[1] Jennie

Retreat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slowly opened my eyes, the ray of the sun already hitting my face. Wait, what time is it? I ask, my body slowly moving to sit on the bed. Lying next to me was a man I met at a bar last night, we got drunk and you know what happened next. Without wearing anything on me, I got up from the bed to pick up my clothes scattered around the room. I'm too drunk to remember why my clothes are here and there.

"...Hey." Just as I'm about to zip my skirt, the man had woke up. Great. I turned around and looked at him in the eyes, I'm pretty sure mine was emotionless because that's just me, I don't even know him so it's pretty normal for me to feel nothing towards him, right? "Are you leaving already?" He asked. I've seen that kind of eyes before. He was hopeful. "Want to have breakfast with me?" He followed up and lets out a small smirk. Oh boy, trust me, you're not the iest man that I know of.

"No, thanks." Was my reply. Rule #1 of dating The Kim Jennie, you should know that I don't date exclusively. I continued zipping up my skirt, knowing that the smirk plastered on his face was immediately replaced with a sad, disappointed look. I casually walked on the other side of the room to pick up my bag, aware that he was watching me.

"Jennie---"

Nope. No, you won't. "Thanks for last night, Chanyeol. My schedule's pretty tight today so I better go." I cut him off immediately and headed towards the door. Man, how I wished I didn't get out just yet.

 

 

 

BREAKING NEWS: ACTRESS/MODEL KIM JENNIE WAS CAUGHT HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH A MARRIED MAN.

BREAKING NEWS: ACTRESS & RUNWAY MODEL KIM JENNIE WAS CAPTURED LEAVING A MARRIED MAN'S CONDO UNIT.

BREAKING NEWS: "JENNIE IS NOTHING BUT A HOMEWRECKER!" WIFE OF PARK CHANYEOL (ACTRESS & SUPERMODEL KIM JENNIE'S LOVER) ALREADY RELEASED AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT.

I never thought that one small mistake could make your life turn into a huge mess. It has been a week when I got drunk, alone. It has been a week when I ed with a man I didn't know was married all along. It has been a week when the group of paparazzi successfully tear down my 15-years career in the show business industry. Tch. As if I care. Give it a month, or two and you all will be hungry, looking for me.

"How can you even smile at a time like this, Jennie?" Mr. Song Seungheon - my current manager asked, an eyebrow raised at me. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest. He had always been strict towards me as if I'm not bringing tons of money to his company. "Jennie, I hope you understand that this is a serious matter. You could be jailed!"

"I have lots of lawyers to defend me," I replied, calm as usual. I glanced at him and saw how tensed he looked right now. Oh right, when was the last time he didn't feel like it? "C' mon, lighten up. They aren't even together anymore. I bet she just wanted to become famous and you know the paparazzi, they want to bring me down."

"Exactly the point! That's why I always tell you, I always remind you to be very cautious, right?" Mr. Song isn't going to back down anytime soon and so I breathe out in reply and remained quiet. "You know what, you need a break."

Now you're talking. "Oh, yes I do," I replied, tilting my head to the side. It has been three years since I had a long vacation. The maximum they could offer me was two weeks. "One month." I negotiated.

Mr. Song shook his head. "Make it two."

Say what now? Two months of vacation?? "Deal," I said, knowing it is for my advantage. I've been wanting to go back to Greece, or Paris, or maybe New Zealand. Ha! At last.

"Pack your bags and don't worry about anything. I'll have Sara arrange it for you." Mr. Song sighed and I smiled in return. He had always been strict, yes, but he's a good manager.

"Fine," I said as I stand up on my feet, taking my purse with me. "Have a good night, Mr. Song."

 

 

 

"Are you ing kidding me?" I'm trying so hard to control myself right now. This is madness, improper, humiliating and very, as in very ridiculous. Sara, my personal assistant, just smiled at me. Ugh, I hate that smile. It gives off an unnatural vibe.

"This is what Mr. Song had me arranged, Ms. Kim. There's no need to worry. Luna Island is completely safe and it is famous for its great hospitality towards its guests. They have recreational activities you can enjoy during your stay here---"

"Two months?! He gave me two months of vacation and he's sending me to a freaking island?! They don't even have electricity and Wi-Fi here?!" I'm starting to lose it. Any minute now and I'm pretty sure I'll be bursting into tears. This is plain bull. I looked at my phone and to my dismay, there's not even a signal.

"Ms. Kim, Luna Island might lack electricity and cellular sites but rest assured that you will find yourself enjoying your vacation here. Now, don't be such a spoiled brat or else I'll drag you out of this boat. In case you haven't noticed, the captain needs to drive back home." Sara nodded towards the captain - who has been watching us.

Well, usually, I wouldn't care but I dunno, I find myself grabbing my stuff - a huge navy blue backpack behind me, a huge brown bag on my left hand and my pink suitcase on my right hand. Yep, when I go for some 'vacation', I tend to bring my house with me.

"Uh, let me help you with that."

I looked up and saw a man - a topless man whose probably confident in showing off his precious body built. I'm not the kind of girl easily fascinated with six-pack abs, maybe because I've seen and tasted lots of them already. Mr. Topless was smiling at me, showing off his complete, bright teeth. If I'd be honest, he looks handsome, yet he isn't my type. I let go of my things an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter