Eomma

Of Oblivious Stares and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eomma
Word count: 2,113

 

TWO

There are many things that fascinates Eunbi; good food, the ever growing love of the fans, how izone managed to break records every comebacks—she thinks it’s fascinating the way Chaeyeon makes her heart flutters with subtle gestures and soft whispers.

But this, this is more fascinating, she thinks. She reminds herself that her dorm specifically has most of the troublemakers. Yena and Yujin together was more than enough as headaches; the neutrality of Hyewon and passiveness of Chaewon weren’t of big help either. Minju on the other hand—well Minju is just too soft-hearted to help manage the people inside the dorm.

Eunbi blinks at the sight in front of her. It was beyond the word fascinating!

The dorm was neatly cleaned, breakfast (consider 3 layered sandwiches with drawn faces on top with ketchup) ready on the table and members suspiciously behaving in the living room with Hyewon and Yena in front of the screen, game consoles in their hands.

“Oh, unnie! You’re back.” Yujin, as a matter of a fact stated the obvious.

Eunbi usually wakes up early than the other members and annoyingly calls Chaeyeon from the other dorm, convincing the latter to run with her. Both leaders of respective dorms just came from their morning run and as soon as Eunbi stepped into their dorm, she couldn’t help a small gasp escaped her lips.

“Yah, are you kids sick?” She asked in disbelief.

“Why would you say that unnie?” It was Minju who seems to be busy texting, pouted. She was curling to one of the cushions, using the flip phones the management gave.

“Because of these!” The oldest dramatically spread her arms as she walks around the living room to the kitchen.

“And you girls even prepared breakfast!”

“Aren’t you happy then?” Chaewon retorted.

“Yeah, just be thankful.” Hyewon added without looking away from the screen, hands busy with the game console.

“Yah! I am grateful!” Eunbi spat, eyes glaring to each one of them. But the look in her eyes was soon replaced with so much love; the corners of her lips were pulled a small smile.

“Thank you.” She mutters softly, she fixed her gaze on her feet. Shyly she added, “I’m just surprised.”

The members shared knowing looks and they grinned at their leader. If anything, Eunbi is an epitome of cute.

“Eey! Are you embarrass unnie?” Yujin laughed and ran towards Eunbi, engulfing the smaller girl in a bear hug.

“Ahn Daeng-daeng you pig! Get off me!” Laughter escaped Eunbi as she struggles to get out of the giant puppy’s hold.

“Yah! Everyone! Group Hug!” Yujin called which the members were more than happy to respond.

Yena pouts her duck lips, kissing Eunbi’s hair. “Unnie saranghae!”

“No, I love you more Eunbi-unnie.” Chaewon butted in, squishing herself in the hug.

Eunbi couldn’t help but laugh at them. They were young and crazy—and for sure crushing the leader in their tight hugs.

“Ok stop! I can’t breathe!”

 

*

 

It was already evening. Chaeyeon patiently waits for a certain brunette at the nearby convenient store from their apartment complex. She wears a mask and a black baseball cap, a beige coat over her white tee. She pulled her cap low when a group of teenagers entered the store.

She checked her phone again; her eyes travelled on the time and sighed.

“Hmm.”

She decided to make a call instead. Chaeyeon went outside the store and waits for the other line to answer.

“Minju.” She continues, a hand find its way to the pocket of her jeans.

“Yes, thank you. Just make sure that everyone will be in the dorm one, arasso? Yes, see you.”

And just she was about to end the call, Chaeyeon was startled to feel arms hugging her torso from behind.

She immediately looked over her shoulder; her hand gripping the phone was down to her side. A sigh of relief escaped.

“You scared me, Eun.”

Eunbi giggled in response and released her hold on the taller girl. Chaeyeon faced her and Eunbi can see the smile beneath the mask. She pulled it down from Chaeyeon’s face and asked, “Did you wait long?”

“Wae? If I did will you pay up?” Chaeyeon raised a brow, a smirk playing on her lips.

Understanding what the taller girl meant, she blushed under Chaeyeon’s gaze.

“Pabo.” She light punched her on the arm but then quickly grabbed it before Chaeyeon could pull away.

They started walking back to their apartment, linking arms.

“So how was it? Did she like your gift?” Chaeyeon asked, stealing glances at Eunbi from time to time.

With a satisfied smiled, Eunbi pursed her lips and nodded.

All of the members find their way to spend Mother’s day to their moms. Eunbi went to meet her mom to have a little date. Chaeyeon went home to spend it also with the rest of the family. The other members did as well as video calls.

“It was really nice. I miss having mom—to have someone to take care of you.”

“I take care of you, Eun. Give me some credits.” Chaeyeon rolled her eyes but there was a smile lingering on her lips.

She felt Eunbi pinched her forearm and she ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter