Blue Moon

Two Worlds

" Chanyeol, you are indeed born with a golden spoon!" Kim Joonmyeon exclaimed." You have done everything that you have ever wanted to do, you live in a luxurious apartment, you owe one of the most popular italian resturants in the central district the only thing that you have never accomplished is finding a girlfriend."

Joonmyeon and Chanyeol have been best friends since they were in high school. Joonmyeon graduated from Seoul National University with a phD and is currently working in one of the most prestigious hospitals in Korea. They were having a meal together at Chanyeol's apartment, having a light hearted conversation in the dining hall.

" I think you're the one born with a golden spoon." Chanyeol frowned slightly, shaking his head. " You are a neurosurgeon and you graduated from a prestigious university, your father is a professor in a university and your mother is a judge and your older brother is a famous actor. And you have your first love as your girlfriend."

" Well, I suppose you could say that." Joonmyeon cleared his throat. " But you are definitely more talented than me, you can play all sorts of instruments, you can sing, you play all sorts of sports and your cooking is stupendous! Your vongole is absolutely flavourful and I wish I was as talented as you!"

" Thank you that's a wonderful compliment but not everyone gets to work as a neurosurgeon and you speak many languages." Chanyeol smiled slightly, sipping a glass of red wine." To be honest, it's a little lonely despite having all the money I could spend. I'm envious you have someone who loves you."

" Firstly Chanyeol you have to be friendlier with other people." Joonmyeon said as he took another bite of vongole." the only weakness you have is being too cold and stern. Man, if your social skills are as good as your cooking skills you are a total package."

"Dude, you know I'm someone who's reserved I just can't help myself to open up my feelings to other people. I can't change my whole personality overnight." Chanyeol protested. " You are someone who's an extrovert but I'm someone who's an introvert it isn't as easy as it is."

" I could teach you a thing or two about how to start dating. It's a miracle that I have an offday today, we don't get to meet each other very often nowadays..." 

"Joonmyeon don't you have an actual date to go to?" Chanyeol interrupted while tapping his wrist watch.

" Oh my goodness, I'm going to be late for my date with Irene!" Joonmyeon gasped as he looked at his watch. He stood up quickly and gather his belongings.

" See you soon, Chanyeol!" Joomyeon called out as he quickly wore his black converse sneakers before sprinting out of the apartment.

"What a relief!" Chanyeol heaved a sigh of relief before slumping onto the living room couch." I was afraid he'll provide some of his ridiculous advices on dating."

" He doesn't understand that I can't talk to other people the way he talks to them, enthusiatically." Chanyeol sighed as he went into the kitchen to get a tiny tub of ben & jerry's ice cream. He sat down,grabbed the remote control from the coffee table and the television.

" Romantic comedies are so unrealistic nowadays." Chanyeol rolled his eyes as the channel screened a romantic scene from "Touch your heart". "Watching the news would be a better option."

Chanyeol switched to the news channel, a well groomed lady was reading a news report about the moon.

" Good evening, according to reports a rare blue moon is expected to be in sight at about 11pm tonight! According to NASA the sightingof the blue moon occurs every 2.5 years.The blue moon is a phenomenon whereby the moon appears bluish owing to smoke or dust particles in the atmosphere."

" Interesting." Chanyeol exclaimed. "Looks like somebody is going to wait until 11pm for the blue moon to appear."


11pm

"I'm all ready to witness the blue moon." Chanyeol grinned as he stepped into the living room, holding a camera on his right hand. He was already dressed in his pajamas, he stood infront of the large living room window and started snappijng some pictures of the blue moon.

"Beautiful isn't it?" His eyes widened as he stared at the blue moon, radiant and bright. "I wonder if Joonmyeon is seeing this magnificant beauty with Irene?"
 

After taking a few more shots, Chanyeol analysed his pictures before deleting some that were unsatisfactory. He continued to stare at the blue moon and started to day dream.

" I wonder what life would be like if something unusual were to happen in my life, I have already lived the life the way I wanted I just don't have a girlfriend and I'm single perhaps..."

" Who are you?" A soft voice spoke out of the ordinary, there was nobody in the apartment except Chanyeol. Was it a ghost? Was it some imaginary being that has come to curse Chanyeol?

" I must be having a hallucination." Chanyeol whispered to himself, his hands started trembling, his legs started wobbling and his face started turning pale. He was afraid to turn behind thinking it was a ghost.

" Who are you?" The voice repeated. "Where am I?"

" You are a figment of my imagination!" Chanyeol raised his voice slightly, closing his eyes as tight as possible.

" Sire, I think that ignorant fool needs to have his neck slitted!" Another voice boomed. " Shall I do it, Your Majesty?"

" This is so strange, Your Majesty." Another voice chimed in. " This doesn't look like our world. Commoner, how dare you refuse to answer his Majesty's question?"

" I really must be losing my mind." Chanyeol started slapping himself to make sure he was not having a dream. 

" Commoner, Answer His Majesty's question or else..."

" Fine! I'll turn around and answer the question!"

Chanyeol hesitantly turned around and to his horror, three men wearing traditional hanbok were standing behind him with one holding a real sword, ready to slain Chanyeol.

" OH MY WHO ARE YOU INTRUDERS?"