My Love My Life

My Love My Life

Mina stared at the invitation in her hand. She went over it again, her eyes lingering on words: Decline . Eyes began burning and she teared up. But before tears could stream down her cheeks, she brushed her nose and blinked the tears away. Slamming the invitation on a tea table, she stood up and started pacing across the living room. Her hands were on her hips, head tilted back as she stared up into the ceiling, refusing to cry. Walking back to the sofa, she sat down, grabbed the pen and circled the word. Slamming the pen down, she leaned back on the sofa and crossed her arms.

A moment later she bit her lower lip. She held for her head and leaned forward, her elbows on her knees. Closing her eyes, Mina grabbed the pen once again and stared at word; Accept . Glancing between ‘decline’ and ‘accept’ she crossed ‘decline’ and circled ‘accept’ instead. Throwing pen back on tea table, she held the invitation in her hands. She glanced to the side and saw a lighter. Reaching for it, she held the invitation in one hand and lighter in other. Igniting the lighter, she watched the flame for a second before slowly inching it closer to the paper. A small smile spread across her lips, a part of her relieved. Yet another part of her felt horrible and in the next moment she was taking out the fire.

“ …” Mina cursed and stared at the burnt paper in front of her. Letting the tears fall, she covered her face and leaned on her knees. With a shaky exhale, she pulled hands over her face until they only covered . Closing her eyes once again, her hands rose to her forehead, already feeling a headache coming.


Standing in the hall by the reception, Mina wore an A-line, off the shoulder, high low burgundy dress with same-coloured high heels. Her hair was loosened, with light waves, over her shoulders. She wore a necklace with her and his initials that she unconsciously reached up to touch, along with a simple gold chain bracelet. Her eyes were focused on the family of the bride, of Mina’s close friend, and she wondered why was it such a good idea to come. Especially when he was there to greet the guests while the bride and groom were getting ready for the wedding.

“Hey,” A male voice spoke until Mina felt a hand on her lower back.

With a startle, Mina turned her head to the side, small smile spreading across her lips. “Taehyung,” she called softly.

“Not going in yet?” The man asked, his eyes focused on her.

“I—” She started, but was caught off by another hand, a bit higher than Taehyung’s, on her back. She the other side and chuckled, seeing Yoongi’s irritated gaze. “It’s wedding, Yoongi.”

“I know,” Yoongi grumbled and looked ahead. “Come inside.”

“I will,” Mina nodded and held their hands. “Go ahead, I’ll be right behind.” Her smile was soft, but neither of them wanted to leave her alone. “Come on, I’ll come inside, I promise. I just need to find the table number I sit at and I’ll be right behind.”

Yoongi and Taehyung looked at each other, but succumbed. With both giving a squeeze to her hands, they walked towards their friend, whose smile widened at their arrival. Mina watched the two congratulate the family, her smile slowly disappearing. Looking to the side, she saw her name and slowly reached out to grab it. Taking in a deep breath, she looked at the number and shook with head.

19 —Of course it would be that table. To them, she was nothing anymore. Not a bridesmaid anymore, but just a friend. A friend of the bride.

Letting out a silent sigh, Mina folded the paper and just when she was about to walk inside, she stopped when her eyes met with his . Her heart skipped a beat, but she was the first to avert her gaze. There was shame that she felt as she cleared and with careful steps approached the families. On the right side, before the entrance, stood the groom’s family. A father, mother and younger sister. With a smile on her face, Mina congratulated them.

“It’s lovely of you to come, Mina.” Mother of the groom spoke and held her hands, giving them a small squeeze.

“Thank you,” Mina bowed once again before she moved to the family of her friend’s. “Aunt,” she softly greeted the middle-aged woman, who sadly smiled at her.

“Mina,” The woman held her hands and squeezed them tight. “Thank you for coming today. Dawon has been asking whole morning where you were.” She laughed and Mina followed suit.

“I believe you,” she nodded with her head. “There was an accident on the road, so I only managed to arrive a couple of minutes ago.” Mina didn’t miss the way his expression changed. But she ignored it and faced the father of the bride. “Uncle,” Her smile turned softer.

“Mina,” The man smiled and nodded with his head. “Thank you for coming.” The man was short with words, but Mina knew he meant so much more.

Stepping in front of their son, her smile slowly disappeared, yet she forced herself. “Hoseok …” Her voice was much quieter, almost like a whisper, and she bowed with her head. “Congratulations.”

“Thank you,” Hoseok bowed back.

Mina could feel his parents’ eyes on them and even the groom’s family on her back, but with only short sentences exchanged, she was quick to bow once again before she almost stormed inside. Holding for her chest, she took in a shaky breath, almost afraid that her heart would stop beating. But there she was. Finally inside the venue, where families, distant relatives and friends were all seated. She shook with head, ignoring the eyes on her back, and looked around. She knew where her table was, yet she stood in the back, small smile on her lips as she watched people laugh and talk to each other. There was no way she was going to ruin her friend’s day by the drama that is her life with Hoseok.

Spotting Taehyung and Yoongi by one of the many tables, she saw other members of BTS as well. Jungkook was there, laughing at something Seokjin said while Jimin was shaking his head, completely unamused. Namjoon was sitting with his back towards her, but Mina could tell he wasn’t amused by their actions. Like they felt her gaze on them, Jungkook looked right at her. Followed by Jimin and Taehyung, the three youngest members waved with their hands, their smiles wide and bright. It caught the attention of Seokjin, Yoongi and Namjoon, who turned her way as well, all three smiling at her. Mina waved with her hand, her smile present, before she made her way to the table she was assigned.

At the table sat an old woman, wearing glasses, which Mina recognized was the babysitter of Dawon and Hoseok. Beside the woman, on the right side, sat a young couple, who owned a café in the city—same café the groom’s father found inspiration from. On the woman’s left side sat a middle-aged man, he was tall and slim, wearing glasses and Mina knew he was distant cousin of Dawon and Hoseok. He was barely even considered family anymore, but Dawon wanted to have him there on the special day. Beside the cousin, and Mina, sat a young man, in early twenties and Mina wondered who exactly he was, but remembered he was one of the groom’s friend.

“Hi,” Mina awkwardly smiled.

Everyone greeted her back.

Quietly sitting down, she didn’t miss the way Hoseok’s eyes watched her when he walked inside before his parents did. She forced herself to focus on the question the babysitter, or nanny Sarang as she was known, gave her.

“Hm?” Mina hummed, followed with; “Oh, right…” she chuckled and rubbed her nose. “I—uh, am Mina and I got dumped by Dawon’s brother,” slowly turning around in her seat, she looked just in time Hoseok and a young woman took their drinks with interlocked arms, “the best man, back at table 1.” If anyone would look at her in that moment, Mina was sure they’d see a scowl on her face.

“No kidding …”

“Oh,”

Were the only words Mina heard before she looked back in front. Her eyes teared up and she laughed at herself, suddenly feeling ridiculous for even coming. Especially when she knew his plus one was his ex-girlfriend.

“So if you know Hobi, you also know rest of BTS?” The young man asked, his eyebrow raised.

“Kinda,” she murmured and before she could say anything, she looked back towards where Dawon and her soon-to-be husband were already greeting some of the many guests. She spotted Hoseok standing not too far from them, walking towards the exit and the moment their gazes met, he gestured her to follow him. It didn’t go unnoticed by others as the married couple exchanged a knowing glance.

“Excuse me,” Mina excused herself as she almost struggled to stand up. Dread filled her, but there was also some kind of relief, hope that maybe, just maybe they’d reconcile. No one said a word as they watched her almost skip out of the venue. Everyone looked at each other, their expressions showing surprise and slight amusement.

Once standing in front of the doors, Mina was about to speak, but Hoseok beat her to it.

“What are you doing here? What’s the deal?”

Mina flinched at his cold tone, but managed to suppress it. “I came to the wedding, what else.” She chuckled. “What are you doing here?” she asked back and mentally slapped herself for asking such rhetorical question.

“I’m Dawon’s brother, Mina.” Hoseok said, his eyes showing anger that she even thought of asking that.

“Right,” she nodded and looked away.

“What are you really doing here?” he didn’t back down. “You circled ‘decline’ before you circled ‘accept’ and ignited the RSVP like you were having barbeque.” He scowled and Mina lowered her gaze. “I thought you wouldn’t come, with how your voicemail sounded.”

“You listened to all voicemails I sent?” Mina’s eyes were slightly wide and Hoseok seemed flustered, unsure what to say and he began to stammer before a photographer walked around.

“Smile,” the man said and without letting them react, took a photo. The man stopped for a second, looked at the two, but continued his way to leave them alone.

“Come on, Mina, please don’t go all crazy today.” Hoseok sighed.

“All crazy?” her eyes widened. “What does that mean?”

“It means you do something big, get mad and you can’t take that back until it’s too late and you just…ruin everything. Jihye will murder me.”

“Oh, wow,” she laughed and turned to the side. She saw the woman, who was sitting beside Hoseok, smiling and laughing with one of her friends. “You can tell Jihye she doesn’t have to worry about that. And what’s the deal with her either way?” There was confusion and she turned back to Hoseok. “You invited her so you could show everyone how in love you are? Is that it?” There was that anger inside her that she wanted to let go. To let it slip outside and talking to Hoseok in the moment almost made her slip.

“Really? You think that way?” Hoseok’s eyes widened. “Then why would you care if you’re just here for the wedding and my sister?”

Lips pursued in thin line, Mina pointed at him. “You’re right.” She nodded and Hoseok agreed. “It’s none of my business if you cheated on me with her.”

“What?” Hoseok hissed.

“Why should it even bother me?” she raised her hands and took a step back.

“Come on, I didn’t cheat on you with her.” He laughed. “It started after we broke up and you dropped out as a maid of honour.”

“I just…” Mina started, but was unsure how to continue. “How does a guy—After three years, you break up with me over text message. Good luck with your future endeavours . Were you firing me, what the , Hoseok?”

Hoseok was trying to shush her down.

“No, don’t shush me. You’re an .” She hissed. “Are you honestly ashamed of how you broke up with me? Well you should be!”

“This is what I’m talking about!” Hoseok groaned and went with hands through his hair. “You can’t be calm. You always make a fuss when there’s no need for it!” Neither of them realized how close they were until Hoseok took a step back, eyes sharp and filled with anger and disappointment. Mina quieted down, feeling ashamed. “Just, don’t ruin Dawon’s day today. Pretend you don’t know me and I’ll pretend the same.”

Without letting her say a word, he turned and walked back into the venue. Biting her lower lip, Mina put hands on her waist and looked up into ceiling, fighting the tears back. She took in a deep breath and just when she was on the doorway, ready to walk back to her table, she saw Jihye approaching her with expressionless face. She didn’t have to guess twice she’s going to hear from her as well. Letting her drag away, Mina managed to free herself once they stood by the reception.

“What do you want?” Mina sighed, feeling a headache coming.

“What are you doing here?” Jihye crossed her arms, her glare more than present.

“What am I today here for? Interrogation?” Mina scoffed and shook with head. “I came on wedding.”

“You sure you’re not here for Hobi?”

“No …” Even if she didn’t sound convinced, Jihye bought it. How? Mina had no idea and neither did she want to know. “As long as I know, and in case you didn’t, I was Dawon’s friend before I dated Hoseok. As someone who dated Hoseok before me you should’ve known that…” she murmured the last sentence under her breath, but Jihye heard it nonetheless.

“Well at least you’re here only as a friend at table 19.” She smiled ever so gently and Mina had a sudden need to pull on her hair, but all she did was make a fist. “Too bad you’re not maid of honour, right?” she asked, continuing to dig into the wound that still hasn’t healed.

“At least I was the first choice to be a maid of honour.” Mina countered back.

“At least I was first choice for Hoseok’s girlfriend.” Jihye didn’t back down.

Mina scowled and tried to come up with more. “He—he listened to all the voicemails I sent.” It was a ty excuse, she knew that, god she knew, but she had no idea what else to say.

Jihye slowly shook with her head. “You know what that tells me?” she asked. Seeing Mina narrow her eyebrows, she continued; “It tells me you don’t know when to stop.” Mina gritted her teeth, feeling her eyes becoming watery. “Hoseok broke up with you and moved on. I fit into this family, you never did.” With those last words, Jihye turned and walked back into the venue, leaving Mina alone.

The receptionist, who was watching from the side, pursued his lips into thin line and focused on his work, giving Mina the privacy. Mina blinked with her eyes and turned around, sniffing as she tried to hold back the tears. With a whimper, she started pacing before she came to a stop and covered her face with hands. Going with hands through her hair, she swiped them back and turned towards the exit of the hotel, but turned and walked down the hall to the ladies’ bathroom. As much as she knew that Jihye was right, she didn’t want to give her the satisfaction that she managed to get to her.

Leaning over the sink, Mina tried to calm herself down, trying to take a breather, but it was almost impossible when Jihye’s words kept repeating in her head. Hearing the doors open, she unconsciously turned around, but froze when she heard a soft and quiet voice call out for her. It was Jungkook. She saw his reflection in the mirror, his gaze sad and soft, which meant he saw what happened with Jihye. Which also led to a possibility that he also heard. And maybe not Jungkook alone, but all six members except Hoseok, who was busy.

“I’m fine, Jungkook.” Her voice cracked and she covered her face.

Jungkook took few long strides to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her in a hug. “I always liked you better than Jihye.”

Mina would have laughed, but all she managed was to sob as she leaned her head on the side of his chest. “You’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

“Yes, cause it’s true.” He replied and slowly pulled away. Wiping the tears with his thumbs, he smiled softly. “Would you like to sit with us? We can make a room for you.”

“No, it’s okay,” Mina shook with head. “You’re listed as Hoseok’s friends, I’m not even that anymore.” She laughed and bit her lower lip hard to not say more. “I’m okay, Kookie…”

Jungkook quietly stared at her before he let out a silent sigh. “Alright,” he nodded after a moment of silence even if he didn’t believe her for a second. “Me and guys are close if you need to go away for a moment.”

“Okay,” she whispered and nodded with her head. With another sniffle, she chuckled when he hugged her again. “I’m okay, Kookie, I’m okay…”

Leaving the bathroom, she gently shoved Jungkook to go ahead, but he was stubborn and walked by her side. When they reached the venue, Jungkook looked at her and a silent conversation passed between that left him pouting and huffing. Mina shook with head and with one last smile at him, walked back to the table. Sitting down, her smile slowly disappeared as she stared at the plate in front of herself.

“Are you alright?” Saran spoke, gaining Mina’s attention. “You look lost.”

Her eyes widened as she pointed at herself. “I do?”

“If you need help, just ask us.” Her smile was warm and on any other moment Mina would appreciate it, but at the moment she felt upset more at herself than anything.

“Why would I need your help?” she didn’t mean to sound rude, but she was just confused.

“Because you have no one.” Sarang answered and Mina wanted to laugh.

“I did table assignments with Dawon.” She laughed. “How could I have no one here? I planned half the wedding.” The only response she got was Sarang’s soft smile that told Mina, she didn’t really believe her. Feeling anger inside her, she took in a breath before she began explaining the table arrangements. “We’re a table no one would care for if we disappeared in the middle. No one would miss us.”

“Enough!” Sarang slammed her hands on table.

“I did the table assignments with Dawon,” Mina pointed at herself, staring at Sarang “before I was replaced as maid of honour because her brother broke up with me over text message after three years.” She looked at everyone, their expressions telling her everything. They didn’t want to believe her, but they knew she was right. “That’s the kind of table this is.”

“I told Jung Dawon a never-ending story when she was five.” Sarang spoke. “I taught her dozens of rock-n-roll songs.” She smiled at the memory that so visibly represented itself. “I gave her, her favourite toy in the world. A traditional Korean teddy bear that she so loved, I bet she still has it now.” Mina could see she didn’t want to believe what she said. “Does that sound like a person they’d put at a table of people they don’t care about?”

“It sounds like someone, who was invited to a wedding because Dawon’s mom found out she was paying for the groom’s nanny plate and wanted to settle the score.” Mina didn’t hesitate to say.

Sarang looked away towards table where the groom’s family was sitting and saw a middle-aged woman laughing with the groom’s mother. There was a look of bewilderment on her face and Mina couldn’t blame her.

“Oh and me too,” Mina continued. “I mean, I’m here too.” She looked from one to another. “Even though Jung Hoseok is the worst person I ever knew.” She laughed. “I wanted to see if I was still in love with him.” She stared at the plate in front of herself before forcing a smile on her lips. “So thanks for the offer, but I’m done looking for help from people, who are as lost as I am.”

A moment passed until someone tapped on the microphone, gaining the attention and cheers. Everyone at the table turned, including Mina. She didn’t turn completely, but enough to see it were Hoseok and Jihye standing there, ready to speak.

“Hi, I’m Hoseok,” The man introduced himself.

“And I’m Jihye,” the woman beside spoke.

“I’m the best man,” Hoseok grinned, cheers gained from the table where rest of BTS members sat.

“Maid of honour.” She added, more cheers heard from all over the venue before both continue; “Welcome to the first dance of Mr and Mrs Lee!”

Mina quietly stared at the couple before she looked at Dawon and her husband, who walked onto the dancefloor. Music was already playing and there were claps and laughter, screams and enjoyment along with Hoseok’s voice in the background. While everyone was dancing and enjoying the wedding, Mina was sitting still on her seat. One by one others left their seats and disappeared in the crowd or left the venue, but she remained seated there.

Taking a sip of water, it passed some time before Mina stood up and walked around the corners, grabbing a bottle of beer along. She saw everyone from BTS, aside from Yoongi and Hoseok, dancing on the dancefloor. They weren’t talking and Mina wondered why when they were always either together or talking about each other like they were siblings. It confused her because Hoseok was sitting alone and so was Yoongi. No matter how friendly they seemed before the ceremony began it didn’t seem that way now. Once she reached the corner, she looked towards dancefloor and saw Hoseok suddenly dance with Jihye, but his eyes were focused on her. She felt her lower lip tremble and was the first to turn away. She walked towards the window and sat on the floor, enjoying it enough so she couldn’t see anyone’s faces; especially Hoseok’s.

“You shouldn’t drink.” A male voice spoke.

Mina stared at the bottle, but raised her head, smiling softly. “Yoongi,” she called softly and watched him sit beside her. “Aren’t you dancing?” she teased.

“You know I don’t unless necessary.” He grumbled.

With a chuckle, Mina took another sip, but Yoongi was quick to take it away. A pout formed on her lips and Yoongi laughed. “What?” she asked quietly.

“You should be dancing and laughing right now.” He answered and looked ahead, his eyes focusing on guests. “Though I can’t deny this place is also cool for weddings. I don’t mind them.” With a shrug he took a sip of the beer. The moment his lips touched the tip, he remembered this was Mina’s bottle. Freezing his motions, he glanced to Mina, whose eyes were focusing ahead instead. Letting out a silent sigh of relief, he pulled away, putting the beer beside.

“Did you talk with him?” Yoongi decided to break the silence between them.

“I sent messages, left voicemails …” A sigh followed. “Nothing,” Mina shook her head. “You?” she glanced at him. “I hope you’re at least talking to him.”

“Working on it.” He admitted with a chuckle. The corners of Mina’s lips turned in a small smile. “I’m trying when we’re all together. Still working when we’re alone.”

“Sorry…” she whispered. “If I didn’t…” she stopped, feeling closing up on her. Closing her eyes, she took in a shaky breath. “I think this is perfect spot at the weddings too.” She said instead and Yoongi chuckled. Neither of them talked of what Mina started.

“You know what?” Yoongi turned to her before he stood on his feet. Mina followed him, her head raised as she stared at him with confusion. “Let’s go dance.” He grinned and without letting Mina try to wriggle her way out of it, grabbed her by wrists and pulled her off the floor in one swift motion. She yelped, but Yoongi laughed at her flustered expression as they made their way to the dancefloor, where everyone danced.

Mina saw Hoseok with the corner of her eyes, but she didn’t have time to focus on him or Jihye, because Yoongi spun her around before her chest collided with his. His hand held hers tightly while with other he placed it on her back and pulled her closer to him. He was close, too close, but Mina didn’t find it in herself to push him away. She couldn’t find the strength not when Hoseok watched her. His expression showed slight anger and more that she couldn’t see because Jihye pulled his face away by pressing a kiss on his cheek. Mina scowled and turned her head, the ocean scent filling her nose. It was her favourite that she gave Yoongi on his birthday.

“I didn’t think you’d dance.” Mina spoke.

“Yeah?” Yoongi pulled away enough to look down at her. His eyes were soft and a smile graced his lips. He was ever so gentle with her and it made her heart ache. “I always make exceptions.” When it comes to you. Was left unspoken, yet Mina could hear it clear as day. His eyes were telling her so much and more that she couldn’t watch the sincerity and broke the eye contact.

“How are guys?” she asked quietly.

“They’re okay.” His nonchalant answer made her glare at him. He laughed and continued; “They miss you at the dorm. Every now and then they pester me, asking when you’ll come, but can’t really say anything, can I?” he pulled his hand off her back and tugged a strand of her hair behind her ear. Mina’s eyes watched the way his went from hers to her lips, lingering there for a second too long before they landed back on hers. “Jungkook misses you a lot. Jin hyung sometimes makes your favourite meal, dessert and whines later how you’re not there. Jimin keeps repeating same songs over and over again; especially the ones you suggested him. Taehyung doesn’t want to admit it, but he misses you too. Few days ago he was about to ask when you’ll come ‘cause he has tickets to the gallery you love. And Namjoon…” he hesitated. “Namjoon doesn’t show it, but he misses you. Even if it’s just to put us all into our place.” He laughed.

“You sound like I dated everyone.” Mina snorted and Yoongi’s laughter grew louder. “I miss you guys too.” She admitted after a moment.

“Come back,” Yoongi whispered.

Her gaze met with his. She shook with her head. “You know I can’t. Not when he’s there…” Looking away, her eyes met with Hoseok’s, who watched them. His eyebrows were narrowed, but he shook with his head, scowling like he couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“Screw him,” Yoongi turned them around so he faced Hoseok. His gaze hardened, turning into glare and Hoseok wanted to burst right then and there. “You’re not with Hobi anymore.” He leaned down and pressed a kiss on her cheek. He felt her freeze, but his focus was on Hoseok, who suddenly turned livid. There was anger that flashed inside his eyes, jealousy visibly present.

“I…” Mina stammered. “Yoongi—”

He didn’t let her say a word more, because he was pulling her away from the dancefloor and towards exit. They stood there, visible to any passers-by or guests, but Yoongi didn’t care. Mina stared at him, shocked and surprised, but there was sadness and Yoongi knew that face too well. He saw the same expression years ago and he watched it now again and it almost made him laugh that same scenario was repeating.

“Don’t say anything.” He smiled before she could open . “I know,” he nodded and held her hands. “It’s okay too.” He continued slowly, his voice much quieter. His eyes remained on her stomach, chuckle escaping his lips. “But remember I’m always here for you.” Without another word, he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers.

Mina’s eyes widened, but she closed her eyes unconsciously. She melted into the kiss that was bittersweet. She felt his emotions, which overflowed her and brought tears to her eyes. She wanted to break into tears and scream at Yoongi for not giving them a try, but she also wanted to scream at herself for not doing anything either. The kiss lasted few seconds before Yoongi pulled away. His eyes watched her and he cupped her face, wiping the tears with his thumbs.

“I love you.” He whispered and left the venue.

Mina blinked with her eyes, tears continuing to fall down. She wiped them with hands and turned towards exit, taking in deep breaths to calm down. It helped as she continued to exhale and inhale, each intake longer. Looking up into ceiling, she tapped her cheeks before she took in a deep breath, turned around and walked back to the table where she was sitting. Some of the guests looked at her and she knew those looks—looks of assurance if she was alright.

“I’m okay,” She choked out and nervously laughed.

Before anyone could say anything, there were cheers as Hoseok stood now by the microphone once again. Their eyes met for a moment and Mina wondered why, for a split second, he looked so beaten.

“There are few things I’d like to say.” Hoseok began, eyes looking now at the whole venue. “When Dawon told me she started dating Jonghyun I was what every brother was, even if four years younger.” He laughed, the guests following. “Of course I was just a kid in his eyes and I couldn’t blame him for not taking me seriously, because he never gave me a reason to be a jerk to him.” He smiled and looked at the young couple. “They’re the prime example of a couple, who are always there for each other. There’s love between them that I know no one could break that, which tells me that they trust each other. They support each other,” his eyes found Mina’s table, his gaze locked with hers in a second. Mina saw with the corner of her eyes Yoongi walking back to his table, Namjoon telling him something, but the older man just waved him off with a smile. “They love each other,” Hoseok continued, “but more than anything, they know they’d never give up on each other.” Smiling to himself, Hoseok looked in front, a wandering gaze in his eyes.

“Then I thought …” he stopped for a moment. “People always do things that make your trust diminish, things that every day you love them just a little less. And they almost always let you down, so where did Dawon find to tell me that they never gave up on each other?” he asked and looked at Dawon before his eyes landed on Mina once again. “Maybe she realized that when he did let her down, she’d just be ready to forgive him.”

There were cheers, yet Mina couldn’t find in herself to bring herself to cheer as well. Her eyes burned and she almost scratched her nose to prevent the itch, but she couldn’t tear her eyes away from Hoseok. She blinked with her eyes, nauseousness overcoming her like a wave. Her chest heaved, it became harder to breathe. Hoseok held the microphone in his hands, eyes still looking at her before he turned and with a smile called out: “Come up here, Jihye. Save me please. I don’t know what I’m talking anymore.” There was laughter and cheers and as Jihye made her way to his side, Hoseok wrapped an arm around her back and pulled her in a kiss.

Feeling something turn in her stomach at the scene, Mina took the closest napkin and wrapped it around , throwing up. The guests at the table were startled and they looked at her, worried. Without looking at anyone, she stood up, one hand covering while other unconsciously held for her stomach as she made her way out of the venue. She didn’t see the way Hoseok watched her leave, worry sudden clear on his face and he wanted to follow her. But he couldn’t leave Jihye right in the middle of the mess he made. All he could was watch her helplessly as she rushed out of the venue. He saw the guests at the same table follow her before he looked at Yoongi, who was talking with Jungkook. He cursed inwardly for him not seeing and wanted to yell at him to go after her if he already loved her enough to kiss her right in front of him.

Mina was leaning over the sink, her face wet with water. She reached for the paper towel and wiped it before she startled at the doors opening. Looking towards, she let out a sigh, seeing Sarang stand not too far from her. “Please, go out.”

“I know what happened.” She said and stepped closer.

“Oh god,” Mina closed her eyes. “I don’t feel well, go out.” She groaned when Sarang didn’t listen.

“You’re pregnant.” The nanny said and it wasn’t a question or anything, just a simple statement that made Mina tear up once again. “He broke up with you over a text after you told him you’re pregnant.”

Mina’s lower lip trembled as she tried to fight back the tears. Sarang reached out and wrapped arms around her.

“I’m so sorry.” Sarang whispered and shut her eyes, her embrace just a bit tighter.

There was noise coming from outside. Mina recognized Jimin’s voice and she pulled from nanny, her confusion visible on her face. She looked at Sarang, who seemed confused as well. The next voice Mina recognized was Seokjin’s and her heart paced up. Without bothering how she looked, she left the bathroom, Sarang following behind, only to meet all seven members of BTS along with the guests, who were sitting by her table. Hoseok stood in front of everyone, Yoongi not too far behind, both having hard gazes, which was directed at the owner of the café.

“What’s going on?” Mina spoke.

Hoseok immediately turned to her, his expression turning into worry as he took a step closer to her. “Are you okay?” he asked, not even bothering for his surroundings anymore. “You looked really pale when you left the venue.”

“I’m fine.” Mina answered, feeling even more confused and before Hoseok could say more, the owner of the café turned to her, speaking directly to her: “So it’s true? You’re pregnant?”

Mina flinched at his question and glanced from Hoseok to Yoongi and every BTS members, seeing some of them were surprised. It was obvious they didn’t know Mina was pregnant. The only ones who actually did know were Hoseok and Yoongi. And apparently by Namjoon’s reaction, even he found out. How? Mina wasn’t sure.

“I…” she began, but was unsure how to continue.

Without letting her answer completely, the man turned to Hoseok. “Did you break up with her because she got pregnant?” he asked.

“What?” Hoseok seemed confused.

“Did you or did you not break up with this young lady after she told you she’s pregnant?” The man repeated.

“No, wait,” Mina took a step forward, stepped between the man and Hoseok. “It’s okay.”

“You didn’t tell them what you said?” Hoseok’s voice made her turn around.

“What?” It was Mina’s turn to be confused. “What did I say? I didn’t say anything.”

“Yes you did.” He nodded and he heard the wife of the owner say: “What did you say?”

“She said we’d be ridiculous parents.” He stared directly into Mina’s eyes.

Mina stilled. “I didn’t say it like that .” However that felt like.

“You did.” Hoseok continued. “You said I keep disappointing you. I keep making you wait for me.” Everything quieted down around them. “That I’d be a ridiculous father, who’s actually never there for you.”

“You asked me if I wanted to keep it.” Mina countered back, anger building inside her. “And then I asked if you wanted to keep it, but you didn’t say anything . You were quiet!” She felt her eyes tear up. “That’s when I said we were ridiculous.”

“It was after you called me ridiculous.” he argued back. “Because, why would you want to keep our kid if you thought I was just…” he stopped, feeling his throat tighten. His eyes teared up and Mina wanted to punch herself for being stupid. She could see clearly as day how much he was also hurting. “…I was just a joke?” Hoseok bitterly chuckled.

“It was before!” Her voice broke. She wanted to be strong, but she couldn’t when she saw him breaking down like that. “And you were looking for a way out. I get that now!” she laughed and went with hand through her hair. “Everyone we know said we were wrong together.” She could see the way some member flinched at her statement. “Even your father didn’t stop saying I wasn’t the kind of girl, who ended up with you. He may have been nice to me lately, but when it was time for you to stand up for me, to tell him he’s wrong, they’re all wrong and stand by me, you didn’t. You were quiet. Instead you asked me if I wanted to keep it. Our child.” Her voice cracked. “That’s your first question.” She breathed out.

Hoseok looked to the side and gritted his teeth. “What was I supposed to say?” he looked back at her. Mina blinked with her eyes, like the question he just asked was a stupid one. “I’m never there when you need me. Then you tell me that our kid will grow up thinking I’m not even his father and that what we have is just a joke, just friendship.” He scoffed, his head shaking. “That I was never good enough for you.”

Mina took in a shaky breath, barely comprehending what he was saying. She knew what was going on, what he meant, thought, but hearing it directly from him, seeing the way his voice cracked and eyes shone from unshed tears, made her heart ache more than ever.

“I was so scared of losing you that when you told me you were pregnant, I asked if you wanted to keep the kid.” His voice grew just a bit quieter as he shrugged with his shoulders, followed with a small headshake. They stared at each other’s eyes, Mina breathing heavily as they both fought back the tears. “I’m ridiculous in many ways. I know that. But I can’t spend my whole life disappointing you as much as I disappoint myself.” There was silence that quickly followed with; “. I’m sorry.” As he turned and walked away without looking at guests or his friends, who stood there.

“Stop.” Mina called, her lower lip trembling. “Hoseok.” She walked after him. “Stop! Hoseok!”

“Leave me alone.” his voice was hoarse.

“No, Hoseok!” Mina didn’t want to give up. Not when he said those things. “No,” she shook her head and looked behind. “He doesn’t get—” before she could end her sentence, she bumped into table with a cake on. Hoseok yelped in surprise, cake falling right into his hands as Mina stood there, eyes wide and shock evident on her face. Hoseok stumbled, murmuring “oh my god” under his breath, as he tried to save the cake.

Mina woke from her daze and she stepped forward, ready to help him, repeating “we can fix this” as others just watched the scene. Other guests still enjoyed dancing, neither even seeing the commotion. Not even when Hoseok slipped and threw cake on the floor, some of it falling on Mina’s dress.

Mina was panting, her eyes teary as she had no idea what to do. She just ruined her friend’s wedding cake, the one cake she looked forward to so much. Blinking with her eyes, she watched Hoseok get rid of his stained jacket and threw it on the ground. He stepped over, not to slip, and walked towards exit. He turned just before and looked directly at Mina.

“I’m ridiculous?” he pointed at himself. Without another word, he turned and left.

Mina was still panting as she looked back at the cake, worry, shock and guilt spreading inside her like a wildfire along with thoughts of how to fix this. She couldn’t see anything else than the ruined cake. Looking down at her dress, she squatted down and began picking it up into Hoseok’s jacket to get the place cleaned up before anyone could see it. Guests, who were sitting by her table, helped her along with Yoongi, who was silent through the whole exchange. Mina couldn’t look at anyone, feeling too embarrassed.

Thanking them over and over again, they managed to clean the place enough to not make it so obvious that something was wrong. Leaving the venue, Mina didn’t look at Hoseok’s friends or Yoongi, just passed them by. Even if those words were exchanged years ago, it still left a small wound that got open just then.

“Mina,” Yoongi called, but she shook her head. He stopped halfway, his eyes begging her to let him close, but she only shook with her head again and left without a word. The last thing she wanted was to be in his vicinity or anyone else’s. She wanted to be alone.

Walking down the hallway, Mina didn’t bother if she looked weird with cake on her dress. She blankly stared in front of herself, walking aimlessly in the hotel. She was standing in the elevator all alone, her focus anywhere but in front.

Mina was in her hotel room, wearing a pure silk nightgown. Her hair was wet from the shower she just took and a moment later she found herself standing in front of a mirror. Her eyes teared up at all scenarios replaying in her head and she sniffled, brushing her nose. Closing her eyes, she took in a shaky breath and looked at her reflection, eyes immediately falling on her stomach. She caressed herself, but hand slowly stopped on her stomach. Turning to the side, Mina continued to stare at her stomach in the reflection all while caressing it. Her eyes continued to tear up until a tear streamed down her cheeks. She inhaled sharply, trying to hold back only to broke into a sob. Hands immediately went to cover her face, suddenly feeling afraid. Afraid for her future and her child.

Sobs turning into cries, Mina held onto the cupboard as she knelt on the ground. She wanted to stay strong. But seeing Hoseok with Jihye, kissing in front of the guests, Yoongi kissing her out of nowhere and her ruining the cake—the one thing she swore she wouldn’t do—broke her.

Taking sharp breaths in and out, she tried to focus on her breathing, but it was almost impossible. Her eyes were shut close, images, memories of being with Hoseok overcoming her in a second. Mina knew the argument was stupid, but she couldn’t help feeling disappointed and angry at herself for letting it go that way. She knew how much Hoseok wanted to be with her, but couldn’t because of his career. She knew the members liked her, even if in the beginning they opposed to the relationship and even voiced out their thoughts aloud directly to her. While some of their words still left a wound in her, she understood them after all she was someone who Hoseok saw as friend for years until they ended together. But to her it all felt like an upgrade. They weren’t just friends anymore, but they were friends, best friends who were a couple. Nothing much changed between them, aside from hands holding and kisses on the lips and cheeks and so much more PDA. But nothing else changed. He was still Jung Hoseok, little brother of Dawon. And she was still Mina, best friend of Dawon.

It felt like Dawon and her husband were the only ones supportive of their relationship. Even her family wasn’t fond of Hoseok, but came to agreement they’ll give him a chance. While Hoseok’s mother was thrilled to have Mina in her family as more than just Dawon’s friend, it was in fact Hoseok’s father, who seemed to be reluctant to the idea of them being together. And even he voiced out his thoughts in front of whole family.

It was hard for Mina. Hard to fight for the acceptance of Hoseok’s family and his friends. It was harder now that she was pregnant and no one else knew aside from Hoseok, Yoongi, five strangers and other six members of BTS. Mina scoffed and wiped the tears away, feeling life has been playing with her too much.

Standing on her feet, she walked over to her small suitcase she brought along and went through her clothes. Taking out plain jeans along with a white blouse, she changed into fresh clothes before making herself presentable enough to go back to the party. She wasn’t sure where others have gone to, but when she came back to the venue, the table she was sitting at was empty. Biting her lower lip, she didn’t look at the table where BTS was sitting and neither did she look at Hoseok, who saw her stand on the doorway. She turned and left, remembering Sarang speaking of her room number.

Mina could hear voices inside the room and she hesitated to knock. There was laughter and guilt spread inside her. Closing her eyes, she was ready to turn and just leave, but she couldn’t without apologizing. Letting out a silent sigh, she raised her hand and knocked on doors. Everyone quieted down and Mina’s heart beat like crazy in her chest. She waited for a moment until the doors creaked open.

“Mina,” Sarang called in surprise.

“Hi,” Mina forced a smile. Sarang opened the doors wider so she others were sitting on bed. “I know I was rude today and I wanted to apologize. I didn’t come to ruin the wedding and in the end I did nonetheless but not just for myself, but for you as well. I’m sorry.” She said and bowed.

“It’s alright,” Sarang smiled and stepped aside. “Do you want to come inside?” she asked softly.

“It’s okay,” Mina shook with head. “I contacted the reception when I left the room, so I’ll be leaving.” She held the suitcase just a bit tighter by her side.

“Come on,” Sarang smiled softly. “It’s not many times we get to hang out. Especially if the wedding’s the only place for us to be together.” That brought laughter from the people along with Mina.

“Alright,” Mina quietly nodded her head and walked inside with the suitcase. Others watched her as she sat on the edge of bed, looking anywhere but them. It was obvious she felt guilty for ruining the day even if it was unintentional.

“Do you live close by?” The young man asked.

“Itaewon-dong,” she answered.

“Oh, you have one of those rooftop apartments?” Dawon’s cousin asked.

“Yeah, you could say it like that.” Mina laughed and scratched the side of her cheek. “Pretty dull comparing to Hoseok and Dawon, huh?”

“Not at all!” The wife of the café owner waved with her hands. “I mean, we live just above the café, so if anything I believe your apartment’s better than ours.” She laughed, her husband joining in. Mina couldn’t help but laugh at her response. “Have you dated long?”

“Three years,” she shrugged and looked away, her lips pursued in thin line. “It’s fine though. I mean, I got here today, saw I don’t exactly love him anymore, so …” she stopped before saying any more lies. And other knew she was lying; it was obvious the way she looked around.

But they talked. They talked for minutes, which quickly turned into hours. And they laughed and joked in the hotel room. Stories were exchanged of how they met the families of the newlyweds. Those were rather bittersweet stories, but full of memories-good memories nonetheless.

Checking the time on her phone, Mina let out a silent sigh. She stood from the bed, gaining Sarang’s attention. The two exchanged soft smiles and before Sarang could say a word, Mina shook with head. They continued to talk to each other, neither really noticing Mina leaving. With one last look inside, the corners of her lips turned in a small smile before she closed the doors behind and left. Her head was lowered as she made her way to the elevator, thinking of all the ways to tell Dawon how she ruined her cake.

Just when Mina came to the ground floor, she raised her head and stepped out, determined to face her childhood friend one last time. Before she could even take any step closer towards venue, she heard her voice being called from somewhere behind. Turning around, her eyes widened seeing Yoongi running towards her, followed with Taehyung on his feet.

“Mina!” Yoongi and Taehyung called at the same time.

Mina was confused because the next second she wasn’t just surrounded by the two, but also by Jimin as well. She couldn’t look at one, because all three were speaking at the same time. “Guys!” she raised her voice, overtaking them in a second. “Calm down and…just…calm down.” She sighed.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Yoongi’s voice seemed rather cold.

“I was just about to talk to Dawon about the…cake…” she murmured and came to a stop when a waiter was pulling new cart with same cake towards the venue where Dawon was in. “What the…” she pointed and followed after the cake.

“Forget about the cake.” Taehyung said. “It’s done. There was another in case something happened and no one knows aside from Dawon.”

Mina’s eyes shot wide open. “Dawon found out!?” she hissed.

“Not really.” Jimin gulped. One glare from Mina, made him nod his head. “She didn’t see you anywhere for a couple of hours already and knew something happened. She threw a fit.”

“Oh my god,” Mina went with hands through her hair. “She’s gonna kill me. !” she cursed.

“She won’t,” Yoongi held her for shoulders, his eyes staring right into hers. “I told her everything’s under control and they’re leaving in a bit.”

“How’s everything under control if I made a mess!?” she raised her voice. “I shouldn’t have come today. Oh god, no wonder Hoseok is pissed. I always screw up everything.” Her eyes teared up, but Yoongi’s tight grip on her shoulders made her slightly wince.

“Will you listen to me for a second ?” he hissed and gritted his teeth. “Hobi is leaving with Jihye and I don’t know everything about the argument you two had, but if there’s anything I know, he stood up for you.” Mina blinked with her eyes as Taehyung and Jimin nodded by her side. Yoongi continued; “You think if he didn’t, I’d still let you two be together? I love you, Mina, I do, but Hobi loves you damn more and I’ll be damned if he still doesn’t feel that way.”

“You’re joking with me.” She laughed and shook with head.

“You think he’d really call Jihye for the wedding?” Jimin spoke. Mina looked at him in confusion. “She heard you two had a fight and took the chance. I don’t know how she found out, but the next thing we knew he was sitting with her and she was Dawon’s maid of honour.” He stopped for a moment, but continued, when he saw Mina processed what he said. “You think he’d let her be by his side when you were supposed to be there?”

“Then why did he kiss her?” Mina couldn’t hold back. “In front of everyone , he kissed her. His ex-girlfriend, who just happened to be the one his father hoped Hoseok would marry to. What am I even doing here in the first place when I’m nothing but Dawon’s friend.” She laughed.

“He was pissed because he saw me kissing you.” Yoongi said.

“You did what?” Taheyung’s head snapped his way just as fast as Jimin’s. Mina blinked with her eyes. “Hyung!”

“I know, I screwed up, but look,” Yoongi sighed. “I’m not taking that kiss back because it’s done. But before Hobi leaves for good, before he disappears today, you can’t let me be the reason for the hate that shouldn’t even exist between the two of you. You love him, I know you, it’s so painfully obvious and you’re having proof of that right here.” He placed one hand on her stomach. Mina’s lower lip trembled, her eyes filling with tears in a second. “And as far as I know Hobi, he still loves you. He’s too afraid to disappoint you again, to not be there for you, so he did what he thought was best. It wasn’t the move he wanted to do, but it was done.”

Mina shook with her head.

“Noona,” Taehyung called, making her turn to him, “he wasn’t thinking straight when he sent that text, but believe us when we say he loves and cares for you. He’d do anything to keep you safe and happy even if it means breaking up with you.”

Blinking with her eyes, Mina turned away and bit her lower lip. She bit it hard, feeling the sting bring more tears to her eyes.

“Noona …” Jimin’s soft voice called for her. “You know him much longer than we do.”

“Mina!” A female voice called out.

Mina’s eyes widened. “D-Dawon,” she called, but before she could say anything, Dawon wrapped her arms around her.

“I’ve been trying to get to you for whole day already.” Dawon sighed and pulled away, her hands gripping on Mina’s shoulders. Without letting her respond, she continued; “You’re also an idiot. Do you think I was happy letting Jihye take the seat as maid of honour? I wanted to deny it, but couldn’t because Jonghyun was there and our parents and god what did I do.”

“Dawon, calm down.” Mina chuckled. “It’s okay,” she said and held for her hands. “I’m sorry about the cake, I really am.” Lowering her gaze, Mina bit her lower lip. “And don’t talk like that. What if she hears you?”

“Let her,” Dawon huffed. “I’m also having a word with Hobi, which isn’t the matter right now,” she said once she received a pointy look from Yoongi. Rolling with her eyes she look at Mina. “Do you love him?”

Mina snorted. “What kind of question is that?”

“Do you love Hoseok or not?” Dawon repeated.

“You know it more than anyone.”

“Well, Hoseok is an idiot and if I haven’t met Jonghyun, I would have married you.” Mina burst into laughter and Dawon smiled. “There it is.” she tugged a strand of hair behind her ear. “I still stand by saying that Hoseok is an idiot, but so are you. You’re the couple that make my head spin and make me go crazy by how many times you’ve ended relationship only to get back together.”

Mina’s cheeks darkened.

“But I also haven’t seen any other couple more in love than you two.” Dawon continued. “Hoseok thinks the world of you and I know he only agreed to be beside Jihye because he’s confused. He hasn’t been himself today, especially when he couldn’t see you in the venue. You may think I haven’t noticed, but I know my brother. He looked so lost, but also so upset. He wanted to be by your side and god I almost went on the stage to break him away from Jihye even if he was the one who kissed her.” With a scoff, she shook with her head.

“He’s a er for you, always was. And you’re also an idiot. An idiot for being an idiot. I know I’m not making any sense, but what I want to say is that Hoseok wants you. Even if his actions today weren’t exactly showing you that, but I know he’ll regret it. And I don’t want that. I don’t want to see him broken even if he did it to himself. And I don’t want you to regret it either.” Dawon cupped Mina’s face.

Looking back at Yoongi, she saw him smiling ever so softly. Taking in a deep breath, Dawon let go of her and she ran down the hallway and towards the exit. She saw the same guests, who were sitting by her table, standing in the back and when they saw her they smiled and parted to give her space. Mina rushed to the front, just in time to see Hoseok ready to sit in.

“Hoseok!” she called.

Hoseok stopped almost midway and looked at her. His eyes were wide when he saw her breathless and Jihye was in the background, saying something, but he didn’t hear her because Mina was there, standing, looking ever so breathless in her jeans and blouse. “Mina?”

“Hoseok!” Mina called again and rushed down the stairs, jumping two at the time. Hoseok unconsciously rushed towards her, fearing she could fall and hurt herself. All guests now watched them, including Dawon, who now stood not too far away.

“I was wrong!” Mina began talking the moment she felt Hoseok’s touch. “It’s crazy. It so is!” she laughed, blinking with her eyes as tears streamed down her cheeks. “It’s crazy! After everything.”

“Sweetie, you’re embarrassing yourself.” Jihye spoke from behind.

“Shut up, Jihye.” Mina raised her voice.

“Shut up.” Hoseok followed right after. Jihye’s eyes widened as she stared from one to another.

“I can’t not be in love with you.” Mina continued, looking straight into his eyes. Hoseok’s hands raised to cup her face and wipe the tears away with his thumbs. “You screw up. But so do I! All the time and way worse.” She laughed and shook with head. “The baby is a screw-up. It’s a perfect screw-up.”

“The baby?” there were whispers and Mina saw Dawon covering along with her mother.

“I don’t want to be disappointed and let down by anyone but you.” Mina’s hands rose to cup Hoseok’s face in her hands, not even bothering if there were cameras and phones all around them filming and taking pictures. “And I don’t want to disappoint anyone but you …” she whispered.

Without a word, Hoseok pressed his lips against hers. Some cheered, some cooed as all clapped at the gesture. Mina smiled into the kiss, her arms wrapped around Hoseok’s neck. His hands went on her hips and around her back before he pulled her closer to her. In that moment she could forget about everything. As long as she had Hoseok close, she knew she could go against anyone and anything.

1 year later

Mina stepped out of the flat doors before she turned. She raised an eyebrow at Hoseok, who seemed to be right behind her and laughed.

“What?” Hoseok asked.

“You sure you haven’t forgotten anyone?” she asked right back.

Hoseok narrowed his eyebrows before they shot up and ran inside. Mina laughed and shook with her head when a moment later Hoseok walked back outside, holding a baby in his arms. She smiled softly and stepped towards him to hold the doors.

“World’s best dad when he doesn’t forget the baby.” She teased.

“Thank you,” Hoseok laughed, his cheeks hot and dark.

Mina stood on her toes and leaned forward to press her lips against his. The kiss was short, but soft.

“Ew, get a room!” A male voice called from the side.

Both turning their heads, Jungkook was the first who was seen. He was grimacing at their affection, but walked over to coo over the baby instead. Hoseok rolled with his eyes at his overreaction and all Mina did was laugh. Jungkook was already reaching out his hands to hold the baby, but Hoseok turned around to keep the baby to himself instead. The pout the younger gave made Mina laugh louder and she was the one, who took the baby from Hoseok and held him gently.

“And I wanted to hold her.” Jungkook’s pout grew bigger.

“You will,” Mina assured him before her eyes fell on Yoongi, who was walking towards them. The moment their eyes met, she smiled softly.

Yoongi immediately returned the smile before he turned to Hoseok. “If you guys lived close by, we wouldn’t have to wake up an hour earlier than usually just to get you.” He said and glared at Jungkook, who rolled with his eyes muttering: “Drama queen” under his breath.

“We definitely can’t live with you guys.” Hoseok said as a matter of fact before he sneaked his arm around her back, pressing a kiss on her temple. “Mina had her own apartment, so we decided to move to her place instead.”

“Itaewon-dong, really hyung?” Taehyung approached.

“We have everything close.” Hoseok shrugged. “Now stop bothering us with our decision to where we moved and let’s go.” He ushered the three members, who laughed before they left as he told them to. Turning to Mina, he saw she was smiling with the sense of teasing and he sighed, asking: “What?”

“I was thinking,” Mina began slowly as they walked towards the van that waited on the parking lot. Hoseok raised an eyebrow in question. “Maybe we should move closer to the dorm.” Looking ahead, she didn’t see the way his eyes widened. “I mean, I know we both decided to move here, but,” she looked back and frowned. Hoseok stared at her with eyes wide. “Hoseok?”

“Are you serious?” he asked.

“Well, if you want to. I mean, I’ve been thinking about it for a while now and yeah, it wouldn’t be bad to have all members closer.” She shortly explained with a smile.

Without thinking, Hoseok pulled her in a hug, kissing her all over the face.

“Hey, hey! The baby!” Mina opposed, but laughed as he began apologizing and giving whole attention to their daughter. “I’m serious though,” she said, making him look at her.

“We’ll go and see if there’s an apartment available.” Hoseok smiled and straightened up. Kissing her on the lips, his smile widened. “You have no idea how happy I am just to be with you. I love you so much.”

Mina’s cheeks burned. “I love you too.” She returned the smile and looked at their daughter. “I think members, especially Jungkook, will be happy to have Nana close too.”

“Ah, they’re gonna spoil her too much.” He whined. “Then she’ll want to marry them all. No! No, no, no,” he began shaking his head. “We’re moving to Jeju Island.”

Mina burst into laughter. “You’re an idiot, Hobi.” She shook her head and looked at Jungkook, who was wiggling his fingers towards her. “Alright, alright,” she smiled and carefully placed Nana into Jungkook’s arms, who beamed at finally holding her.

“None of you have permission to date my daughter!” Hoseok hissed, glaring at all members.

“What?” Seokjin looked confused. As a matter of fact, everyone did.

“He’s being delirious, ignore him.” Mina rolled with her eyes as she sat beside Jungkook after Jimin sat beside Yoongi instead. Hoseok sat beside her, his eyes like a hawk watching Jungkook. Elbowing him in the ribs, she gained a whine from him, making him pout.

“Is he already causing problems?” Yoongi smirked from behind. “It’s been only three months since Nana was born. Stop being dramatic.”

“Oh you’ll see when you get a daughter.” Hoseok was quick to oppose, but with another jab from Mina, he scoffed and crossed his arms over the bag he was holding.

Yoongi quietly raised his eyebrow and looked at Mina, who only shook with her head. She turned to Jungkook, who was humming softly to Nana. Nana’s eyes watched him, open as she tried to mimic the hums. Leaning her head on Hoseok’s shoulder, he looked at her before his eyes fell on the youngest member, seeing his attention was solely on Nana. Intertwining his fingers with Mina’s, he raised their hands and pressed a kiss on the back of her hand. Mina could feel a smile on his lips and she unconsciously smiled back. Laughter soon filled the van as they drove on the road and that was all Mina could ever ask for.