Night 2

Booty Call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSkh3YfBG4s

 

The next night, Hwasa waited for his text informing her of his return. But that night passed with no text, the night after that was silent, the night after--nothing-- and before she knew it, it had already been two weeks. She shouldn’t have been hopeful while waiting. She knew they were nothing but emotions are hard to contain once they start moving.

It was 10 minutes before midnight and Hwasa was sitting on her sofa watching a movie. A bowl of ramen in her hand, she tried distracting the thoughts of him with the delicious food and film. Her hair was in a messy bun and she only had an oversized T-shirt on with underwear. Once she finished her bowl of ramen, she slowly put the bowl on the coffee table as she focused her eyes on the TV monitor. She turned away for once to grab her lion doll to accompany her for the rest of the night. Just as the movie was about the finish, she heard a buzzing coming from her phone. Her heart started racing. Could it be Jimin? The movie became irrelevant as she quickly reached for her phone on the coffee table to see who was texting her so late at night. Her heart dropped when she saw a picture of Jimin with Jeongyeon having a night date on the streets. They looked so happy; they must have reconciled within the two weeks he was gone.

“Wake up Hyejin-ah. I know this hurts but you shouldn’t let his visits blind you. You can do better than him!” Hwasa read from her best friend Wheein.

“I know. You should look after your boyfriend too,” she replied back.

“Ya, this isn’t about me right now.”

“What are you doing out so late at night?”

“On a late night date as well before we came across them. Don’t wait for him tonight. We know you’ve been staying up for his texts. Do you want me to come over?”

“No, it’s okay. I’m going to sleep now. Goodnight Wheein-ah.”

Letting out a soft sigh, she closed her eyes to stop her tears from falling. She knew she was being foolish but it still doesn’t mean it hurts less. Her emotions were still there despite knowing damn well they meant nothing. The only person she could blame was herself for letting her fall for a man who doesn't love her back.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence on the couch, she turned off the TV and grabbed her phone and lion doll to her bedroom. It’s now 2:30 am and she has accepted that he will no longer be coming back. That night, she slept with a broken heart.

-------

“Girls! I was able to get in contact with Bang Si Hyuk and he agreed to work with us! A Mamamoo and BTS collaboration! He said he talked with the rest of BTS to see if they agreed and they will be happy to work with you guys,” Kim Do Hoon excitedly told them. “What do you guys think? Would you like to take up the opportunity to work with BTS?”

“BTS?!” Solar exclaimed. “But they’re so popular now, we’re basically nothing compared to them. Not only that, but won’t fans be upset?”

“Only if it doesn’t get executed well. There are not many people who ship you two together and if there was ever a ship, it’ll be between each other’s respective groups. Moonsun and Wheesa are more popular than you girls with the boys. And it’s the same within BTS as well.”

“When you put it like that.. But there are definitely some fans who will still get angry,” Moonbyul chimed in.

“There will always be those who are angry. But I believe you girls are the only ones who will be able to pull off this collaboration with them. No other girl group will have this opportunity. You will be the 3rd generation of a boy-girl group collaboration. Wonder girls and Big Bang did a collaboration and SNSD and 2PM did a collaboration. Mamamoo and BTS doesn’t sound too bad. Not only that but amidst all of the girl group in this generation, you will be accepted!”

“We can see and try to see how it goes. It’ll just be a one time project anyway,” Solar concluded.

“Is everyone else in agreement?”

Moonbyul nodded her head. Wheein only looked at Hwasa in concern.

“Yes, I’ll be okay with the collaboration,” Hwasa said.

“Wheein?” Do hoon looked at her. She let out a sigh.

“If everyone’s already agreed to it, I have no choice to agree as well.”

“Perfect! I’ll get in contact with Bang Si Hyuk-ssi immediately to discuss the next step!” He walked out of the conference room.

“Fate is weird isn’t it?” Wheein said.

“What should we do?” Moonbyul rests her head on her hand.

“Well, we’ve already agreed. We have to go through with it now,” Solar looked over at Hwasa.

“I’ll be fine guys. It’s not that serious,” Hwasa let out after noticing how everyone was giving her worried glances.

“We should’ve said no,” Solar got up to walk over to Hwasa to give her a hug. “I’m so sorry. I should’ve declined the offer. You guys would’ve followed me in saying no. What have I done to our Hwasa.”

“It’s okay Unnie. Besides, I know how much of a fan you are of them,” Hwasa smiled through Solar’s hug.

“Right now it doesn’t matter if I’m a fan of them or not. I can be a fan from afar.”

“Thanks Unnie, but we accepted already.”

“If anything happens just let me know. I’ll tell Jin oppa know so he’ll address it to them,” Moonbyul informed.

“Don’t forget that we care about you too. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us, okay?” Wheein reminded.

“Thanks, I love you guys so much.”

“We know.”

---------

Later that night, when Hwasa returned to her apartment, she received a text from someone who had not contacted her for a month.

“Can I come over? I’ll bring some drinks,” it was Jimin. He always comes in when she least expects him to.

“I’m already outside.”

Surprised, she went to open the door. He gave a cheeky smile as he lifts up a vodka bottle with a bag filled with different juices.

“Come in,” she said as she moved out of the way.

He made his way in and went straight to the kitchen to drop off the beverages. Hwasa started taking out two cups and but some ice in them before handing them to Jimin.

“ on the beach okay?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

He poured vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice in one of the cups and handed it to her. He poured vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice in the other one before proceeding to put the juices in her refrigerator.

“You wanted to talk?” she asked as she sat on the other side of the kitchen table.

“I’m sure you know of the collaboration already.” She nodded. “I want to come to you and apologize for what I did when I came over to visit you a while ago. I didn't mean for things to turn out the way it did. Thank you for calling Namjoon hyung. I didn’t want things to be awkward for us if we’re going to be working together.”

“It’s okay. I understand. Don’t worry about before. I only did what I thought was right. How are things with you and Jeongyeon?” Instantly, his eyes lit up.

“We’re doing fine! We had a heart to heart talk and now I think we’re understanding each other more. You were right. She just didn’t know how to express herself. Even though it might’ve brought some awkward tension between us, I’m glad I talked to you. I knew I could count on you. Talking to the boys were not helping anything at all.”

“That’s good. I’m glad everything turned out fine.”

“It’s only 10 minutes before midnight? The night’s still young,” Jimin started chuckling away as he slowly became intoxicated.

Hwasa stared at her drink. She knew if she drank enough, she would break down her facade. Before anything could escalate, she texted RM. “Jimin is at my place if don’t know where he is. We’re having a couple drinks. He’s getting pretty drunk. He might knockout soon.”

“Thanks, I’ll be on my way to pick him up.”

Having a bit of reassurance, she gathered the courage to drink more. They began to chat about the collaboration and about what project they should do and have. It wasn’t long before Jimin was refilling the third drink for the both of them. There was a sudden knock at the door and Hwasa went to open the door. Her head was dizzy but she still made out RM’s face.

“Oh, come on in,” she smiled at him. “Jimin is in the kitchen refilling his drink.”

“Hyung?! How did you know I was here?! Wanna have a drink with us? I’ll make you one,” Jimin exclaimed.

“Jimin-ah, come on. We should go. We have a company meeting with RBW tomorrow morning. I don’t know why you decided to drink right now,” RM said grabbing the juices from his hands and putting it down on the table.

“Ayy, what do you mean? It’s only 1:30. We’ll be okay.” RM started dragging the tipsy Jimin from the kitchen to the door. “Let’s drink at our place then. Okay?”

“Okay, I guess that’s fine too.”

RM finally dragged Jimin out of Hwasa’s apartment and made sure he was in the car. He came back up to take the drinks. When he came up to her room, he saw her twirling her glass around as her sorrowful eyes watched the drink move around. Even when she was heartbroken, she was still somehow beautiful. Her long black hair fell on her right side allowing him to see her perfect profile. He took a moment to take in and remember the melancholic angel in front of him. Her eyes met his and she jumped from her seat.

“Oh sorry, did you forget something? I didn’t know you came back,” she started walking to her fridge.

“I came back for the alcohol. Jimin isn’t done drinking,” he answered as he touched in nose while his eyes followed her.

She started taking out the juices and putting them in the same bag Jimin brought them in and handed it to RM along with the vodka.

“Thanks,” he said. She only nodded and smiled at him. “I’ll walk you out,” she offered.

“It’s okay, you should go to bed.”

“I insist. I’ll go to bed once I walk you out. Besides, you’ve got your hands full.”

They both walked to the door.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then. Have a good night Hwasa-ssi,” RM said as he bowed his head.

“Good night,” Hwasa replied before closing the door.

Once she knew that they were both on their way back home, she went to the bathroom to take off her makeup. Feeling a little more refreshed, she climbed onto bed and laid there for a moment.

“Everything will be okay. Our relationship is solely business for the time being and then it will be back to nothing,” she thought. “It was nothing from the start and will be nothing in the end.” Her eventful night came to a conclusion with a final mental picture of Jimin’s smile.