Mornings with you

Of Oblivious Stares and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mornings with you
Word count: 1,099

 

ONE

It is certain that Chaeyeon is not a morning person but she gets up early to cook for the kids who need to attend to school early in the morning. With a soft groan, she turned to her side and blindingly reached out for her phone beside her pillow.

As soon as she checked her device, her eyes snapped open and her body unconsciously sat right up; her head hit the upper bunk of the bed. She winced the pain away.

There have been six snoozes of her alarm and she won’t be surprise if Hitomi turned it off the last time it alarmed. 7:39 AM. She only has a few minutes to prepare breakfast and she scrambles on her feet as she hurries out of the room. The others were still asleep except for the youngest, who she found taking all the space of the living room’s couch.

“Wonyoung-ah,” She softly calls and the maknae sleepily blinks her eyes.

“Unnie.” She wasn’t dressed for school yet.

“Go and get ready. I’ll prepare breakfast.”

For a moment, Chaeyeon wasn’t sure if what she saw was a held back smile from Wonyoung or her bad eyesight was just doing a trick. But then she understands the reason behind why the maknae was giddy.

“It’s ok. Eunbi unnie is taking care of it.”

With the mention of the leader’s name, her brows shot right up and turned her head over her shoulder. Her eyes squint and even it was blurry, indeed there was Eunbi busying herself in front of the stove.

Chaeyeon quickly made her way back to her room to get her glasses then back to the kitchen just beside her bedroom’s door. She couldn’t believe she didn’t notice the girl before.

“Hey.” She greeted as soon as her sight adjusted with glasses on.

Eunbi looked over her shoulder and smiled. She turns back to what she was doing before greeting back.
“Good morning.”

“How did you get in?” Chaeyeon asked and leaned on the kitchen counter, watching whatever Eunbi was cooking. It was kimchi stirred fried rice; the only meal the leader is likely to cook.

“Wonyoung opened for me.” Now that made sense why the maknae was in the living room.

She didn’t notice she was spacing out until she felt a glass pressed on her cheek. She turned her attention and there was Eunbi, holding out a glass of water. Since when did she manage to get one?

“You’ve been spacing out.” Eunbi answered like she read her mind.

Chaeyeon sheepishly smiled and accepted the glass of water; their fingers brushed, a bit longer than needed.

“Sorry. I’m probably just tired practicing a new dance last night.” She took a small sip ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter