Chapter 9

In Another Life

LISA POV

 

I arrived at the airport and hurriedly went to Jennie's car. Well it's more on her parent's car, because we can't really drive our own cars for now.

 

The ride was quiet until we reached the dorm. Jennie is so quiet, she prepared ramen for the both of us.

 

I just finished unpacking my things and we started eating.

 

"Now, tell me what happened" I asked her

 

"We broke up because I don't love him anymore.."

 

"I don't believe that, did he cheated on you?!"

 

"Kai would never do that to me, he loves me but I don't feel the same way at all"

 

"But what happened to you? why did your feelings changed just like that?"

 

"Lisa-yah I have a question.."

 

She looked at me as if she's about to burst out crying. I can see that she's trying to hold back her tears. It hurts me seeing Jennie like this. I looked at her and smile to give her a permission to ask me.

 

"Is there any chance that you'd feel something for me? like loving me?"

 

I don't what kind of answer she wants from me. I don't want to misinterpret her question.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"what I'm trying to say is...is there any chance that you'd fall in love with me?"

 

"who can't fall in love with you? you're jennie kim! popular, rich, gorgeous and talented as hell!" I said and laughed a little bit.

 

She stood up and went right in front of me..I don't know why she's staring at me so intimately.

 

"Jennie what are yo-" I was cut off with her lips on mine.

 

Our lips isn't moving, until she started it. I didn't want to kiss her back but she's tempting me to do it.

 

She held the back of my neck and pushed me harder so I could feel her kisses even more.

 

"I love you...I'm so sorry" she said as we ended our kiss

 

Her tears started to fall, she covered her face. I stood up and hugged her.

 

"please don't cry, I'm not used to this.." she hugged me so tight

 

"I can't hide it anymore, I know you love Lawan and I'm contented that at least you know how I feel.."

 

I didn't said anything, I just continued hugging her. She broke the hug and looked at me.

 

"Sorry for kissing you, I just can't help it.." I smiled and wiped her tears.

 

"gwaenchanh-a..saranghae"

 

"I know you only see me as a friend, it's okay. Just don't stay away from me."

 

"I won't, I promise you.."

 

I asked her that we should get some rest before we cook something to eat for dinner.

 

She fell asleep in the couch, her head is on my lap. I was just sitting and staring at her while playing with her hair.

 

I have loved you for the longest time, sorry I can't be with you for now..

 

Lawan fixed me, and I don't want to break her heart just like that.

 

My love for you was never gone, until now it's still here. But I'm committed to someone now, how I wish you realized this earlier.

 

My heart feels happy that Jennie loves me. It's like a dream come true for me.