Enigmatic

Nature of Him

Jungkook’s body tenses up as Taehyung suddenly naturally engulfs his small body. It was cold, so cold, and Taehyung hugging him like that turned everything much hotter. He hated it, what if he does something weird. Taehyung’s so close, he’ll hear one of the strange noises that comes from Jungkook’s stomach, or weird mouth sounds. Loud cheers arose from the audience as the home team makes a score. Taehyung, closes his eyes and buries his face deeper into the crook of Jungkook’s neck. 

 

...

 

Jungkook has just broke up with his boyfriend Jimin a few days ago. Would you even call it dating if it lasted for just a week? Jungkook did like Jimin, a lot. But after they started dating, it didn’t feel the same. If anything, Jungkook started to lose interest, he never wanted to be around Jimin. To his mind, Jimin was being too clingy, and affectionate. Being affectionate wasn’t bad, but it was the wrong type of affectionate. Jimin would be extremely sweet to Jungkook, as if he fed Jimin a love potion. It was a side Jungkook never saw before, and he disliked it. Jimin was also overly jealous at the smallest things. Okay, maybe not the smallest things. However, Jimin freaked out when Jungkook told him that his classmate Taehyung asked him to go to the movies, which Jungkook politely declined. Jimin wouldn’t let it go, because of Taehyung’s natural boy behavior. That only made Jungkook angrier, to him Taehyung may be a little flirtatious, but nothing like how Jimin describes. After Taehyung found out that the couple had broke up, he wasted no time sneaking back into Jungkook’s DMs. 

 

“Jungkook,” Taehyung calls from behind him. Jungkook stopped in his tracks, waiting for the guy to catch up. “Hey, so are you busy this weekend?”

“No, why?” Jungkook asks, as he continues to walk to his locker. Taehyung was pushed away by the crowd, but fast to return next to Jungkook. 

“Wanna go to the football game with me? Technically it’s on Friday, but it’s a home game.” (Note: Soccer, not American football)

Jungkook switches out books and closed his locker, leaning against it. “Hmm, I’ll think about it.”

“Okay, great! Message me later!” Taehyung says, smiling widely as he runs to his next class. Jimin appears out of nowhere, gently slamming Jungkook against the lockers. 

“What? You two dating now?”

“Jimin, no. It’s none of your business,” Jungkook replies, pushing his ex-boyfriend out of the way, and proceeds to his next class. 

 

He was paying no attention to his teacher, again. All Jungkook could think of was Taehyung.

Why would a guy like him, want to take me out?

You can categorize Taehyung has the popular/cool kid. He was an extrovert with a handsome face. Everyone wanted a piece of him, and he sure took a little taste of them. He’s dated so many people for such short amount of time, that Jungkook had lost track, not that he has been counting from the start. Jungkook was more of an introvert, so when he saw Taehyung, even he too wanted to be friends with the guy. They never had a class together until this year. Come to think of it, it was weird how Taehyung approached him. Lucky enough Taehyung choose the seat in front of Jungkook, simply because he and his friends wanted to sit together, and there was a whole row empty. Yet, they never conversed until one strange day. Taehyung asked to copy Jungkook’s work, but later confessed that he only wanted to talk to him. From then, he would text and call Jungkook every day. Jungkook was hesitant to talk for long, because at the time, Taehyung was seeing someone. Was it a coincidence that they broke up the same day Jungkook dumped Jimin?

 

It was already Thursday, and Jungkook hasn’t answered Taehyung yet. He didn’t forget, but was contemplating whether he should go or not. To be very honest, he thinks Taehyung’s best friend Yoongi is way more attractive, but after talking for a few weeks now, Taehyung isn’t that bad. Even so, if he decides to go with Taehyung, and things go wrong, he can’t try to go for Yoongi anymore. It was one or the other. 

 

Jungkook’s phone lit up, a text from Taehyung appeared on the screen.

 

Taehyung: Helloooooooo, so like, you haven’t answered me yet

Jungkook: right! Um, I dunno if I can go, sorry.

Taehyung: aw, c’mon. It’ll be fun

Jungkook: I don’t know, my parents are out of town

Taehyung: and?

 

Jungkook bit on his lips nervously. There was no reason to why he can’t go. 

 

Jungkook: I shouldn’t be out when they’re not home

Taehyung: I’ll be bored without you thoughhhh

Jungkook: huh, why not bring one of your friends along then

Taehyung: I want to bring you

 

Jungkook read Taehyung’s text, and his heart fluttered a little. He sighed before typing away on his phone. 

 

Jungkook: Alright fine, what time is it?

Taehyung: 7:00, I’ll pick you up, and pay, just bring yourself ;)

 

Jungkook giggles at the last text, rolling onto his back. He doesn’t know why Jimin would say Taehyung has bad intentions, he’s so sweet.