unexpected meeting

eyes closed | rosé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chaeyoung  x  jungkook

jungkook is on his way home with a bag full of sweets and ice creams on his hand. he’s quietly hummimg and sometimes does a little dance to the song that played from his earphones.

‘you are the cause of my euphoria~’

just when he walks pass the park, he catch a glimpse of a girl sitting all by herself on one of the bench. what is she doing there alone? getting curious, jungkook decided to approach her. he widens his eyes when he heard the girl’s crying. feeling sympathetic with the girl, he thinks way to comfort her. until his gaze turns to the plastic bag on his hand.

“here.” jungkook said as he hands her a chocolate ice cream.

the girl jumps a bit when she heard jungkook’s voice. she lifts her head and turns around to look at him then at the ice cream. she's pretty but would be prettier without those tears.

“don’t worry, it’s free. take it.” he playfully said and when she finally takes the ice cream, he sits beside her who starts opening the ice cream. “you don’t mind some company, do you?”

the girl shakes her head before has her first bite. she's enjoying the ice cream, while jungkook is busy staring at her face which stained with her tears earlier. he still wonders what it is that make a beautiful girl like her crying all alone in the park at night like this.

“thanks for the ice cream.” she said as she looks at him and showing him her smile. omg.

“it’s nothing.” jungkook smiled at her. “can i ask why’re you crying?”

she sighs as she turns her gaze to her fronth.

“today is my birthday—”

jungkook's face lit up and cut her off. “—ah, happy birthday!”

the girl smiled sadly at him while muttering thanks.

“but i have no one to celebrate it with me because the people i care about the most were already gone last three years, in the exact same day.” her voice cracks when she mentioned the word ‘gone’. “that’s why i always feeling sad and missing them more on every my birthday”

“what happened with them?” jungkook cautiously asked. “well, if you don’t mind me asking.”

“it was when they were about to pick me up from my dormitory for celebrating my birthday. i was waiting for them for almost four hours, until someone from the hospital called me and informed me about their c-car incident.” tears are already flowing again on her cheeks. “that incident took the entire of my family.”

doesn't know what to do, jungkook’s hand is on her back and rubbing it softly trying to comfort the sad girl. silence is engulfing both of them until jungkook has an idea.

“well, i may have a present for your birthday.”

the girl quickly wipes her eyes and looks at him questioningly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter