isn't it you (prequel, part 3)

The Eyes That Lost You

after i let you go, when I think of you
foolishly, it still feels like a dream
if only i could see you again from back then


A year had passed ever since Jongdae cried on the outskirts of the apartment complex.

He developed the fear of loving someone again, along with Baekhyun reassuring him that it would be alright once again. The three of Junmyeon's friends (he was told by Baekhyun they were a group of five) had approached him later on that he wasn't at fault, and that their hyung was a ing , including Sehun who confessed that he punched Junmyeon in the face the moment he admitted he was the one who ended their relationship. He told them it was okay, however the lingering pain he felt on his chest was still there, and it felt like it had no intention of fading.

'I wanted to play this again in this year's recital,' spoke Jongdae as he search on his clearbook filled with sheet music. Baekhyun was beside him, writing time measures on his sheet music. 'The one from La Bohémé?'

He shook his head as he shoved the sheet right in front of his face, making Baekhyun yelp from his seat. 'This was my piece when I was in high school.'

'Moonlight Sonata?' He read the title out loud while putting the pencil on the back of his ear. 'Ain't this one from Debussy?'

'Jesus Christ,' Jongdae yanked the paper from Baekhyun's hands and let out an exasperated sigh. 'Why do people mistake this piece as Debussy's? This is Beethoven's!'

'Okay, okay, please don't be worked up by it.' He replied, running a hand to his hair while the other slumped his body and raised the sheet music. He leaned back and gazed at the man beside him.

Jongdae had changed much from what Baekhyun had noticed. Not physically, but also emotionally. The perms that bounced everytime he runs on the hallway had changed into a straight style, with the pastel tint of tangerine on his hair, along with the smile that was always only his face was now a long line of pinkish-white color (from what he remembered was really pink). Jongdae's expression wasn't the brightest now, it felt like the world between them had become dull and dark as soon as he was told he wasn't loved anymore. He was often blank, and would deny that something's wrong, but he knew that he really remembered the theater actor through the brand new keyboard he had bought for him on his birthday. Now it isn't really that much a surprise if he would suddenly talk about him.

'I miss him.' He blurted out as soon as he placed down the sheet music in the air and Baekhyun could not help but to sigh. It was a hopeless case for Jongdae to move on because one; he was his first love, and second; first love is bitter the second time around if he tries. 'He left you now, okay? Stop acting like your life depended on him.'

'But I missed him.' He pouted, looking down. As he noticed that his eyes were sparkling with possible tears, he could not help but to look at him with pity. 'But missing him won't let you get back to where you were.'

Jongdae knew. He always knew.

But the only question was why? He doesn't understand how the happy relationship he thought he was going to have is going to be crumbled instantly—the only reason he'll give was because of his smile?

'But for him to reason to that sounds like a half- for me,' that was Baekhyun's answer to the questions of his mind. He sighed as he stood up. 'But anyways, he's an .'

'You're being rude.' He glared at him. 'He's nothing like that.'

'Whatever,' He rolled his eyes as he walked away. 'Isn't that an way to break up with you on the wedding night of his bestfriend?'

Before he could answer back, he immediately went outside, his hand clenching into a fist. Jongdae looked down.

He wanted to move on. However, he never knew it is hard when he's still confused of the things in his mind.

The whole campus to Jongdae's eyes was still the same; however the urge to search him was strong on him. Everytime he passes by on each classroom, he was tempted to find his face.

And there was... once.

And it made him cry.

He was passing by when he saw Junmyeon smiling, with a man whom his back faced him. His chestnut brown eyes were starting to water as he saw how bright his smile was, as if there was no problem he was facing.

So their relationship was actually a burden? Jongdae had thought, knowing that he wasn't the reason of his smile anymore. He ran away, and laughed bitterly between his sobs as he stopped.

He could not believe. His title as the smiling sun was placed on his of an ex, who was like the happiest right now. How can he forget the fact that he was responsible of making him suffer like this?

love, he thought. He won't look at it again. He swore love hurts.

However, he had actually realised that he is bad at keeping promises.

Baby-faced. Handsome. Those were the words that were attached on his mind as soon as he arrived to his apartment. His legs were tired as he got off from work, but the scene at the university was making him plaster a huge grin on his face. He swore he could not believe it when he was just walking down, when on the flower shop in front of the gate was a man wearing their uniform, smelling a stalk of a pink daisy on his hand. He froze on where he sat as his calmed face—with eyes closed—smelled the flower, possibly inhaling the pollen inside. As he opened his eyes, he was in awe—the cat-like eyes were really complimenting his soft skin and plump cheeks. He was smaller than him; and God, he looks like a baby. A huge smile was on his face as he stared at the ceiling, his body lying on the bed. But it later faded as he remembered; he is falling in love again. He can't be.

His fear of falling in love was engulfing him again, and he knew it was the best to keep those blooming feelings away. But the strong aura was still there.

ing hell, he had thought once.

'Do you know a guy who has cat-like eyes?' He asked Baekhyun one time out of nowhere as they were walking around the campus after their practice, making the man look at him with an unbelieving look. Jongdae always knew that Baekhyun surely knew him. He was an active social butterfly and a chatterbox. 'Well, well, looks like you've moved on now.'

'No,' He pouted at him with his eyebrows furrowing. 'I'm just asking if you knew.'

'Did you mean that guy?' He pointed at two men standing near the cashier's office. It was the baby-faced man, along with another man wearing all black, slightly taller than him. He was in awe seeing his pure innocent face, as if he was seeing a true angel in front of him. 'What's his name?'

'You're so eager to know the name of your crushie, huh?' He replied with a smug look, making him punch him in the chest. 'That's not it!'

'Okay, fine, fine.' He laughed. 'His name is Kim Minseok.'

Kim Minseok. He repeated it on his mind as he looked above the sky, unaware of what Baekhyun would say next.

'He is currently on his 3rd year in his doctorate in Philosophy. Just a bit half-way to thirty.'

His eyes widened at his words. '3rd year doctorate? Philosophy? Half-way to thirty? That's far from what he looks!'

'I don't know.' He gazed at the two. 'But that's really he is. He's unbelievably young for some reason.'

'That's maybe the reason why I call him baby-face,' Baekhyun moved his eyes to him and gave an amused look. 'You call him baby-face? What a cute nickname to call your crush!'

'Ah, stop it!' He whined. 'He's not my crush!'

They both turn their gaze at the two and Jongdae noticed a familiar face when Minseok's companion moved slightly. 'Isn't that Kyungsoo?'

'Kyungsoo?' Baekhyun's face immediately lit up, and moved his head to search. 'Where? Where?'

'Beside Minseok.'

'Ah, they might be from the same group of friends,' He replied, eyes looking lovingly. 'Look at him, he's so cute.'

'Same group of friends?' He was shocked. 'You meant he's maybe friends with him?'

'Maybe. But I don't think so. It's the first time I saw him hanging around with someone. He's usually alone.' He did not cut off his gaze at the two. 'Plus I don't think his group of friends would expand to the seniors though. Maybe for Kyungsoo, because he's a Literature major.'

He sighed in relief. However, not everything you see is what you think.

From the moment Jongdae had knew his name, he had been stealing glances at him with Baekhyun teasing him endlessly, despite how his head had kept protesting and reminding him that it might be dangerous. But what's forbidden had always been good, and Jongdae had the attitude that's stubborn as a ing bull.

Daisies, from what he had often see him picking on the flower shop outside the campus, was his favorite flower. Especially the pink ones, he would smell it. From different times, he had noticed he was small, his skin was unbelievably smooth, and his hands were incredibly tiny. He thought Mr. Baby-face was a soft-hearted, tiny human being who's intelligent and had a heart for daisies, until one time he wore a muscle tee.

Jongdae's mouth dropped at the sight. It was a marvelous moment.

The baby-faced man was a ing muscle man, his alabaster-like body sculpted like the Greek statues at the nearby museum he's often visit when he's bored. His biceps flexed when he grabbed the jacket on his arm, and the wetness of his hair, a bit of sweat dripping on the tips, made Jongdae bit his lip hard, his eyes looking down against the temptation.

But holy , it was harder avoiding it than the complex concertos he had tried with his fingers.

The frustrated look of Minseok was all hot for him; he could feel his cheeks burn when he saw his narrowed eyes. The lines of his body were traced as his shirt hugged around it, his shaped by the sweat pants was hugging his waist—Jongdae could not help it; he was really hot.

Maybe he developed a crush. Or even worse.

That's why he felt like this shouldn't be happening once he met him personally and finally, with him smiling so bright and happy.


this is not the first time--truthfully i've loved and parted
but it's hard, please believe in me, you are different


'He's cute.' His eyes were on the man playing piano on the stage while Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was focused on the performance instead of the performer. 'I want to date him.'

'What are you saying, hyung?' he asked as soon as heard him and furrowed his eyebrows at the expression of the elder; it was playful. He giggled. 'He looks able in the sheets.'

'What the ?' He spoke, voice low. A hand met his face, smacking it. 'Just joking. That guy's cute to date.'

'Oh, him?' He asked, unsure. He had remembered, Minseok never knew about what happened between that boy and Junmyeon; all he knew was that there was this cute sweeping off his feet. 'Are you sure about that?'

'Yeah,' He cocked him an eyebrow. 'What makes you think so? You knew me, penguin.'

'Nothing. But argh, stop calling me a penguin.'

'Fine.' He turned his attention back to the pianist. 'Do you know who this cutie is?'

'Yeah. Kim Jongdae.'

'Sweet!' He immediately stood up, making Kyungsoo confused. 'Where are you going, hyung?'

He was left dumbfounded by his answer. 'Going to get some lessons to that cutie. Sure he's worth it.'

Jongdae couldn't believe it.

It was on his recital when he played Moonlight Sonata, and was laid back until the professor approached him, with a small human wearing a suit following him. When his cat-like eyes met his, he immediately froze. He could feel his heart experiencing palpations looking at the beautiful man beside him with a cute smile on his face.

Kim Minseok, he remembered. The professor told him that he was approached by him, asking to meet him person, making Jongdae sweat himself even more. His eyebrows were raised in disbelief. 'Really?'

'Yes.' It was Minseok's reply, voice light but tenor. Jongdae could feel his emotions go wild, as if he was a kid meeting an idol, or even better, get closer to his crush. They exchanged greetings and introduced themselves to each other, with Jongdae being all shy whilst the older was confident to the extreme.

'Your performance was really absorbed by the audience and they were really moved by it.' spoke the professor while Jongdae was trying to look at him properly with a smile while trying to avoid the gaze of Mr. Baby-face that was boring in him. 'And the reason Minseok approached me is because he was interested in piano after seeing your performance.'

'Really?' The baby-faced man nodded. 'I was wondering if you could teach me how to do it.'

'Uh...' He was becoming confused why it had led to this. 'Sure...?'

'Don't worry,' He smiled. 'I will pay.'

'Oka—'

'And FYI, I'm older than I look.'

Then there started what Jongdae would call his start of moving on.

Minseok was a fast learner; even though his hands were the tiniest of man he'd ever seen, but they were capable of pressing the ivory keys fast and they were able to advance up to the major scale, making him think that this ability was unbelievable. They would often meet in Saturdays or even a bit on their vacant time on the piano room.

'You're a fast learner, Minseok. Did you have lessons before me?'

'Ah, no.' He shook his head. 'But I learned piano when I was still in primary school. I stopped in middle school.'

'Why did you stop?' His fingers absentmindedly touched his own. 'I never had an actual interest in piano, not until now.'

'Ah, I see.' He spoke, trying to arrange the sheets properly at the same time trying to avoid the fact that Mr. Baby-face was sublimely flirting with him. 'So, hyung, what are your interests besides piano?'

A smirk appeared on his face; the one with a flirty hint. Jongdae gulped. This guy was naughty.

'Not to be precise that much, but I'm really that interested in you.'

'Are you flirting with me?'

'What makes you think I am?' He cocked him an eyebrow, smirk still on his face.

Jongdae ignored him, eyes focused on the piano. In the following days, however, he had a hard time trying to concentrate on teaching him the piano properly, the person he had been teaching was too flirty, and would eventually move himself closer to him, along with sweet words... and corny jokes.

He immediately tried to remove those thoughts by actually focusing on his part-time job; the purple and pink-stripe shirt was hugging his arms and the navy-blue jumper was tightening around his waist, along with the silly hat which became the trademark of the shop. A sigh went out as he saw himself on the mirror, eyes focused on the hat. It was the same hat that started everything, along with his relationship falling out so sudden he didn't have the time to prepare the heartbreak.

The store hours were still the usual from what he had seen before; toys scattered everywhere with children playing around, on the corner were a huge commotion of parents with phone cameras filming their kids along with some name-calling and the typical and noisy 'look here's, and his co-workers with gloomy eyes tiredly arranging the mess and entertaining costumers.

He was busy picking up the puzzle mats that were removed by the kids themselves when a light timbre of a male voice reached his ear. 'Excuse me, how much does it cost to play for an hour?'

'Do you have a child, sir?' He immediately turned his head to see Minseok on the line, talking to the cashier. He gave a small smile and shook his head. 'No, I just wanted to play.'

'But this is exclusively for children.' replied the cashier, whose voice felt sorry. Minseok gave an 'Oh’—along with the most innocent look he had seen on his face. To his surprise, he met his gaze and winked at him before walking out.

Everyone was looking in awe as he walked away, and Jongdae's phone rang.

You look cute in your uniform, and we might look cute with our kids too, you think? ;)

He could help but to smile and shake is his head in disbelief.

This guy was far the worst that he had ever imagined.

'Music is really nice.' Minseok spoke one day when they were at a coffee shop, taking a break from their lessons. He stirred his Americano while Jongdae was busy scrolling down on his phone, sipping away the cup of iced latte on his hand. 'What do you mean hyung?'

'Music is calming to my nerves like coffee,' He replied as he placed his cup on the plate. 'It's really nice.'

His hand was held by Jongdae's suddenly. 'Why don't you go to a music shop?'

'A what?'

'A record store.' He smiled. 'That's what makes you indulge even more in music.'

'But I would probably end up listening to DBSK, though.'

'DBSK?' He asked confused, making him laugh. 'Another name for TVXQ, idiot.'

'I'm sorry,' He threw his hands on the air. 'I didn't know!'

'Fine, fine.' He crossed his arms and leaned on the table, his cat-like eyes showing. 'So, won't you mind telling me at bit about yourself?'

'Promise me you'll tell yours?' He asked innocently, making him wheeze. 'What?'

'Okay, okay, fine. I will. Start.'

'My name is Kim Jongdae.'

'I knew that.'

'September 21.'

'Birthday?'

'Yeah, why would I spit a date out of nowhere?' Minseok choked on his coffee. 'Enough with the sass, dammit!'

'I like the color pink.' He tapped the table with his fingers. 'And I like indie artists and ballad singers.'

'Such as?'

'10cm. K. Will.'

'Never heard of them. That guy's overrated.'

'That's why they're indie artists.' He rolled his eyes. 'You can't do that to the legend himself.'

The two continued living in a calm relationship as a teacher and a student—with Minseok updating him on his finds on the record store beside his apartment that weren't DBSK, and Jongdae teasing him that he might be in torture for not being in TVXQ haven.

It was okay for Jongdae to stay in that way. He was fine. However, when something starts, like a blooming flower it grows eventually.


i'm not enough of a man, i couldn't be honest
i didn't know how i felt, i'll say all the words i couldn't
before it's too late


It was his birthday, Jongdae thought about it for a thousand times with his mind; it was really hard to compress the pressure of holding back when he could know all about Minseok little by little. He was trying hard not to fall for that pretty fairy-like face, especially those cat eyes that were mischievous, but it was really hard.

'Mom, I won't be celebrating my birthday today.' He spoke, phone sandwiched between his ear and shoulder while his free hand was fixing his hair. A disappointed sigh was heard on the other line, followed by a whining voice. 'Ah, why?'

'I'm not in the mood today,' He replied, trying to sound convincing despite spewing lies. 'Plus I have to practice for the next week's presentation.'

'Are you sure you aren't lying Kim Jongdae?' There was a stern tone on her mother's voice. 'Are you doing something with someone I don't even know about?'

He laughed. 'No, mom. Baekhyun's going to be with me later.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, mom.'

'Did you prepare condoms?'

'Excuse me, what?' He giggled at the question his mother asked. 'Are you implying that I will have with Baekhyun afterwards?'

'No, son. Apparently I was thinking you're going to hook up with girls on a club later on.' Her tone started to have worry, but later on had changed back to stern. 'You know I don't like that joke, Matteo.'

The smile on his face fell down, making him seam his lips at his mother's answer. 'I know. Goodbye, mom.'

'Goodbye. Happy birthday, son.'

'Thank you.' He could feel his throat becoming dry upon hearing his mother's hatred for homouals. The fact that her own son was a homoual was something he had been hiding from her. He was glad that he was able to live away from them for college, making him have the freedom to be his own.

He cancelled everything that was about to bug him today; even Baekhyun's plan on having a hot pot together was called off by him, and his bestfriend had an instant hint on that, teasing him about Minseok. He could not help but to smile as everything was going as what he had planned smoothly, but he was scared at the same time.

He knew it could be worse than heartbreak to have himself getting rejected on his birthday, but he was willing to take a risk. Nothing's wrong if he tries, right?

There were different people passing around him as he walked around, trying hard to find the record store Minseok kept talking about the other day. Mr. Baby-face had planned to let him see the store and had agreed to meet him outside. A huge smile was on his face as he walked around, his eyes twinkling in excitement. The pavement was a bit cold, but it felt warm for him as soon as he met the cat-like eyes of him, and there he thought the world had stopped.

Minseok was wearing a beanie, his whole body being wrapped as if he was a little kid, making the younger stare at him in awe. In his hand held a cup of coffee, steam visible outside that were around his face. A smile appeared as soon he realises that he has arrived. 'Ah, Jongdae.'

'You look like a kid, Minseokkie.' He scrunched up at the nickname. 'What the hell is that nickname?'

'Nothing.' He smiled. 'It fits you.'

'Whatever.' He said before gobbling up the coffee and throwing to the trashcan nearby. 'Let's get inside and start the date, shall we?'

Jongdae laughed in his amusement. 'You think this is a date?'

'Yeah.' He replied as he pulled the glass door open. The music store was small, records of solo singers and groups along with international stars were all around, stacked and arranged messily, making Minseok look bored. 'Despite I loved the music here, I just can't really stay that long because....'

He whispered on his ear. 'Their cleanliness and they don't arrange them properly.'

Jongdae could not help but laugh. 'So you really loved to clean, hyung?'

'Of course, I can't stand dirty places,' He replied, going over to the corner where a familiar artist was placed, making the younger laugh when he realises it was the elder’s favorite. Minseok held an album and looked at it in surprise. 'Oh, look, it's their new album!'

Minseok's face fell as he slowly realised. 'Sadly, I can't buy it.'

'Then I will buy it for you.' Jongdae replied with a serious look on his face, making him shake his head. 'No, it's okay.'

He was about to place back the album when he was stopped by two big hands, making him sigh. 'I'll buy for myself later on, Jongdae.'

'No, I insis—' He placed his finger on the top of his mouth, silencing him. He went nearer to his face as soon as he removed it, making their faces have a few inches in distance. 'No, you don't.'

'Yes, I will.' He cocked him an eyebrow, but he replied with a smirk. 'Don't you know what day is it today?'

'September 21. My birthday.' He replied, eyes were trailing down on Minseok's pinkish lips. 'Right. So please don't buy me that album.'

He then placed it carefully back on the rack and walked away, unaware that the younger had took them, along with the 10cm album he had grabbed on his sight. A smirk was on his face.

The two had spent most of their time on the record store, carefully listening to the songs Minseok had chosen. He had fun, but considering how often the older would smile, pout, and point at everything using his lips, he wondered how soft it was if he kissed him. But he had blushed thinking back, almost making the older wonder.

As they listened, there was one song that had hit Jongdae close to home.

Your small, cold hands and trembling lips 
Able to carry on as if nothing has happened 
Are you afraid of remembering someone? 
Struggling to swallow the words bubbling up to your lips

The song was trying to narrate what his past have happened, making him stare, spaced out. The words were hitting and it was all right; he was really afraid in remembering him, but slowly, he was trying so hard to find love that would mend his broken heart.

He had loved. He didn't want to break his heart again.

'What's the title of this song, Minseokkie?' He asked, voice cheerful despite his insides were shaking. 'Oh, Love in the ice, TVXQ. Why?'

'Nothing,' He replied, removing the headset before giving out an exasperated sigh. 'Can we get food?'

'Uh, sure.' He replied, repeating the same thing Jongdae had done. 'Is there something wrong, Jongdae?'

'Nothing's wrong, hyung.' He rubbed his stomach and scrunched his nose. 'I'm just hungry, that's all.'

Minseok would've thought that it would become a very awkward situation when they had entered the restaurant that was blocks away from the store, but he was wrong.

Jongdae was all smiles despite his insides were broken and in their mealtime, he had learned so much about Minseok.

Kim Minseok was a doctorate, he knew that. He liked the color blue and soccer. He loves blueberry and would eat everything with that flavor. He had a part time job as an assistant on the public library, and he has an addiction to cleaning.

'There's one thing I have to warn you,' He spoke, twisting his food with the fork. His look was serious as Jongdae gazed at him. 'I have anger issues.'

'But you're still cute though.' The younger replied as he poured soda on his glass, but the older shook his head in disbelief. 'Let's be serious about this. I get angry easily.'

'I know,' He looked at him in the eye for a second. 'And I do understand.'

'You do?' He asked curiously while he nodded his head before taking a sip. 'My brother has anger issues too so I know how it feels.'

He was taken back. 'I… I see.'

As soon as he finished eating, he immediately stood up, making him furrow his eyebrows as he looked up. 'Where are you going?'

'I'm going somewhere,' He replied, bringing the bag of albums with him. 'Hyung, enjoy your food. I'll be right back.'

'Are you sure you're not leaving me?' His eyebrows were raised in worry, but Jongdae smiled and waved at him before walking away. 'I won't, I promise.'

His eyes trailed as he slowly walked outside the restaurant, trying hard to find the flower shop his eyes had caught attention to. To his surprise, the shop was about to be closed at the time he thought they would be. Hurrying, he went inside to meet the old woman bringing pots inside. 'Excuse me, excuse me!'

'Ah, the shop alrea—' the woman was about to turn her body when she suddenly bumped into his chest, and looked into his smiling face with a bored look. 'The shop is already closed, young man.'

'I know,' He replied pointing to the stalk of daisies on the corner not far from them. 'Can I buy one?'

'But for the last time—'

'I know, I know.' To the woman's surprise, he had bent his knees at her and pleaded; 'Please, just let me buy one. I want to surprise someone.'

Looking at his face and listening on his words, the woman's face lit up, almost catching the hint he had been implying. 'You're going to confess, aren't ya?'

He was taken back from what she had said, making him stand straight and scratch his back, with an awkward and shy smile appearing on his face. 'Yeah.'

'You can get all those for free if you want.' She pointed with her lips, making him look at with amusement. 'Really, ahjumma? Thank you, but I would still take one stalk and pay.'

She smacked his face with her glove-clad hand. 'Yah, just grab one and leave! Hope she’ll accept it!'

Jongdae laughed at her response, making him run and grabbed a stalk of pink daisy, and had discreetly placed money beside it before going outside with a snicker. Slowly, he hid the flower under his clothes and went back with a smile on his face.

'Did you just smoke weed?' was the first thing Minseok asked as soon as he returned with a smile on his face. His smile was ing suspicious, as if he knew something was going to happen later on. But Jongdae did not answer but instead had looked at him, making them look at each other before he threw his chopsticks at him.

'What was that for?'

'How high are you, Jongdae?' He spoke, noodles still on his mouth. The younger look at him in amusement before laughing. 'You seriously thought I'm high, hyung?'

'Of course!' He replied before sipping the soup entirely. 'You're smiling weird today, to be honest with you.'

'Am I?' The younger smiled at him, his hands on his smiling face as he leaned on the table. 'Yes, you are. Look at that ing smile of yours.'

'Did you just curse at me?'

'Of course, your smile is so bright!'

'Why are you so annoyed?'

'Because your smile brightens up my day like the ing sun!' He replied, eyes glaring in annoyance. But to his surprise, he did not expected him to be flustered, reddish color suddenly appearing on his cheeks. 'See, you're really high, Jongdae!'

'No, nothing.' He stood up. 'Can we just go home now? I will walk you home.'

'What am I, a lady?' He retorted before following him outside. They were both quiet as they walked; Jongdae's hands were becoming sweatier as he gripped the bag, his knees becoming weaker and his heart beating faster. Minseok on the other hand was unfazed, as if it was just a walk home and nothing else. As soon as the two stood by the door, the elder faced him. 'Happy birthday, Jongdae.'

'Thank you, hyung.' A smile crept up his face but then it later fell into a serious one. 'I wanted to tell you something.'

'What is it?' He replied, only to be surprised by a pink daisy in his hand, curving his lips into a smile. 'How did you know I liked daisies?'

'I saw you smelling one outside the campus.'

He laughed. 'A stalker, aren't ya?'

'Nah, just saw you once, that's all.' He giggled before replying. He sighed again, deep breaths and had tried to straighten up, making Minseok confused. 'Please don't think I'm doing this only because it's my birthday, but ever since I saw you smelling daisies outside the campus, I had loved you, hyung.'

Twirling the daisy on his hand, he immediately froze, his eyes turned to his, locked. He was speechless, considering he had the bravery to spit it out all this at once, but a smile had started to appear on his face. Jongdae on the other hand, was fidgeting and was hesitant to continue. 'Hyung... before you met me, I had adored you. But I get that I'm the only one confessing, so I don't care if you're going to accept it or not, I'm jus—'

'I get it, I get it,' He reassured him by placing a hand on his tensed shoulders. The younger inhaled sharply, his tangerine hair falling a few strands on his anticipating face. 'Plus, I wanted to say something too.'

'You're scaring me, hyung.' He chuckled at his response. 'Am I that scary? Well then.'

'That's not it!'

'I get it... and please don't get dejected.' Minseok gave him a smile that helped him calm a bit. 'I do love you, too.'

'What?' To his surprise, his face met his small hand. 'I'm telling you that I ing love you too, you dumb !'

He giggled at the angry face of Minseok, which he had found cute. Slowly, he reached for his face and pinched his plump cheeks, carefully caressing its heated, flustered skin. A huge grin was spread across his face as he hugged him tenderly, his heart beating crazy in happiness. 'Please don't break my heart again, hyung.'

The elder moved his head up to his, and asked, confused. 'Why, did someone break your heart before I met you?'

He seamed his lips at his question, his chest feeling tight to the fact that he knew what is going on. He nodded as he pulled him closer to his chest. 'Someone did. But promise me, hyung.'

'I promise.' He smiled before their lips had met. Minseok's lips were soft, from what he had always been expecting, but he didn't expect it to be soft and smooth enough that it was trying to make his knees melt in euphoria. He caressed his face, his hair and his everything. He was really happy. ing happy.

A huge smile smile was on his face as he walked home, a big smile he never showed since the day he gave his love away. His phone suddenly rang, and it was a message from his teasing bestfriend.

FROM: BAEKHYUNNIE 
How did it go with Mr. Baby-face, Chen-chen?

Giggling, he typed, while opening the door of his apartment and slumped his body on his bed with a satisfied smile. Due to his excitement, he did not reply, but had instead, called. 'ing hell, Byun Baekhyun, I confessed and he ing told me that he ing loves me back!'

'He did?' He could hear him laugh, but something was a bit off in it. Instead of asking, he brushed those thoughts off. 'I'm glad you've got a new boyfriend now, Jongdae.'

'But I'm scared, Baek.' He confessed after letting a sad sigh. 'I don't know what will happen next, so I asked him to promise me that he will not break my heart.'

'Are you crazy, Jongdae?'

'But Bae—'

He heard him sigh. 'I understood what you feel after your heart break with Junmyeon, but keep in mind that he's a possible friend of his.'

He seamed his lips and nodded. 'I know. Will always know.'

'But I'm really happy for you, Kim Jongdae.' And there's where his teasing starts. 'I'll be seeing you like father and son, but he's the son and you're the father.'

'Yah, stop it!' And all he could hear was him laughing hard. Jongdae stared at the ceiling of his apartment, his eyes looking with satisfaction and his smile making a huge part of his face. He is fine, he had thought, as long as Minseok had promised not to break his heart.

Nothing's going to happen when he's promised, right?

But Jongdae was unaware that Minseok wouldn't break his heart, but his life.