The mysterious men

Two Worlds

"How dare you call his royal Majesty an intruder?" One of the men dressed in traditional hanbok growled, his big, round eyes narrowed as he pointed his sword in Chanyeol's direction. 

" Well, you are invading my house!" Chanyeol said angrily. "This is where I live and what is with the traditional hanbok? Chuseok day is not around the corner and how did you even enter my house when I have a high security door lock? "

" Your Majesty , this insolent baboon deserves more than just an execution for disrespecting you. " Another man dressed in traditional hanbok turned to a man dressed in the most elegant and expensive noblemen garment among the three men and gave him a pleading look ." Please execute this baboon. "

" First of all, It's rude to call me a baboon. Secondly , you men should get out of my house before I call the police for breaking in into my house! " Chanyeol gave a scornful laugh. " I am beyond thinking you guys are absurb! "

" You clearly need a torture, do you? " The man who the other two claimed to be "Your Majesty" muttered under his breath. " Since I'm a merciful man, tell me where is this place and who are you? If you don't answer me I'll get Kyungsoo to kill you. "

" Alright. " Chanyeol rolled his eyes. " I'm Park Chanyeol, this is my house, we are in Seoul right now and I don't know how the heck you guys arrived here. I was looking at the blue moon when all of a sudden you and your so called followers landed in my living room ."

" Your Majesty, could it be? " The one named Kyungsoo gasped. " That mythical tale was true after all. "

" What are you guys talking about? " Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. " What stupid tale are you talking about ?"

" Every time when the blue moon rises , there's a tale that you'll be able to time travel to the future. "

" And how do you time travel when the blue moon rises? It doesn't make any sense this is nonsensical. " Chanyeol shook his head. " You guys must be doing some secret drama filming about time travelling and I'm the star. "

" Clearly it has something to do with the amulets we we're wearing. The royal astronomer proclaimed that these amulets were magical and it would be able to help us time travel. We were being chased by some assassins when we jumped over a cliff and when the blue moon rose on that very night the amulets must have used their magical powers before transporting us into the future. "

" This is bull. " Chanyeol started to laugh hysterically ." And how do I know if you guys are really from the past. " Chanyeol turned to face the "Royal Majesty"." And how do I know you're a king? You could be faking everything so you could steal my property."

" My name is King Wang Eun, my mother gave me the birth name Baekhyun. If you really don't believe me this is my ring only the king could wear. " Wang Eun carefully slipped his royal ring off his slim and delicate fingers and handed his ring over to Chanyeol to analyze it .

" I have seen this ring before. " Chanyeol squinted his eyes to have a better look at the ring, it was made out of pure jade with tiny rubies and gold speckled on it . It had a tiny dragon design made out of gold lining. 

" This can't be true. " Chanyeol uttered with disbelief. " You really are a king. "

" Since I have proven that I'm not just anybody you can talk back to you have no choice but to tell me how to get back home. "

" I can't bring you back." Chanyeol muttered. " You need another 2.5 years before the next blue moon comes again."

" WHAT DID YOU SAY ?" Wang Eun shrieked. " You have to be telling me lies, Minseok tell me this baboon is lying. "

" I'm afraid he's telling the truth." Minseok said solemnly. " The royal astronomer did mention about the blue moon coming every 2.5 years. And I haven't really properly introduced myself, I am Kim Minseok the royal secretary and that man with the look of a commander is Do Kyungsoo the king's bodyguard."

" I can't believe you have the audacity to introduce ourselves to that lanky looking baboon..."

" How many times are you going to call me a baboon? " Chayeol interrupted. " I get it I look like a monkey but that doesn't you have the right to go hard on me. I'm the only sparing you mercy by not calling the police to take you away."

" What is a police? " Kyungsoo asked suspiciously. 

" You don't know what is the police? " Chanyeol scoffed ." The police are people who are empowered by the state of law that means they protect the lives of citizens like me from people like you and make sure everywhere is safe."

" Enough of this! " Wang Eun shouted. " All we need is a solution to go back to our world."

"But Your Majesty where are we going to stay? We have no where to go? " Minseok asked with a worried voice. 

Wang Eun turned to look at Chanyeol and gave a tiny smirk. 

" Clearly our so called future friend will allow us to stay here isn't that right, Chanyeol? "

" First of all, we ain't friends. Secondly, who gave you permission to stay at my house?" I'm the owner, I'm like the king here except in a different world this is my territory..."

" Unless you want me to get Kyungsoo to chop off your head for you. He's an excellent martial artist and an expert with swords surely he'll make sure your head is chopped off clean."

" Fine! You can stay! " Chanyeol groaned. " But on one condition, I'm the king of this house so whatever you guys do it has to be done with my permission, am I clear? "

" Why should we listen to some commoner? " Minseok gave a stifled laugh.

" Silence Minseok! " Wang Eun commanded. " As you wish we'll listen to you but you have to remember I'm still a king and don't you think I'm going to obey every single command you tell me because I still am a King ."

" You guys need to get out of those traditional hanboks first and clearly I guess you need a haircut..."

"HAIRCUT? " Kyungsoo shrieked. " This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Have you heard about the rule where nobody can cut their hair in the Joseon Dynasty?"

" Kyungsoo is correct. As a king I can't cut my hair, I'm the father of a nation and don't you know it's a great sin to chop off your hair?"

" Would you like it if everyone stares at you three strange men at the subway station? "

" What is the subway station? Is it a temple? " Minseok raised his eyebrows. 

" I'll show you what's the subway station when I have the time you guys really need a haircut I don't care if you have those policies but since you are living in my world you have abide to the rules and that rule includes cutting your Rapunzel like hair. " Chanyeol explained. 

" What is a Rapunzel? Is that a type of noodle? " Kyungsoo asked as he his lips." Your Majesty isn't it time to eat? "

" I believe so ." Wang Eun nodded ." Chanyeol, get us some food! "

" Why should I cook for you strangers? "

" This is an order!  Cook us something or else..."

"Fine! I'll cook you something, are you happy now?" Chanyeol gritted his teeth and stormed into the kitchen. "I am suppose to be sleeping right now and here I am with three strange men who supposedly came from the past. "

"That commoner is really hot tempered. " Minseok commented ." He should have a nice cup of hot jasmine tea your favourite eunuch always brews for you personally Your Majesty. "

"I wish I could. " Wang Eun said solemnly, his eyes started to glisten and his facial expression turned slightly grim. 

" I apologize for mentioning that." Minseok bowed his head with remorse. " I thought I could have made you happier by mentioning that."

" That's alright." Wang Eun gave a sad smile. " We can't undo the past. "

"Hey, Your Majesty!" Chanyeol called out from the dining hall." Your dinner is ready. Ask your followers to tag along."

"What is this?" Wang Eun looked at Chanyeol suspiciously as he took a seat at the dining table. He stared at the plate of carbonara spaghetti for a long time.

" This is carbonara spaghetti. It's an italian dish." Chanyeol explained. "Try it, I am a professional chef after all."

" And where are the chopsticks?" Kyungsoo asked as he grabbed a fork and stared at it for a long time. " Is this thing some sort of weapon?"

" It's a fork." Chanyeol gave a stifled laugh." And it's my mistake I forgot you don't know how to use a fork I'll get the chopsticks."

Chanyeol returned with three pairs of chopsticks and sat down and watched the three strange men eat.

" What is this? This is the best dish I have ever eaten." Wang Eun said as he gobbled down the dish.

" It's carbonara and I'm glad you guys like it. You seem to savour the dish a lot." Chanyeol chuckled. " It must be so boring to eat the same cuisine all the time."

" You have to tell me what is your magic, what is your secret to this unbelievable dish that doesnt deserve to exist." Wang Eun said." Minseok, write down whatever this man is about to say."

" Yes, Your Majesty."

" Why don't I print out the recipe and give it to you guys so your palace cooks could cook for you?"

"But we don't have the right ingredients." Kyungsoo commented.

" Right, I totally forgot about that. " Chanyeol facepalmed. "Maybe one day we'll go to the supermarket and buy a lot of ingredients so you can bring it back."

" Do you have any family members?" Wang Eun blurted out. " I live in the palace with my mother and wife but you seem to be all alone. "

" What's with the random question? " Chanyeol stuttered. 

" I am just curious. "

" My... My Father is living in the US and my mother... She passed away when I was twelve years old from cancer and my sister is a news reporter but she lives in Busan. I have a best friend named Kim Joonmyeon who I consider a brother, he's a neurosurgeon working in a hospital." Chanyeol shifted his eyes to avoid eye contact with Wang Eun, his eyes started getting slightly teary. " I am sorry if I look a bit down talking about this but I really miss my mother. "

" I deeply apologize for asking, I lost my father when I was just fifteen and I needed to take over the throne. "

" Why am I even telling you such a sensitive topic? " Chanyeol baffled. 

" I am the king and I was just curious about your family background since we are going to live with you for a while."

" Maybe I just needed someone to tell since I'm living alone, who's this wife of yours?"

" Soon Deok? She's the daughter of the commander we got married when I was still the crown prince. She is the toughest woman I have ever encountered. She may not be the prettiest but she was certainly one of the kindest woman I have ever encountered."

" Even you have a love story to boast about. I'm still single without a girlfriend and I certainly can't find one soon."

" Kyungsoo doesn't have a girlfriend." Wang Eun said teasingly. " And Minseok is still trying to find a way to get a young maiden to fall in love with him. "

" Am I the only one feeling uncomfortable?" Kyungsoo asked ,looking flustered. 

" You're not the only one uncomfortable, Kyungsoo." Minseok blushed slightly. " Your Majesty how can you say that in front of him? "

" I'm just trying to tell him he doesn't need to feel bad." 

"That's enough for today it's already 1am in the morning, I'll show you the guest rooms where you guys can sleep in and I'll find some extra clothes for you change in and we are definitely going to cut that hair of yours whether you like it or not."

Chanyeol led the trio into a guest room where there was a double decker bed and a queen sized bed in one room. The room was simple with only a huge closet and a dressing table with a tiny bedside table in between the beds. 

" Are you out of your mind? " Minseok raised his voice. " The king certainly shall not be allowed to sleep in the same room as us! "

" Silence, Minseok. If this is the best he can do then we have no other choice."

" And here are your clothes, they may be a little bit too big but that's all I have for now. We can go shopping in the afternoon." Chanyeol gave Minseok a black ,plain sweater with a simple heart design and sky blue track pants. Kyungsoo had a bright pink T-shirt with black track pants and Wang Eun had a checkered sweater with black track pants imprinted with a Nike logo. 

" I really despise pink. " Kyungsoo groaned. " Can I get something else? "

" It's either you wear this or go ."

"Alright, I will wear it. " Kyungsoo signed as he took the pink shirt from Chanyeol. 

" I totally forgot the fact that you guys have never wore a shirt before, I think I'll help you but after that you're on your own."

After helping the guys to dress up, Chanyeol dragged himself into his bedroom and collapsed and fell into deep slumber. 

 

Is this really all a dream? Or am I under a curse? Or is that fairytale really true? Or am I hallucinating? And who is this Wang Eun? Is he really a king or is he something else?