It's All About Work

A Week To Forever

Months have passed and Hanbin has been stressed out lately from the pressure of becoming the heir of their company. Hanbin was given a task by his father to do a research on a place that could be a good spot to establish their franchise.

After researching for a day, he found a small town near the metro that could be a perfect spot. Together with the company’s research team heads which consist of Bobby and Jinhwan, they will be staying there for a week to study about the structures, and some history about the place to know how they will franchise and build up their market there.

“This will be a great help for your future, son. I just hope you won’t fail me this time” Hanbin’s father said as he continues their meeting.

“How about the budget, dad? Will you provide us money for the expenses?” He asked. “Just call me whenever you need some financial assistance BUT only for company matters, use your money if it’s for your own business”. Hanbin whines at his father’s statement and continued listening to the discussion.

After the meeting, he proceeded to the research department and looked for his best friends, Jinhwan and Bobby.

Junhoe is currently living with his friends, Chanwoo, DK, and Yunhyeong. They are away from their families because it is hard to find a stable job in the province, thus needing to move in the city, where finding a job is easier.

Half an hour passed and June still wont wake up from his alarm until Chanwoo got annoyed and forced him to wake up and turn off his alarm.

“YAH! KOO JUNHOE! WAKE THE UP! ARE YOU DEAF OR WHAT?!” Chanwoo shouts at June. June asked Chanwoo what time is it and why did he bother waking him from his peaceful sleep.

Chanwoo laughs ironically, “What time is it? Do you know what time is it? Its already 10 AM you sleepyhead!”

 June’s eyes widen and double checked his phone if it is really 10 AM. He suddenly remembered he has a scheduled job interview at 10:30 AM.

“Wait what the ?! I have an interview LKDASJFLKDSAFJSKD” He then rushes to the bathroom and prepare himself. Little did he know that there is a road accident on the way to the office causing severe traffic.

 It is already 12 noon when June arrived at the office, feeling very haggard and exhausted. He rushes to the information counter to ask if he is still eligible for the interview.

“I’ll call the HR first sir, stay put for a while.” the lady said. June is feeling very nervous as if he knows where this will lead to.

“Sir Koo? I’m afraid your application has been cancelled. Please try again after 3 months to renew your application. I am very sorry.” June felt like it was the end of the world. His mood suddenly became down. He came out of the building not knowing what to do and whispered to himself “And yet you’ve been another failure Koo Junhoe, keep it up.”

Junhoe called DK. “Yah Kim Donghyuk! Drink. 8 PM. Same place. Tell Chan and Yunhyeong. My treat.” DK was about to reply when June ended the call. “Wha—Yah! YAH! Aigoo Juneya”

Hanbin, Jinhwan, and Bobby arrived at the meeting place where they will meet the town councilor to introduce them the structures and whereabouts of the town.

“May I take your order sir?” the waiter asked them. “We’ll wait for one more person before we take our orders” Bobby replied. “Okay sir, just call me if you’ll order.” After a few minutes, the councilor has arrived.

“I am sorry for being a bit late, I have to finish some appointments.” Hanbin introduced himself and also his research team. The councilor then discussed everything that they should know for their franchise. After the discussion, the councilor left immediately because he still has appointments. While the 3 Kim’s decided to stay and drink.

“One week here huh? Seems like I need to level up my charms, there are many cute guys in this town hehe” Jinhwan said.

“Hyung, we are here for work, let’s not forget that” Hanbin replied.

“Oh look at our Hanbinie, working hard. Relax! We got this don’t pressure yourself haha” Bobby said after drinking.

“Hanbin has the guts to say that to me, well plot twist, he’s the one looking for cute guys not me!” Hanbin rolled his eyes to the both of them while the two were just laughing at him. Hanbin’s cheeks are now red and its very obvious that he’s blushing.

“Y-Yah hyung! I’m here for work so stfu and let’s finish this. I’m tired already” Bobby and Jinhwan looked at him and they laughed again. The three continued their conversation and talked about their plans for their one week stay.

Junhoe was waiting at the restaurant where they usually drink together. He called Yunhyeong.

“Yunhyeong hyung, where the heck are you guys?”

 Yunhyeong annoyingly replied “June, were on our way there about 5 minutes. DK and Chan kept bickering with each other I am seriously done with these two.”

June just laughed at the thought of Yunhyeong being stuck with two dorks. But suddenly his mood changed because he remembered how his interview was voided a while ago. The three arrived witnessing June frowning, they hurriedly approached him.

“Juneya what’s wrong? Did someone dump you? Did Chanwoo’s face pissed you?” Donghyuk asked and Chanwoo smack him lightly.

“Ya Kim Donghyuk!” Chanwoo angrily reacted. Junhoe smiled, thinking how his friends always lighten his mood. “I was late a while ago for my interview. It got cancelled. Guess who’s still jobless” June frowned.

“Well that really calls for a sad celebration. Snacks on me. Cheer up bro!” Yunhyeong tried to cheer June up.

An hour after drinking, it seems like June drank all the bottles and only gave 1 bottle each for his three friends. June is really drunk. “WHY IS MY LIFE SO MISERABLE WHY JASKKAJDJGHIS HAPPENJKLA” June cried out loud. The three tried to calm him down.

“ YOU! AND YOU, AND YOU! ALL OF YOULDJFAKSFA” June growled.

Hanbin, Jinhwan, and Bobby are discussing when they heard a man shouting on the other side of the table. Hanbin got annoyed with the sudden scandalous act the guy has been making. He hates too much noise. He looked at the drunk guy on the other side. June turned around, trying to curse every customer he sees inside the restaurant. Suddenly, he saw a guy staring at him as if like he’s being examined.

“You! You cute guy with pouty lipsh what are you shtaring at hhhuuh??!” Hanbin didn’t reply and just stared at him eye to eye. June got annoyed and went to Hanbin.

“What do you want huh?!” Chan, DK and Yunhyeong tried to stop June, and succesfully pulled him outside of the restaurant.

Chanwoo on the other hand bowed and apologized to the three Kim’s.

Hanbin just smirked and ignored what happened. They just laughed it off.

“What the just happened? It seems like you made your boyfriend mad, Hanbinnie? Hahaha” Bobby , that made Hanbin blush.

“Hell no, Jiwon! That guy is seriously annoying, from his appearance, and his loud voice.” Bobby and Jinhwan laughed.

“What did I told you a while ago about Hanbin looking for cute guys? See its very evident!” Jinhwan added the teasing.

Hanbin just brushed off those thoughts. But inside his mind, he thinks the guy is hella cute though. He wonders where he lives. Hanbin suddenly had the motivation to finish his work and enjoy his one week stay in town.

 

 

CHAPTER 2