Night 1

Booty Call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwpFDtDcoWs

 

It was a silent night; the soft breeze cooling off the heat from the sun during the day perfectly describing the weather of spring. Hwasa was going to turn off the lights to go to bed as it had been a tiring day. It was nearly midnight and she had to wake up early to meet up with the rest of the girls. Abruptly, her phone started buzzing. She had planned on just glancing to see who it was, she had planned on ignoring whoever it was until the morning, she had planned on going to bed. However, upon looking at who it was, her eyes quivered a bit.

“I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” It was Park Jimin from the famous boy group, BTS.

She knew immediately. She didn’t bother on replying. She turned off her phone and went to check if she had some beer for her unexpected guest. Lucky for her, Moonbyul and Wheein gave her some beer a few days before for a small party they had for finishing their concert. There were butterflies fluttering throughout her body as she waited for his arrival but she tried hard to calm those butterflies.

“There is nothing between us,” she kept repeating to herself hoping that someday she’ll believe it.

Amidst her repeating her mantra, she heard the doorbell. A bit startled by the sudden noise, she let out a small yelp before laughing at herself. She went to open the door for Jimin and he rushed in.

“What took you so long? We can’t get caught,” he let out a bit irritated. Hwasa looked at her clock to see that it was 10 minutes before midnight.

“Would you like a can of beer?” she asked as she walked to the kitchen to grab two cans.

“Sure, I guess it’ll do for now.”

She put one on the coffee table directly in front of him since he was already settled on her sofa. She sat next to him and opened her can.

“Did-”

“Hyejin-ah, what do girls like these days? I tried getting her some jewelry but she got mad at me for spending so much money on it. We can’t even go on dates and yet she’s not satisfied with a small present like that? She didn’t even accept it,” he took out a ring that matched the one he was wearing on his right middle finger. “She told me to return it. But she doesn’t understand how hard it was to get it in the first place without making it seem suspicious to literally everyone in the world. And now she wants me to return it. Why can’t she just accept it?”

She stared at the ring as he examined a bit closer this time. She opened her can and started sipping on her beer. He put the ring on the coffee table in frustration and also opened his can of beer. He took a big gulp before letting out a “Kkyahhh.” Hwasa only watched him has he enjoyed his beverage. “This is what I needed.”

“Have you tried giving her a stuffed animal?” Hwasa asked. He only snickered, “I’ve tried giving her everything I could possibly think of! But she doesn’t even appreciate any of it. Not one bit! I don’t even know why I’m with her most of the time if she doesn’t seem to like me.” He finished his can of beer and scrunched it up. Hwasa went back to her fridge to get another can for him. She opened it for him before handing to over only for it to be devoured in a few minutes.

“Give me one more,” he demanded.

“How will you drive home?”

“I don’t care right now. I need to get her off my mind.”

Reluctantly she went to grab two cans and handed them to him.

“I don’t know why I love her so much it hurts,” he lets out before he took another big gulp of his third can. “She accepted my confession but now that we’re in a relationship, it doesn’t even seem like we’re dating. She doesn’t let me hold her when we’re behind closed doors or open up to me about herself. What kind of relationship is this?”

“Maybe she’s just not used to dating a popular person,” Hwasa tried to reason.

“She’s popular herself! It shouldn’t matter if we’re famous or not, we should still be able to enjoy our relationship to a certain extent. I know we can’t get caught but that doesn’t mean we have to completely ignore each other! Don’t you agree?!” He finished downing his third can and began opening the fourth can.

“Hyejin-ah, am I not desirable?” he looked at her straight in the eyes. She could tell he was still sober despite having three cans already. “How could you even ask that? There’s a lot of girls who want you from around the world,” she answered nervously before taking a small sip from her can.

“What’s the point of having them want me when the one I want doesn’t want me,” he started drinking his can. “You don’t have any mix drinks, right? I need something stronger.”

“I only have this. Would you like to have more?”

He got up from where he was sitting and walked over to her fridge. Irritated that there wasn’t anything besides the beer, he grabbed three more cans. He placed them on her coffee table to finished the fourth can.

“Hyejin-ah,” Jimin whispered. He turned to her and his gaze fell onto her eyes.

“What is it?” she asked not breaking eye contact.

“Would it have been easier if I had asked you out instead?” she could smell the alcohol from his breathe.

Before she could answer, he turned back to the cans and opened another one. Her heart stopped for a moment while he was so close to her.

“Why don’t you just ask her why she’s not responding to you well,” she asked.

“It’s not as easy as you think. She doesn’t even let me see her. She’s always with her group or she if she isn’t then she hurries away. She doesn’t answer my texts to her either. Communication with her is so hard. It’s making me think that this relationship isn’t worth it.”

He continues to drink his sorrows away. Hwasa looked at the time as saw that it was almost 2. Almost immediately after, there was a buzzing from his pocket. He took it out to see who it was. He groaned before tossing his phone on the table. She looked to see who it was. Incoming texts were from s asking him where he was and if he’s okay.

“You should reply back to them, they’re worried,” Hwasa said.

“Not right now, I’m getting tired,” he closed his eyes and leaned back on the sofa. “In front of me is the “It” girl and I can’t even enjoy her company,” he whispered to himself. “I’m just here moping about another girl.” He opened his eyes and glanced at her. She was in an oversized shirt with sweats and her hair in a messy bun. It must’ve been the alcohol finally working but he felt aroused even with her dressed like this.

“Hyejin-ah, just for tonight.. Make me forget about her,” he leaned in to kiss her. His hand made its way under her shirt to her chest. However, before anything could happen, Jimin fell limp as the alcohol finally consumed him. Hwasa looked at the table and noticed that the three cans he took from the fridge had already been emptied. She didn’t know when Jimin finished the alcohol but she pushed him off of her and laid him on the sofa. Both relief and disappointment filled her body.

“There is nothing between us,” she said again before she grabbing Jimin’s phone. Using his finger to get into his phone, she called RM.

“Jimin! Where have you been?! Don’t you know we have-” RM’s worried voice rang through Hwasa’s ear.

“RM-ssi. This is Hwasa from Mamamoo. Jimin-ssi came over and he is unconscious right now. He had a lot of alcohol so he might be hungover when he wakes up. I can send you my address so you can come pick him up.”

“Uh, Hwasa-ssi, I apologize for the inconvenience and for having Jimin bother you so late at night. I will come over immediately to pick him up.”

The call ended and Hwasa got off the couch to start cleaning the beer cans. She knew her unnies were going to scold her again for allowing Jimin to come in, especially Wheein. She’ll have to deal with the nagging later. Right now, she’s tired. She went to sit on her sofa and just as she was about the fall asleep, her doorbell rang. She immediately got up from her couch and opened the door. RM was standing outside her doorway and he looked just as tired as she was.

“Come in,” she moved out of the way for him to enter. “He’s passed out on the sofa. Don’t worry, we didn’t do anything. There’s nothing between us if you’re wondering.”

RM followed her into the living room to find Jimin passed out. “Okay, I’ll believe you. I also assume you know how much he loves Jeongyeon.”

“Yeah, I know. We didn’t do anything. He passed out before anything could happen.”

“I’m sorry for his reckless behavior. Thank you for calling me. I’ll get him off your hands, you look tired,” he said as he put Jimin’s arm over his shoulder. “Have a good night Hwasa-ssi.”

Hwasa tried to help RM by grabbing the other side of Jimin. “It’s okay, you have a good night as well RM-ssi.”

Once RM was out of the door with Jimin, Hwasa closed her door and looked out her window. It took awhile for her to see them again driving away but she was glad that at least they were going out just fine. RM looked above to where Hwasa’s apartment would be once more before driving off. Hwasa watched as the car slowly disappeared. By this time, it was already 4 in the morning. The sun wasn’t up yet, but she knew in a couple hours, the sun will rise and she’ll have to start the day as if nothing happened. She went to lay in her bed but she couldn’t go to sleep. 4:30 rolled around and she hear her phone buzzing. Since she wasn’t sleeping any time soon, she decided to look at it.

“Hwasa-ssi. This is RM. I got your phone number through Jimin’s phone. I have a feeling this won’t be the last time he comes over to your house. If he does, you can call me and I’ll be there to take him. Once again, have a good night.”

“Thank you RM-ssi. Good night.”

Finally feeling tired from everything, her body succumbed to exhaustion and she fell to a slumber.