Chapter 10

In Another Life

JENNIE POV

 

I woke up and noticed that I was laying down on someone's lap. It's my love's lap..wait did she slept whole night by just sitting? aigoo!! 

 

She should've wake me up so we can transfer to our rooms. I stood up and let Lisa lay down on the couch.

 

We didn't eat dinner last night, she deserves a perfect breakfast!

 

I fixed myself and started cooking in the kitchen while Lisa is still asleep.

 

"J..." oh she's awake already?

 

"hey, go back to sleep..I'm still cooking" 

 

"I'll just brush my teeth and I will help you with that." I nod and she went to the bathroom to fix herself.

 

"what are you cooking?" lisa asked after she fixed herself

 

"can I get a good morning first?"

 

"oh sorry..good morning dearest jennie kim" she said and smiled

 

"give me a kiss..." I teasingly said, but without hesitation, she kissed me on my cheek.

 

After preparing the breakfast, we sat down and started eating.

 

"is it good?" I asked while staring at her

 

"daebak!" she said while is filled with food, such a cutie.

 

Watching her eat makes me so happy. But I realized, we don't have something special. She have a girlfriend who truly loves her. And Lisa loves her so much.

 

Here I am, loving Lisa all by myself. I want her to be mine but I can't be selfish. How long do we have to act like this? kisses, hugs, all the special treatments.

 

I can't let Lisa betray her girlfriend...as if Lisa will break up with her for me.

 

"yah! what's wrong?" - lisa

 

"nothing..we're friends right?"

 

"of course!" - lisa

 

"don't tell chaeng and jisoo that I confessed to you.."

 

"I haven't lost my mind yet"-lisa

 

"are you going to tell this to your girlfriend?"

 

"of course not, I don't want her to fly all the way from Thai to here just to secure her property, which is me.."-lisa

 

HER PROPERTY.

 

LISA IS HER ING PROPERTY.

 

Damn that hurts..I regret asking that!

 

"I'll just take a bath, after let's clean up before chaeng and jisoo comes back"

 

"finish your food first"-lisa

 

"just finish it for me please"

 

I stood up and head to the bathroom to take a bath. Well I just want to cry in the shower.

 

My tears start to fall when the water starts to run over my body.

 

I BADLY WANT LISA FOR MYSELF BUT I CAN'T BE SELFISH! I HURT KAI ALREADY AND I CAN'T HURT ANOTHER HEART.

 

After taking a shower and getting dressed, Lisa finished washing the plates and she's sitting on the couch. She's on a phone call with Lawan. Again, Lisa is laughing, it shows how Lawan can make her happy.

She doesn't feel the same way, Jennie.

 

She loves you as a friend and a sister, nothing more, nothing less.

 

I sat down beside her and I watched tv while she's on the phone. I leaned my head on her shoulder, she smiled at me and softly tapped my head.

 

Finally, their phone call ended. 

 

"Jisoo unnie said that we should pick her up at their house then pick up chaeng at the airport" - lisa

 

"sure..it's still afternoon, we got more time.."

 

"are you sleepy?"-lisa

 

"No..just a bit tired.."

 

"tired from what?"-lisa

 

"nothing..go ahead and take a bath! you smell like yesterday" I jokingly said and she giggled. She went to the bathroom and took a bath.

 

She left her phone unlock, I was tempted to check her conversations with Lawan.

 

I was going through on their conversation and saw a long message from Lawan..

 

From: Lawan

Message: I missed you already baby..how I wish I can see you whenever I want to. I've been dreaming of settling down with you soon. I hope one day, you'd come home here in Thailand and settle down with me. Let's live a normal life together. I hate it that you sacrifice so much for your work, but I understand because you're too passionate about it. I wonder who's taking care of you whenever you're sick or what. I can't stop thinking about you baby. You're my first at everything and I want you to be my last. I love you so much, please don't you ever leave me.

 

To: Lawan

Message: Baby, why are you being so dramatic?hehe. Don't worry, I'm all yours and yes I will settle down with the most beautiful woman, which is you. One day, we will have our own house and we will live a happy life! I'm sorry I can't give you so much time and attention, please understand me. I miss you a lot baby..my work is very hectic but I promise to comeback when I can, okay? please wait for me. I love you baby.

 

I put down Lisa's phone when I noticed that she's done.

 

IT FEELS LIKE SOMEONE POURED A COLD WATER TO ME. THAT'S IT KIM JENNIE, YOU WON'T HAVE LISA ANYMORE. LAWAN WILL HAVE HER FOREVER. IT'S ENOUGH THAT LISA IS AWARE THAT I LOVE HER ROMANTICALLY BUT I DON'T HAVE TO SHOW THAT I REALLY DO, RIGHT? BACK TO NORMAL JENNIE. BE HER FRIEND AND STAY AS HER FRIEND.