Chapter 3

Can You Reach My Heart?♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyun's POV

I smiled to myself as I made my way into my dance studio classroom. The studio had students spread all over the place, stretching and practicing some dance moves. Since I transferred here last minute, I was told that I would have to be put in beginners class since the advanced class was full already. I was a bit disappointed at first but I didn't mind. Not only would I be able to refresh my mind with the basics, but it also gave me a chance to show off a bit here and there. Hey, if I'm good at something I should embrace it right? But I won't do too much to stand out. 

"Good afternoon class, My name is Professor Hsu. Shall we start warming up?" the professor said, walking into the class. " We will be covering different dance styles throughout the semester to see which style fits each of you the best. From here, you guys choose if you want to continue dance or not."

While warming up I overheard some girls conversations.

"I heard that Jimin oppa is in the advanced class. I'm only here because that gives me a chance to get close to him" one girl whispered

"I know!! Imagine dancing with oppa!!" her friend squealed back. 

I scoffed listening to their conversation. These girls aren't going to last in this class if they really are here just for that Jimin guy. That must the friend Taehyung was talking about. This guy better be godlike if these girls are going through the pain of learning how to dance just to be close to him. I admired their dedication, but it takes more passion than that to put your all into dance. 

After warming up, we went straight into dancing. The first style we started learning was hip-hop. My specialty was contemporary, but I was still good in other styles as well. We started off by learning the basics for locking and popping. Since many of the students are new to dance, learning basics locking took some time. Afterward, we moved on to learning to do a bit of freestyle with what we just learned. 

"Okay class, I will now tell you what I expect you to do for the next class. I will show you a choreography that I have prepared.  I expect you guys to have the dance memorized for the next class as well as including some freestyle dance of your own." The professor announced. Everyone started complaining while I sat down and took out my phone, ready to record the dance. 

The choreo wasn't hard but if you are new to dance, it could be a bit challenging. Everyone was sharing numbers to send each other the video of the choreo when the professor spoke up. 

"Okay everyone listen up. For the next class, I will be assigning partners. Before we start dancing, you guys need to become comfortable with each other because some dances require you to have perfect teamwork and trust in each other. Be prepared with the choreo! That's all" The professor said as she dismissed us. 

I was about to wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter