Forgotten

Appearances Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You sure you'll be fine?" Was the ninth time she's heard that question. Solar let the faintest of smiles crawl upon her face, the bright sun blinding her eyes. She adored Wheein's care for her, ever since yesterday the younger girl had continued to shower her with non-stop love and comfort. It wasn't a bad thing and Solar was certainly appreciative of it but it didn't do much. The image that burned through her skull had never left and even then, she could still see flashes of the figure's blood washing across her eyes. 

The heiress nodded, taking a step into the small carriage where two horses awaited at the front, the man who was driving seated patiently on the so called leading front. "It's just another meeting with the Empire. I'm sure it'll be fine." Solar's voice almost cracked but she saved herself before she could even go back to that weak state of hers. Wheein only sent her a sympathetic look before waving her goodbye and letting the heiress fade off into the morning dust. Solar was aware that Wheein wasn't referencing the meeting, but rather the news that had sent Solar down a spiral of despair and frustration of herself. 

When they had reached the gate, no more of Wheein in sight to catch her plan of going off course, Solar tapped the driver who cheerfully looked behind him, "Yes your highness?" His voice was high and it reflected the sun's beams of light that struck each part of the land. She would've been poisoned by that show of joy if it weren't for the thoughts stabbing at the back of her head. 

"Could you please drive me to Yakawa before we head to the Miyazaki Empire?" Her voice was mellow, eyes shimmered with the reflection of the beams. The man glanced at her guard who had been sitting rather tensed ever since the ride started. "It's to check on the village before I leave. Although it's-" Solar paused, finding it hard to get the words out of , "-gone, I would still like to pass by and see if there are any other things to be discovered." She spoke with a formal tone, convincing the man leading her to follow her simple orders.

"No problem your highness." He smiled, turning his head and whipping the thin ropes, making the horses to pick up pace. Solar leaned back on the carriage seat, her eyes following the trees that they pass by every now and then. It was a straight trail, there weren't any sharp turns nor were there any bumpy pathways so Solar figure this morning would be, well, less frantic than yesterday's. 

Figuring it would take time to arrive at Yakawa, Solar took this moment to appreciate what the land had to offer. She's visited many empires, each of which have their own unique beauty, but Kikogawa was none other. Although it would sound a little bias, Solar loved the fresh smell of the grass that flushed in green as summer continuously progressed. It was a sight that Solar knew she would miss each time she had to leave. Kikogawa was her prized possession and the people who wondered the streets are people she will protect for the rest of her lives. She was the heiress and ever since she was appointed as one, Solar knew that this was the very city she'll grow to protect. 

But there was only one Empire that would most likely, in her opinion, rival Kikogawa's outstanding landscape. Much like her land, Fukanona possessed natrual beauty, but the addition was the nature of the Cherry Blossom Trees. Solar chuckled at the memory when she had first toured the Empire. Her younger self gasped in awe as she walked along a path, Sakura Trees towered over her and it's pink petals would flutter down to the gravel floor. Even to this day, that view had never ceased to amaze her. As someone who found beauty in landscape, Solar fell in love with how that specific area of the Fukanona Empire was dissolved in silence. Walking through there drowned her senses, as she smelled the fresh air and her eyes taken by the view of the pink leaved trees standing still by her side. No wonder the empress spends most of her time there. It was something Solar could understand.

In a way, the land of Fukanona described it's heiress, Myoui Mina. She was elegant, well mannered and although she was quiet, her mind was quite something. Solar was impressed and she was glad that she was close to her, after all, that heiress is like a child when she's not sitting on her throne. Mina was similar to that of an ordinary person when she's sitting and talking with Solar, so casual and at times the- oh so- elegant heiress would whine about being teased. 

Although Solar barely felt envious towards anyone, she was a bit towards Mina. It wasn't anythin drastic, in fact, Solar found it a bit sad when she would think about it. But Solar was envious of the fact that Mina had a royal guard, who she is heavily clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter