Figment

Appearances Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The palace was dark. Each corner of each room had shadows hiding it's smooth marble material. Guards walked aimlessly across the halls, talking amongst themselves as if nothing had happen, but they could feel it too. In the Kikogawa palace, each and every soul that wondered the halls felt the melancholy circling through the atmosphere like fog dusting across the land. In the heart of the establishment, sat the heiress who's cheeks were stained with her crystal tears. Wheein had long left, her hands trembling as she did, her confidence seen nowhere in her two orbs.

How could something as big as this pass without trace? 

Solar sighed, her breath shaking as she did so. The windows were still open and every now and then there would be a breeze tickling her skin. She glanced out the large rectangular openings, watching the city lights flicker in delight as if there was no village that had been burned. Solar's hands laid loose on her lap, her pearl white dress rested beautifully on the space beside her. Despite her dislike to wearing completely white garments and clothing, this was most likely the only white dress she'd ever wear. Other than it's hand crafted source, the fabric was worth a fortune and it was considered as material belonging to those of the gods. Material that was given by those in the sky, a blessing handed down to the heiress.

Who is she kidding? Solar didn't wear it because it was one of a kind. She didn't force herself to slip into this snow white dress, wearing it for the rest of the day because she wanted to. She didn't look at this sliky gown because it was beautifully made, no. Solar grabbed this attire out of her large closet, reluctantly, because she wanted to relive the day her friend had complimented her. How her friend touched the fabric with her slim fingers, smiling and letting out small sounds of amusement. Solar chuckled. Had it been 2 years already? She heard her heart crack. Thinking about it now caused her eyes to close, to fight off the tears that may come. If her friend saw this, she'd probably , saying her face didn't suit a tear streaked expression.

"Why are you crying?" A voice muttered. Solar swiftly wiped away the tears that stayed at the rim of her eye lids and she looked up, knowing full well who that voice belonged to. Right. She's been having these ever since she died. A figure emerged from the darkness that swept the floors of the throne hall, a confused expression laying obvious in the figure's eyes. Her brown hair rested comfortably on her shoulders, then down to the center of her back. The figure's eyes were just like how Solar remembered it. Well, obviously, this was all her imagination. The figure she saw, walking ambly across the room, was no less then that of the figment of her imagination. 

"How could I not cry," Solar muttered, "You're dead. And the only place that I had left of you is gone too. A-All of you is gone." She croaked, almost slapping her hand to her face to cover the tears that may fall. Solar mentally scolded herself for being reserved to her own imagination. She knew that she was talking to no one. This figure standing in front of her, shoulders relaxed, hands swinging effortlessly at their sides, softened eyes, it was just the result of her deprived sleep. 

"Crying never suit you, Unnie!" The cheery voice echoed and bounced against the walls of the room, "You're hiding your beautiful face!" Solar smiled at the comment, almost letting a laugh slip from her lips. She held in the temptation to think it was real, to give in to her imagination and rant to the figure. And to say the three words that she had held in her wrenched heart for so long. So long that Solar couldn't even say it before it was too late. 

"You're always like that." Solar's eyes stared directly into the figure's and oh how she wished she could see those orbs again. How Solar wishes that she could run her fingers through those brown locks again. "Complimenting me even when I'm ugly." She laughed, tilting her head, satisfied with how this conversation was held. It's similar to the old times, where her friend w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter