chapter || three

stay, don't leave || stray kids

After driving with fear in my mind of him throwing up in my car, I finally arrived at the house. I parked the car. I looked over to the passenger seat hoping that he wasn't asleep anymore, but no, he was sleeping soundly.

I contemplated leaving him in the car and called it a day, but I'm a nice person. I got out of the car and opened the door to the passenger seat. I unbuckled his seatbelt and dragged him out. I put his arm over my shoulders and held his waist. He just mumbled to the sudden movement. After much struggle, I opened the door to the house and kicked my shoes off.

I gently placed him on the couch and took his shoes off. How much I wanted to throw him on the couch after all that work he made me do. I'm blaming Woojin for this mess.

I walked to my room and took out an extra blanket and pillow. I sled the pillow under his head and covered him with the blanket. I looked at the time, and it was almost midnight. I have to also work tomorrow; I'm about to suffocate this boy.

I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water for Hyunjin and placed it on the table for when he wakes up. I also begin to whip some hangover soup for him, my motherly instinct came out.

The water begins to boil, and I placed the vegetables and meat inside. After letting it come to a boil again, I begin to add seasoning. I allowed the soup to sit on low heat and let it boil. The rice cooker finally *ding*.

"WHY ARE YOU COOKING?!" Seungmin screamed while walking towards the living room.

Before I could reply, "ALSO, WHY IS THERE A BOY ON THE COUCH!?!" He screamed in a louder voice.

"Shut up; you are going to wake him up!" I quietly yelled, looking at Hyunjin turned to the sudden noise.

"Explain, NOW" He replied in the same tone, but angry at me.

Before I could explain, Hyunjin woke up to us silently yelling at each other.

"Where am I?" Hyunjin asked in a tired tone.

"My house," Seungmin and I said in unison.

I heard something sizzle and remembered the stove was still on. I turned back to the stove and turned off the heat. Drips of water were coming out.

"You even made him food; you got to explain what happened," Seungmin said, looking confused.

I looked at Hyunjin who had his hand on his head and rubbing it probably from all those alcohol he drank.

"I went grocery shopping after you guys left. After I finished, I received a call from an unknown number. It turned out it was Hyunjin calling me, and he was drunk as hell, so being the nice person I am. I went to pick him up."

"Why didn't-t," Seungmin tried to say, but I cut him off.

"Boy was dead in the passenger seat, so he didn't reply to me when I asked him where his house was. So, now he is on the couch having a hangover." I said knowing what he was about to ask, pointing at Hyunjin.

Seungmin just sighed.

"ALSO, YOU OWE ME!" I raised my voice, walking to the couch and pointing at Hyunjin.

"Look at what your call made me do!" I pointed to the prints on my left arm which were purplish caused by the grocery bags.

"Your call made me carry all the bags on one arm," I said.

After saying that sentence, something clicked in my mind, and I ran to the fridge. I opened the fridge and looked through the bags.

"NOOoOoooooOooO!!" I yelled.

Seungmin rushed to my side and asked me what happened.

I took out a bag from the fridge and stomped to Hyunjin.

"My ice cream melted because of you! I stuffed all the bags into the fridge because I had to get you!" I faked cried (because I'm a dramatic ).

"YOU OWE ME  BIG TIME NOW!!"

I went back to the kitchen. 
"My ice creammmm!" I pouted towards Seungmin.

He ruffled my hair and said, "It's your fault for caring for Hyunjin, but I'll grab another tub of vanilla ice cream tomorrow for you."

He took the tub from my hands and dumped the melted ice cream out into the sink and threw away the container in the trash.

I grabbed some side dishes out from the fridge and took small portions from it and placed it on dishes for Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin, come and eat."

Hyunjin stared at me with a blank face. I walked over and pushed him off the couch and pushed him towards the dining table. Hyunjin sat down. I brought over the food for him.

"EAT!" I looked at him ushering him to eat.

He looked at Seungmin. Seungmin was still glaring at him.

"You heard her, eat. Don't make Jieun's cooking goes to waste. She doesn't just cook for anyone." Seungmin said in a monotone.

Hyunjin finally picked up his chopsticks and begin to dig in. After seeing him eating, I went up to my room's bathroom and took a quick shower. I changed into my pajamas which was an oversized t-shirt which covered my shorts.

I walked back out to the living room area and saw Hyunjin's still eating. I sat down across from him.

"How is it? Do you like it?" I asked.

"It's really good. Thank you." He said quietly.

"Good, it will be $15," I said in a serious tone.

He stared at me for a nice 10 secs.

"I already have given you a discount."

He pulled out his wallet about to give me the money.

"Boyyyy, I'm just joking! Eat up! I take pride in my cooking." I said laughing.

"So you aren't the talking type?" I asked.

He nodded.

"But when you are drunk, you are loud and talkative?"

He nodded again.

I chuckled.

"Anyways, it's already really late. You can stay over. The bathroom is down the hall, and it's the first door on the left." I told him pointing down the hallway.

Before he could reply, I said, "You can either stay on the couch or use the guest room down the hall. It should have everything you need."

"Umm, I don't want to bother you guys. I can go." He said in the same tone he has been using.

Seungmin was walking down the stairs and said, "You already bother us; you might as well stay the night, and it's late. We don't want you to turn up on the news tomorrow, and you aren't completely sober."

I nodded to Seungmin's comment and looked at Hyunjin waiting for his reply.

"Okay then, thank you."

I clapped my hands, "Okay, so where do you want to stay?"

"Can I stay in the guest room?"

"No problem, so the guest room includes a bathroom, and there should be extra towels and toothbrushes in there already. Also, there are some clothes in the closet too, you can wear them for pajamas if you don't mind them being worn already, but they are clean. Either Woojin, Seungmin, or I have worn them. The room should have everything you need." I said, explaining it like I was a hotel staff.

"Thank you so much."

"Tomorrow is Friday, do you have classes?" Seungmin asked.

"No, I don't."

"That's good. You can rest tomorrow if you like to. I have something to do at the college tomorrow, and Jieun has to work tomorrow at 4." Seungmin said sitting down on the couch folding up the blanket.

He nodded.

"One more thing, the guest room is the one that doesn't have a sign that reads Woojin on it."

"Thanks"

He got up and brought the dishes into the sink in the kitchen. I went to him.

"You can just leave it; I can do it. Go rest up, you are still drunk."

He the water.

"This is the least I can do."

I let him wash the dishes as I placed the soup and rice into the fridge. After he finished, we told him to go to sleep.

"Bring a glass of water to your room," I said to Hyunjin.

Seungmin and I were making our way back up.

"Goodnight, and if you need us, just come up. You'll know who's room is who's." I yelled down the stairs.

"Okay, goodnight and thank you again."

I turned off all the lights on the first floor.  

"Goodnight, Minnie" I said, yawning.

"Goodnight, Jinny." Seungmin said while waving bye.

I charged my phone and plopped down onto my bed completely forgetting about the person I saw today.