Chapter 1

Working with BTS

I landed at Incheon International Airport (Seoul) and is waiting for my luggage. I am half scared, half excited. I do not know how my life will be here because I do not speak the language, but I am excited to work for Bighit and the possibility of working with BTS. I took a taxi to Bighit Ent building and there was a staff waiting in front of the building. I think to myself: "Am I the only intern here or there will be a few others?". Right after that moment, there were 2 other girls walking towards my direction with luggage. They are both so pretty and tall. 

The staff: "Hello! I am your tour guide for today. Welcome to Korea and welcome to Bighit Ent, the house of BTS. Let's introduce ourselves. What are your names?"
The first girl is tall, around 170cm and dresses so fashionable. She has light brown hair with blonde highlights. Her legs are long but well she is tall so it can be the reason. She said: "My name is Park Sora, I am 24 years old. I am Korean but I went to New Zealand for school and I am here for the internship. Nice to meet you all"

Wow, her voice is so cute and girly while I'm here, looking like a potato and extremely tired from the long flight T_T

The second girl: "Hello! I am Zoe and I am from New Zealand. I went to the same school as Sora so we are friends. We are so lucky to be here for this internship and I will work hard. We are hardcore BTS's fans, however, we promise we will not let that takes power. I do not have a bias but Sora's bias is RM."

Zoe is around 175cm and she wore a short with an oversized t-shirt. She has a wavy length pink pastel hair color. 

I think to myself: *I am the shortest here, who wore sweatpants and hoodie because I want to be comfortable on the plane*. I wonder what people's first impressions of me were. Well, let me describe myself a little bit. I am 164cm, I have a long dark brown hair color and it is straight. I am shy to strangers but I am very friendly and easy outgoing. 

I say: "Hello everyone! My name is Jalyssa, I am 21 years old and I have been studying abroad in America for a while now. Please take care of me"

The staff: "Alright everybody. Let's head inside the building and have a tour around the office. We will head to the HR office as the last stop for the interview"

We all follow the staff around the building. I do not recall many scenes being filmed in Bighit Ent's building except for BTS's dance practice room so this is very new to me. We walk around the building then head to the Human Resource office for the interview. It is my turn for the interview first because they pick randomly. I walk into the room and there were two women on the other end of the room waiting for me. I am feeling so nervous all of a sudden. I introduce myself and sit on the chair they provided. 

The staff: "Hello! Welcome to Bighit Ent. You must be very tired from the flight. Out of the two other interns, your flight is the longest. How are you feeling?" 
Me: "Hello! Nice to meet you. I am feeling nervous honestly, and tired too"
The staff: "Alright so we are here to talk about the internship and what you will be working here. We have decided to let all of our interns experience a rotation internship. You will be working for the Events Planning department for a certain period of times, working for the makeup artists as assistant for a period of time, etc. Whatever department needs more help then you will be there for the intern. If the makeup artists need you for 3 months, you will be there for 3 months. After 6 months as an intern, you will be able to choose the department you want to work for the rest of the intern period. Do you understand what I am talking about?"
Me: "Yes, clearly"

The staff continues: "You will need to find a place to stay near the building so it is easier for you to go to work here. You will start next week as you need some times to adjust to the timezone and get your personal stuff. One more thing, since you do not know how to speak Korean, we will offer classes for you to learn Korean here in the company. Do you know BTS and are you a fan of them?"
I think to myself: *OMG!!!! Should I let my fangirl side out or keep it professional? I cannot believe I will be able to work here and might have the possibility to meet them*

Me: "Yes, I do know BTS and I do listen to their music"
The staff: "Very nice! You will be meeting them and working with them as a makeup assistant, event planner, manager assistant, stylist assistant, etc. However, you are not allowed to make the first moves with the artists. You are not allowed to flirt with them first. If you do have the intention of interacting with them as a fangirl here then you might not be the right candidate. We do not have dating rules here because we trust our employees to be totally professional. We trust you as an intern, who comes to Bighit Ent for the purposes of experiences with no bad/benefited intentions. Nothing has been happening ever since BTS debuted until now, the majority of the staffs are already dating someone or married. All BTS members are very professional and they never let any personal feelings get in between also."
Me: "I won't be the person who flirts first because I am so shy. I don't even think I can look them in the eyes"

The staff was laughing cutely and ask: "You are a fan but you that shy?"

Me: "Haha I am shy to everyone"

The staff: "You seem very shy to us too. You can barely look at our eyes. By the way, you are extremely beautiful. You are so elegance!"

Me: "Me? Thank you for the compliments"

The staff: "Alright so today is Thursday. You can come to work on Monday, you will take a picture for the employee ID so dress nicely if you want to. The dress code here is pretty freedom, you can dress whatever you like as long as no ripped pants, no revealing clothes."

I exit the room and immediately went to find an apartment to stay in. Luckily, Bighit suggested a place near the office building and the rent is pretty alright compared to the salary I receive here. The apartment owner said I can move in immediately since nobody is in the apartment. I carried all of the luggage in and settle myself on the bed. The apartment is not bad, it was renovated a few months ago so everything is new and furnished. I am so excited about my journey here as an intern. I feel extremely tired so I fall straight into a nap.

I spend the weekend just exploring the city and did a few shopping trips for my first day on Monday. I practice a little bit in front of the mirror, how I would react if I meet BTS and it went smoothly. I guarantee when I actually meet them, it won't be like that. I will probably look at the ground or stumble all over my words lol. Yup, that's my life. On Sunday, I was craving for coffee so I found a beautiful coffee shop. When I was trying to place to order, I heard some employees were whispering to each other in Korean. I suddenly feel so uncomfortable and wasn't sure if I do anything wrong. An employee at the coffee shop said: "You are beautiful" and I replied: "Thank you so much".

After I got my coffee, I walk on the street without any intended destination. I think to myself: *Am I that beautiful? I heard so many compliments ever since I got here*

I got home and sleep early to go to work early tomorrow. I have to be there at 8:00 AM every morning and get off work at 4:00 PM. By the way, I do have overnight schedules if I have too.