Chapter 8

In Another Life

JENNIE POV

 

I just got back in Korea and now I'm going to meet Kai. My decision is final, I can't hurt Kai anymore.

 

He's a good guy, loving, caring and sweet but I just don't feel the same anymore.

 

He's here, I feel so nervous. I even made my cousin drive for me. Kai got in inside my cousin's car and when he went in, my cousin left and grabbed some coffee.

 

"Hi babe.." he said and kissed my cheek.

 

"Kai...I'm breaking up with you" I said and looked down

 

"What? we haven't seen each other for months and now you met me just to say that?" I can feel that he's hurt

 

"It's not working anymore..."

 

"Do you love me?"

 

"I honestly don't know,,there are a lot of girls out there and I want you to be with someone who can treat you better"

 

"I don't care about those girls! you're all I think and dream of Jennie!"

 

"what do you want me to do? force my self to stay?"

 

"You know why you're feeling that way? it's because you don't give me enough time and chance to prove my feelings for you! You barely contact me, even on your free days, I can't see you. I'm doing everything to make this relationship but you're so distant from me. This ing hurts cause I ing love you jennie. You're so unfair, leaving me just like this?"

 

"I'm so sorry.."

 

"yeah right, you're sorry..what can I expect from you?"

 

I can hear him sobbing, I can't look at him. It tears me down seeing him cry.

 

"Tell me the real reason jennie..." I looked at him, because I didn't get what he said.

 

"tell me the real reason why you wanted to break up with me.." he repeated

 

"This is the real reason Kai. My agency isn't involved in this, even my members. This is my personal decision. We're both doing good with our career Kai. I want to focus on my work. We're both passionate about our jobs right? I'm hoping you'd understand me."

 

"I guess I can't do anything about this anymore.."

 

He left the car and went to his car. I called my cousin to go back. The ride back home was quiet. I can't hold back my tears anymore.

 

I'm sorry Kai, I hope you'd find someone better. I'm not the right girl for you.

 

I arrived at home and cried my self to sleep. I wasn't crying because we broke up. I'm crying because I hurt him so bad.

 

I woke up and went to YG and told him about the break up.

 

"What happened jennie?" yg asked me

 

"I fell out of love.."

 

"I respect your decision, I hope you're okay.."

 

I gave him a smile and said "I'm okay sir..I'll get going now, thank you" he smiled back and I left his office and went home.

 

*BLACKPINK GROUPCHAT*

Me: I broke up with kai

Jisoo: Whaaaaaat? why?!

Chaeng: Whyyyy?! he's a nice guy!!

Me: I fell out of love..

Jisoo: is this even for real?

Chaeng: jisoo unnie can't believe it! me either!

Jisoo: but we respect your decision and feelings

Chaeng: yah lalisa! say something about this!

Lisa: whatever makes jennie happy, but are u really sure about this?

Me: I am..when are you guys coming back?

Chaeng: 2 more nights, same as Lisa

Jisoo: Let's go back to the dorm together my kids

Me: okaay, just message me. enjoy your vacation mwah!

Lisa: I miss you all!!

 

I fell asleep and woke up at 8pm

*kakaotalk message*

From: Lisa

Message: I'll be home tomorrow afternoon. Pick me up at the airport!

 

To: Lisa

Message: why so sudden?

 

From: Lisa

Message: we have a lot of things to discuss, you came from a break-up you need someone to be with you!

 

To: Lisa

Message: are you sure?

 

From: Lisa

Message: yes I am! pick me up okay? 12:30pm is my arrival time.

 

To: Lisa

Message: sure! thanks love you

 

From: Lisa

Message: Love you more hekhek

 

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO LALISA MANOBAN?!! I MIGHT FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU!