Chapter two.

Sold To My Husband's Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The same night…….



 

It's almost two o'clock in the morning and Mishil still wasn't able to fall asleep even for a moment. She was tossing and turning almost every minute to get a comfortable position so that she could grasp onto some sleep, but all her tries were in vain.

 

Reason? 

 

Those eyes.

 

Those dark gray eyes of a particular person weren't letting her close her eyes or have even a second of peace to herself. She could see them staring right back at her every time she closed her eyes. 

 

Seeing that man, Byun Baekhyun, after more than three years, surely brought back some old memories. Some of which were undoubtedly pleasant, while some were unpleasant. But for some certain or uncertain reasons, she neither wanted to remember the pleasant ones nor those unpleasant ones. 

 

She couldn't help but wonder just how much one's life could change due to one or two incidents and how much those changes could influence someone.  

 

Mishil was trying her best to avoid those old yet ever-so-familiar memories, especially those unpleasant ones to vanish, as if they never existed. But who was she kidding? Her whole present life had been going unpleasant for the past few years and every moment she was reminded of those circumstances which she never wanted to be tangled in. 

 

Her mind  was buzzing with numerous knotted thoughts but all of her contemplations were stumbling and getting stuck into one person. Byun Baekhyun.

 

God! Perhaps she shouldn’t have agreed to go to that darned party. Only if she had any prior idea about the guest list of that party - then again, she wouldn’t have known anyway since her husband never bothered to provide any information other than what he wanted her to be aware of.

 

Moreover, she might or might not have known the reason due to which she felt those emotions back then in the party - and even now - but she didn't want to prod anywhere near them, she just couldn’t. "No. I haven't done anything wrong! I am not feeling guilty! And I am obviously extremely... happy with my life." She kept mumbling to herself, more like making herself believe every word she was uttering.

 

The girl was so occupied in her own mind that she didn't hear the sound of someone entering the house. She only realized it when the door to her bedroom opened with a click.

 

 The mattress of the bed dipped behind her, she could already smell all the damned alcohol the intruder must've consumed. Ironically enough, she didn't need to turn around or use her eyes to see who it was.

 

She was so used to these kinds of situations that the late night entry of her husband didn't even bother her anymore. She no longer questioned him about his whereabouts, about how much alcohol he consumed or things a normal wife would demand if her husband was coming home this late almost every night.  

 

"Are you sleeping?" Teahyung asked her while scooting closer to her body so that he could take a look at her face. His voice was heavy and slurred with the effect of alcohol. “Hey! Wake up!” He pushed her shoulders quite roughly, that would’ve woken up even the heaviest sleepers. 

 

Mishil kept her eyes closed, his inconsiderate nature boiling her head for an uncountable time. She knew why he was calling her like that but she was already pretty much tired from starting the party to the tiring tensionable thoughts about her past and  Baekhyun. She didn't have any energy to serve the purpose of a wife to her drunken husband. 

 

"Hey, c'mon don't be a sleepy head now!" Taehyung languidly turned her around and made his way to sloppily kiss the flesh of her neck. One hand ing his dress shirt, another found its way to her clothed under her pajama t-shirt. His kisses and were as sluggish as his words. 

 

Mishil finally opened her eyes and s her arms around her husband's neck, he smirked while taking his hand off her chest, only to lead it downward, just in the direction of her pants. She then shoved him a little further so that she could talk to him first - not that talking to him ever made her feel better or made her feel important in any way, but whatever it would take her to distract him. 

 

"Well, someone is home early today." She was praying in her head that he would eventually get tired and fall asleep by the time she’d finished her small talk. 

 

"I was feeling , so I came back to my y wife." He tried to make his voice flirty but failed.

 

Mishil chuckled bitterly at that.

 

"Or you couldn't persuade any lady from the party to have a night time with you?"  She asked while smirking. It did hurt to talk about these things with her husband but she was quite accustomed to them now - she was accustomed to his lifestyle. But she had promised herself that she wouldn't let these things weaken her. She decided a long time ago to stop caring about her so-called husband and his unstoppable affairs like women and gambling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter