DAY OFF

AVARICIOUS

CHAPTER 10:

She's currently at Joy's house sitting on the couch, because she got a phone call from her. She asked if she could come in her house right now.

 

And she thought that it was emergency so she went immediately to the house. When she arrived at the location, she went inside the house and saw her in sofa sitting comfortably with a remote in her hands as she flipped through channels and watched some random in television.

 

That's why she ended up with Joy's house and sitting without doing anything as she watched Joy watching on Telivision. And thinking that sometimes Joy is weird, Like right now 

 

Seungwan’s POV

​​​​​​

“ So What’s up?” I asked her because she said she have an emergency and she needed me to come on her house immediately.

And as a good manager, of course I would come and be with my star, right?

That’s what always manager do for their actors and actresses. They always come and do some action whenever their stars needed them even though their on tight situation. 

 

​​​​​But I don't know, Maybe  I'm wrong. Maybe their actually Job are Clown. They entertain their star to make them happy, comfortable, and cheerful or...

 

Joy is just being Joy...

 

 

As I look at her, still sitting in her lovely sofa with her eyes still focus on the TV.

And so I went beside her to sit on the sofa to make her face me, because I still don't know why did she call me here.

​​​As am still waiting  beside her, to talk to me for what she want from me that's why she said it's emergency.

Or 

Am I being ignore now after all I came here?

...

 

“ So… what did you talked about yesterday, with Irene?” she diverted her eyes from the TV to me and currently looking into my eyes like YOU-SHOULD-TELL-THE-TRUTH-OR-ELSE-I’M-GONNA-BEAT-YOU-UP.

Whoa There!

Is this the emergency she's talking?!

 

I was caught on guard about the question and I’d never thought that Miss Joy would put her nose into this matter. Like Oh my Gosh I thought I already escaped this yesterday. And I could not talked about…

 

Wait! Wait!

Do I really need to explained? I mean you know… it’s not really important its just that I met Miss Irene because I help Mr. Park about are recent planned to collab with the company and about the launching new product.

 

And Why is this two are eager to asked me?... You know I get their point but sometimes I don’t

 

This two really Love to beaker don’t they? They always get pry each their business and whenever that happen, they always get into fight.

 

Anyway I’m always in a middle…

 

“SEUNGWAN”

 

“SEUNGWAN”

 

“SEUNGWAN”

 

“SEUNGWANIE!”

 

“Y-yes Ms. Joy ?”

 

‘OH yah I forgot she was asking me a question’

 

I didn’t realized I was too engulfed with my own thought, then I look at her and she’s in a cute pout.

 

CUTE

 

gosh why So Cute! >__< She looks so squishy, her chicks… I want to pinch it

 

Waaa Ms. Joy can I keep you in my pocket?!

 

“hmmp I’m asking you a question but I think your mind is in somewhere else so… what did you talked about her? And how did you know her? Are you friends with her?” Joy asked and she looks like she was expecting a good explanation. And whoa! too many question to answer, I think Ms. Joy can work as a detective… Kidding HA HA

 

Maybe I should be careful to explain about everything because if not, I might pulled the trigger

 

“ OH that? Nothing special I guessed, she just asked why I’m with you… and you know, do you remember the day that I went absent. That was the day I went to the company of your father, I help them to organize and assist the paper works that I had been working before. And your Father asked a favor if I could delivered them to Ms Irene so… that was the day that we met. So yeah nothing special”

 

‘Did I explain it well? Hmmm I guessed so’

 

“Oh ok. But what did you tell when she asked you about why I’m with you?” is that her main concern right now? I wish she won’t asked any further explanation about this

 

“ you know I just said that I’m working as your manager” I said then she look me in the eye like she’d not really convinced but I accept your explanation.

 

Please don’t asked anymore or else I might spill something that we’ve keeping Ms. Irene. I guess I need to divert this topic or else…

 

“ so Ms. Joy what do you plan about the contract? Are you going to sign it?” I asked because I want to know what’s on her mind and what she really planning about. And to divert also into different topic

 

“ Maybe on my day off, and it’s my day off today so don’t asked about the contract. I want to relax myself for now or else I might change my mind”

 

Oh Great! I think Ms. Irene would be glad to know this for sure. I need to contact her now and meet her up to tell this good news.

 

“Anyway Seungwanie~ its your day off also right… do you want to spend your day with me? I mean Pweaseee~” she said in aegyo

 

Oh gosh! I think I’m dying. She’s choking me with her cuteness, please someone help me and give some CPR.

 

“ Are you sure you want to spend your day with me? I thought you want to relax your mind and spend your day with your self?” I asked because I never thought that Ms. Joy would asked me to be with her today

 

“ I want to relax but I never said that I would spend my day off with my self. I want to clear my mind somewhere that I could fun and have a happy experience, you know, away from work and stress” she said then she looked me in the eye. From that, her eyes tells everything. She looks like a kid who asking for some candy

KIDDING! Do you think that I have a heart to ignore this cutie patottie

 

Her eyes look pleading and want me to Hug her because of that. You know the way of soul in person is their eyes. Eyes don’t tell lies and I feel that she really want to relieve her stress because recently she have a full packed schedule and I think it worn her out.

“ Ok so where do you want to go?”

 

“ Really?!” she said then hugged me because she feel happy

 

“ Ok I want to go in restaurant and have a buffet there. Anyway I already have a placed where to eat and I got reservation there for the two of us” she said with a glistening eyes.

 

Well that was quick HA HA, I think Ms. Joy already planned this. Anyway its okay at least we don’t have to wait for reservation to eat.

 

“ then maybe we should get going. We can’t afford to waste time. Let’s spend your day with a great experience” I said to her… she really look excited right now and I think she’s imagining about food. You know Ms. Joy really love to eat and her favorite is Chicken.

 

Anyway maybe Ms. Irene could wait…

 

“ Ok just wait here and let me change my clothes” she said and went immediately in her bedroom

 

I didn’t expect that Ms. Joy would book a reservation in a high class restaurant. I mean you know she could informed me about it earlier so I could change in a nice dressed too.

 

I look like a I don’t belong here HU HU HU anyway its Joy’s day so I don’t want to ruined it.

 

After we eat, we decided to go in park to have a relax and just sit there to watch some random people who are having a picnic date or a kid playing on the ground. She’s wearing a face mask right now to covered up her face so they don’t recognized her and to avoid some commotion and to not caught some attention with the paparazzi.

 

I’m glad that Joy have a peaceful look right now that I think she’s not stress anymore

 

“ Did you have fun?” I asked her because she’s in a silent. Not an awkward silent but a peaceful silent

 

“ Yeah… you know what this is my happiest day I’d ever had” she said then she lean her head on my shoulder

 

“ oh that’s great” I said

 

“ Seungwanie… I’m glad that my father choose you to be my manager” she said and I feel flutter about it because she appreciate me as her manager

 

“ I’m also glad to be your Manager too Ms. Joy” I said to her and pat her head

 

“ Seungwanie… can you hug me? Please “ she said and I was stunned because I didn’t expected that she would asked that. And I’m not really fond on skinship but I did obey

 

“ ah hmmm s-sure” then I hugged her. We stayed there in bench while I’m hugging her, and her head lean on my shoulder, we’re watching some people there having a picnic date and some kid happily playing around the grass…