Can't help myself

Sunshine Dancer

As awkward as the morning was between the two of you, it doesn’t take long for you to all into old rhythms, into the comfort of best friends hanging out together. Sitting down on the bus, Hoseok immediately takes out his phone, his headphones and hands it to you: “Download that song you were listening to before. And queue some songs.” 
Seconds later the two of you start jamming together, sharing the earbuds and bopping along almost in synch, silently singing at each other when the song hits the chorus.

*I never knew anybody ‘til I knew you
And I know when it rains, oh, it pours
And I know I was born to be yours*

You’re all smiles and laughter, almost dancing in your seats despite being on a bus, and the time of day. It just feels natural, the happiness that accompanies you whenever you’re around Hobi and both of you are relaxed like this. 
After a few minutes, as the display announces the next stop, a lady that was sitting behind you gets up to get off, stopping beside your seat, smiling at the two of you: “You two make a cute couple, but maybe a bit quieter? Not all of us are this awake and happy at 8 on a Saturday.” She says with a smile before walking off the bus, leaving you and Hobi in shocked silence. 
The silence quickly turns into uncontrollable giggles as Hoseok nudges you with his elbow “A cute couple, huh? How many times have we heard that now? A thousand times for sure!”
Caught up in giggling at the lady’s remark, you almost miss your stop, hurriedly pressing the button and jumping up just in time. 
In your hurry, you just grab Hobi’s hand, dragging him with you, off the bus and towards your usual cafe. 
It takes you a little while to notice, the fact that you’re holding hands with your best friend, with whom you just laughed at the idea of being a couple. You immediately let go of his hand, as if you’ve been burnt. Your cheeks reddening, you turn away, fishing you sunglasses out of your bag to try and hide some of the embarrassment. 
“Why did you let go? I liked that.”, you hear him say, the voice coming from right behind you. Before you can jump from the surprise, he grabs your hand, rubbing the top of it with his thumb as he smiles at you. 
In your shock, you almost miss the light turning green, so this time it’s him dragging you along.
Not long after you reach the cafe, and as he orders for both of you, you sit down at your usual spot, a booth in the back of the store, the walls lined with old books, both fake and real. 
A few minutes go by before you hear him call your name, waving you over. “I might be paying but you still gotta help me carry this stuff. Come on!” 
With a smile you go help him, finding two trays laden with not only coffee but also a piece of cake and a sandwich each. 
Sitting back down, you start eating and chatting away, conversation flowing naturally between you just like it has for years.
“Oh! Oh! Listen! I asked them to put on a song, I guess it finally came up in the queue! I wanted to show it to you before but we got so caught up in your music that I forgot.”
“You should’ve said something if you wanted to put on music.” You frown at him, not serious at all.

*I can’t help myself
Wanna be with you, you tonight
No more playing cool, cool,
You and I*

The song sounds like sunshine, the lyrics careless and fun, and as per usual, your body automatically starts moving along to the beat, swaying and jamming silently as the smile on his face broadens. 
“I love it! What’s it called?”
“It’s “Can’t help myself” by Eric Nam. I am glad you like it. I thought it would be a great song for today. You know, with the sunshine and your energetic start into the day.” At the last words, he lets out a small giggle, winking at you across the table.

You sit at that table for a while. It’s easy to get lost in conversation with someone you love so dearly. When all the food is eaten and your last sip of coffee is long cold, you remember that you two were supposed to go shopping, so you look up the stores you wanted to go to, checking for sales and events, already planning the best route to visit all of them. 
“Let’s head out, we can go to your usual fave first, it’s next door to Lush. So I can get a refill of that shampoo you like to use when you think I won’t notice.” You wink at Hoseok, the dancer looking down in faked shame before he jumps up, collecting his stuff and grinning. 
“Yea, let’s go, pretty girl.” 
As soon as you’re out of the cafe he grabs your hand again, caressing it like did before as he smiles at you and pulls you in the direction of the store. Meanwhile you’re left to struggle to put on your sunglasses with one hand as well as trying to keep your bag on your shoulder.
As to be expected, you trip over your own feet, almost falling flat on your face since both of your hands are occupied with other things. 
Luckily, your sunshine dancer is right there, his hands quicker than yours as he catches you, his hands holding up your body by your shoulders as he shakes with laughter. 
The shock can’t even set in as you’re already getting looked at weirdly from all sides and your best friend is almost Buckling over with laughter at your clumsiness. 
“You can’t just grab my hand and drag me on, Hoseok. I can’t concentrate on fixing my sunglasses And walking on cobblestones at the kind of running speed you call walking.” 
Your embarrassment once again manifests in anger, which only fuels his laughter. 
“Holy you’re cute when you’re angry…” He wheezes out between two bouts of laughter. 
You just ignore his comment, already walking on, leaving him behind to laugh by himself. 
He catches up to you quickly though, his relaxed jog coming up behind you before you’ve even rounded the next corner. 
“Come on! Are you really angry at me for calling you cute?” He steps in front of you, stopping you in your tracks as he holds your chin, the second time today, to force you to look at him. “I Do think you’re cute. And even cuter when you’re angry. Or dancing around the kitchen half at 7 in the morning. I like you, okay? Now can you calm down so we can continue having such a nice day together?” 
You can’t help but smile at his sweet words, your anger already vanished as soon as he faced you. So you just wordlessly grab his hand and start walking at a more relaxed pace, basking in the surprise and faint blush on his face. 
The next few hours are spent shopping, for clothes, for make-up, for books and music. Your hands interlocked almost nonstop. Every piece of clothing you find, you model it for him, and he does the same for you. If your best friend doesn’t like it, why would you buy it? 
As you walk hand in hand through a big clothing store, looking for the changing rooms, you suddenly feel Hoseok tug on your hand. 
“How ‘bout that?”, he says, a sly smile on his face as he points towards the lingerie section. 
Stopping dead in your tracks, your mouth hanging open, eyes wide in shock, you don’t know how to respond. 
“You know, since you superliked me and you live with me, I feel like this is only a natural next step. Let me pick out some cute stuff for you and you can wear it to our first date?” The smugness fades from his tone as he almost stutters into the question.