Fallen

Appearances Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The summer weather was rather comforting. Much to the satisfaction within the Kikogawa household, the silence in the ever so large palace was yet again fit for it's booming temperatures. The sun would shimmer in the middle of the sky, it's strong rays reaching every spot of land. Had it not been the excessive amount of trees towering over the west end of town, people would most likely be burning due to the harsh temperatures rising. It would rain occasionally but it wasn't as helpful since it'll only heighten in the humidity and make the atmosphere rather moist and thick.

"Your highness, Captain Wheein is here, by your wishes." A servant spoke, cutting the silence of the hall. "Although, she looks rather afraid and I would suggest to listen to her before you travel to the other city."

"Of course. Let her in." A beautiful smile blessed the man in front of her, who bowed with perfect posture. He stepped to the side and gestured the guard to open the large wooden doors. There revealed a shorter woman, her torso was dressed in a white collar shirt, the symbol of their empire resting comfortably on the right of her chest. Although she was the Leader of the Kikogawa Army, in other words one of the strongest imperial armies out there, she wasn't as intimidating as her title. The heiress dismissed her soldiers, therefore every human leaving the hall other than the Leader and the Heiress.

"You're here early, Whee-pup." The heiress' voice transitioned from formally thin to that of a colloquial vocabulary. 

Wheein chuckled, "You're so proper in front of everyone else yet when it comes to me you're as casual as you could get, Solar-unnie." She smiled, her silver sword hanging loosely on her hip. It's casing reflected the rays that seeped through the little slits between the curtains.

Solar, or rather the heiress of this fair town, smiled sweetly, "Well how can I be formal to you? I can barely take you seriously." She practically laughed, hiding her snicker beneath her hand. Wheein only rolled her eyes as she leaned against one of the marble walls. 

"Flattering that you respect my position as commander." She whined, crossing her arms whilst looking away from her higher status of a friend. Solar sighed, though playfully, stepping away from her throne she grabbed a small coin and tossed it at the said commander. Wheein was such a softy and in Solar's eyes, she was still a child who was yet to grow out of her little shell of naive nature. It's still pretty shocking when Wheein was the one who led their army to victory during the battles, which were quite a bloodbath.

"Anyway-" Solar cleared , waving away most of the humorous atmosphere and taking in some of the serious situations that may occur, "-You know why I called you here right?"

Wheein nodded, pushing herself off from the marble wall, a proud grin spreading across her features like a child who received her first compliment from a noble soldier, "To take care of Kikogawa while you're gone? Unnie, you literally lectured me about this for the past 5 days. If you have new information about your trip then tell me and if not then please, save your breath." She chuckled, shrugging at Solar's disapproval with the sudden sass. 

"Fine." Solar grunted, "The servant said you looked afraid. Why is that?" She stepped down her throne, now standing face to face with Wheein who looked much more appreciative when the heiress was finally willing to talk personally. Wheein's innocent grin faltered and it had fallen into the state of mixe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter