RUMORS

CHANYEOL SUNBAE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol stops in front of Baekhyun’s room. “Is he in?” He wonders to himself. It has been couple of days since the last time he saw Byun. Trying his luck, he knocks the door for couple of times, but there is no answer. He just sigh softly and walks to his room. He throws himself on the bed after he places his backpack on his desk.

“mmm…” His mind brings back to the conversation he has with Yoona during yesterday lunch.

Flashback

“Yeol ah… Can’t we just date?” Yoona asked.

Chanyeol, who is eating his steak, stop his action.

“I has confessed to you for couple of times since we first met during the first semester, but you always said that you are not ready to date.” Yoona said.

Chanyeol hates this conversation. He just think of Yoona as a close friend. Yes, Yoona has confessed to him for like couple of times already but every time she did, he will always say that he is not ready to date anyone. Well, the real reason is, he can’t forget the certain nerd that he has crush on while he was in high school.

“Yeol ah…” Yoona reaches for Chanyeol’s hand.

Chanyeol looks at her. “I am sorry, Yoona… I don’t think I am ready to date you now…”

Yoona sighs and retreat her hand from Chanyeol. “Until when, Yeol? When will you able to forget that crush of you?” She asked. “I have been waiting for a year for you.”

“I did not ask you to wait.” Chanyeol said. “I told you and I already make it clear to you that I am not ready to date and I don’t want you to wait for me until I am ready. I told you that we can be friend, but I can’t date you. Yes, I admit that I like you, but just as a friend.”

“I don’t want to be just friend, Yeol. I want to be more than a friend.” Yoona said.

Chanyeol sighs. “Please Yoona, you are making things hard for me, for us.” He said. Placing his fork and knife on the table, he could see that Yoona looks down and kind of a bit hurt. “I am sorry that I can’t return back the feeling you have to me. I just not ready. Let’s just stay as friend, okay?”

Yoona slowly nods. “mmm…” Well, she failed again today but that does not mean that she will give up now. She will try again next time.

End of Flashback

Chanyeol feels so wrong to keep on rejecting Yoona for couple of times already. He knows that Yoona might feel hurt, but he does not want to accept Yoona just because he feels pity of her because that will surely hurt her more.

Actually, Kyungsoo and Sehun also keep trying to match him up with some girls, but he just turns their offer, only for a certain cute nerd that he fell in love to during his high school. He takes out his wallet from the back pocket of his jean. He opens it and takes out the photo that he hides right behind of his family’s photo.

It is a photo that he takes in secret, a photo of a certain cute nerd, smiling, wearing school uniform with a red knitted scarf around his neck.

“Baekhyun… I love you… When can I see you again? If we are not going to see each other… at least send me someone to help me forget you…”

__

Baekhyun wants to curse himself, he feels like knocking his head on the wall. Why the hell did he volunteer for this? What if he lost? What if he brings shame to the entire of his course?

“I am happy that both of you volunteer.” Heechul said.

Baekhyun glances at Irene beside of him. Irene is going to compete as the princess while he is the prince. He could see that Irene is indeed beautiful and lot of Sunbaes already has their eyes on her.

“Well, I am not really volunteering, but it is okay.” Irene said.

“And you too, Chen.” Heechul looks at Chen who is sitting beside of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looks at Chen. Chen agrees to help the two and becoming their manager until the day of the competition. It is not really a manager, but Chen will need to make sure that the two will ready for the preparation of the competition. Soon, they will have a photo-shoot, group training performance where they will join with other contestant from other courses to do the opening performance. Chen is like a PA for the two and he will always need to be there for the two schedule.

“So, this is like the schedule for you two. The competition will take place like one month from now and this year, they decide to have an outdoor photo-shoot, is not that great? It is like we will go to a trip.”

Baekhyun looks at the schedule and kind of surprise. It seems like for the one month, he will lost the time for him to play his game. He checks the date of the outdoor photo-shoot and it will be 3 days 2 nights trip.

“And you guys also need to prepare for your own performance.” Heechul said. “I am sure that Baekhyun will sing, what about you, Irene?”

“mmm… Maybe I will just dance or something.” Irene said.

“Okay, we will work it out on then and for you, Baekhyun…” Heechul turns to Baekhyun. “I am thinking, can you play any instrument?”

“Instrument? Mmm… I know piano a bit, but the last time I play piano when I was 5. So… I don’t think I can play it well now.” Baekhyun answers. “Why?”

“mmm… I was thinking if you can sing while playing instrument like guitar or something.” Heechul said.

“I don’t know how to play guitar.” Baekhyun said and scratches the back his neck.

Heechul thinks for a while. “Then, if someone teach you, can you learn in in 1 month?”

“mmm… Maybe?” Baekhyun asked.

Heechul nods. “Then, I will look for someone to teach you. Plus, you are part of the Singing Club, so it will not be hard. Some of the members also know how to play guitar and I am sure one of them can teach you.”

“Okay, then…” Baekhyun nods.

“I want you two to do the best for this competition. There will be three awards for this competition and I want all of that goes to our course.” Heechul said.

“What are these three?” Chen asked.

“First, of course it is the Prince and the Princess. Second, the popularity award and the last one is the best performance. Last year, there is no the best performance, but they decide to add it this year.” Heechul said.

The three nods.

___

“What? You too?” Baekhyun asked and kind of can’t believe that.

“Yes and thanks to this Hyung here for that.” Jongin said.

Luhan smiles and shows the peace sign with his fingers. “I am sorry, I think that you can do it, Jongin. You have the look and you are kind of popular because of the dance that you performed that night.”

“Ugh… Whatever.” Jongin said. He turns to Baekhyun. “But, I am glad that you also join that competition.”

“Well, I am not glad at all. I think I am going to lose to you.” Baekhyun said. “Never that I had dream before that I am going to go against you.”

“Yah, you can’t just say that. Who know that you will win? Don’t give up, Baekkie.” Luhan said. Baekhyun smiles and continues to eat his dinner. He also did the same, but he stops and looks at Baekhyun again. “Baekkie ah…”

“mmm?” Baekhyun respond.

Jongin who is eating his chicken also looks at Luhan.

“I have something to tell you.” Luhan said.

“What it is?” Baekhyun asked.

“mmm… about that Chanyeol Sunbae that you like…” Luhan said.

“What about him?” Baekhyun asked and looks at Luhan.

“I heard some bad rumors about him, Baekkie.” Luhan said even he is a bit hesitant to tell that.

“What rumors?” Baekhyun asked, putting his chopstick down.

Jongin also kind of focus on Luhan and also wants to know what kind of rumors that Luhan had heard.

“I heard that he is kind of playboy and he just sleeps with anyone that throw theirselves at him.” Luhan said.

“What?” Baekhyun asked and kind of shock. “Hyung… Where did you heard that?”

“I just heard it earlier from some girls.” Luhan said.

Baekhyun looks down, he somehow does not want believe that.

“Baekkie…” Luhan place his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Baekkie ah, it might be just some rumors. It might not even true.” Jongin said, try to cheer Baekhyun up.

Baekhyun looks up at Jongin. “You think so?”

“mmm… So, don’t be sad, okay? It just some rumors.” Jongin said.

“Right, Baekkie… I am sorry that I told you this.” Luhan said.

Baekhyun shook his head. “It is okay, Hyung. At least you told me now rather than I heard this rumor from someone else.” He forces a smile to them. “Let’s eat so that we could go back to our room and rest.”

___

Chanyeol walks to the door, wiping his wet hair with the towel. He was in the shower when he heard someone keeps on knocking the door. So, he just walks out from the bathroom, wearing his bathrobe and goes to opens the door. After he opens the door, he is being greeted by a crying Yoona in front of the door. “Yoona… What are you doing here? Why are you crying?”

“I… I want to apologize about yesterday.” Yoona said. “I know that… I was being so pushy…”

“Yoona ah…”

“Please don’t avoid me.” Yoona said. “You were avoiding me in class earlier and… it hurts me…”

“Yoona ah, I did not avoid you. I was need to left in hurry because I have some matter that I need to attend.” Chanyeol said.

“You… you really did not avoid me?” Yoona asked.

Chanyeol shook his head. “No, we are friend. Why would I avoid you?”

Yoona sobs and she suddenly hugs Chanyeol, crying on Chanyeol’s bare chest.

Chanyeol sighs and he rubs Yoona’s back.

___

Baekhyun walks out from the elevator. He keeps thinking about what Luhan told him regarding the rumors. He tries to ignore it and just think that it was fake rumors. He will never believe that hi Chanyeol sunbae is like that.

He just keeps on walking towards his room until his eyes stop at the two people at the end of the hallway which is in front of Chanyeol’s room. He stops taking another step and he just watch that scene.

Chanyeol is wearing a bathrobe and there is a girl that he is hugging. He can’t see that girl’s face because she was hugging Chanyeol and buries her face on Chanyeol’s chest. At that exact moment, he feels like his heart has stop beating, he feels like the time has stop and it feels like he is all alone in this world.

Chanyeol who is rubbing Yoona’s back, turn towards Baekhyun and their eyes meet that make him stop all his action. He just looks at the midget who watches them from where he is standing.

Baekhyun looks away from Chanyeol. He walks to his room and just open the door, get into the room without even looking at that scene again. After he closes the door, he leans on the door and his eyes start to gather tears.

“Why? Why is he there? Wearing bathrobe and… hugging someone like that? Why?” Baekhyun asked. His mind keeps on thinking about something that he wants to deny, but with the rumors that Luhan told him and what he just saw earlier, it makes him hard for him to stop thinking about it. He keeps thinking that Chanyeol probably sleeping with that woman earlier since that tall Giant was wearing the bathrobe.

Baekhyun hugs his knees and buries his face on it. He starts to sobs and his mind keeps on replaying that awful scene.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter