chapter || one

stay, don't leave || stray kids

[A video is playing in class showing a heart transplant surgery]

You heard either yawning or snoring coming from the surrounding students. Some students were either passed out or half-asleep. Everyone dreaded advanced human anatomy with some exceptions-you and your best friend-Seungmin. You and Seungmin were always way too fascinated with the human body and enjoyed learning about it.

Ji Eun/Stephanie (YOU) POV:

I looked back and saw students drooling on their paper which was always a regular sight in the class. I look to my left to see Seungmin taking notes unlike the majority of the students who are using it as a bib. I focused my attention back to the video and went back to taking notes since I was sure Professor Hwang was going to give us a test over the video, but also it was really intriguing and interesting.

The video was over. Professor Hwang raised his voice which scared all the sleepers. I saw the girl next to me jump up, and the guy in front of me fall out of his chair. Seungmin and I tried to hold in our laughter, but a small chuckle came out of both of our mouths.

[Professor Hwang did a small summary of the video for five minutes]

"Class is dismissed, and there will be a test over the video and this chapter, next class period, so be prepared."

Once he finished that sentence, the room was filled with sighs and groans. While I also was met with many gazes-many helpless faces. Many people also were making their way over to Seungmin and me.

"Also, do not bother Jieun, Seungmin, Woojin, and Jisoo because you guys did not spend your time wisely. Now, shoo."

This sentence made everyone who was making their way to us froze. I was smiling because it was hilarious. Everyone began their way to their most-awaited place- the door. Seungmin and I always wait until everybody went out to avoid the crowds. Woojin and Jisoo also made their way towards us.

"Professor Hwang really needs to stop calling us out like that, it's embarrassing!" Woojin screamed loud enough for Professor Hwang to hear him.

Jisoo and I were laughing at his childish act. Professor Hwang also let out a snicker, unlike his usual cold persona.

"Let's go, I'm starving," I said as I pushed Woojin towards the door. Jisoo and Seungmin followed us. Before we all went out of the door, we turned back to Professor Hwang and bowed.

"Guys, enjoy yourselves over the weekend, you guys worked hard. I know my wife assigned an exam this week to you guys, and I also know how my wife's tests are. Also, I heard there was a new arcade that opened not too long ago down the street from the university, go have fun!"

We all said thank you and walked out the door.

"I still can't wrap my head around how both of them are science professors," Jisoo said.

"HARD- science professors," Woojin corrected Jisoo.

"But both of them are good and nice professors," I said with a defensive tone.

"Both of their tests are extremely difficult too," Seungmin said, joining in the conversation.

"So you guys are all teaming up against me now, are we? Three against one, let's go" I said sounding angry, cracking my knuckles. I could only hold my "angriness" for a whole second before laughing.

"Come on, come on, let's go eat," Woojin said while pushing me with both of his hands on my shoulders towards the food area, where all the restaurants were located at.

"Where do you guys want to eat?" I turned back to Seungmin and Jisoo but was met with Woojin's big face. However, they still answered me. Woojin also heard the restaurant they both said which meant buggy-me was on the move again.

"WOOJIN, I'm not a buggy, stop pushing me around!!" I yelled when I turned to see his big- face again. Woojin looked at me meaning that no one was looking in the front. Before we knew it, "I" accidentally bumped into someone. Woojin and I felt an impact on our bodies which made us faced the front of us. The guy that "I" bumped into also stumbled a little. At that instance, Woojin's hands were off my shoulders. I began to apologize to the guy that I bumped into. I nudge Woojin to make him apologize too.

"I'm sorry, but you shouldn't be on y-yo," Woojin tried to make a smart comment.

I used one hand and pushed his back into making a 90-degree bow. I could hear Seungmin and Jisoo snickering in the back.

"It's okay, I should have watched where I was going," The guy said in an almost inaudible voice.

I realized that he was also making his way towards the same restaurant as us.

"Are you also going into Grandma Mong?" I said trying to make eye contact with the mysterious guy which I failed because he had a black hat on.

"Yeah," He replied.

"Come, come; I'll treat you as an apology," I said in an uplifting tone trying to open the guy up.

"Nah, I don't want to bother you guys." He said, about walk away.

Before he could walk away, I pulled his arm and said, "Bother us, nah, you are fine. This one is the real bother," pointing at Woojin. Woojin pulled an offended expression. Seungmin and Jisoo started to walk pass Woojin and gave him a pat on the back.

"Jieun is not wrong," Seungmin said.

"She is right, Woojin." Jisoo said, with an evil smile.

"Guysssss, I thought you were my friends," Woojin said in a whining tone.

I heard the whole conversation behind me as I was dragging the guy into the restaurant, but I stopped because I made eye contact with someone that I thought I would never see again.

Seungmin, Jisoo, and Woojin bumped into me because I abruptly stopped.

Woojin yelled, "Jieun, how many times today, are we going to bump into people."

Seungmin followed my gaze to the person who I made eye contact with, and he pulled Woojin backed and shut him up.

I let go on the guy's arm. The person I made eye contact with was walking towards me. I was at a state of panic. Seungmin put his arm around my waist and turned me around away, making me break eye contact with the person. Seungmin tightens his grip around my waist because he knew if he did not, I would have fallen.

Behind Seungmin and I, Jisoo took my original spot and dragged the guy, and Woojin just followed.




 

[a/n: I apologized if there are any grammars mistakes; I didn't proofread it, and it's also my first story! Please enjoy it! Any comments or questions or just anything are welcomed!]

[a/n/2: Thanks for reading!!]