Pt. 21

My Hate Towards You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun didn't sleep the rest of the night, even when he heard Sehun's sleepy mumbles beside him he still couldn't drift away.

He stared at the wall, focusing on the pattern on of the curtains, sometimes rummaging in his bedside table to look at a textbook to pass some time.

And now, the birds were chirping out the window and the sun was blaring through the curtains as he fixed his uniform tie.

"Ready?"

He heard Sehun's voice and he nodded, swiftly grabbing his wand and gold necklace, making his way to the great hall for breakfast — hoping it would energise him a bit.

...

It didn't.

He stared groggily at his untouched breakfast, regretting staying up the rest of the night as the hall was filled with loud chatter and cutlery clanging together.

Was everyone this energetic in the morning?

"Baek." Sehun said, looking at his cousin who continued to stare at the table.

"Baekhyun." There was still no reply from the smaller.

"Byun."

Baekhyun looked up at Sehun, "What?" He huffed, the air causing parts of his hair to fluff up.

"Eat your breakfast." Sehun sighed, feeling slightly concerned about Baekhyun, he'd never seen him this dissociative before.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but picked up his toast anyway, taking a few bites, his appetite still not coming to him. Even the thought of food made him nauseous as this weeks mail flew in, he dropped his toast, staring down at his plate rather than the soaring owls.

He doesn't know.

His dad won't know, he wasn't injured from the match, or did word fly back to his dad like in his dream?

The letters were handed out and he was thankful he didn't get one, so thankful.

"Baek," Sehun spoke up, slightly worried by the way his cousin was acting, "Is everything okay?"

Baekhyun looked up, there was no mail. He put on a smile and nodded, "Everything's fine." He looked back down at his breakfast, not exactly wanting to even sit in the great hall anymore if he wasn't going to eat.

"I've got to go." He spoke up, climbing up from the table and making his way out, leaving behind a worried and confused Sehun.

...

Potions was a blur.

A big groggy, tired blur.

It was Baekhyun's last period of the day and whatever remaining energy he had from throughout the day was completely shrivelled up, and what didn't help was the fact that they weren't doing practical work, they were writing down notes at their desks.

Baekhyun wished he was up and doing something because right now, his eyes were failing him.

Kyungsoo was scribbling down whatever with a fast pace as he worked through the textbook, Baekhyun had about three notes and he was struggling to keep his head steady.

He rested it on his hand that was propped up on the wooden desk.

Focus, Baekhyun.

He picked up his quill and copied down another note, but his eyes were dropping again and so was his head. Before his head slammed against the desk he quickly caught himself in the act and shot back up, clearing his throat — trying to play off that he was on the verge of passing out.

"That's the third time, Baek." Kyungsoo mumbled, "Did yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter