Prologue

Mollayo, Saranghae (I don't know, I love you)

(This is a short prologue for the story. And everything in this fiction is unreal and fictional. I don't have any intention to ruin the history. Thanks for reading.)

 

 

In 2019.....

 

It is a deadly beautiful sunset time of mid May. A girl is walking alone on the street while wearing ripped jean and dirty T-shirt. She has put her hands in the pocket of the jeans while wearing a backpack on her back. There is a cap on her head, slightly covering her face.

She looks around the surrounding before she quickly runs up the stairs of a dirty and small building in the street. She stops in front of a samll room and starts knocking on the door.

" Hey Sakura. I am back!! "

Lee Chaeyeon shouts while hitting on the door. She doesn't hear any answer so she hits harder.

" Yah! Miyawaki Sakura!! Open the f***ing door! "

She shouts and the door slowly opens. Sakura sneakingly peeks outside before she opens the door, only wide enough for Chaeyeon to enter.

Sakura is wearing a hoodie and a pant, with a messy short hair. Chaeyeon furrows her eyebrows and she knocks Sakura's head.

" What happened? Why you are acting like a thief? "

" Yah! It's hurt. And yes, I am acting like a thief because there has been our creditors at our door, hitting and  calling our names. I thought for a second when I hear your voice, thinking like you were caught and they made a trap for me too."

" Geez, Sakura. You are a nonsense pabo."

Chaeyeon said while taking a glass of water. Sakura frowns.

" Yah! Don't blame on me. I am trying to make money and give back their loan so that we can be free."

" By what? Playing cards or Lying? "

" Shut up. At least I make more money than you."

" Awwww. I am working in almost every places and all you do is using my money on cards."

" What!! "

" Why don't you sell the necklace you have and pay for some debts? "

" No  I can't!! I have already told you that the ajjuma said I have to wear it always."

This necklace was given to Sakura by a strange woman when she was little. She also told Sakura not to take it off so Sakura follows her words. Well, with no reason for now.

" Stupid Sakura again."

" Yah! "

* Knock Knock Knock *

They both become immediately quiet. Sakura puts her index on her lips, signaling Chaeyeon to stop.

" Yah!! We know you are inside. Come out and give our money back."

" If you don't come out, we will come in!!! "

They look at each other, not knowing what to do. Chaeyeon whispers in a very low tone. Only Sakura can hears it as they have been living together for life long. They have been friends since they have memories. Well, they both grew up in an orphange home.

" When they try to open the door, we get ready. As soon as the door open, we push through them and run away. Like always. Okay? "

Sakura nods in agreement and she picks up her bag on the floor. She is always packing ready for them to run as they have creditors everywhere in Seoul. At that time, they hear hitting sound on the door, seem like they are now destroying the key. Chaeyeon quietly counts.

" 1 2 3! "

The two girls run at the highest speed they can and they pass through a group of people at the door, holding some sticks. They crush them in a rash and they fall down on the ground, giving enough time for them to run down the stairs.

" Yah!!! Don't run!!!! Follow!!!!! "

The group of people shout and they run after them. Chaeyeon and Sakura are holding hands and running for their life while the people are following them with anger.

Chaeyeon is leading their run and they both end up in a dead end street. They both know they are dead, but they can't turn around either as the people following them are getting nearer and nearer.

Sakura suddenly feels like she is going to be caught and she is hopeless now. Suddenly, she remembers what the strange ajjuma told to her.

" Take it. You have to wear it always. One day, it will save you."

Sakura tries to touch the pedent which is in a shape of circle on which strange words that she can't read are written.  And she thinks " Save me save me save me."

" Oh! "

She feels like some strange energy is entering into her body and she thinks she sees some lights radiating out from the pedent.

" Ahhhhhh! "

And before she knows, a huge light circle appears in front of them and they both fall down into the circle as they can't stop their run in time. When the people following them reach there, they see no one or no sign of them at there. They disappear at a dead end street.

Chaeyeon who has lost her hand with Sakura doesn't know what is happening or where is Sakura. She only sees colors around her as she keeps falling in a very high speed.

Finally, she sees ground and she closes her eyes, preparing ready for the pain she has to receive.

* Thud *

" Ahh! "

But someone is under her and she falls on a person, knocking her down.

" Omo! "

Chaeyeon shouts and she quickly stands up. When she sees a girl with Kimino on the ground, her eyes widens.

" What have I done? Hey, girl! "

She tries to call the girl and turns her around. She is so surprised to see Sakura wearing in an expensive Kimono, lying unconscious on the ground.

" What the hell! Why she is wearing like this? But I am still with my old clothes. What happened to us? Aish. Yah, Sakura! Get up! "

She tries to wake her up but Sakura doesn't move. Chaeyeon looks around the surrounding and she furrows her eyebrows as she thinks it is weird.

" Why I am in the Palace? I was running about 50 blocks away from here. And it is so creepy. Why they are not using electricity instead these lamps? Hmmmm."

Chaeyeon thinks but she doesn't have enough time for thinking as she is afraid of their creditors following them. She picks up the Sakura on the ground and carries her on her back, and runs away from there.

Little did she knows, there is another Sakura wearing a hoodie and pant, lying unconcious on the ground in front of the Palace for the queen.

 

 

 

 

Xxx                                          xXx                                        xxX

 

 

 

 

In 1019...

The servants in the Palace are busy as they have a visitor from Japan's arrival today. The new Queen of Baekje dynasty, Kang Hyewon aka Queen Kangjin will accept the Japanese princess as her wife.

All the people in the Palace are busy while Kangjin is wearing her robe and preparing herself for the ceremony with the help of her life long royal servant, Kwon sanggung aka Kwon Eunbi.

" Are you exciting, Pyeha? "

" No. Not actually. I have met a lot of people. What can even make me surprised? "

" But I have heard that she is the most beautiful girl in Japan islands. I have heard that the clan leader is afraid of your army and he decided to give his daughter as a gift to make allies with us."

" I know. I can handle things well. Don't worry Kwon Sanggung."

" Jeonha, the advicer Choi and the bodyguard Ahn are asking for entrance."

" Let them in."

" Nae Pyeha."

The door opens and Choi Yena and Ahn Yujin enters. Yena is the royal advicer and Yujin is the bodyguard as they are her most trusted friends since their Sung-kyun-kwan days.

They kneel down in front of the Queen and show their respect. Kangji waves her hand and lets them to stand up. 

" She is already here. We are waiting for you for the greeting lunch ceremony."

" Okay. How do I look? "

" As pretty as always, Pyeha."

Kwon Eunbi quickly answers and the queen seems happy to hear. She nods and signals them to go.

" The Queen is coming!!!!! "

When the announcer said, everyone in the throne room kneel down saying " Manse Manse Manmanse "

" You can stand up."

" Thank you, Pyeha."

Queen Kangji sits at the top table where the lunch is set for her and she waves her gaze at the crowd, spotting the Japanese treasure that was gifted. She really is beautiful.

" I want to say welcome to Baekje, firstly."

" Thank you, Pyeha."

The Princess said. She has a very long balck hair which is a part of her stunning beauty. But. Oh, her eyes are filled with tears? What? What's wrong? Ahhhh. She must be very sad to go away from her home. The Queen thinks.

" Please feel home at our Palace. Kwon Sungung."

" Nae Pyeha."

" Now, I named you as the Wonbi mama's Sunggung. I am okay with Bodyguard Ahn by my side. Stay with our Princess and help her to be happy."

" Nae Pyeha."

" Thank you for your kindness."

Queen Kangji looks at the Japanese Princess again. She seems to do things like they are things she must to do with or without her wills. Oh, poor girl.

They eat the lunch while talking random and the Japanese Princess is not really happy. Finally, the Queen Kangji decides to give her some time.

" I think our Princess may be very tired of the long way here. She may need some rest. Let's finish the lunch party."

" Thank you, Pyeha. I am really tired."

" It's okay. By the way, what is your name? "

" It is Princess Sakura, Pyeha."

" Sakura. What a pretty name. But I have to give you a title after we have married."

" I know, Pyeha."

" Ok. Go take some rest."

Princess Sakura is very happy to go away from the sight of the Korean Queen. Well, she really hates to sit in front of them, giving her respect to them. The worst part of her feelings come from the fact that she was given like a thing without her consent.

She finally reaches to her Palace and Kwon Sunggung prepares the bed for her. She told everyone to leave and lies down on the bed thinking about her lover, the Tang dynasty's Prince.

She sighs and takes out a letter that one of her maid called Hitomi brought for her. It was from her lover. They have a long distance relationship but they truely love with each other. They can only communicate with each other on secret live letters but Sakura believes that her Prince will come and save her from this situation.

She opens the letter and reads. And she is all happy and excited again as the Prince said he will come and steal her tonight. All she has to do is come to the back gate of the Palace where he will make sure there will be no guard tonight.

She has to wait till the sun goes down and it becomes dark. Princess Sakura secretly packs her things and she sneaks out of the Palace while everyone is sleeping. She quietly goes to the back Gate of the Palace with the map the Prince has drawn for her.

Lucky to her, she can reach there without being noticed by the patroling guards. When she is about to look for her Prince, she hears a loud "Ahhhhh" from above and someone falls down on her, knocking her out, making unconscious.

On the other hand, the Sakura wearing a hoodie and pant is lying unconscious in front of the Wonbi mama's Palace at the West Wing. When the sun rises again the next morning, it is Kwon sunggung who finds the unconscious Sakura on the ground.

" Guards!!! GUARDS!!!! Come here. What are you doing all night while our Mama is out and sleeping on the ground? Take her inside."

While the guards carry her inside, Kwon Sunggung is feeling weird of the things the Japanese Princess is wearing. She has never seen that kind of clothes. Well, they might be their traditional clothes. She thinks.

Poor Sakura, who is unconscious, wakes up not long after. She blinks. The blurry surrounding becomes clear and the first thing she sees is a face of a lady who has a big braid on her head and wearing a green historical gown.

" Mama is waking up!! Are you feeling well, Mama? "

Sakura becomes froze. What the hell! Why they are surrounding me??? Why she is calling me Mama??? And why she is wearing that red lipsrick like a Gisaeng????

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhh."

She doesn't know anything and she just screams.

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

They all scream.