A Quick Introduction to Their World

Cat and Dog

   Before we jump into this story, I want to explain the world in which the story takes place. I will introduce words/phrases as well as rankings you will see throughout the story.

 

Rankings:

   Alpha-the strongest in the Pack. Mostly male. Female Alphas are extremely rare. Naturally muscular. Will often be hostile if they see a threat towards themselves or their Mate. Experiences Rut every three months.

   Beta-the common rank. Makes up most of the Hybrid population. Is docile most of the time but might attack if harm comes toward them. Does not experience Rut or Heat.

   Omega-the caregivers. Used to be mostly female until the Hybrid population drop, now male Omegas are just as common as females. Naturally submissive. All Omegas are fertile and can get pregnant, even the males. Males are less fertile than females and can only get pregnant during their Heat, which happens every three months.

 

Terms/phrases:

   Mate-a Hybrid’s one and only partner. Hybrids have a special partner that was made for them. They can identify their Mate by smell, as their scent would be more potent and attractive to them compared to other Hybrids. Mate pairings are normally AxO, AxB, BxB, or BxO (A=Alpha, B=Beta, O=Omega). When they feel ready, the couple will share Mating Bonds on the neck during an intimate moment, permanently marking them theirs.

   Presentation-a Hybrid’s puberty. A Hybrid will present as an Alpha, Beta, or Omega between the ages of 14-21. An Alpha will have an aching mouth (jaws, teeth) as the canine teeth get longer and sharper as well as feeling extremely agitated and moody for a few days before going into their first Rut. An Omega will experience cramps in their abdomen due to the reproductive organs being ready to have babies. The cramps are more painful to males due to their hipbones having to shift to birth properly. They go into Heat within a week. A Beta will not go through these (females will still get cramps because they can still have kids).

   Rut-an Alpha goes into Rut every three months. During this time they have a special “craving” that can only be helped by overpowering someone of a lower rank. If another Alpha is near them during their Rut they will get aggressive and try to fight. This lasts 3-7 days.

   Heat-an Omega goes into Heat every three months. During this time they have a special “craving” that can only be helped by someone of a higher rank. If another Omega is near them during their Heat, they become whiny and might cry. This lasts 3-7 days.

   Purebred-a Hybrid who’s traceable family is all the same breed (kind of dog/cat they are). Purebreds are very often birthed by Breeders and bought by people who put them in Pageants. Purebreds are often seen as uptight and spoiled (which is often wrong) and get a lot of hate.

   Mutt-a mixed breed Hybrid. A Hybrid is labeled a Mutt if they are mixed race (ethnicity) or their breed can’t be easily identified (can’t tell by looking). Mutts are seen as a lower class, even for Alphas. No one really knows why. Some people are just jerks.

   Breeder-a human whose job is to breed Purebred Hybrids and sell them for a lot of money. Breeders see Hybrids as less than human so they have no problem with forcing Hybrids to do the dirty and pop out babies like Pez dispensers. When a Hybrid becomes too old to have kids the Breeder will kick them out with very little money. Breeders are heartless and I hate them.

   Pageants-a Hybrid equivalent of a dog show. Humans will show off their Purebred Hybrids in a contest that judges appearance, behavior, and talents. Most of these Pageants have a cash prize. Another example of humans beings jerks to Hybrids because they have fuzzy ears and tails.

   Masters-a Hybrid’s owner. Most Hybrids get abandoned at birth, so they get adopted by humans. Masters often choose a Hybrid over a cat or dog because they are more independent (as teens/adults) and can talk. Not all the humans are going to be mean I promise.

   Pack-a group of Hybrids. They normally have an Alpha leader. The Pack consists of its friends, family, and Mate. Hybrids are always loyal to their Pack.

Characters:

   Soobin-

     -age 18

     -senior

     -Tuxedo Hybrid (black cat with white patches on face, chest, paws, and tail)

     -Alpha

   Yeonjun-

     -age 19

     -senior

     -Samoyed Hybrid (basically a pure white Husky. Look it up it’s majestic as hell.)

     -Omega

   Beomgyu-

     -age18

     -junior

     -Purebred Golden Retriever Hybrid (I don’t know how to describe but everyone has seen one so it’s okay)

     -has yet to be presented

   Taehyun-

     -age 17

     -sophomore

     -Ragdoll Hybrid (fluffy cream colored cat with dark brown patches on chest, face, ears, and tail)

     -has yet to be presented

   Kai-

     -age 16

     -freshman

     -Mutt (he’s a mix of a German Shepard and a Poodle)

     -has yet to be presented

 

   So yeah this is kind of the basics of this world that has parked itself into my brain. Hopefully someone finds this interesting (if so please say it in the comments. They encourage me to write more. :))

   Later.