Pt. 22

My Hate Towards You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh, he'd been dreading this period, his last period of Defence Against the Dark Arts was fine until the professor mentioned that they'd be dealing with bogarts next.

Now, here was. Standing in line with Sehun and Chanyeol, waiting to cast one word for it to all be over.

"What do you think yours will be?" Sehun asked Chanyeol.

"I don't know, maybe those big spiders." Chanyeol sighed.

"You mean an Acromantula." Baekhyun piped up as he rose a brow.

"Yeah, those." Chanyeol replied, turning to the smaller, slightly taken aback at the dark circles under his eyes. "Are you feeling alright?"

Baekhyun nodded almost instantly, "I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" He questioned.

"I don't know," Chanyeol shrugged, "You just look—"

"I look bad?" Baekhyun rose a brow, "Are you insulting me?"

"No!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"I'm just joking," Baekhyun rolled his eyes with a chuckle, "I couldn't sleep."

"Again?"

"Chanyeol, you're up!" The professor's voice beamed.

Baekhyun felt his heart sink at that, he didn't even know Sehun had his turn during his conversation with Chanyeol.

He didn't want to even watch the taller do it, he'll probably do it with ease. Stupid Gryffindors, having to flaunt how they're brave and cunning.

He looked down at his shoes, brushing them against the stone floor, he really regretted missing breakfast because the more he thought about having to deal with this bogart the more anxious he felt — and slightly light headed but he ignored it the best he could.

"Good job, Chanyeol." Baekhyun looked up, "Baekhyun, you're up."

He took a deep breath, feeling his heart slowly sink in his chest. He couldn't do this. He knew who it'd end up being.

"You'll be fine." Chanyeol flashed a reassuring smile.

Baekhyun gave a weak one in response, clutching onto his wand, he looked down at his shaking hands and it didn't help the fact that all eyes in the room were on him. One word, that's all.

"Baekhyun."

It was the familiar voice and his words were slurred just like his dream, he looked up, his eyes meeting his father's angry ones.

He stepped back once, it's not real. His grip around his wand tightened, his heart racing faster in his chest by the second and he could feel the room spin slightly.

"Ri—Riddi—" Baekhyun couldn't even finish the words due to his head feeling as though it was throbbing and spinning, he couldn't handle the weak feeling all over his body.

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun with concern, his eyes flickered to the bogart, wasn't that Baekhyun's dad? Why would Baekhyun be afraid—

His train of thought came to stop when he watched the smaller collapse, "Oh my god." He rushed over, the professors casting Riddikulus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter