Chapter 18

Can You Reach My Heart?♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyuns pov

My heart, at this point, felt like it was pounding its way out of my chest. I knew I didn't have a reason to fear Jimin at all, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated.

"You said you want to talk to me yet you're just standing there. Am I supposed to read your mind?" Jimin said in a cold low tone.

"Right um," I looked around the café. "How about we take a seat?" I suggested.

Jimin just shrugged and started walking towards and a table. He plopped down on the chair and kept his eyes on me as I took a seat in front of him. I was trying to figure out how to casually bring up what happened the night he seemed mad, but Jimin spoke up before I could even say anything.

"Can I ask you something?"His low voice sent shivers down my spine. "Do you see me as a joke?"

I tilted my head in confusion because of his question. "Why would you ever think such a thing?" Is that how he thinks I view him?

"Sooyun please don't lie to me. If you're just going to use me for your own benefit then I don't want anything to do with you." He snapped out.

"Jimin what the hell are you saying?" My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to understand what was going on for him to suddenly lash out like that.

"You're little dance classmates came up to me saying they overheard you telling your friends that you're only getting close to me to get into the advanced classes." He kept his dark eyes on me almost as if he were waiting for my next move.

My eyes widened when I heard him say all that. I couldn't believe anything that was coming out of his mouth.

"What? Are you shocked that you got caught?" His shoulders bounced a bit as he scoffed and proceeded to cross his arms.

"No. I'm shocked that you would believe that bull," I said a bit louder than I should've, causing a few people to turn their attention to us. "Do you even know them well enough to trust their words?"

"Technically, I just met you too so how does that make you any different from them?" He slammed his hands on the table, causing me to jump a little at the sudden noise.

More eyes were on us now, waiting to see where our conversation would end up. I quickly looked around the cafe and decided to calm myself down before making an even bigger scene. Not only that but loud noises would only make my headache worse. "Have I not shown you enough of me to prove I'm trustworthy?" I said in a quieter tone.

Jimin's forehead furrowed as if he was trying to remember something important.

"Jimin," my pleading eyes met his eyes almost as if I could find an answer somewhere in them. "Have I ever done anything to make you think I'm using you?"

Jimin's face softened after a few seconds and he suddenly buried his face in his hands. "I ed up didn't I?" His voice was muffled because of his hands, but I could hear the regret in his words.

"Why would you even believe such a thing?" I was hurt by the fact that he quick to believe someone's words without talking to me about it first.

I heard him take a deep before removing his hands from his face. Our eyes met quickly before he took his phone out and started typed something quickly. He was bouncing his leg as he tapped away on his phone.

I got a bit annoyed that in the middle of our conversation, he would take out his phone like that, but I didn't want to start a bigger argument because of it so, I just quietly eyed him.

He ran his hand through his hair and sighed as he put his phone down on the table and met my eyes. His once cold eyes were now almost like those of a puppy. "Listen," he began saying. "I know I owe you an apology, but I would like to share something with you first." He nervously drank his now cold coffee as I kept my eyes on him, waiting for him to continue speaking. We sat in silence for a few seconds as he seemed to be in deep thought about what to say.

I wanted to lighten the mood a bit since he did seem a bit tense so I decided to joke and repeat what he said to me earlier. "You said you want to share something with me yet you're just sitting there. Am I supposed to read your mind?" I gave him a small smile to make sure he knew I was just joking around.

He returned the small smile and took another deep breath to calm himself. "Okay so I don't know if any of the guys have told you about this but I was in a relationship a while ago."

I didn't know what his past relationship had to do with the argument we had earlier, but I just nodded my head hoping he would continue talking.

"I know you're probably confused as to why I'm bringing that up but I swear it plays a role in all of this." At this point, it just sounded as if he was nervously rambling on. His leg was bouncing up and down and he spoke quickly as if he was running out of time. It was getting me a bit anxious seeing him like that.

"Jimin, I'm sure what you have to say is important but if you don't feel comfortable, please don't force yourself," I said reassuringly.

I could see him become less tense with my words. He stopped bouncing his leg and shift in the chair as he crossed his legs. He took the final sips of his coffee and softly nodded his head.

"I dated my ex for quite some time until she broke up with me out of nowhere. Turns out she only dated me because I was the top dancer at our high school." He chuckled after saying that, but it wasn't a happy chuckle, it was one full of pain.

He looked down at his lap for a few seconds before clearing his throat and making eye contact with me. The corner of his mouth was quirked up as if he were trying to smile, but his eyes exposed his true feelings. They were gloomy and filled with sadness.

"I instantly thought of my ex when I was told that you were planning to use me. I wasn't able to think properly to know that it was a lie." He seemed disappointed in himself as he finished his sentence.

I was planning on comforting him, but I suddenly remembered something. "Wait so, the day I met you at the dance studio, did you lashing out at me have something to do with her too?"

He frowned hearing me ask that question. "That day, I found out that she got married. It shouldn't have affected me so much but because she left me all of a sudden and quickly got engaged afterward, it makes me think she was cheating on me the whole time." His voice was starting to become less stable as he was trying not to cry. "Guess I was never good enough for her."

"She never deserved to have such a kindhearted person like you care for her." I grabbed onto Jimin's hands that were on the table and held them between my hands. "Believe me when I say you'll find someone who will love and cherish you for who you are."

He gave me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter