Say my name and everything just stops

Sunshine Dancer

 

 

He obviously saw the shock on your face, quickly backpedaling from his more than flirty question.

“Yaa, I’m just joking, y/n. Don’t worry, our friendship means too much to me to risk it with stupid ideas like that. Come on, have you forgotten how to take a joke?” His hand rubbing the back of his head, he turns away from you, hiding the pain in his eyes.

Your heart drops, of course it’s not worth risking your friendship. Why would you ever consider anything else? Today has your mind warped somehow. The smiles, the handholding, you do all that with your female friends, why would it suddenly mean something else with him?

You shake your head, letting out a small laugh, you´re laughing at your own stupidity.

You decide to ignore the awkwardness between the two of you, grabbing his hand, just to prove a point, and dragging him on through the store.

He seems to share your attitude towards the subject, aggressively ignoring it and going back to how you acted towards each other before his comment.

And so the day continues, shop to shop, a cafe in between, just a guy and a girl, being friends, holding hands. No romance whatsoever.

The day flies by like that, and in no time, it’s evening, both of you laden with shopping bags, you make your way back home for some dinner.

“Don’t worry, I’ll cook us something good and then we can just spend the rest of the evening on the couch, with whatever show you want.” Hobi says, noting how you wince as you sit down, your back sore from carrying a bag full of books, the dumbest decision you made today being going to the bookstore first. You’ve been carrying what feels like 3 tons of books for hours now, it’s taken its toll.

 

You’ve barely taken off your shoes as you already collapse on the couch, your shopping just strewn somewhere in the general direction of your room.

You spread across the whole couch, your eyes closed and your tongue hanging out of your mouth overdramatically. You hear him walk across the room and peeking through your pretend-closed eyelids, you see him shaking with laughter while he carefully steps over the mess you’ve made just seconds after coming in.

“Aaaah, I guess you’re not up for going out dancing tonight, huh? I just got a text from my friend Jimin, you know, the ace from my ballett course? He and some of the other dancers are going out tonight to get absolutely trashed. I guess it’s their way of celebrating that we are done with training for the semester. Anyways, they invited us along. But you look too dead to go so I guess I’ll tell them no.” He grins at you, your exhaustion suddenly gone.

“Wait, Jimin? And a whole bunch of dancers? That’s the best kind of party! Of course I am in. Let’s eat and start pre-gaming. They can come over later before we head to the club.”

He laughs as you jump up, collecting your stuff and heading for your room, your brain already in overdrive while you plan your outfit for the night. If you’re going out with the dancers you need to bring your A-game, outfit wise. They’re all ridiculously hot, built like gods and obviously know how to dance, so you have to at least look flamin’ hot while trying to keep up with them on a night out.

As you bring the last bag in your room, you hear Hoseok behind you: “Maybe your favourite muscle boy, JK will be there as well, you want me to help you pick out an outfit?” He drags out the words, his tone almost mocking as he talks about the younger dancer. The boy had caught you eye the first time you had gone out with the dancers, his sweet smile and adorable laugh combined with his insanely buff physique making him quite the dream guy. But you had forgotten about him just as fast. But after today, you need someone, someone to make you feel good, so you might as well try for the Kookie.

“Sure, I could definitely use a man’s perspective. I mean if you say I look delicious, maybe JK will think so too, right?” You don’t even look back as you say that, too scared of his reaction. Why can’t you just be normal around each other again? Why did your friendship become so awkward? This is how it used to be, just being a wingman for each other, supporting and fun, when did it turn into this awkward mess?

Behind you, your best friend looks like he’s been punched in the gut. Your casual approach to trying to get with one of his friends hitting him way harder than it should. But you don’t see that, you only see his back as you turn around and he has already started preparing food, choosing to hide his emotions once again.

The tension between the two of you is almost palpable over dinner, but you both choose to ignore it, instead joking and singing along to the music in the background as you always do. You have already started drinking, and the tension dissolves quickly as you turn into a careless happy version of yourself, a version that doesn’t have to pretend to forget what happened during the day. She really doesn’t care. So you dance around the kitchen cleaning and singing while you take a sip of your drink whenever possible.

After you finish cleaning after the meal and making the flat presentable for your guests, the time has come for your fashion show.

You already know what you want to wear tonight, and it has nothing to do with JK anymore. They say alcohol brings clarity, and it has never been more clear in your mind than right now. You only want Hobi. No other person has ever meant this much to you. You don’t know when it changed from platonic to romantic feelings, but it definitely has. And if his actions over the day have been any indication, he might feel the same.

You try out 5 outfits all in all, playfully modeling each one in front of him while he sips on his drink. You see how his eyes glaze over at the more revealing outfits, see them go back to normal as he remembers that you’re explicitly dressing like this for someone else. His sips turn to gulps and soon he’s on his second and then third drink.

As he sits down on the couch with his third drink, his cheeks flushed from the alcohol already, you come out in the outfit you had picked all along.

It’s a black dress, a v-neck and a low back, the skirt fashioned in a way that it flows around your hips, short enough to be alluring yet long enough to be comfortable to wear. You bought it today. When you tried it on in the shop, you saw Hoseok’s reaction. His jaw had dropped at the sight of you. So you bought it. Because if your best friend likes it that much, you have to buy it.

As he looks up at you, you see his eyes darken, the alcohol bringing a certain clarity to his feelings as well, it seems.

He swallows hard, but as he tries to speak, nothing comes out. His face heating up with a deep blush, he can only give you a thumbs up and a nod, making you laugh.

“Oh, so you like it?” you say with a giggle, twirling a little, making the skirt fly around your thighs before you walk towards him, stealing a sip from his drink as you try to hold back the laughter at his stunned face.

Emboldened even further by the alcohol, you plant a quick kiss on his cheek, and decide to put on a few songs on the speakers, hiding your intentions in plain sight as you go to get another drink from the kitchen, the setting sun making your skin glow, making it impossible for Hoseok to say a word as the second song you put on hits it’s chorus.

 

*Say my name and everything just stops

I dont want you like a best friend

Only bought this dress so you could take it off*


 

You turn around, looking right at him, catching his stare with your eyes as his phone rings.