middle school graduation came, he had not given up. Even though he hadn’t waited until evening, he was still the last to leave the school. By the time he graduated from high school, his hope had already disappeared. Still, every time the door opened, his heart jumped and each time it bled a bit more.

Disappointments over disappointments hardened his heart over the years. One would think Baekhyun had learned from his mistakes. Even so, he kept a tiny hope as his wedding was planned. A tiny hope that his mother would be among the guests this time. Because the wedding day was what they called the most beautiful day in a person's life, wasn’t it? Which kind of mother would miss her child’s wedding?

To this day, he wondered if he would have seen her again if he hadn’t run away. But never would he have thought he was right. This wedding, even if it was the wrong one, brought his mother back.

"Mom?" No matter how many times he fantasized about their reunion, such an absurd situation would never have crossed his mind. He was not prepared for that. What do you say in such a situation?

"Hello, mom, long time no see? Where have you been? Incidentally, I'm married to the man who was meant for your other child I didn’t know about? Oh, and are you staying for dinner?" He couldn’t say that, could he?

"My baby," Mrs. Do called as she burst into tears and hugged her son. At the same time, she heard fleetingly as Mr. Park and Chanyeol took their leaves to give Baekhyun and her some space. That was very convenient for her, because no matter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter