????

Getting By, Just Barely

To: Ahnyonce

You’re the ing worst. 11:17 am

From: Ahnyonce

You have the wrong number.

This is Hyejin. The ing best. 11:19 am

That whole thing yesterday.

Not funny. Seriously. 11:19 am

Pls. It was hilarious.

Unnie didn’t even notice anything.

You’re being dramatic. 11:22 am

Um? I’m not?! 11:22 am

Well. You shouldn’t have told me if you didn’t want me to make fun of you. 11:24 am

Told you months ago to leave her ALONE.

That was your punishment for not listening. 11:26 am

I didn’t even do anything! 11:27 am

You did: You started liking her.

Get a job and stay away from my unnie. 11:28 am

Uh, she’s my friend, too? Wtf. 11:28 am

No. She’s your crush. 11:30 am

She’s also still my friend. 11:31 am

Couldn’t tell by how possessive you were being when that Jihye girl showed up.

Just piss on Yongsun-unnie next time. 11:35 am

You’re exaggerating. 11:35 am

I’m not. Ask Wheein. 11:36 am

WHEEIN knows?! 11:37 am

She asked me why you were being weird about Jihye so I told her 🤷‍

If you weren’t being a weirdo, no one would’ve realized.

She would’ve just thought you were acting that way to annoy Yongsun-unnie. Blame yourself. 11:42 am

So now you’re gonna shame me into not liking her anymore? 11:43 am

Basically. Yeah.

Embarrass you into admitting that you like her more than you’re letting on

AND THEN shame you into not liking her anymore. 11:50 am

How is this friendship? 11:54 am

It’s saving a friendship.

Actually, it’s saving several friendships.

The entire group is gonna get awkward if you make a move on her.

It’s better to leave it alone. 11:57 am

 

What Byul left alone was that text message. Sent no response. What was there to say to that anyway?

 

Hyejin thought her feelings for Yongsun were shallow and fleeting and the junior could only blame herself for that. The two met up for dinner the Wednesday before Wheein’s birthday when the topic happened to come about.

 

Their conversation thus far followed no logical progression. Byulyi and Hyejin jumped from topic to topic, following wherever their scattered brains led them. Now that her university basketball season was over, an inordinate amount of free time made its way back onto her schedule, allowing her to connect with her best friends without having to work around hours’ worth of training and lifting and recovery and games. She had time. And today, Byul was ecstatic to spend some of that precious time with Hyejin, her mischievous baby.

 

When it came to the Jeonju girls, she had no favorite. It was impossible to prefer one over the other. Wheein and Hyejin were very much a joint package, but they also had their own distinct personalities and ways of being, both of which the junior enjoyed.

 

Wheein was only three months older than Hyejin, but her life’s circumstances had infused in her the wisdom and maturity—at times—of someone at least three times her age. She always took it upon herself to lift the spirits of those around her, neglecting herself at times. Which is why she and Hyejin worked so perfectly, complemented each other so well.

 

Hyejin was … a baby. Not in a disparaging way, but more literally. In her family, she was the youngest. Between her and Wheein, she was the youngest. In their friend group, the youngest. That was the role she usually assumed regardless of the space she found herself in—she was always the youngest. And as the always-youngest, she was constantly spoiled and handled with care. Yes, she was mischievous and troublesome. She could afford to be because everyone let her get away with whatever. From that babying, too, though, grew a fierce independence. Hyejin was brazen and unapologetically her. Being the youngest granted her the freedom to fully be who she wanted to be. And she ran with that.

 

This was foreign to Byul, who, if not always the oldest, typically found herself filling a leadership role, be it formal or informal. Life for her consisted of expectations and responsibilities. The carefree attitude that Hyejin so instinctively embodied was one the junior admired and sometimes envied a little.

 

At times, though, Hyejin took things too far. She just … didn’t listen sometimes. Most times. Like now, as she, for whatever reason, steered the conversation in the direction of Yongsun and her boy.

“They’re cute, don’t you think, unnie? He’s good for her.” was full of noodles, growing more full as she voraciously stuffed to capacity.

“I don’t think about them so I have no opinion.”

“You don’t think about one of your best friends and her partner? That’s a lie.”

“Take my phone and ask her,” Byul hastily offered Hyejin her device, “I don’t talk about him.”

 

Hyejin raised a questioning eyebrow but said nothing until her noodles were properly chewed and swallowed.

“Please. Keep your phone. Who knows what types of messages and pictures are on it,” she screwed up her face in disgust. “But yeah, that’s weird. She’s one of your best friends. Why wouldn’t you want to know how her relationship is going? And it’s not like he’s some rando, he’s had a fairly consistent presence in her life for almost her entire time here at SNU.”

 

Hyejin pointing out that last part made Byul more annoyed than she usually was when Jinyoung was mentioned.

“Ew.”

“Mature, unnie.”

“He’s boring. Why is no one else pointing this out? She can do much better.”

“He’s not boring, you’re just being mean. He’s quiet.”

“I’ve met quiet people that aren’t boring.”

“Whatever. You don’t like him. You’ll find something negative no matter what.”

“Okay.”

They both took time to eat more of their meals before Hyejin circled back.

“I just–, I don’t get it. Did he do something to you? Was he rude or something? I can’t imagine him being like that, especially not with the best friend of his girlfriend, but I guess things happen,” she mused.

“He didn’t do anything to me. There’s just … nothing to like, Hyejin. There’s nothing special or interesting about him. He’s … blah. Y’know what, let’s talk about something else. We’re not going to agree on him.”

 

Aware of the contemplative eyes on her, the blonde carried on as usual, focused on picking up the perfect amount of noodles and kimchi.

 

So consumed with her food was the junior, Hyejin’s sudden gasp almost went unnoticed. Almost.

“What are you making all that noise over there for?”

“You like her,” the younger of the two sat stunned.

 

Byul’s chopsticks froze halfway to . If Hyejin was referring to the correct “her”, there was no way Moonbyul could deny it. She also couldn’t be honest about the depth of her ever-growing feelings for Yongsun. Panicked, the athlete did a quick mental scan of alternative ways to get out of this.

 

Downplaying the entire situation would be the best course of action.

“Her? Who is this ‘her’ that I supposedly like?”

“Yongsun-unnie. That’s why you don’t like Jinyoung-oppa. Because you like her.”

“And you’re sure that I like Yongsun?”

“Tell me that you don’t.”

 

She couldn’t do that.

 

“She’s pretty,” Byul shrugged, doing her best come across as aloof.

“That’s why you like her? Lots of women are pretty.”

“What do you want me to say?”

Several expressions flitted across Hyejin’s face before one of disappointment settled.

“If it’s simply a matter of you thinking she’s pretty, then please, please, just leave her alone. I’m sure you wouldn’t do anything to ruin her friendship with all of us, but in case this is the moment you’re considering taking after me and acting reckless, don’t.”

“We’ll see.”

“I feel like you’re more serious about her than you’re letting on.”

“It really doesn’t matter. She’s in a relationship, Hyejin. With your precious Jinyoung-oppa,” Moonbyul masterfully evaded.

 

Hyejin certainly got the last laugh during Wheein’s birthday dinner. It was brutal. Almost as brutal as watching that Jihye woman so obviously flirting with Yongsun. Right in front of everyone!

 

Byul sat back in her bed and rolled onto her stomach, shoving her face into the refreshingly cool pillow. It helped tremendously in soothing her heated face. Hyejin wasn’t entirely wrong—her behavior after the Jihye incident was embarrassing. Thinking back to how she prevented Yongsun from bidding the woman a proper goodbye, a hint of shame began creeping in. She shouldn’t have done that.

 

In the long run, she hoped that incident would fade from Yongsun’s memory. She hoped Jihye would, too.

 

*

 

Faves 😍

Yong

[Emergency] She thinks this is a date! Omg 😰 6:38 pm

Ahnyonce

The sky is blue. Water is wet. 6:39 pm

Wheeinie

IS water wet, though? Or does it make other things wet?

Because things only get wet after making contact with water,

so water itself can’t be wet.

It can’t wet itself. It’s just water. 6:40 pm

Ahnyonce

Seriously, Wheein-ah? Now?

You want to do this now? Are you high? 6:41 pm

Wheeinie

No, I’m intelligent. 6:41 pm

Yong

Okay, cool. But Jihye thinks this is a date?!

Maybe help me with that and be philosophical later? 6:42 pm

Ahnyonce

What do you want us to say? She thinks it’s a date.

There’s nothing to help with. 6:43 pm

Yong

How do I tell her I thought it wasn’t? 6:44 pm

Wheeinie

 “Jihye-ssi, I thought this wasn’t a date.” 6:45 pm

Yong

The two of you are being like this on purpose.

You know what I mean. 6:45 pm

Wheeinie

🙄 Tell her you didn’t know it was a date, you thought the

two of you were meeting up as friends

and that you’re seeing someone. 6:47 pm

Yong

What if she gets embarrassed?

I don’t want to hurt her feelings. 6:48 pm

Ahnyonce

Then go to her place and her.

She’ll feel better after that. 6:49 pm

Yong

HYEJIN! 6:49 pm

Wheeinie

OMFG 😂 😂 😂 😂 6:50 pm

Byul

???? 6:51 pm

Ahnyonce

Hi, Byul-unnie. Yongsun-unnie needs help.

She’s on a date with Jihye because she didn’t listen to us

when we told her that it was a date 🙃.

Any suggestions for your friend? 6:55 pm

Byul

Nope. You and Wheein have it covered.

Good luck with that. 6:56 pm

 

Yeah. She didn’t have the time or patience for this nonsense.

 

*

 

For the first summer since matriculating at SNU, Byul didn’t have to worry about moving and finding storage for her belongings—her apartment at UV was leased for at least one more year. Yet here she was, slaving in the oppressive heat customary of a mid-May Korean day. The cardboard boxes she’d been assembling and packing all day were no kinder. They did a number on her—several of her fingertips were decorated with pink, sore spots from repeatedly jamming against the boxes’ sharp edges and corners. If she were a lesser person, Byul would’ve left halfway into the first hour, but she was still here, five hours later, assembling, packing, and carrying boxes of varying sizes and weight.

 

“Can’t you at least turn the air conditioner on?”

“It’s already on, Byulyi.”

“Then turn it higher. It’s hot in here.”

“All these months later and your whining hasn’t gotten any more attractive. It’s unbecoming of you.”

“I’m not whining,” Byul took offense to that.

“You are. The air con is working just fine.”

“Of course you’d say that. You’re lounging over there on the couch while I do all the work.”

“I’m not lounging, I’m taking a break,” Haena rolled her eyes.

“It’s been 20 minutes,” the younger of the two indignantly clarified, taping yet another damned cardboard box. With her need to be useful temporarily outweighing her irritability, though, she rolled her eyes while asking, “What’s going in this one? I’ll label it.”

“Bathroom stuff. And you’ve been counting how long my break has been?” Haena asked amused.

“Yeah, I have. At first I thought you were going to relax for a couple minutes, then you just kept sitting there watching me do all the work, so I started keeping track of time. I was thinking, ‘This girl can’t be serious,’ and wanted to see how far you were going to take this.”

“Honestly, I was going to get back to packing after about five minutes, but you looked so good at work all focused and in your zone,” the older woman finally rose from her couch, slinking over to Byul, who had begun assembling and labeling another box.

 

“No. Don’t try it. Get off me.”

“You don’t mean that,” Haena ignored her girlfriend-but-not-her-girlfriend’s petty rejection. She continued with wrapping both arms around Moonbyul’s neck from behind.

“I do.” Despite her protests, the junior didn’t stop Haena’s actions.

“You’re gonna be mean to me right before I leave,” Haena whispered into Moonbyul’s right ear before lips latched onto the younger girl’s neck.

“You’re not leaving right now. We have some time still,” Byul tried her hardest to sound disinterested. Her neck was her weakness.

“There’s no such thing as enough time with you. I’ll always want more,” the brunette seductively crooned.

“Ew. You sound like me,” Byul laughed.

“I guess I am what I eat.” The shocked expression the athlete wore made Haena burst into hysterics. Figuring they’d had enough time goofing off, she placed a final peck on the junior’s neck before retreating to the bathroom with one of the boxes Moonbyul had assembled for her.

 

Haena’s apartment lease didn’t end until the end of the month, and she didn’t leave for England until the middle of June, but ever the proactive one, the senior decided to pack up her apartment ahead of time. The plan was to head to Incheon at the end of this week to stay with her parents for the remainder of her time in Korea. She and Moonbyul would drive up on Friday in a rented moving truck before Byul drove the truck back that night to return it—the junior insisted on this after learning that Haena intended to do it all on her own.

 

They had four days left together. Although Haena would be in the country for another month, most of that time would be spent running here and there to get everything ready for her big move, so Moonbyul knew they wouldn’t see much of each other after Friday. Despite knowing the day would come, she hadn’t given much thought to what that would feel like. Now she knew—it .

 

While what they had started unexpectedly, their unique relationship grew over the past five, almost six, months, into something she hadn’t realized she’d been missing: companionship. Looking back on everything, the athlete wished she’d spent less time fussing over labels, and more time enjoying her time with Haena. She wasn’t sure if the same applied for Haena, but Moonbyul had learned a lot from the older woman. She’d forever appreciate Haena tremendously and would miss her a great deal.

 

*

 

After another three hours of packing, Haena called it a day. She bought dinner and drinks as a ‘thank you’ for Moonbyul’s help, setting everything up on the floor in her mess of a living room. Thus far, Byul was doing an exceptional job of not allowing their impending separation to dampen their time together.

“I’m going to miss you a lot, you know.”

“Duh. I’m Moon Byulyi. Who wouldn’t miss me?”

“Stop,” Haena lightly slapped the younger woman’s shoulder. “I’m being serious.”

“I know you are,” Byul responded in earnest. “It’s not goodbye, though.”

“Let me guess, it’s not goodbye, it’s see you later?” Haena chuckled.

“Yeah, actually, it is. Watch, once the Olympics are over, I’ll be ridiculously famous and will have access to all kinds of rich people things.”

“‘Rich people things.’ Sounds legit.”

“Super legit. I’ll have access to a private jet.”

“So you’ll come visit whenever you start missing me?”

“No. I’ll send the jet to pick you up when I’m in the mood for a booty call.”

Thankfully, Haena enjoyed that joke.

 

“Imagine if you actually had booty calls? That would be a mess. There’s no way you’d be able to handle that.”

“At all. It would be embarrassing.”

“I kind of want to see that happen now. It’d be hilarious.”

“Oh yeah?” Moonbyul asked as she lunged at Haena, tickling the brunette and enjoying the fit of giggles that filled the apartment.

 

Things grew more tense as the athlete found herself on top of Haena, pinning her to the floor. Taking in the woman beneath her, Byulyi decided to be serious for a moment. Haena had been nothing but patient and understanding with her, even when she was nothing but a headache. Moonbyul wanted to make sure the older woman knew how she felt.

“I’m going to miss you. Seriously.”

“I know, Byulyi,” Haena whispered, tears forming.

“I wish we had more time,” she confessed.

“Me, too.”

 

Everything Moonbyul had shared was the truth. Her feelings for Yongsun were something to contend with, but she also genuinely liked Haena and was saddened to no longer have such a dynamic woman in her life.

 

With these thoughts swirling in her head, Byul decided she’d spend the rest of her time with Haena living in the moment—she didn’t want to regret anything later. And so, she leaned down and chastely connected her lips with Haena’s. The two exchanged sweet pecks for some time before their emotions heightened and their kiss deepened.

 

They took their time over the course of the night saying with their bodies all that they couldn’t quite say with words.

 

*

 

“Chorong’s what?”

“She’s moving into the apartment with me.”

“She’s not.”

“She is.”

“Then I guess this friendship has been fun while it lasted.”

“You are so dramatic,” Byul saw Yongsun roll her eyes. “It’s not that serious.”

“It is. If she’s going to be your new roommate, then I can’t visit your apartment ever again. Those are the rules. She and I are sworn enemies, Yong.” She was clearly overexaggerating for the fun of it, but the junior wasn’t joking about Chorong’s presence potentially changing things.

“Wait, you said that our friendship would end. That doesn’t make sense.”

“What about it doesn’t make sense?”

“Why would our entire friendship have to end? Let’s say her presence means you can never ever step foot into my place again, you and I could still talk on the phone, video call, or text. I could also just come to your apartment instead.” This is what Byul appreciated about Yongsun. No matter what nonsense she sent the graduate student’s way, Yongsun played along.

“Mm mm,” the blonde shook her head, “if we’re on the phone, I might hear her voice in the background. Ew. If we video call, I might hear her voice and see her face in the background. Double ew.”

“You sound like a child.”

“That’s what all old people say.”

“I’m not old! Take that back,” Yongsun whined. It took every ounce of self‑control for Moonbyul to not reach across the couch and pull Yongsun into her arms—she’d been working on limiting their physical contact without making it obvious. That was proving itself to be much harder than the athlete initially thought it would be.

 

A little over a month had passed since Byul helped Haena move into her parents’ home. A week ago, the older woman left for England. From a conversation they had a few days ago, it seemed there was a lot for Haena to adjust to. She was making friends with a few other first-year MFA students, though, and that was helping immensely with easing the transition. Moonbyul was proud of her for so brazenly pursuing the career she wanted. The call also reminded her of how much she missed Haena and, more specifically, Haena’s touch.

 

By no means did dictate her life, but going from having regularly to having zero was . . . an adjustment. And all of the touching that she and Yongsun did was not helping in the slightest. The two of them touched each other a lot. Until making the conscious decision to keep track of it, Byul hadn’t noticed how second nature it was for her and Yongsun to be close physically.

 

Instead of pulling the older girl closer, Moonbyul crossed her arms, squashing the urge down.

 

“You’re not old,” she deadpanned. Her efforts to not touch Yongsun proved futile as the older woman crawled over and got in her face.

“Say it like you mean it.”

“It like you mean it.”

“Byul-ah!”

“I’m joking. It was obviously a joke. You’re not old. You’re young and beautiful.”

It took time, but Yongsun eventually accepted her sincerity, uncrossing the athlete’s arms and snuggling up to her. Byul let her. There was no point in fighting it. If Yongsun was fine with doing this while in a relationship, who was she to say otherwise? For all her talk about them not seeing each other and blah blah blah, Yongsun was still dating Jinyoung.

 

“If video calls, phone calls, and visiting my place are out, that still leaves text messages and me coming to your apartment.” It threw Moonbyul for a loop how easily Yongsun went from the middle of a tantrum to calmly dissecting a hypothetical end of their friendship. She was a weirdo. A cute one, though.

“No. Those are out, too. Her presence will stick to the text messages and I’ll feel it through the phone. Same with you coming to my apartment. Her presence will stick to you then fly around as soon as you cross the threshold. It simply won’t work, Yong. Her being your roommate is unacceptable. I’m sorry. Life is harsh like this sometimes.”

“You said we were in this forever.”

“We were, but there’s no way I could have anticipated something as serious as this popping up. Deal-breaker.”

“Impossible. You could never give me up,” the graduate student cheekily and confidently stated.

 

What was truly impossible was Moonbyul hiding the shock on her face. She stared incredulously at a smirking Yongsun.

“Since when are you this cocky?”

“You didn’t deny it.”

“Since when are you this cocky?” She wasn’t going to dignify Yongsun’s comment with a response. Mainly because it seemed like what the older girl said was true.

“It’s not cockiness, it’s fact.”

“Well, you and your ‘fact’ can get out of my apartment.”

The resulting push and pull—literal push and pull. Byulyi tried to push Yongsun off of her, the young woman clung onto the athlete’s waist for dear life—extinguished Moonbyul’s quickly mounting stress as Yongsun’s squeals and pleas intensified.

 

“Fine,” the junior halted her actions, “you can stay. Only because you’re cute.”

Yongsun readjusted herself. Byul felt it on her chest when her friend’s cheeks lifted, no doubt from a proud smile forming on Yongsun’s face.

 

The athlete felt it in her chest, too. She was ed.

 

*

 

The Babies

From: Hee-yawn

Remember: they’re going to make us fetch their breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the rest of camp if we’re late. 

Don’t be late! Lobby in 10 mins. 6:35 pm

 

Once a captain, always a captain, it seemed.

 

It was the fifth full day of a month-long residency camp at Jincheon National Training Center for the Women’s National Basketball Team. The entire team moved into the Center for intensive training and final preparations prior to their Olympic send-off. In Moonbyul’s opinion, things were great so far—the facilities were top-notch, the players were gelling, and she was learning a great deal from the staff members, especially around nutrition. Physically, she had never felt better.

 

The only dark cloud hanging over her, Heeyeon, and Kisum was the rookie initiation they were being put through.

 

Running the rookies through the ringer wasn’t a foreign concept to her, it had just been a while since she’d been one of the rookies. Their beds and bags were filled with popcorn, they were charged with doing the entire team’s laundry after each training session, and they had to arrive early or stay late to help their seniors with any additional workouts. Harmless. Irritating, but harmless. And thankfully, from what she’d heard some of the veterans say, their team bonding activity tonight was the final stage of their induction to the team. Each university student—they still considered Heeyeon a university student despite her recent graduation—was given a final assignment that would be presented to the team and staff during their bowling night. Byul’s assignment was nothing too severe: singing a cute concept pop song and doing aegyo whenever anyone on the team demanded. Embarrassing, but it could have been worse.

 

What Heeyeon had texted her and Kisum about, though, was the one potential punishment that each of them dreaded the most and had, thus far, managed to avoid. If any one of them was late to an official team activity, she, Heeyeon, and Kisum would have to wait on all team members during meals for the rest of Camp.

 

Call time was 6:45 pm. They just had to get to the lobby by 6:45 pm and they were free!

 

Ready to head out, Moonbyul made sure she had her ID before grabbing her bookbag off the desk chair that she and her roommate shared. Just as her hand held on to the doorknob, the athlete’s phone began to ring. An instinctive smile formed.

“What?”

“Is this a bad time?”

She had eight minutes to make it to the lobby from the fourth floor. It was kind of a bad time, but the giddiness in Yongsun’s voice was the cutest thing she’d heard all day so, instead, she said, “No. What’s up?”

“I got the scholarships!”

 

Yongsun had been awarded a full scholarship for her first year, but the way it worked across all college and departments at SNU, students had to reapply for all scholarships each year. In addition to the College of Education scholarship, she applied for funding from the SNU Foundation. It seemed she would be set for her next and last year in the graduate program.

“Both fully funded?” Since taking the call, Moonbyul had left her room and walked to the elevators on her floor. If she entered, the call would cut off, so she instead slunk to the floor, listening attentively to Yongsun’s animated responses.

“Yeah! I can’t believe it! I only applied to both because I thought I wouldn’t get one of them.”

“Well, now you have both, so that’s some serious money that’ll be deposited to your bank account. You can be my sugar mommy.”

“Annoying! But yeah, it’ll be nice to not have to worry about money. This year wasn’t bad, but I was still building my account up. I’ll have a lot more flexibility now.”

 

The relief was evident in her best friend’s voice, and it took Moonbyul a moment to figure out why before she remembered that Yongsun did most things on her own. The older woman refused help from her parents in funding her education, not that they could help much anyway. From what Yongsun had shared over their almost-year of friendship, her family had just enough to get by. Financing an SNU education was not economically viable for them.

“I’m proud of you.”

“Don’t get emotional on me.”

“I’m being serious. I’m extremely proud of you. You know those scholarships aren’t easy to get.”

“Whatever. I got lucky.”

Byul let that statement go. Yongsun never gave herself credit for her hard work.

“Are you still going to do work-study?”

“Why wouldn’t I?” Moonbyul chuckled at the bewilderment in the graduate student’s voice. “I need to make sure I’m making as much as I can so that I can save as much as I can.”

“Thinking of working at the same places?”

 

6:42 pm

 

She was going to be late, yet she continued asking questions so that she could hear Yongsun’s voice.

 

As the raven-haired woman prattled on about the specifics of her preliminary work-study plans, Byulyi sent a text to her friends.

 

From: Byul

To: The Babies

Going to be a few minutes late.

Sorry! Don’t hate me. 6:44 pm

Hee-yawn

Are you ing kidding me?!

The last day is when you pull this ? 6:45 pm

Kisum

Unnie, you’re joking, right?! 6:45 pm

Hee-yawn

Now we have to get their food for almost ONE MONTH. 6:45 pm

Byul

Sorry! Yong called.

We’re finishing up. Have been sitting by the elevator the whole time.

Heading down now. 6:46 pm

Hee-yawn

You could’ve taken the call in the lobby?!

Like, hello?! Wtf is wrong with you? 6:47 pm

Kisum

🤦‍ 6:47 pm

I’m here.

Maybe they’ll have mercy on us if we kill our assignments? 6:48 pm

Hee-yawn

Stfu Byul. 6:48 pm

 

She immediately found her friends and joined them at their table, ignoring the cheers that erupted from the veterans when she stepped out of the elevator three minutes late.

 

Moonbyul was in the middle of trying to convince the other two that fetching meals for their seniors wasn’t that bad when her phone buzzed from a private text from Heeyeon:

Hee-yawn

If you don’t end up with her . . . istg.

I’m seriously going to ing kill you.

This crush that you refuse to acknowledge is beyond stupid at this point. 6:50 pm

 

Well . . . Heeyeon wasn’t wrong.


Note: Tried so hard to get this out earlier. *Sigh* On a more positive note, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the comments, subscribers, and upvotes. Writing this story has been challenging, but so fun. I’m still very rusty and have a lot to improve, but you all showing support in whichever way you choose to show support has helped a lot. Thank you all for reading!

Whether I feel confident in a chapter or not, I look forward to updating each week because of how open you’ve been to giving feedback. Hope you’re all doing well! See you (most likely) next week.