Thirteen

Mola
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mino-ya, what’s really going on with you?” Jinu asked him from the other side of the bar where Mino was sitting.

“Hyung, I told you I’m-“

“Is it Seungyoonie?” Jinu interrupted him.

“What-“

“Did you guys fight? Is his lifestyle starting to bother you?” Jinu nods to the table at the far end where Yoon was sitting with Jaebum. Their PDA definitely not for public view but the people in the bar doesn’t seem to mind, in fact they must be enjoying it.

Mino relaxed. Jinu wasn’t asking him about an affair.

“You know, that’s just how he is. Always has been, always will be.” Jinu shrugged his shoulders.

“No…I don’t care what he does.” Mino said as casually as he can hoping Jinu would drop the subject.

“But at least now he’s sticking with just one person. He never stays with just one person before.”

For some reason, that got Mino worried. Maybe Yoon is really happy now. Maybe he’s not doing this to spite him and he really likes Jaebum. He felt ice in his stomach. He’s in a relationship, he should be glad that Yoon is with someone now. This solves all of his problems.

Jinu went back to bartending as the crowd started coming in. The night progresses and Mino just sat by the bar, he looked so sullen that nobody dared approach him. He got a text from Jiho saying he’ll come home late..again. He lights up his third stick for the night.

“Not here, your boyfriend might get angry.” Mino heard a giggle somewhere in his right. It wasn’t until he heard a familiar voice that made him look.

“It’s fine, he left to change for his set.” Mino watches as Jaebum pins an unknown girl by the bar. It’s too dark and too crowded, Mino doubts that anyone else could see.

“Besides, we’re not really together. He was just a random .” Jaebum tells the girl as he kisses his neck and Mino felt his vision blur in anger at what he heard. Yoon told Mino that they were seeing each other, they were together. Jinu said so himself. How dare this do this behind Yoon’s back. Mino gripped his beer bottle so tight he thought it might break. He should get up and leave before he does anything stupid.

“Seungyoon is not really someone you’d want to be with. He’s a great but that’s about it-“

“You son of a -“ The next thing Mino knew, people in the bar were screaming. Jaebum was on the floor with a bleeding lip, the girl he was flirting with crouched over him. Jinu was restraining Mino from attacking again. A crowd was starting to form.

“What the hell Mino, what the are you doing?” Jinu asked him while trying to push Mino away from Jaebum.

Jaebum was actually smiling when he stood up which angered Mino more. “What’s wrong Mino, is there anything I said that wasn’t true? Who did you end up choosing?”

“ you-“ Mino was able to shove Jinu out of the way and held Jaebum by the collar of his shirt.

“If you ever speak of Seungyoon that way again-“ Mino’s voice was low and dangerous to Jaebum’s face.

Unfazed, Jaebum answered just as low and dangerous, the smile completely gone from his face. “You think you’re any better? You ed him when you were lonely and you threw him away after while you parade your boyfriend to his face.”

“What the is happening?” Mino heard Seungyoon’s voice. Seungyoon looked from Mino to Jaebum in shock and confusion, Seunghoon behind him looking equally confused.

Eventually, it was Jinu who, looking around at the bar full of bystanders, grabbed Mino’s elbow and then Jaebum’s. “Guys, please. Calm down. Not here. People are looking.” Finally, Mino released Jaebum’s shirt.”Come on” Jinu muttered as he drug them to the backroom. Seungyoon followed while Seunghoon dispersed the crowd with a “shows over, get back to your drinks.”

Once in the hallway, Jinu opened the door to the backroom to usher them all inside. Taking a final look up and down the hallway, he closed the door behind them and stood in front of it. Keeping any curious bar patrons out.

“Okay,” Jinu said, crossing his arms to his chest. “What’s up?”

Nobody was saying anything. Mino and Jaebum are still glaring at each other. Seungyoon still looked bewildered looking at each of their faces.

Finally, it was Jaebum who broke the silence. “Why don’t you tell them Mino?”

Mino wanted to punch him again. He couldn’t say anything with Jinu there and even if he wasn’t, it would sound really hypocritical that he attacked Jaebum for saying he doesn’t want to choose Yoon when he himself didn’t choose him. Mino was seething with anger. He just wasn’t sure if the anger was for Jaebum or for himself.

“What the hell is going on?” Seungyoon is getting impatient.

Jinu sighed. “I’d leave if I didn’t think the three of you would start throwing punches at each other. It’s okay you can talk. I think I finally know what’s going on.”

The three of them suddenly looked at Jinu. “You know?” Mino looked shocked and worried. If Jinu knows, who else does. “How-“

“I was right behind you when you were whispering threats to each other back there. Don’t worry I don’t think anybody else heard it.”

Mino doesn’t know how to face Jinu now that he knows what happened. Seungyoon looks equally stressed about it. He ran a hand over his face and his voice is starting to rise. “Mino, why did you hit Jaebum?”

“Cause he’s a prick.” Mino answered which caused Jaebum’s eyes to roll.

Yoon sighed. “You made your choice remember? Jiho. You had no feelings for me. You didn’t want to be with me, but now, you don’t want anyone else to be with me, right?” He shook his head angrily. “Is that what you want?” For me to be completely alone?” His voice broke on the end of the sentence in his anger.

Mino couldn’t look Seungyoon in the eye. “I never said that. I said if you were to see someone, I would want to know.. but Yoon, you can do better than this .” He looked at Jaebum just quietly looking at everyone in the room.

“Then who do you want me to date Mino? Tell me, what are the qualifications?” Seungyoon is seething in anger, his words laced with deadly sarcasm. Jaebum actually held back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter