first love (prequel, part I)

The Eyes That Lost You

 how nice would it be if i could reach you
even in my dreams, if i could stay one more night


Junmyeon was too distracted in his class.

It was the same morning when he had walked up to the stairs towards his classroom when he suddenly saw a guy running faster than him; a silly hat of the typical clown-in-the-box sitting on his head while bouncing on every moment. Luckily, no one noticed due to him speeding but it made the latter wonder to himself why he was distracted by it.

As far as he can remember, the boy, possibly a few years younger than him, was tall, had thin eyebrows and pink lips, and had that prominent permed hair. Junmyeon tries to think again, even harder, on what was the reason this stranger of a boy was starting to stick in his mind instead of the lesson the professor was disscussing.

He looks like a ing clown, why the is that on his head?

Kim Junmyeon was on his third year in college. Ever since he was a kid, he had opted to be an opera singer, thus to his growing adult years, he had chosen to study in Performing Arts. There was nothing special around it, but as long as there was singing into it, he had hugged it as if it was something precious to him. He was a theater actor, despite singing was his passion, he had started to love the art of acting too. Junmyeon was not also someone who had a passion, he was also someone everyone had passionately looked their eyes at. Oblivious to the fact that he was an apple to the eyes secretly gazing, he had lived a life as a glassed college student with friends.

A few moments afterwards, he sighed, removing the glasses from him. He then massaged the bridge of his nose, hoping that it would lessen the memory of the boy running across the hallway with a big smile on his face, but he was wrong.

Instead it was getting worse.

To his frustration, he gave a little grumble, causing Sehun, his donsaeng, notice. He scooted nearer before asking 'Anything wrong, hyung?'

He shook his head, but a curve appeared on Sehun's mouth as he knew he was lying. 'Quit lying, hyung. I know there's something in your head.'

'Quit it, Sehun.'

'Well unless you tell me what's inside your mind, I guess.' Junmyeon could not help but stare at the younger man in disbelief. 'Excuse me, what?'

Sehun had ruffled his brown hair as he placed his head on the table while looking at him. 'Spill the tea, hyung. I deduct that you have girl problems.'

'So you're acting like a detective now, huh?' He retorted after he scoffed. 'I have no time for relationships, Sehun. You know how I'm committed to this.'

'Committed my ,' He replied, looking at the professor. 'You're distracted now.'

'It's just nothing, Sehun.'

'Ah,' He started to whine. 'Just tell it already!'

'Fine, fine.' He shook his head. Sehun had the manner of being treated like a baby, plus his nature of being stubborn made it harded for the man to say no to him. He sighed again. 'There's a boy who I saw a while ago.'

'And?' He asked, discreetly fishing out the phone from his pants.

'I...' He doesn't want to tell everything now. It's weird. 'I can't get him out of my head.'

To his surprise, Sehun gave a hearty laugh. It was loud that it made everyone, including the professor, placed their attention on him. Ashamed, he bowed his head repeatedly and uttered a sorry. Junmyeon looked at him confused as soon as he took out his phone after snickering. 'What are you doing?'

'I better tell Chanyeol-hyung about this.' He opened his phone with a huge grin on his face. '40,000 won, come to daddy!'

'What are you talking about? What's with Chanyeol?'

His eyes trail down on his phone, where he saw the caller ID of Chanyeol appearing. He sat confused as the younger man placed it nearer on his ear, smile becoming larger than ever. 'Hyung, hyung, my 40,000 won.'

To answer his question, Junmyeon had scooted closer to him. 'Why?'

'It's confirmed. Hyung's gay!' He replied with a giggle, making him widen his eyes. 'Now, later give me--'

Junmyeon grabbed his phone in no time. 'What are you doing?'

'What?'

'You've placed a bet on me?'

Sehun rolled his eyes at him. 'Of course. We had an argument before whether you're gay or not, so we placed a bet.'

'Wow, you really are good friends.' He replied, sitting back with pure disappointment on his face. 'Did Kyungsoo join?'

He shook his head. 'He said that he shouldn't be involved in childish acts like this.'

'Well, he's right, actually.'

'But hyung, are you really gay?'

He sat silent for a moment, looking down to think. Is he gay? 'I.. I don't know.'

'Really? Then why are you thinking about that boy?'

'I don't know. I just saw him walking with a smile on his face. Plus he had curly hair and a funny hat.'

'Then you are gay. I conclude it as a man.'

'Excuse me.' He leaned in closer to him, speaking sarcastically. An eyebrow was lifted. 'But having a gives you no power to say which is gay or not.'

'But still, you're pretty gay, hyung.' He ignored him, slowly moving his head on the board. Sehun looked at him mischeviously, as if he knew there something. Slowly raising his head, he placed his arms on the table while looking at him with a smile. 'I think I know him, hyung.'

Junmyeon ignored him.

That made him smile even more, forming cresent in his evil face.

'Kim Jongdae. Second year. Conseratory of Music.'

Despite he ignored his words again, Junmyeon could not help but to keep in mind the name of the guy who stole his attention.

Kim Jongdae. A conservatory student.

Junmyeon could not help but to shake his head. A music student with a funny hat? This must be a joke.


It was another tiring day for the man with a funny hat.

He made an embarrassing mistake as he ran on the way his class. He had slept with a hat as he reached to his apartment after his work and forgot to remove it as he rushed to go to the university. He ran, a huge smile appearing on his face, while forgetting the fact that he didn’t take a bath.

Yes, that sounds gross to everyone, but it was fine for him. It's just his second time. But for him not to up his scholarship, he goes to school early just to study for his future. His curls bounced as he reached the stairs, with his grey shirt flying. He stopped as soon as he saw the blond walking out the door. 'Baekhyun!'

'Ah, Jongdae!' He shouted, leaning on the wall. As soon as he stopped right in front of him, he looked at him from head to toe before laughing loud, making everyone turn to him, which he ignored. He then placed a finger on his nose with a disgusted look. 'You didn't shower, did you?'

He nodded like a kid. 'Told you!'

Kim Jongdae was an ordinary college student. He studied in the conservatory of Music, and had juggled study and work at the same time. In the morning, he is a full-time student who is trained in vocals and piano, while in the evening he works on a toddler house, where children would be playing for an hour with toys while their parents would look at them with awe. With the arms and legs that supported him, every day was nothing but tiring.

Jongdae looked at him and whined. 'Can you stop complaining? It's just my second time anyway!'

'Well, well... Anyway.. wow you're not late like the usual.' Byun Baekhyun, his bestfriend since childhood, commented. 'But despite not showering, you look hot.'

'Are you flirting with me?'

'What makes you think I'm flirting with you?' He hit his chest playfully with his small hands Jongdae described as 'pretty'. 'Just sock up the compliment, Jesus!'

Jongdae didn't reply as he went inside the room. Sitting there was a piano they used for their lessons, and he was tempted by the sunlight hitting the smooth black cover, making it shine.

'Jongdae, don't do it.' He turned to see Baekhyun holding his wrist. He pouted. 'Can't I just sit and play before the professor comes?'

'You know what happened the last time you did that.' spoke Baekhyun in a stern voice. His grip on his wrist was becoming tighter as he tried to let go. 'No, don't!'

'Ah, no!'

'Yes, just be a good kid.'

'I am not a ing kid, Jesus!' It was a game of push and pull, Baekhyun tried so hard to resist and pull the man from getting near the instrument. But the man's strength was too strong. 'Ah, Kim Jongdae!'

Jongdae ran to the black piano, eyes glistening along with the huge smile on his face appearing. He loved the piano, ever since he had touched it with his tiny fingers when he was five; at his grandparents' house that was now a demolished piece of land sitting in the outskirts in Samsung-dong. He lifted the cover, only to reveal a set of black and white keys in front of him. How happy was he when his long, slender fingers had touched the ivory keys, pressing a bit of pressure to produce a sound.

Everyone's eyes were fixated on him, while Baekhyun stood in front of him, embarrassed. His cheeks grew a rosy color as he softly played the piano. He started, hesitatingly, with just a key.

C.

Then he continued with a major.

For so many times, ever since he had seen the piano, he had wanted to perform the piece he had loved that had reached his ears since childhood. The piece he had wanted to play with his own hands ever since he had heard it from them.

La bohéme, 'O soave fanciulla, Puccini. Act I.

His hands had played the piece softly, with everyone's eyes diverting into him. Every second, Baekhyun could not help but to have his second-hand embarrassment fade, the way Jongdae had played it calmed him; even better when the latter closed his eyes and smiled while swaying. He whispered while feeling the music, 'ing hell, this kid is too stubborn.'

It was all good and calming until the professor showed up.

'You're really an idiot,' commented Baekhyun as soon as Jongdae went out the professor's office. 'You know what will happen, but still you did it, .'

'I know... but I fear it this time.'

'Why?'

'He gonna drop me on the recital if I do it again.' He replied, lips pouting, making Baekhyun mess his hair with his hand. 'Ah, that's okay. Just don't do it again, okay?'

He nodded, lips still pouting in color pink as possible. The curls on his hair were bouncing as he nodded, and had continued as they both walked. They stopped as soon as Baekhyun then pressed his body on the wall, making the younger look at him in confusion. 'There he is.'

'Who?' He looked around, only to see a group of people walking toward him. They were in contrasting, assorted heights: a tall, orange-haired man, a small, bald one with big cheeks but with a stoic expression, another man with an extremely tall height, and prominent large ears sticking out his cap. And finally, a not-so-short man with glasses.

Jongdae blinked at the sight of him. He was pretty.

'What do you mean 'he'?' He asked as the four moved past them unnoticed. Baekhyun turned to him with a smile and sparkling eyes. 'Ah, Kyungsoo looks cute today!'

'What Kyungsoo?' He looked at tall man with large ears and pointed his back. 'Is that the guy with yoda ears?'

He swept his hand playfully. 'No, the bald head.'

'The one who looks blank?' He nodded. 'Is he your crush?'

'No?'

'What?'

'He looks like a penguin!' He exclaimed while peeking at the group walking away with their backs facing them. 'He looks like an egg to me.'

Baekhyun glared at him. 'Whatever.'

'Whatever you say,' He replied, standing in front of him. 'I guess we're late for our vocal classes, huh?'

As they walked the opposite of where the group had walked off to, Jongdae could not help but to have the boy with glasses be imprinted on his head.

That guy was ing pretty.


i remember you with my eyes and i trace you with my mind and i feel warm
if you feel the same as i do, please remember me


 'You said his name was Kim Jongdae, right?' spoke Chanyeol as the three of them sat on one of the canteen tables, eating. Kyungsoo arrived with a bored look, knowing the topic of their conversation would be about Junmyeon, and had sat beside the giggling Sehun. 'Yeah, I often see him working on that store. Thanks for the prize money, by the way!'

Chanyeol groaned while Junmyeon looked annoyed as he played with his food. As he noticed it, he grabbed his wrist and pointed the food along with the stern look appearing his face. 'You're not a kid anymore, hyung. You don't play with food, Jesus!'

He rolled his eyes in reply and pouted. 'It's just... argh, I can't get him out of my head!'

'Just keep thinking about him.' Kyungsoo suggested as he clicked his chopsticks. 'It will fade, rather than trying to forget; it will lead to a permanent picture in your head.'

'Are you doing that with Chanyeol-hyung, too?' asked Sehun, who was all giddy. He earned a glare from Kyungsoo and a surprised look from Chanyeol. 'What?'

'Nothing,' He turned his attention to eating his food. While Junmyeon then asked, 'Where's Minseok-hyung by the way?'

'He's on his doctorate so he's busy,' replied Chanyeol as he took a bite from his burger. Sehun on the other hand, smirked as he drew his face nearer to Junmyeon, who in the other hand, was starting to eat with a thoughtful face. He chirped, 'Why are you changing the topic, hyung?'

'Just tell us the story of your dream boy, hyung.' spoke Kyungsoo. 'Don't be a pusillanimous .'

Everyone was in awe. But Kyungsoo was studying Literature, no wonder his words were out of this world.

'Ah,' Junmyeon started, staring the white finish of the table in order to dodge the piercing stares of his friends. 'He had permed hair.'

'Oh, a curly guy. Does he sing?'

'I… I don't know!' He replied, flustering. Sehun could not help but to laugh at his reaction. 'You're really are something, hyung. '

'W-what?'

'Look at you flustering!' He replied, placing a hand on his mouth as he giggled. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, however, turned at him with bored looks. 'Since you know, Sehun, does this Jongdae sing?'

He paused. 'Ah, yes. He sang a song from Madame Butterfly on their recital last year. It was pretty clean and gosh, that guy had the talent in playing the piano, too!'

'Really?' The three asked the youngest in unison. 'Yeah... but didn't we perform in that recital too?'

Junmyeon blinked his eyes. 'What?'

'The recital... your class performed The Storm and Silence... last year?' asked the tallest.

He gave an 'Oh.'. 'I guess I just noticed him until now.'

'Which human being caught the attention of my little Junnie?' Everyone's heads turned to the short jacket-clad man who was right beside Junmyeon. A hand was placed in his shoulder and a huge, kind grin was across his face. 'Ah, Minseok-hyung.'

'It's nothing, hyung.' replied Junmyeon as he sighed, pinching his forehead. On the other hand, Chanyeol protested, 'It's not that it's nothing, hyung! He got some boy problems!'

'Boy problems?' Minseok asked, eyebrows raised in confusion making Sehun smirk mischievously. 'It looks like he got a crush by a passerby from the conservatory.'

'Really?' He asked, amused. His eyes then trailed a group of students he recognised as his classmates and turned to them with a sigh. 'I want to talk much more, but class is starting. See you next time!'

'Bye, hyung!' They all waved their hands and turned his heads in unison as the man walked away. Chanyeol shouted, 'Keep up the good work, Minseok-hyung!'

'I will, thank you!' He shouted back before walking away out from their sight. Kyungsoo then drew himself nearer. 'You're not a social butterfly, Sehun. How come you know the conservatory student?'

'Simple.' He showed a smile different from the usual. 'He had this loud friend.'

Day by day, as Junmyeon would realise, he had been longing to see the perm-haired boy with a smile. In his dreams, he had tried to remember his face again, and again.

Kim Jongdae. The brown perm-haired boy of the Conservatory of Music.

As he sleeps into his slumber up to the time he opens his eyelids to the sunlight stinging his skin on his room, a smile was plastered on his face. He doesn't know why, but it had budded a feeling on his chest just by thinking about that boy. Every night in his dreams, he had tried remembering everything; the beautiful length of his eyelashes along with the soft look of his chestnut brown eyes, the way his nose was sculptured like the Greek marble statues he had seen in museums and the alabaster skin kissed by the sun along with his kissable lips painted in warm pink were all flashing back.

He had tried to reach a hand to him in his slumber, but it ended up in shattering frustration as the man grew farther and farther, as if he was out of his reach.

And that's how he realised; Junmyeon was close to his little crush on a boy the distance like two countries separated by an ocean.

What's worse is that the boy doesn't even know him.

He could not help but to sigh. What a dreamer.

But his frustration had started to enlighten a little bit as soon as heard the professor announcing on them acting the Last Kiss on the recital. His eyes brightened, as what Sehun had noticed ever since the professor mentioned it, and he could not help but to laugh.

He is really in love at all; he's just unaware of it.

The whole night, Junmyeon was not able to fall asleep due to the overwhelming joy his ears have heard. A huge grin was on his face the whole week, and the three of his friends found it new to see him smiling as large as the tacos they've been eating.

He was really happy that he stood up from his bed, sat on his study table and began writing.

Dear Jongdae. Those were the first words he wrote from the ink of his fountain pen gifted by his father on his graduation, and a smiling Junmyeon was on his study table, words illuminated warmly by the lamp beside him.

There were times that he would steal glances and glimpse on the Conservatory where he'd been sneaking from the day he had knew the room where he often practice. Jongdae was oblivious to the fact that there were eyes looking at him discreetly with affection, but he was inspired to play the piece he'd been longing to play because of someone.

He had finally found inspiration in his life to continue it, and it was all thanks to him.

From what Baekhyun heard, the man in glasses was Kim Junmyeon, and was a theater actor. He is known to be one of the eye candies of the campus, and Jongdae could not deny the fact that he was one. His pure alabaster skin had made him look soft along with eyes that cutely folds as he scrunches; his brown eyes that shows its true colors once the sunshine hits his face, and he liked looking at him as if he was the painting of Eugene Delacroix named the Liberty.

To Jongdae, the man with glasses was a masterpiece. He could feel his heart flutter thinking of him.

The fluttering of his heart had turned into wild, loud palpations as his eyes trailed to the door, where the man on his mind stood, wide-eyed, as if he was caught.

He also sat there, agape. His eyes went wide, staring at the other’s brown ones where their gazes locked. He was beautiful, as he had thought as he continued staring at him. He was still wearing his glasses, on which he had noticed, was in silver. The two looked at each other in full silence, only for the actor to look away. When he saw him walking away, he hesitated no more. 'Ah, excuse me!'

Junmyeon turned to him, pure anxiety written in his eyes. 'Y-yes?'

But he chickened out a little. 'Do you want to join me?'

'What?'

'Do you want to join me in playing the piano?' He gave a smile, making Junmyeon feel his cheeks heating. The curls on his lips were making looking innocent, as if Jongdae was a cherub. He wanted to run, but seeing there's no way out, he nodded. Walking towards him, his heart beat was getting louder, as if he was having a heart attack.

He stopped as soon as his legs touched the tiny wooden stool Jongdae was sitting. Clutching the script, he held it closer to his chest and looked at the ivory keys... then to his fingers. His fingers were really beautiful. He really a sculpture.

The silence between them was awkward, as if they were kindergarten students knowing the feeling of love for the first time; flustered red cheeks with hesitant murmurs, along with words that were only few but were hard to say. Jongdae moved his head to him. It was awkward, but he had to make a move. 'You're Kim Jun…?'

'Ah,' He looked around. 'K-kim Junmyeon. How did you know my name?'

He seamed his lips. . 'I heard you were on the lead role for the Last Kiss.'

'Ah,' He smiled, scratching his head as if he was relieved. He could slowly feel his heart calm a little bit. 'You're Kim Jongdae, r-right?'

Despite hearing the stuttering of Junmyeon, he patted the empty seat beside him. 'Sit beside me, hyung.'

The man looked at him, bewildered. A second later, he immediately moved right next to him. Jongdae then started playing with the G major. The man beside him did not have his focus on the piano chords, but the face of the pianist playing it. He breathed out, 'Beautiful.'

He smiled, turning to him. 'I know, right? La bohéme pulls your heartstrings through.'

He blinked as he avoided his gaze in disappointment. He did not mean it that way. 'Y-yeah.'

The two of them sat together in silence, with the piano playing its melody that reached to their ears. Both of them were satisfied, there were more than words that helped express the feelings inside them.

As soon as it ended, they both parted on their own ways the way the whiff of perfume lost its scent in the air suddenly.

There were no following meetings between the two. Everyone in Performing Arts and the Conservatory were busy practicing for the upcoming recital; different expectations were shouldered by the both of them, almost making them work without rest.

Sighing, Junmyeon sat on the benches on the campus, with a bottle of water beside him. He looked up to sky as he leant back, and saw the sunshine placed its light on the leaves of the tree above him, giving shade and luster at the same time. It was warm, not the usual stinging feeling he usually feels after staying under the sun. It was in the middle of the afternoon, and he is tired.

He's tired, plus the frustration forming in him was like a brick thrown on his head. Closing his eyes, he tried to remember the words they had conversed with each other.

'You're Kim Jun?'

'Ah. Kim J-junmyeon. How did you know my name?'

'I—

'Hyung?'

His eyes immediately opened and he sat up, only to see a man with permed hair in front of him, smiling more brightly than the sun. 'Jongdae?'

Their faces were just a meter apart.

Junmyeon's cheeks were starting to heat, however he tried his best to control it. Jongdae sat beside him, holding papers and a cup of iced coffee. 'What are those?'

'Ah, these?' He showed the papers to him. The papers were filled with lines and notes, along with numbers on the side. He read the title with his eyes. 'These are my sheet music.'

'La bohéme? Isn't this the one you played last time?' He nodded. 'I'm going to sing it too!'

'Ah, really?' He nodded again, stretching his feet after placing the cup and the papers between them. Jongdae then leaned back, hair bouncing. 'Isn't the sky so warm today?'

'Yeah.' He looked up to the sky again. This time he noticed the clouds contrasting the blueness of the sky. 'Hyung, have you ever loved someone?'

He looked at him, surprised making the latter laugh. 'It's funny, I'm asking questions even if we just met once accidentally. I'm sorry.'

'No need to say sorry.' He looked at him, reassuring. 'I was just passing by that time.'

'I see.' He replied, looking back to the sky. 'But have you ever loved someone?'

It took Junmyeon a moment. In his mind were contemplation: if he were to talk about it, he might blurt his feelings out. But seeing the man waiting with anticipation, he could do nothing but to start. 'I am someone who commits themselves to their studies. However, this time, I fell in love. They're unreachable. How about you?'

Jongdae could not help but to smile. It was pretty for Junmyeon; for him it was like the sun was placed right before his eyes. 'I liked someone. I saw them by chance walking with friends, and my friend would often scream compliments to the bald one in the form of whispering, but there was one guy who caught my attention. He was pretty.'

'You're gay?' He asked. The way Jongdae described them, it felt like he was describing the group of his friends. A bald one? Kyungsoo? Jongdae smiled at him as he nodded. 'Why?'

'Nothing's wrong. It's just that... ah, no, continue.'

To his surprise, Jongdae sat up, and leaned his face closer to him.

'You're pretty, hyung. Ah, no...' He shook his head immediately, making Junmyeon confused. He then smiled. 'You’re beautiful.'

To their surprise, the sheets flew and fell into the ground. The two of them tried to pick everything up at the same time, only to make them trip and fall to the ground.

It only took a fall to make their lips brush one another.

Kim Junmyeon was above Kim Jongdae, and both of them were wide-eyed in surprise. To lessen the awkwardness; Junmyeon stood up and picked up the papers immediately before bidding a 'goodbye' before rushing away, leaving a dumbfounded Jongdae on the ground.

He tried to run away just to hide the fact that his face was red as a tomato.

The evening afterwards was just him kicking and screaming his bed, like a teenage girl being taken out on a date for the first time. He was extremely happy; full of euphoria that he even thanked all gods he knew and his dead relatives.

He tried remembering everything that happened between them; the softness of his pinkish lips that was as smooth as white chocolate, and the way he had felt his skin under his hold, like crushed velvet. Junmyeon thought that he had kissed the lips of an angel.

But he was too embarrassing; he ran away. He hated remembering that.

And with that, he had decided and gathered the courage to confess to him. But being the chicken that he used to be, he will turn this courage into words.

Into words Jongdae will never forget.


actually, my heart is deep, deeper than the sea
the words that i really want to say is be with me


 It was the day of Jongdae's music recital.

'What are we doing here, hyung?' asked Chanyeol as the four of them sat on the audience. There were people everywhere in the hall, and Junmyeon was anxious. 'I just want to see him perform, that's all.'

'Wait,' Sehun grabbed his knee. 'You two knew each other already?'

He nodded, making him wheeze in return. 'Wow, I never expected a like you would try introducing yourself to him.'

'Can you stop teasing him?' groaned Kyungsoo, cutting them all off. 'It's already starting.'

They all turned to the stage. There was a trail of light spotting the white piano, which was sitting in the middle. Junmyeon's heartbeat was starting to race as soon as a man, in his black tuxedo, had walked his way to where the piano was, sporting a stoic look, with the feeling of seriousness being felt around him. The whole audience was silent, and all Junmyeon could hear was just his heart.

'Performing 'O soave fanciulla from the play La bohéme by Puccini, here is Kim Jongdae performing as Rodolfo.' Claps were heard as he sat on his seat before opening the case. Junmyeon could see him sigh, looking at the piano with a serious look.

'Isn't he going to sing?' asked Chanyeol, who was already scratching the itch he felt from his pants. He then received a pinch on his side by Sehun, causing him to let out a silent whimper, only to gather a small attention from the other two. 'Just wait, hyung. He had a surprise last year.'

'How did you even managed to watch this when you're practicing the Storm and Silence?'

'I was actually bored when we rehearsed, and the fact that my role was just a butler makes it five times more boring.' He replied, leaning back to his seat. Junmyeon, however, did not take his eyes from him, even when Jongdae had touched the ivory keys softly.

And there he started. The way the music had started to overwhelm the audience was also felt by Junmyeon, however the feeling he felt was far different from the spectators or his friends, it was something he couldn't explain.

It was far more unexplainable than words.

Jongdae tried his best not to up or to get distracted. The fact that he knew that Junmyeon was in the audience made it more nervous-wrecking for him.  Every touch or key he had pressed was all dedicated to him, and by just thinking about the next move he's going to make, he wanted to let him know how he feels through it.

Oh lovely maiden? More like Oh, lovely gentleman.

He smiled as he closed his eyes, swaying as he tried to feel the music. His feelings for Junmyeon were getting bigger, and he couldn't believe he made the first move. He was happy; really happy. Ever since the kiss had happened, he was full of energy, as if he had taken too much energy drinks, but it was something he had taken inspiration of.

Kim Junmyeon was his own muse.

As soon as he stopped, he looked at the audience; especially to the man he'd been finding, and smiled, pearly white teeth glistening.

The man in the audience was confused, no one was clapping to the fact that Jongdae was already done. But to his suprise, the man stood up from his seat, and attached a microphone on his face. He seamed his lips and looked at everyone, before he started, with a voice loud as a trumpet, along with the lights turning on, only to reveal an orchestra behind him.

Oh! sweet little lady! Oh, sweetest vision,
With moonlight bathing your pretty face!
The dream that I see in you is the dream I'll always dream!

And just by seeing the shocked face of Junmyeon, he started to sing with his eyes closed, to stop himself from being distracted.

Hyung, I had loved you from the moment I saw you. He wanted to say, he wanted to yell, he wanted to sing. But those weren't enough to let him know everything.

The recital ended, and Jongdae was greeted by a smiling Baekhyun, who was next to perform. 'Are you calling the souls from Underworld, huh?'

'What?'

'Your voice is too powerful, Jesus! I couldn't believe it; still you're pulling the surprise, huh? Good work.'

'Thanks.' He smiled at him, only to have a white envelope tied with a rose be smacked at him. As he caught it with his hands the moment it fell from his face, he asked, 'What's this?'

'A guy from Performing Arts gave me this.' He replied, looking at the item he was holding. His name is Sehun.'

'Sehun?' He furrowed his eyebrows. Baekhyun replied by cocking his eyebrow before poking him. 'Yeah, he told me to give it to you because the person wanted to give it to you got chickened out. Wow, you got a secret admirer, huh? Hail to the king of surprise operas!'

He laughed at his statement. But as soon as he heard the commentator announcing something, he pushed him. 'You better go now, Baek. You're next.'

'Am I?' He turned at the way to the stage. 'I guess I am. Anyway, see you!'

'Good luck, do your best!' He yelled, only to receive an 'I will' from him. He took a look on the letter; color white with a prominent red wax stamp pressed in the middle. He then read the words'O soave signore, Kim Jongdae (Linked to full letter)only to make him laugh.

He walked to the piano room where they first saw each other, only to be met by the wind from the window. He sat on the same stool where they both sat before; the same side where they both listened. He picked the rose that he noticed had its thorns removed, and twirled it between his fingers before smelling it. It wasn't the scent of the flower, but the lingering scent of him was there. He smiled wide and giggled before trying hard to open the letter.

He attempted a few times, only to sigh in defeat. He took a few minutes to find something to open it, as he borrowed a butter knife from the canteen outside the auditorium. A long letter was revealed as he opened it.

Dear Jongdae. Those were the first words he read.

Junmyeon. It was really him.

I love you. Those were the last words, making a tear from his eye fall.

God, he was thankful he made the first move.


should i take courage and tell you?
my ugly handwriting, this embarrassing letter---these four words are not enough
like a man, i’ll show you through my actions


It was the same bench where Junmyeon sat, his fingers were tapping the aged wood furiously, but he wasn't furious waiting, but instead he was angry at himself. He shouldn't have given the letter; and now he'll be meeting him. For some reason, after the Last Kiss, he was met by Baekhyun, who introduced himself as Jongdae's non-blood twin, and told him only three words. Bench. First Kiss. Afternoon. He was bewildered, and asked him to clarify his confusion, but the man winked at him and ran to the door.

And now here he is, waiting on the bench where they first kissed accidentally, hoping to have his confession accepted.

He leaned back to the bench, looking at the sky. There were no clouds, but the sky was becoming a mixture of blue and orange. He sighed. It was the first time he had confessed to everyone, and it was the first time, too, that he gave attention to the spontaneous script of the play called love. He doesn't know what to do; he was just going to where the flow is going.

Only the movement of the lacklustered leaves were heard a while ago, but this time, it had the clicking of shoes on the brick pathway. He moved his head and saw him walking towards him, wearing a white jacket and pants. His hair was still permed, and he displayed a cheeky grin as he went near holding the same cup of iced coffee. Junmyeon had thought that this was a kind of dejá vu. 'Hyung.'

'Ah, Jongdae.' He stood up, motioning him to seat right beside him. Jongdae then placed his coffee not in between, but a few meters beside him before laughing. 'You're too early.'

He furrowed his eyebrows. 'What?'

'Isn't the one who told them which place and time would be the first to arrive in dramas?' He asked, only to be laughed at by him. 'Plus, how did you know it's the same bench?'

'Uh, isn't this the only bench in this place?' Jongdae then turned to look around before giving an 'Oh' in his realisation, only to be laughed at by Junmyeon again. 'Stop laughing at me!'

The older man placed his head back and sighed. 'I think I know the reason why you wanted to meet me, right?'

'Yeah. This is about the letter.' He turned to him. 'You're a funny person.'

'Am I?' He raised his eyebrows at him, still not sitting up. 'It's my first time to hear someone calling me a funny person.'

'Well, it's my honor.' He smiled, his eyes formed into cresents. 'But thank you for telling me everything.'

'Hm?'

'Everything. In your letter.'

'Oh.' He pulled up his glasses a little bit, and pinched the bridge of his nose. 'Jongdae, do you know I hate you?'

Jongdae gave him a confused look. 'I... don't. Do you really?'

'Yeah.' He looked up to the sky. 'Why?'

'I hate you, Jongdae,' He tried to reach the sky by raising his hand in the air, only to look at the alabaster-colored hand he had. 'Because I am in love with you.'

He expected him to say words, but what he heard, to his surprise, was instead a laugh. 'You really are a funny person, hyung.'

'What?'

'You are a funny person. And you know what?'

'Hm?' He asked as he continued to stare at the clouds, trying to hide the fact that he is embarrassed saying those words right in front of his face. Jongdae in the other hand, looked at him with a smile and loving eyes.

'I feel the same way too, hyung.'

A hand crept into his and Junmyeon could feel warmness in it, and the same time his cheeks were furiously blushing. 'Hyung?'

'Ah...' He immediately sat up and turned away from him, trying to hide his flustering face, but with his hand still interlocked with Jongdae's. 'What's wrong?'

'I.. I just...Argh!' He screamed, with too much embarrassment of his blushing face, and at the same time the complete smile in his face. He could not believe it; it was just a mistake and it had turned to something like this.

Maybe creating a mistake isn't always bad.

'Hyung, hyung,' Jongdae spoke, trying to reach his face. It took a few push and pull, to make him in front of him. But as soon as he faced him, he hid with the both of his hands, making Jongdae laugh seeing his ears emitting heat and the color red. He pryed them open until he seen his reddish face looking down. 'Do you love me?'

He did not answer, but seeing him all flustered made him think it was cute. He tried to lower his face to see it, and squeezed his hand. It was too cute. But to his surprise, he nodded. 'I do. Y-you already knew i-it.'

He smiled before holding his chin to lift his face. Junmyeon's eyes were sparkling with embarrassment. 'I know, but you're being cute. I love teasing you.'

'I even hate you more!'

'It's okay because I love you.' He squeezed his hand again, and drew his face nearer to him, only to be separated by a few inches. The huge smile on his face had changed into a curled smirk. He breathed out, 'Can I kiss you?'

He opened his eyes wide. 'What?'

'Can I kiss you? If you're not going to answer, I will kiss you.' He chirped.

'Wa--' He was cut off with a pair of lips touching his forehead. Then to the nose, where he felt his lips bouce, and to his lips, where he felt the softness of it.

It wasn't just a puppy love-type peck. It was a kiss; lips locked in soft movements. His lips were velvetly, and were too soft to be real. He liked it; it was sweet.

Kim Junmyeon could never believe that the boy with a funny hat would become someone special to him.


if i still feel the same, i’ll tell you
honestly, i’m in love with you